Author Topic: Prostate Cancer  (Read 21103 times)

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
Re: Prostate Cancer
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2012, 09:20:57 AM »
A person I know if is going with the seed implants rather than complete prostatectomy. He has a much younger partner with whom he got together only a few months before he was diagnosed, so he is keen to not be rendered impotent.

With seeds, you will buy some time before the Ol' sex drive is gone....complete prostatectomy, well, lets just say, "Not good"! 

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2012, 09:21:45 AM »
you're an inspiration bro.

Thanks man, thats a real encouragement.

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2012, 09:23:38 AM »
With seeds, you will buy some time before the Ol' sex drive is gone....complete prostatectomy, well, lets just say, "Not good"! 

Check my response when you have time bro. :D

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2012, 09:28:44 AM »
Started with terrible headaches, and double vision (no history of headaches) was in hosp for a week as they said my 'intercranial pressure was high' and my pulse dropped to 38bpm (lol). After that I got hot sensations all over my body like someone was holding a lighter near my hand/leg etc (have one now actually)

First I thought it was just linked to a migraine (apparently you can have these for months) and then some of my muscles would move on their own accord (tricep one looked pretty cool) and my fingers on left hand move side to side constantly.

Then I started limping after only walking a block or two, to a few weeks later both my legs practically go numb after I walk 1 mile or so and have to rest before heading back. Had MRI on brain but only showed 1 lesion, so had MRI on spine (as when I move my neck get electrical shock down spine and into feet - bad sign apparently) and thats when got diagnosis.

I got great wife and kids though so can't complain, and I am still working full time & squatting hard/training 4 times a week so I thank God for that  :)

Because the disease started in my spine, basically I could end up in a wheelchair in future but I'm not type of guy to hope for the worst - MS is just a tiny tit like the rest of those little shits and I will be damned if it stops me enjoying life to the max!

Damn man, I really do you wish all the best. I don't know much about MS but hopefully you'll have plenty time left to lead a happy/productive life.

That aside, I heard that now Pillowbiter saw this thread he immediately dressed up in pink cumstained latex and drove to the nearest Kenyan doctor and DEMANDED that they shove the biggest possible inanimate object up his prolapsed anus to check for "irregularities"!! The doctor instead suggested using his finger but before he could even get up from his chair Pillowbiter had already straddled the floor mounted air-conditioner!!!
from incomplete data

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2012, 09:45:24 AM »
I wish you the best with your recovery....  prostate cancer exists in my family history so I guess I have to be cautious as I get older.

Just out of curiosity did the doctor mention any precautionary measures you could've taken, aside from the test speeding it up are there any other causes?

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2012, 09:46:57 AM »
Sorry to hear that best wishes keep your head up
#

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2012, 10:06:10 AM »
Damn man, I really do you wish all the best. I don't know much about MS but hopefully you'll have plenty time left to lead a happy/productive life.

That aside, I heard that now Pillowbiter saw this thread he immediately dressed up in pink cumstained latex and drove to the nearest Kenyan doctor and DEMANDED that they shove the biggest possible inanimate object up his prolapsed anus to check for "irregularities"!! The doctor instead suggested using his finger but before he could even get up from his chair Pillowbiter had already straddled the floor mounted air-conditioner!!!
;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2012, 10:43:50 AM »
Started with terrible headaches, and double vision (no history of headaches) was in hosp for a week as they said my 'intercranial pressure was high' and my pulse dropped to 38bpm (lol). After that I got hot sensations all over my body like someone was holding a lighter near my hand/leg etc (have one now actually)

First I thought it was just linked to a migraine (apparently you can have these for months) and then some of my muscles would move on their own accord (tricep one looked pretty cool) and my fingers on left hand move side to side constantly.

Then I started limping after only walking a block or two, to a few weeks later both my legs practically go numb after I walk 1 mile or so and have to rest before heading back. Had MRI on brain but only showed 1 lesion, so had MRI on spine (as when I move my neck get electrical shock down spine and into feet - bad sign apparently) and thats when got diagnosis.

I got great wife and kids though so can't complain, and I am still working full time & squatting hard/training 4 times a week so I thank God for that  :)

Because the disease started in my spine, basically I could end up in a wheelchair in future but I'm not type of guy to hope for the worst - MS is just a tiny tit like the rest of those little shits and I will be damned if it stops me enjoying life to the max!

Thank you for this information!   

Was the limping due to pain and if so, where is the pain located?

Did you ever have what feels like an almost constant electrical shock (not painful) in your shoulder that comes and goes and can last for days?

Also, the muscles moving on their own accord..did that ever happen in your quads close to the knee?

Thanks for sharing and thanks to Dr. Ill for his posts here as well.
R

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2012, 10:55:22 AM »
praying for a quick recovery for you

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2012, 12:15:49 PM »
His age, stage, PSA, Gleason score all are factors in what his best choice is.

What I mean by time is this.  If he has his prostate removed, at that point, his sex drive will be gone.  He will no longer be able to take any hormones what so ever that can push his PSA up.  With seeds, again dependent on factors and his levels all ready, his drive will be affected but how much is the key?  Once diagnosed with this disease, there is no more test in these gentleman.  I have seen cases where men get pumps and such and keep going on like normal, then there are other cases where the men have no interest at all after their treatments, especially men that take Lupron and other testerone blockers.

I have not seen a case to where the gentleman did the seeds procedure and then had to have his prostate removed.  I have seen it return, but not very often.  Most men that are canidates for seeds, survival is in the 95% range for 5 years.

And my pleasure Butterbean, hope any info helps.   

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2012, 01:41:09 PM »
get well. should we really take saw palmetto? does it work?
X

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2012, 01:44:00 PM »
Quick recovery brother. And it wouldn't hurt to get yourself on an all Alkaline diet for good. Throw in some water and juice fasts in there and take what your doctor says with a grain of salt and do your own research. Half these doctors are out to kill us all.

exocet

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2012, 02:28:22 PM »
Primemuscle, I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I am positive that you can beat this though  :)!

Here is a link that may be beneficial to the other male posters. It concerns whey protein and how it MAY prevent prostate cancer.
http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20030529/whey-protein-may-prevent-prostate-cancer

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2012, 02:29:16 PM »
Thank you for this information!   

Was the limping due to pain and if so, where is the pain located?

Did you ever have what feels like an almost constant electrical shock (not painful) in your shoulder that comes and goes and can last for days?

Also, the muscles moving on their own accord..did that ever happen in your quads close to the knee?

Thanks for sharing and thanks to Dr. Ill for his posts here as well.

No worries dude, bit tied up at the mo but will PM you on Mon,

BigC

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2012, 02:35:11 PM »
What were the signs Primemuscle that made you suspicious in the first place?

wish you a full recovery

No symptoms really. Fortunately, because I have been on TRT for the better part of the last three years, my urologist has been monitoring my PSA (prostate specific antigen) numbers very closely. When the results showed the PSA climbing, we first thought it was because I'd both stopped taking Proscar and started TRT. Both of these things can change one's PSA, but then so can a raft of other things too.

Obviously, I have stopped the TRT. Testosterone may not cause prostate cancer but it supposedly can make it more aggressive if you already have it.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »
All joking aside, I consider Getbig a close knit community.  We come here to escape real life.  Prime, You will beat this, don't worry.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2012, 02:36:57 PM »
hard to piss

This has not been a problem for me, although my prostate is enlarged. I still pee like a horse according to my wife....now if I could just be hung like a horse all would be great! LOL.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2012, 02:38:55 PM »
You seem in good spirits Prime....stay positive bud,we are all hoping for the best.  :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2012, 02:45:41 PM »

are you implying there is a link between each of the one in six?
I manymore men die from prostate cancer than women from breast cancer. One of the main reasons for this is that women are more likely to check themselves and more likely to seek help earlier. It is also the case that particularly for men over 60 eostrogen treatment is often preferable to surgery.
With early diagnosis and treatment recovery and remission are higher than many other cancers.  
Good luck with your treatment god speed recovery

Nope. I was kind of making a joke about it. Not going to lose my good humor over some shitty cancer.

One of the reasons I decided to post this here is because men tend not to talk about these things much. As a result, like you said, many men are not proactive about their health and often prostate cancer goes undetected until it advanced into other areas making it harder to treat.

My doctor included chemical castration (estrogen) in the list of options for treating the cancer. This just doesn't seem like something I want to do. I am definitely not pretty enough to become a girl. LOL! Also, although I am 67 years old, I am otherwise very healthy. There is no reason to expect I wouldn't do well with surgery.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2012, 02:54:19 PM »
That is horrible news!!
Just when you were getting good gains & felling good in your skin because of the HRT, you have to have this happen.
I hate getting older, I wish I could have frozen the clock at 35.

What about GH??
Is that also like putting petrol on the fire if you have prostate cancer  ???

PT

I am not sure what the effects of GH would be on this type of cancer or any other cancer.

Yeah, getting old has its drawbacks that is for sure. But, it is unfortunately unavoidable. Everyone gets old unless they die young and that doesn't seem like a great option to me. My life is generally really good. I am not thinking about ending it anytime soon.

-Only stopped the testosterone shots a week ago. So far, I don't feel any different. Actually, my libido has improved some, which is unexpected. My muscles aren't shrinking away or anything yet.  ;)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2012, 02:57:33 PM »
Have you got a second and third opinion just to be sure?  Iatrogenesis is the third leading cause of death (although could be second or first even) in America.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2012, 02:58:23 PM »
Nope. I was kind of making a joke about it. Not going to lose my good humor over some shitty cancer.

One of the reasons I decided to post this here is because men tend not to talk about these things much. As a result, like you said, many men are not proactive about their health and often prostate cancer goes undetected until it advanced into other areas making it harder to treat.

My doctor included chemical castration (estrogen) in the list of options for treating the cancer. This just doesn't seem like something I want to do. I am definitely not pretty enough to become a girl. LOL! Also, although I am 67 years old, I am otherwise very healthy. There is no reason to expect I wouldn't do well with surgery.

Sad to learn you have it, glad to know you caught it as early as possible, considering. 

You're right that most men don't want to talk about this, and this is often fatal.  My father ignored the symptoms for years until he had mets to lungs, liver, and bone.  The lung mets developed to the point that he needed to be hospitalized and, whaddya know - diagnosed with stage IV PC!

Stay on top of it; educate yourself; keep your family involved; and keep us jackballs up to date.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2012, 03:06:05 PM »
Prime, 2 yrs ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had a sign that I ignored for almost 2 yrs. When I finally realized it was not what I thought it was (self diagnosis) I went and had a PSA. My PSA was PERFECT. The urologist then did a digital exam, I think he had a size 20 ring finger. He felt a mass on my prostate. They ran this big thing in my ass and it first had needles that came out and shot stuff into my prostate to deaden it, about 8 shots and I felt every one. Then this little claw thing comes out and it pulls out pieces of the prostate to look for cancer. It pulled 18 samples and I felt every one of them. Got the call about a week later. All samples had cancer. Everyone- keep in mind that 20% of prostate cancer diagnosis have perfect PSA test results.

In the surgery they went in from the front and totally removed my prostate. For those who don't know this your prostate creates semen and also holds back your piss. So I had a catheter for a month, then in diapers for another 3 months, then a "guard" like a pad for about 4-5 more months.

I had a healing complication as well. The 5" long incision blew open after I got home from getting the staples out and I had an opening above my cock that was 5" long, 1 1/2" wide, and 1' deep. My wife had to pack it 2x a day with sterile water and gauze. It was so fucking gross. First time I looked at it in the mirror I passed out. Two weeks after that I had surgery to close it again.
My urologist knows I juice. He said that the test did not cause the cancer, but he said it definitely speeded up the growth of it.

Good luck buddy and if you want to talk about it or anything please PM me. As you can tell I am not ashamed of it.

Great post! That's the thing, isn't it? Prostate cancer is nothing to be ashamed of.

At this point I have 90% made up my mind to have the Da Vinci prostatectomy. It is far less invasive than the radical prostatectomy that you had. Instead of a 5" incision, with this robotic surgery the doctor makes five tiny incisions just about big enough to allow a pencil to fit in. Apparently the robot's "fingers" are really small.

Are you still juicing? My doctor indicated to me that I should stay off TRT for a least a year following the surgery and only after a year of no cancer and no elevated PSA results could be talk about resuming TRT. Frankly depending on how crappy I feel not taking testosterone, I may just give it up anyway. After being off test for a week, I don't feel any different....yet.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »
Great post! That's the thing, isn't it? Prostate cancer is nothing to be ashamed of.

At this point I have 90% made up my mind to have the Da Vinci prostatectomy. It is far less invasive than the radical prostatectomy that you had. Instead of a 5" incision, with this robotic surgery the doctor makes five tiny incisions just about big enough to allow a pencil to fit in. Apparently the robot's "fingers" are really small.

Are you still juicing? My doctor indicated to me that I should stay off TRT for a least a year following the surgery and only after a year of no cancer and no elevated PSA results could be talk about resuming TRT. Frankly depending on how crappy I feel not taking testosterone, I may just give it up anyway. After being off test for a week, I don't feel any different....yet.
Have you also looked to reducing body fat to very low levels and caloric restriction to retard cancer cells?  Many new studies are promising regarding this approach.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2012, 03:12:18 PM »
This has not been a problem for me, although my prostate is enlarged. I still pee like a horse according to my wife....now if I could just be hung like a horse all would be great! LOL.

how much fluids would you say you drink each day?  do you wake up to pee more than once each night?

E
E