Author Topic: Prostate Cancer  (Read 21104 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Prostate Cancer
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2012, 03:13:16 PM »
how much fluids would you say you drink each day?  do you wake up to pee more than once each night?

E
just go get a check up Earl.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2012, 03:13:52 PM »
Did the doctor say whether constantly having penile tissue wedged up against your prostate inflamed it?

You know, he didn't mention that. But then, I've heard that massaging the prostate is actually good for it. Apparently there is some device you can get to do that. Personally, I can hardly take it when the doctor sticks his finger in my ass to check the prostate. -Can not imagine have anything bigger stuck up there.

As someone else mentioned, a prostate biopsy is pretty uncomfortable. I didn't actually look at the equipment the doctor uses to do that but I can guarantee you that it isn't fun.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2012, 03:19:29 PM »

Great post! That's the thing, isn't it? Prostate cancer is nothing to be ashamed of.

At this point I have 90% made up my mind to have the Da Vinci prostatectomy. It is far less invasive than the radical prostatectomy that you had. Instead of a 5" incision, with this robotic surgery the doctor makes five tiny incisions just about big enough to allow a pencil to fit in. Apparently the robot's "fingers" are really small.

Are you still juicing? My doctor indicated to me that I should stay off TRT for a least a year following the surgery and only after a year of no cancer and no elevated PSA results could be talk about resuming TRT. Frankly depending on how crappy I feel not taking testosterone, I may just give it up anyway. After being off test for a week, I don't feel any different....yet.

Yes I am back on test and also hgh. They have declared me cancer free after 2 years of blood work. My urologist is the one that gives me the script for the test cyp. I wish I could have had the robotic surgery but since my was so saturated with cancer there was no choice. I am not ashamed of it either, I beat it, it didn't beat me. I am one of the lucky ones and stil get harder than a rake handle. Yea no money shot comes out but the feeling of nutting is absolutely no different. And there is no mess to clean up. The bitch the whole time was controlling the piss. You should not have that problem. Definitley keep me posted and if you want talk about it let me know.  

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2012, 03:23:45 PM »
You know, he didn't mention that. But then, I've heard that massaging the prostate is actually good for it. Apparently there is some device you can get to do that. Personally, I can hardly take it when the doctor sticks his finger in my ass to check the prostate. -Can not imagine have anything bigger stuck up there.

As someone else mentioned, a prostate biopsy is pretty uncomfortable. I didn't actually look at the equipment the doctor uses to do that but I can guarantee you that it isn't fun.

1st hand I can tell you it is like a truck driving up your ass then shooting a machine gun in it. Here is what was used on me. Little needles and a claw that pulls out pieces to test comes out of this thing! Still freaks me out after a little over 2 years to look at this picture.

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2012, 03:40:38 PM »
feel better -you will beat this!
CROM!!

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2012, 03:42:53 PM »
sorry to hear this bro.  A highly treatable disease tho. Youre going to beat this, I have no doubt  :)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2012, 03:48:06 PM »
1st hand I can tell you it is like a truck driving up your ass then shooting a machine gun in it. Here is what was used on me. Little needles and a claw that pulls out pieces to test comes out of this thing! Still freaks me out after a little over 2 years to look at this picture.

lmao there's no way that's an off the walmart shelf condom on a piece of medical equipment worth a fortune. It looks ridiculous hahaha
from incomplete data

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2012, 03:50:36 PM »
My ass hurts reading this thread, good luck man

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2012, 03:51:01 PM »
lmao there's no way that's an off the walmart shelf condom on a piece of medical equipment worth a fortune. It looks ridiculous hahaha

No it is not a condom. It is just a plastic wrapper for it. Inside the wrapper there is about an inch of lube on that fucker. I felt like I had a pound of bubble gum in my ass for a week after they put that in there. I really have no clue how gays do that shit. I am still traumatized.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2012, 04:07:48 PM »
I wish you the best with your recovery....  prostate cancer exists in my family history so I guess I have to be cautious as I get older.

Just out of curiosity did the doctor mention any precautionary measures you could've taken, aside from the test speeding it up are there any other causes?

Having a prostate (being a guy) and age are the main causes of prostate cancer as best as anyone knows. There are some folk who believe diet can cause cancer, including prostate cancer. While many men end up with prostate cancer at some point in their lives, most men die of some other disease before they die from prostate cancer. However, one should not ignore regular check ups and the value of having their PSA checked.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2012, 04:16:14 PM »
Prime,

I wish you the very best!

You will get through this..

"1"

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2012, 04:18:40 PM »
how much fluids would you say you drink each day?  do you wake up to pee more than once each night?

E

I drink a lot of fluids every day. When I drink too much coffee or alcohol, I pee more often. It is rare that I get up during the night to pee and I always down two big glasses of water right before going to bed to avoid any dehydration overnight. As far as urinary problems the only issue I ever have is with a strong urge to go and not much ability to wait once I have the urge. I've pulled the car over to the side of the road and peed in the gutter on a couple of occasions.

The doctor thought that my strong urge to pee might be somehow related to my having an enlarged prostate. He didn't mention it having anything to do with my having prostate cancer.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2012, 04:25:59 PM »
Have you also looked to reducing body fat to very low levels and caloric restriction to retard cancer cells?  Many new studies are promising regarding this approach.

Frankly, I don't have much body fat to reduce. While I'm hardly skin and bones, I am also not at all fat. I could be more muscular though.  ;D

As for diet, I am not great about following strict diets where I would have to cut out the things I like to eat, such as cheese, butter, red meat, wine and the too occasional scotch. Life is too short in my book to give up the things you like to eat. If I had issues with being overweight, I'd simply cut back on the quantity of what I ate. As it is, I may eat rich foods but I am not necessarily a big eater. So far today all I've had to eat is a cup of Greek yogurt, a glass of orange juice and a Chai Latte and it is 4:30 p.m. Of course, I slept in until almost noon today so I have only been awake a little over 4 hours. I'm a night owl.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2012, 03:31:48 AM »
Thought I read that some docs were blaming estrogen for BPH and cancer.

My HRT doctor believed this too...his reasoning is that if testosterone caused prostate cancer,...It would be much more prevalent in younger men...however once it's there, testosterone stimulates it as it were.

Frank Zappa and Bill Bixby died of prostate cancer.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2012, 03:35:17 AM »
yeah i heard high estrogen levels or an imbalance of androgens to estrogen is the culprit.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2012, 05:43:21 AM »
I've been working with these guys and supporting them (My Mother is one of their volunteers too) after my Dad lost his 10 year battle with prostate cancer. They do a fantastic job and have amazing advice available too.

http://www.prostate-cancer.org.uk/

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2012, 06:14:04 AM »
I've been working with these guys and supporting them (My Mother is one of their volunteers too) after my Dad lost his 10 year battle with prostate cancer. They do a fantastic job and have amazing advice available too.

http://www.prostate-cancer.org.uk/

Thanks for the link Trev. I promote and work the Prostate cancer walks here in my town. We had a survivor picture taken last year and I was about 20-25 yrs younger than anyone else in the pciture.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2012, 08:37:08 AM »
No worries dude, bit tied up at the mo but will PM you on Mon,

BigC

Thanks broham  8)
R

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2012, 10:47:40 AM »
My HRT doctor believed this too...his reasoning is that if testosterone caused prostate cancer,...It would be much more prevalent in younger men...however once it's there, testosterone stimulates it as it were.

Frank Zappa and Bill Bixby died of prostate cancer.

The over whelming amount of information on prostate cancer is that there's a testosterone component.  They give anti testosterone drugs to many guys that have cancer or enlarged prostate.  The reason it doesn't happen in young men is because it's slow moving over a life time. The problem with prostate cancer is if it spreads. That's when it's deadly.

As I posted before, anabolic steroids were created because the straight testosterone Olympic lifters used caused prostate problems in high doses back in the late 50's.  The russians that had so much success using testosterone had to stop using it becaues they couldn't pee without being catherized.  That's why dianabol was created to increase the anabolic part and decrease the androgen factor.

meechz

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2012, 06:54:53 PM »
It should be noted that if you do have radiation therapy you cannot have surgery to remove your prostate, you'll be left with chemo or another form. When diagnosed you have surgery, radiation or chemo and of course watchful waiting as your choices.

Quite often there are no symptoms with the disease and more then likely when you do see symptoms your are in the advanced stages of the disease. Some things to watch out for are persistent kidney infections,blood in stool and urine. Just make sure you have your yearly DRE-Digital Rectal Exam aka finger wave. Quite often this is the only indication something is terribly wrong because you could have lumps on your prostate and still have perfect PSA reading.

For those of us that have had the biopsy done I feel your pain and also can chuckle now about the nurse standing behind me loading up the biopsy needles, hearing that fucking spring click thinking "this shit is gonna hurt a bit".......lol

And yes I know what I'm talking about, or my 39th bday 11 years ago I was told I had cancer in both sides of my prostate, best to all and fellas go get your prostate checked.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2012, 07:00:58 PM »
Your stats are a bit misleading prime.   The older you get, the chances become around 50% of men, it is directly proportional to age.

I would be careful to the watch and see approach as prostate generally spreads to bone first in which is an extremely painful disease.

Depending on your Gleason score and your PSA levels I would strongly suggest looking into radiotherpay seed inplants....it it a scary looking procedure but side effects and cure rate are great.

Please feel free to PM me any questions as this is what I do for a living, other than watching this site for entertainment!  

Got to admit, the older I get the more I worry about this. I'll be 50 in August. My Dr. said thats the time to start having check ups (PSA). Fortunately I have no cancer that runs in my family on either side so hopefully I have that in my favor.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2012, 07:05:31 PM »
It should be noted that if you do have radiation therapy you cannot have surgery to remove your prostate, you'll be left with chemo or another form. When diagnosed you have surgery, radiation or chemo and of course watchful waiting as your choices.

Quite often there are no symptoms with the disease and more then likely when you do see symptoms your are in the advanced stages of the disease. Some things to watch out for are persistent kidney infections,blood in stool and urine. Just make sure you have your yearly DRE-Digital Rectal Exam aka finger wave. Quite often this is the only indication something is terribly wrong because you could have lumps on your prostate and still have perfect PSA reading.

For those of us that have had the biopsy done I feel your pain and also can chuckle now about the nurse standing behind me loading up the biopsy needles, hearing that fucking spring click thinking "this shit is gonna hurt a bit".......lol

And yes I know what I'm talking about, or my 39th bday 11 years ago I was told I had cancer in both sides of my prostate, best to all and fellas go get your prostate checked.

Damn man, I thought I was young to get it at 51yrs old, 39 yrs old is young to get prostate cancer. And I agree with you telling everyone to get checked.REMEMBER, 20% of the men diagnosed with prostate cancer showed normal PSA levels. You need the digital exam.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2012, 11:52:22 PM »

Meechz,

Which option did you end up choosing to deal with your prostate cancer? Did you or do you suffer much in the way of the usual side effects?

I am fairly committed to having the Da Vinci prostatectomy, but I have had some well meaning advice from folk suggesting other options might be better.

Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not talk about this publicly.

Prime

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2012, 11:57:46 PM »
christ, sorry to hear this, prime.

its always hard to judge a persons mood when reading on forums.. but i must say, you sound very 'positive', all things considered! best of british to you.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2012, 12:55:32 AM »
Lots of good information in this thread, thanks and best wishes to all guys who are going through their health issues.