Author Topic: Playing tennis  (Read 17075 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Playing tennis
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2014, 04:52:14 PM »

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2014, 09:24:35 PM »
i do understand the big differences between male and female professional athletes ...
but we're talking about Serena Williams and you.
apparently you don't understand as much as you think you do  ;)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2014, 09:43:21 PM »
Tennis is a great sport. Loved it. I will buy a full set of racquets and gear and play again a little.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2014, 09:58:24 PM »
There exist zero possibility that the best female racquet sports player would even begin to bother a top 1000 male player in the world. The hitting partners of the average shitkicker pro would massacre the best female players. Even a good male club player would challenge Serena Williams.

To think otherwise illustrate that you know nothing about racquet sports.

Perhaps stick to the thong game?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2014, 10:04:03 PM »
There exist zero possibility that the best female racquet sports player would even begin to bother a top 1000 male player in the world. The hitting partners of the average shitkicker pro would massacre the best female players. Even a good male club player would challenge Serena Williams.

agreed.. I played many females in top 100 or any other ranking .. they are great at what they do but it's a different ballgame

funny how you never hear the same arguments in boxing or basketball or soccer for example.

Kim Clijsters former no 1 used to date Lleyton Hewitt. In practice she said she could barely win a game with a little luck....seldom.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2014, 11:30:33 PM »
True this. Men's and women's tennis are different sports.

When I was really into my tennis my old club was used as a training centre for the Aussie Fed Cup players (women's team tennis) and I got to be a hitting partner for an afternoon. I was good enough to play state level tournaments and win a few rounds but never better than that at my best, and I did a lot better hitting with the professional women than I ever thought I would.

The Williams sisters challenged Karsten Braasch at the Australian Open some years ago. He was then ranked #100 and known more for smoking cigarettes during changeovers than his tennis ability,and I think both Venus and Serena got 3 games in 2 sets between them.

And Braasch wasn't really exerting himself.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2014, 12:29:35 AM »
Wonder why people with zero clue about tennis or other racquet sports feel moved to show their lack of basic understanding to the group posting here. Unless it's done purely to provoke a 'rise' of some sort?

That'll make a bit more sense then.

Simple Simon

« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2014, 12:40:11 AM »

Agreed, but we are not talking about a good male tennis player, we are talking about Sev and Serena Williams.
Sev couldnt win a game against club players, let him post up his stats if hes brave enough, the only games I can find him playing he was lucky to hold his serve.
That was 13 years ago, hes going to be worse now.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2014, 02:53:13 AM »
This is how a getbigger should look like playing tennis.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2014, 03:27:11 AM »
I've always been quite sporty and played tennis occasionally in school since my school had a few concrete courts.
The problem with tennis in the UK is that it’s seen as a prestigious sport so it’s hard to get involved unless you have cash to spare.
I actually live near Wimbledon and some of the tennis clubs there are very pricy for full membership.
The success of Andy Murray has inspired more people are getting involved even though his popularity among English people is mixed. :D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2014, 03:42:42 AM »
I've always been quite sporty and played tennis occasionally in school since my school had a few concrete courts.
The problem with tennis in the UK is that it’s seen as a prestigious sport so it’s hard to get involved unless you have cash to spare.
I actually live near Wimbledon and some of the tennis clubs there are very pricy for full membership.
The success of Andy Murray has inspired more people are getting involved even though his popularity among English people is mixed. :D

at least andy isn't a spoiled little ass wank like tim henman

or a Canadian like greg rusedksi

Scotland for the win  8)
T

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2014, 04:05:03 AM »
at least andy isn't a spoiled little ass wank like tim henman

or a Canadian like greg rusedksi

Scotland for the win  8)

You Scottish mate?
I actually like Murray myself. Both as a player and person but I've met a few that dislike him due to the English/Scottish grievances and the comments he's made. :D
Henman was a nice guy but lacked that extra gear and mean streak required to go all the way.
Rudeski was never really good enough to win against the very best.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2014, 04:25:20 AM »
You Scottish mate?
I actually like Murray myself. Both as a player and person but I've met a few that dislike him due to the English/Scottish grievances and the comments he's made. :D
Henman was a nice guy but lacked that extra gear and mean streak required to go all the way.
Rudeski was never really good enough to win against the very best.

yes I am

andy is a very humble guy

I cant see why people wouldn't like him

henman used to do that camp little fist every time he won a point

it made me hate him
T

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2014, 04:44:39 AM »
yes I am

andy is a very humble guy

I cant see why people wouldn't like him

henman used to do that camp little fist every time he won a point

it made me hate him

Yeah, he is a cool guy. Laid back and never egotistical. The dislike stems back from 2006 after comments he made in jest:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8733373.stm

When Dunblane-born Andy Murray, now Britain's tennis number one, said that he would be supporting anyone other than England in the 2006 World Cup, he faced a furious backlash from English Wimbledon fans who wondered why they, in turn, should be expected to support him.
Scottish Murray insisted his remarks had been taken out of context, and had only been part of friendly banter with Tim Henman, his English predecessor at the summit of UK tennis.

;D

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2014, 07:05:46 AM »
Agreed, but we are not talking about a good male tennis player, we are talking about Sev and Serena Williams.
Sev couldnt win a game against club players, let him post up his stats if hes brave enough, the only games I can find him playing he was lucky to hold his serve.

yes.

(good to see not everybody has a reading comprehension problem.)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2014, 10:06:45 AM »
You idiot. Even old and beat up, completely out of shape I paired with a top 600 player against a pair or 800-1000 in the world and beat them easily. You think you can play with these guys if you are a hack? you are either desperate to get a raise out of me of completely clueless about sports in general. Stick to being butt hurt.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2014, 10:21:20 AM »
Sev, Serena Williams is currently playing in the Italian Open ... say she invited you down there to play her 2 out of 3 sets this weekend ... what do you think the score would be of your match?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2014, 10:24:53 AM »
Sev, Serena Williams is currently playing in the Italian Open ... say she invited you down there to play her 2 out of 3 sets this weekend ... what do you think the score would be of your match?
not sure .. if I train for 4 months and get back some rythm I could beat her no problem. You think she is great and she is...for a woman. Men's tennis is different.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2014, 10:26:34 AM »

Serena will give him a bigger match now than he might think, perhaps not with skill (very broadly speaking) or court intelligence, but with movement and fitness. We all remember a certain version of ourselves in our younger days which we find very hard to relive once you're passed 30. Playing badminton I once decimated a former world nr1 female singles player with very very little effort. If I had to play her again right now, I'll still kill her on power and strength but get murdered on movement and fitness. I'd lose on lack of movement alone, never mind fitness.

I would like to see Sev place Serena. Be very interesting to watch.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2014, 10:28:07 AM »

If I get some time today, I'll get this going.
Y

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2014, 10:29:10 AM »
im guessing the world number one bubble butted goddess

is going to struggle to fit a match with sev into her schedule
T

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2014, 10:30:16 AM »
Serena will give him a bigger match now than he might think, perhaps not with skill (very broadly speaking) or court intelligence, but with movement and fitness. We all remember a certain version of ourselves in our younger days which we find very hard to relive once you're passed 30. Playing badminton I once decimated a former world nr1 female singles player with very very little effort. If I had to play her again right now, I'll still kill her on power and strength but get murdered on movement and fitness. I'd lose on lack of movement alone, never mind fitness.

right now she is much fitter and consistent than me. I play serve and volley with big forehands full throttle. It's my style. So I have a "bad day" and she beats me. Or I play decent and win no problem. But I would train for this in proper tennis shape.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2014, 10:33:16 AM »

From a cold start and provided he moves well enough and have a decent level of fitness?

He'd lose the first set, and possibly win the next 2 once he gets back into rhythm. It's very rate that former good players lose all their skill, and what is lost, can also come back rather quickly. Bit like muscle memory.

Might be all wrong about this but this is how it would go in badminton which is probably also broadly applicable to tennis.

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2014, 10:46:08 AM »
This is the state of Getbig, the same 6 people go from thread to thread trying to "own" people.  ::) like anyone cares what a fat person thinks...LOL.

No surprise the board is slow as shit, and all the good people keep leaving.

I've been here since 2003, this place has been shit for at least 5 years, just the same bunch of guys making new users names every other week to troll with. All the pros got ran off by 2006 or so, been a steady downfall since then. Now it's just a bunch of kids and unemployed losers with 5  - 10 accounts trolling 24/7

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2014, 11:01:34 AM »
It's a great game for competitive people.

I remember once this asshole and myself were hurling abuse at each other most of the match, it was a quarter-final and it was tight. At one stage he was taking sooo long to get ready to receive serve to try and slow the game and I aced him and he said he wasn't ready yada yada yada. Next thing we're both walking up to the net and I throw my racket down and walk around and push him onto the ground and these 2 60 yr old lads come running on to break us up, lol. He said he was gonna "get me killed when I played in Cork next". We used to take it pretty fucking seriously!!

lol :D

Irish Dave sounds like a man who knows how to handle himself on the tennis court.