Author Topic: Board Member's History/Stats  (Read 53752 times)

BigIronMike25

Re: Board Member's History/Stats
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 07:03:00 AM »

Also if you are about 200 now and you were 200 before ever using gear, how many pounds of lean muscle do you think you have put on?

Baby Arnold has mastered the concept of putting on good size without adding much bodyfat at all.  I would say he's carrying at least 25-35 lbs more lean muscle tissue than he was when I first met him.  The guy is a machine, he eats clean year round, never lets up on the cardio, and trains his ass off, he truly lives for the sport and willingly shares his advice (which helped me tremendously this past show in june)

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2006, 11:08:08 AM »
Hi,
26 yrs old
six foot
243#
50 chest
32 waist
19.5 arms
10% bodyfat
Been lifting since I was 16 yrs old.  I guess more of a mesomorph here.  I eat 5 meals a day and protein drinks.  I believe that if your not getting enough calories and protein you wont grow. 

I started doing cycles when  I was 21. Currently ill do a few cycles a year. Nothing too complicated.  And never any real side effects.

I train 5 days a week.  Each body part only once per week heavy

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2006, 04:26:25 PM »
man arnold this is awesome thread, it also gives a chance to show not everyone hear uses to compete, but more for self use and choice....

my quick story

i had always been the skinniest kid in class, and tallest, even through out highschool. i lifted weights, did track and ate like a machine, only problem was i had such high metoblism i couldnt put on any pounds. i was not athletic build i was lanky as hell. at the age of 18 i rocked the scales at 150 pounds 6 foot 2 haha! it was pathetic. i started really gettin into working out and martial arts at this age, reading up arnolds book, learning about protein calories etc.  from about 18-24 i got up to a very healthy and athletic looking 185 ripped...... but i think from 22-24 my alcohol drug era slowed my progress, then at 25 my metoblism changed, i then started to put on muscle AND FAT quite easily but was up to 190. at this time and after 2 years of research on aas i decided to take the plunge, with a small cycle of test 500 a week i managed to get up to 215-220 with about 12% body fat. held onto all of it and was looking great, mind you this isnt huge at 6 foot 2 but im not into being the biggest guy, i currently train in MMA and i work construction, so add in sometiems 10 hr days of work, 4 hrs day training mma or working out for hour plus cardio and you can see where my aas helps me. i dont rely on it but it is a huge help.

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2006, 09:21:45 PM »
OK my turn - the O L D guy part of thread.
(so sorry) I have been lurking on this thread,
have not had the time to post . . .

I graduated school at 5'8" 125 lbs., was a wrestler
throughout high school. I too relate to being smaller
(mentioned elsewhere in thread) and disliked feeling
threatened. BUT I had big friends, rarely got picked-
on, with exception (8 years old) of **3 bullies holding
me down and cramming *dirt clods* in my mouth.
Personal healing moment there - speaking the petty
truths of youth, at one point feeling threatend . . .

I  a l w a y s  liked the way that exercise makes
you feel - always been somewhat of a hormone junky.

Lifetime Athlete, 46 years old YOUNG
Mostly did cadio/endurance based training
H A R D core bicycle riding (until 35-36 years old)
started weight training at 19 and have done
ever since, biking stood in direct conflict with
attempts at bulking, tendancy to be hard-gainer.
Body fat tends to be below 10% 24/7, easily
done without red wine . . . certain carbs.

I did my first program at 35 years old.  8)
I AM a proponent of training natural up to
genetic limits and t h e n consider hormones
as body declines its production. I have done
periodized Hgh since I turned 40 years old.

Averaged body weight (195) past 10 years
185 lbs. natural is easy for me to maintain
without AAS.

5' 8", 45" chest, 32" waist,
24" thighs, 16-17" arms,

Train my body parts oddly.
...I leave alot more time for recovery
than when when I was younger...
smaller parts heal quicker and
overall recovery IS multi-faceted
Arms and calfs 2x week.
Chest every 5th day
Back 6 to 7 days
Legs 7 to 9 days
shoulders incidentally trained...

s e l d o m do any cardio
particularly catabolic to me,
strips weight off of me . . .

My current program based on
my last cycle very effective - (intent)
improved shape, overall hardening.
kept vascular throughout.

. . . The base . . .

Test/Deca
- - - -  **10 weeks
D'bol jumpstart
- - - -  first 4 weeks
with HGH

then I shift from Deca
overlap with EQ

Test/EQ
- - - - **10 weeks
Primobolan DP
- - - - last 6 weeks
HGH thoughout
Anavar last weeks

Ahhh the benefits being old,
MATURE muscles the trade off,
may be worth the trade.
1 life 1 liver

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2006, 01:04:55 PM »
 ;D

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2006, 07:48:55 PM »
   so I posted this in the other thread but I will do it again in here...I am 21 yrs old 5'6 160-165 I started lifting when I was 17 in high school. I quit for a couple of years to get a job I started back when I was 20 after I broke my wrist in 5 places had a cast on for 3 months full arm cast. I lost down to about 130 and my arms got really tiny from not being able to use it. I grew up a pretty small guy so I have always wanted to be bigger, that is why I started lifting in the 1st place but I never took it really seriously until I got out of the cast. I got out of the cast in April of 05 I used my 1st cycle shortly after I started lifting hardcore. I took 500mgs test and that was it. I likeds it I gained 30lbs. I know not all of it was muscle but I think that maybe half was? I was off for about 6 months took the next cycle of 800mgs test and 400mgs Deca and dbol 5mg tabs pyramiding up to 5 tabs and then back down to 1(it was a 10wk cycle) I didnt gain alot of weight off of that cycle because I messed it up about half way through I didnt run pct with it(dumb gyno and deca dick). I did gain some strength with it though. I am taking some time off right now. I will be back in the gym in about a week. I went from 130 2 years ago to 160 right now.
5'6 160
arms at biggest 15 1/2
chest 44''
bench start (right after broken arm so it was really low) 115
now 245 for 2
squat 185 for reps
now(max) 315
deadlift 225 for reps
now(max) 345 for a couple
 Still not where I want to be but I am working on it so it will be better in a couple of months I want to be 200-215 pretty lean that is a long way off but I will get there

!@#$%

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2006, 08:09:57 PM »
This thread is depressing.

Doesn't anyone have a story of how they used to weigh 150 lbs, started using gear and now they weigh 300 lbs, lean?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2006, 08:24:11 PM »

Doesn't anyone have a story of how they used to weigh 150 lbs, started using gear and now they weigh 300 lbs, lean?

Depressing? It's everyones' real life experience and I for one find it motivating.

As for the 300lb lean and ripped guy, well that would be a pro BB.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2006, 10:11:34 PM »

Depressing is not being able to lift for almost two years... that's f**ing depressing... watching all your friends blow up and you're stuck at the same weight because you can't lift. :(

ty100

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2006, 11:10:12 AM »
Good stuff fellas...it's motivational to see where others have come and where they are going...hopefully more people will share their stories as well. Hopefully this thread will grow and everyone will feel comfortable sharing there ups and downs on it as time goes by.

It also apperas that everyone is being pretty honest...there have yet to be any outrageous claims of bodybuilding superiority...but I'm sure a couple of those will do there best to sneak in here.
im 24 years old been bb for four years i bench 750lbs for 7 reps and i squat 1000lbs for 10 reps but im not geting any bigger im 490lbs now. sorry i couldnt resisist, just a little humor. take buds

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2006, 02:06:07 PM »

What i find depressing are the stories of people who were at 150, and were gaining for a bit so they started juicing. i dont care who you are, you dont need any gear to get past 150 lbs wiht at 300 lbs deadlift.

Btw what would you folks suggest be some good benchmarks to reach naturally before startin with gear?

whitewidow

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2006, 06:50:48 PM »
What i find depressing are the stories of people who were at 150, and were gaining for a bit so they started juicing. i dont care who you are, you dont need any gear to get past 150 lbs wiht at 300 lbs deadlift.

Btw what would you folks suggest be some good benchmarks to reach naturally before startin with gear?

LOL- what a name you have there bud-lol
id say you should be benching close to 300pds and squatin at least 405 for a few reps before you step up to juicing-

!@#$%

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2006, 01:57:33 PM »

I think two or three years with no improvement should go by, before you start. You should be sure you are at your natural limit. I went 5 years without any improvement and tried many different workouts. After taking 5 years off, I returned to lifting and went back to the level I was at, within 2 years. I stayed at that level for long enough, that I know that it is my natural peak.

After two years of steady lifting I was squating 6 plates + for 5x8, deadlifting 7 plates + 5x8, inclining 2 plates 5x8 and benching 2 plates 5x8. I know my bench was pathetic, but I would do it after inclining. Even so, my bench has alway been pathetic, but after years of lifting, I am pretty sure that that was my natural limit. It was only after using pro-hormones that I started benching three plates. I also prioritized bench during this period.

After using gear my lifts are still the same though, I'm hoping this will change. I can no longer squat or deadlift much, due to injuries, and now oddly enough the bench is my best movement.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2006, 07:38:09 AM »

I think it would depend on the individual & what your goals are.

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2006, 08:52:46 AM »
im 24 years old been bb for four years i bench 750lbs for 7 reps and i squat 1000lbs for 10 reps but im not geting any bigger im 490lbs now. sorry i couldnt resisist, just a little humor. take buds

Ya' right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post something serious!
Ya wanker.

***These "KIDS" these days!***
(little boys) using cement weights
in thier mommies basements!!!
1 life 1 liver

Bonfiglio

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2006, 02:08:32 AM »
Wow, your one weak midget.

weldr911

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2006, 09:07:09 PM »
I'm 35 years old. I started lifting when I was 15, because my dad lifted weights and like most kids, I wanted to be just like my dad! I can remember hearing stories from the guys that worked with my dad, about how he was showing off at work and did some kind of muscular feat or how they always talked about how big and "bowed up" he was. And for a kid to hear that stuff and think to himself, "thats MY dad they're talking about", was a damn good feeling. I remember being so damn proud to be seen with my dad in public because he was so much bigger than everyone else's dads. That's why I intially started lifting. I wanted people to look at me the way they looked at him.

I was never very athletic in high school, unless you consider a drunken cow tippin night a sport. But I was always hitting the weights, taking in as many protein, weight gain shakes as I could.

Then, right after high school, I fell in love with a girl that I now refer to as "THE" devil. We married and had a couple of little boys and that's when I started pumping iron again. Remembering my dad and how I felt and how it felt to be seen with him, all muscled up. I wanted that for my kids, to be proud of their "bowed up" dad.

Things didn't work out, we divorced and the weights stayed racked. Just didn't have the drive anymore. My world had turned upside down. I started drinking, smoking, (cigs and dope), staying out all night and chasing my next high. I was pathetic!! I couldn't believe that I had let a freakin woman tear me apart like that, but she did.

I eventually pulled my shit together and straightened up. I started pumping iron and thinking about my boys. I got big again and restored my confidence. I met the wife I have now, of 10 years. And let me tell you something guys, when you marry "up", you HAVE to stay on top of your game! Because if you don't, the guy that is, will move in on your space when you're not looking.

We had alittle girl, and I went into double time!! I had always wanted to be bowed up for my boys. For a different reason. But now I have a little girl! I was honestly expecting it be a boy, even after the tests told us it was a girl. HOLY CRAP! A girl??!!

Now my pumping iron has a new purpose. When that "little" boy walks up to the door to pick up my daughter for her first date, I want to open the door and take up the damn door frame opening and put the fear of God in his eyes when he sees me standing there telling him to have her home at 8pm, even though he's picking her up at 7:30 pm. Because I know what "I" as after at that age, like most of yall. Horny bastards!! lol.

I'm really not into the intimidation thing, but I most defiantly am when it comes to my little girl. I have no desire to compete, none what so ever. I just love being big and getting "those" looks from other women with their boyfriends and husbands standing right next to them, watching them look at me. Damn thats awesome!

My two boys are 14 and 15 now. I love it when I'm with them some where and I hear them tell their little friends, "thats MY dad", and then  hear the response that I NEVER get tired of, "THAT'S your dad??!!" awesome. just awesome.

Unless both my arms are ripped from my body, I will never stop pumping iron. Well, I will as long as I'm physically able to anyway. I want to still be "bowed up' when I'm in my 60's.

Being muscled up is the best feeling in the world. And hearing my wifes friends tell my wife, (when they think I'm not listening), "I sure wish my husband cared about his body half as much as your husband cares about his." aint too painful either! 

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2006, 11:57:40 AM »
wow lots to learn in this thread alone! thanks guys for sharing. I suppose I'll tell mine.
Everything I've ever been into i've obsessed about it to the max. I used to Bmx and do tricks (360,backflips and such) which resulted in a broken elbow and its still a pain in the ass for training...i've lost range of motion so i can't completly lock out my right arm (not noticable but sometimes locks up and hurts) so when I stared working out I stopped biking.

I lifting in a really small, crappy gym when I was about 14. I had a friend a year older than me and got big from bench pressing so I wanted that too. I didnt' know anything about training, my chest workout was 4 hours long, I'd do flat,decline,incline press with dumbs,then a barbell, then flyes....just every chest excersise known to man! about one year later a new gym opened in my small, nothing to offer town and I joined. The gym was brand new and the owner was a monster.

He corrected my training and gave me a better idea about how to put one together. now I was about 17 years old and I managed to get to about 175lbs on a 5'9" frame. By this time me and the owner became good friends and he gave me my dream. To work at the gym. he was really skeptical about hiring a guy but i've proven myself. So I started working and Training hard, having the keys to the gym, I could do my cardio or weights or Tan whenever i needed. I worked for about 1 year and half then my girlfriend ( ayear younger than me) graduated and was going away to school...so obviously me being an idiot FOLLOWED her and had to leave my gym :(

Moved away didn't like school, or the new city/life had no friends so all i did was train and eat. I did my own shopping which helped. I went from 190lbs when i left my town in september....i came back for christmas and everyone in my small town, where everyone knows everyone thought i was on gear. I came back 224lbs. Soon my life went weird and I got really depressed because me and my girlfriend broke up so i came back home to get my job back and be happier. My boss offered me manager of the gym so obviously I said yes, im training,eating,tanning for free. My diet is pretty much like a bodybuilders which is super expensive so as long as I buy a box of chicken and some eggs it works out alright. Im 20 now and still havn't touched gear. I know I will. I read this board for hours everyday and learn more and more. I hope to get much better and still perfect my diet. all my friends are party freaks, and eat whatever, they think its insane that i'll bring my food in tupperware if I do go out with them. but yeah my storie's still in the making fellas, im sure i'll go to school for something i want not just cuz im following some girl. and i know i'll bodybuild forever.
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2006, 12:22:59 PM »
and i know i'll bodybuild forever.

You and me both bro...it's one of the greatest most addicting things on earth!

BigIronMike25

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2006, 06:31:26 AM »
You and me both bro...it's one of the greatest most addicting things on earth!

Its definitely unlike anything else!!!

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
Why we all do what we do . . .
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2006, 06:35:41 AM »

I once had a girlfriend ask me about weight training . . .
Almost defiantly (negatively) why do you spend
all this time and money for this sport.

My response to her . . .

How many things in life are you actually in control of?
How many things in life make you feel good each time you do it??
How many things in life do you see making a difference???
each and every time that you do it . . .

This RUNG HER BELL - stopped her dead in her tracks
she never once again bust my balls over my (reasonable)
interest in this remarkable sport that we each do as a
discipline (sp?) that has been one of the most productive
things that I have done in my life and I am thankful for
having it to steer the course (of my life) and to share
with others in my life.

1 life 1 liver

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Why we all do what we do . . .
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2006, 02:35:03 PM »
I once had a girlfriend ask me about weight training . . .
Almost defiantly (negatively) why do you spend
all this time and money for this sport.

My response to her . . .

How many things in life are you actually in control of?
How many things in life make you feel good each time you do it??
How many things in life do you see making a difference???
each and every time that you do it . . .

This RUNG HER BELL - stopped her dead in her tracks
she never once again bust my balls over my (reasonable)
interest in this remarkable sport that we each do as a
discipline (sp?) that has been one of the most productive
things that I have done in my life and I am thankful for
having it to steer the course (of my life) and to share
with others in my life.

Perfect answer mem.

I'll be honest though, ever since I've made BB my lifestyle, and BTW, I hate that word "lifestyle", I've found it increasingly difficult to create a meaningfull relationship with too many women. Yes, I can get dates, but I've gotten to a place in my own life where dating just for the sake of dating is just not really worth the time. I prefer cultivating a meaningful relationship, but with the way I live, this can be extremely hard on a lot of women. Even with an explanation like the one mem gave his girl friend, a lot of women can not accept the way I live. Now I'll say this, I truly believe that I treat all women with respect, and if I am in a relationship with them, then I feel that I treat them very well, but when BB is such a large part of your life, even the best treatment in the world is sometimes not enough. I used to say that I would never let BB define my life, but if I am honest with my self, then that statement would be false. It is something that has affected every aspect of my life and I for one believe that it's affect has been 100% positive. I'm certain that eventually I'll find or meet a woman who can fully accept and support what I do, but until that time I refuse to settle or alter the best part of my life. Sure, there are times when the way I live can get a little lonely and that's fine...women come and go, but my passion for this support remains the same.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2006, 02:43:28 PM »
Those questions you asked her, I wrote them down so i can memorize them and ask them to other people that bust my glutes all the time.
bodybuildersreality.com

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2006, 03:11:37 PM »
Good posts guys...

My girlfriend asked me stuff like that a few months ago...she asked "you always find time to go to the gym for 2 hours almost everyday but i'm always seeing you in your spare time, why?"

i replied that lifting is like my 2nd job...i just do it and i have to. it's part of my daily schedule and will not change. just like i can't skip work to hang out with her and then make it up later, it doesn't work like that. i go to work then straight to the gym, after that i can do as i please. there is nothing besides a family emergency or injury that will make me leave work or miss the gym. it's the same thing to me...she never understood and thought i was pushing her away, which was untrue.

8)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2006, 03:30:07 PM »
Random question here guys, I hope this doesn't affect the thread or insult any of you. How many of you guys have told your spouce/girlfriend about juice use, or family like parents,siblings, or aunts. have any of you ever had some serious problems??
bodybuildersreality.com