Author Topic: Mike Mentzer - Discussion  (Read 422321 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Mike Mentzer - Discussion
« Reply #1525 on: November 15, 2023, 12:56:48 AM »
Yates trained himself.

Oh yes you are with your no stop verbal diahorrea about
Mike / Dorian / HIT - we get you don't like them or HIT

Then shut up & move on.

Woof Woof Woof
Q

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1526 on: November 15, 2023, 12:57:56 AM »
Famous robots:

C-3PO
R2D2
RMJ11

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1527 on: November 15, 2023, 01:01:40 AM »

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1528 on: November 15, 2023, 01:02:19 AM »
Oh yes you are with your no stop verbal diahorrea about
Mike / Dorian / HIT - we get you don't like them or HIT

Then shut up & move on.

Woof Woof Woof

Getting to you am I? Then I shall continue,

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1529 on: November 15, 2023, 01:04:14 AM »
Aaron Baker doesn't train HIT. David Dearth and Roland Kickinger only used it for a brief period of time. DY trained to failure with reduced volume, but his workouts were an hour APIECE if not a bit more, not "less than one hour of training a week" bs

and Casey Viator? *snicker* yeah yeah, Arthur Jones and his experiment, right?

Hit clowns.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1530 on: November 15, 2023, 01:20:28 AM »
RMJ11 high school photograph

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1531 on: November 15, 2023, 01:23:40 AM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1532 on: November 15, 2023, 03:19:35 AM »
Nope. He went back to volume after finding that methzer's methods didn't work for him.

nope, he hit 254 with dyke then went back to volume and stayed at 250

read his account in heavy duty one chief

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #1533 on: November 15, 2023, 04:56:47 AM »
Mike Mentzer was the greatest and he scored a perfect 300 game in bowling.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #1534 on: November 15, 2023, 05:03:33 AM »
However Mike got his physique, it was one of the best of his day...

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #1535 on: November 15, 2023, 05:14:38 AM »
Famous robots:

C-3PO
R2D2
RMJ11

LOL. Very true.... In addition to a pathological,  terminator-esque, hatred of Ment(h)zer, RMJ11 is also the author of some of the most unimaginative retorts in GB history.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1536 on: November 15, 2023, 05:24:52 AM »
nope, he hit 254 with dyke then went back to volume and stayed at 250

read his account in heavy duty one chief

Nope. He did traditional methods to build up. Hit did nothing hence why he went back to volume.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1537 on: November 15, 2023, 05:25:55 AM »

A manlet. It's why he got beat so many times.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1538 on: November 15, 2023, 05:47:17 AM »
Nope. He did traditional methods to build up. Hit did nothing hence why he went back to volume.

read heavy duty one it says it all very clearly there

he came back to volume and he stayed the same size ie, went from 205 to 254 on HIT and then came back to volume and stayed 250ish FACT

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1539 on: November 15, 2023, 05:48:45 AM »
read heavy duty one it says it all very clearly there

he came back to volume and he stayed the same size ie, went from 205 to 254 on HIT and then came back to volume and stayed 250ish FACT

Heavy duty one is all lies. No top bodybuilder has ever used hit exclusively and built a great physique. Not one.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1540 on: November 15, 2023, 06:03:20 AM »
Heavy duty one is all lies. No top bodybuilder has ever used hit exclusively and built a great physique. Not one.

You have no clue what HIT even is. Yates trained one set to failure. Of course he used easy warm up sets as needed. No one could grab 415lbs as their first set of inclines. His workouts took 45 minutes on average.

I used a similar approach many times in my training and the workouts do take around 45 minutes and an hour for legs.

Having said that I have no problem with volume.  If you do something like 4 sets or 5 sets the the first sets are stopped well short of failure with maybe the last set being failure. We all know that it works. I find it a waste of time.

Here's an example of my yates lat routine. Pulldowns one set to failure with one sub maximal warm up set with a light weight. Seated cable rows one set to failure with one easy warm up set. One arm dumbbell rows one set to failure with no warm up sets. Narrow pulldowns one set to failure with no warm up sets. Granted someone a lot stronger than me will use more warm up sets. A submaximal warm up set is not a set. It's easy and the exertion is low. When Yates uses 135 for a set, then 225 for a set; then 315 for a set he is not exerting himself but conserving his energy for the big one set to failure. I can't believe some people can't grasp the concept. Those warm ups are not work sets.  Someone like Yates could have done maybe 315 for 15-20 reps in his warm up but he's stopping at 6 reps.   

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1541 on: November 15, 2023, 06:10:39 AM »
You have no clue what HIT even is. Yates trained one set to failure. Of course he used easy warm up sets as needed. No one could grab 415lbs as their first set of inclines. His workouts took 45 minutes on average.

I used a similar approach many times in my training and the workouts do take around 45 minutes and an hour for legs.

Having said that I have no problem with volume.  If you do something like 4 sets or 5 sets the the first sets are stopped well short of failure with maybe the last set being failure. We all know that it works. I find it a waste of time.

Here's an example of my yates lat routine. Pulldowns one set to failure with one sub maximal warm up set with a light weight. Seated cable rows one set to failure with one easy warm up set. One arm dumbbell rows one set to failure with no warm up sets. Narrow pulldowns one set to failure with no warm up sets. Granted someone a lot stronger than me will use more warm up sets. A submaximal warm up set is not a set. It's easy and the exertion is lowI c. When Yates uses 135 for a set, then 225 for a set; then 315 for a set he is not exerting himself but conserving his energy for the big one set to failure. I can't believe some people can't grasp the concept. Does warm ups are not work sets.  Someone like Yates could have done maybe 315 for 15-20 reps in his warm up but he's stopping at 6 reps.

You're wasting your time - Rimjob1001 is obsessed with Mike Mentzer
who Fucked his aunty & pistol whipped his Dad,
Rimjob1001 hates Mike & Hates Dorian

He doesn't have the mental capacity to understand what you wrote  ::)
he'll be back at you with They Lied - You're lying & you're all training
Volume approach.

wait & see.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1542 on: November 15, 2023, 06:28:30 AM »

Should have been Mr.O 76-82 (minus 80)  ;D

WoooSHHHHHHHHH

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1543 on: November 15, 2023, 11:53:09 AM »
I've been lifting for almost 50 years. Most of it has been low sets to failure. Now due to health issues and age I can no longer continue pounding out what for me is heavy weights. I'm actually going give volume a try. I will give a fair report on it. If I see if it has more value than the banging my head against the wall with low sets to failure routine I normally do.  Going to try for 12-16 sets a body part. Haven't done any volume since I was around 19 or so.

ziballz

• Getbig III
« Reply #1544 on: November 15, 2023, 01:30:45 PM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1545 on: November 15, 2023, 04:26:32 PM »
Presently, my understanding of the fundamental principles of the theory of high-intensity training is thorough and complete - not two plus two equals three-and-a-half, but two plus two equals four! Heretofore, I would only occasionally have clients gain 10 to 20 pounds in a month or 30 to 40 pounds in three to four months. Now such is no longer the exception , but the rule!
Mike Mentzer

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1546 on: November 15, 2023, 11:40:57 PM »
Presently, my understanding of the fundamental principles of the theory of high-intensity training is thorough and complete - not two plus two equals three-and-a-half, but two plus two equals four! Heretofore, I would only occasionally have clients gain 10 to 20 pounds in a month or 30 to 40 pounds in three to four months. Now such is no longer the exception , but the rule!
Mike Mentzer

😂😂😂😂😂 meth head and his bogus claims. He could never back them up.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1547 on: November 16, 2023, 01:16:10 AM »

Here's an example of my yates lat routine. Pulldowns one set to failure with one sub maximal warm up set with a light weight. Seated cable rows one set to failure with one easy warm up set. One arm dumbbell rows one set to failure with no warm up sets. Narrow pulldowns one set to failure with no warm up sets. Granted someone a lot stronger than me will use more warm up sets. A submaximal warm up set is not a set. It's easy and the exertion is low. When Yates uses 135 for a set, then 225 for a set; then 315 for a set he is not exerting himself but conserving his energy for the big one set to failure. I can't believe some people can't grasp the concept. Those warm ups are not work sets.  Someone like Yates could have done maybe 315 for 15-20 reps in his warm up but he's stopping at 6 reps.

"You have no clue what HIT even is."

But I do.

HIT is exercise PHILOSOPHY. There is really no science behind it at all. Arthur Jones original ideas were simple reasoning. methtzer was no scientist.

"Yates trained one set to failure. Of course he used easy warm up sets as needed. No one could grab 415lbs as their first set of inclines. His workouts took 45 minutes on average."

Ah this old chestnut. Yates, in his first decade of training did more volume to build up. After build up sets he'd do 2 to 3 work sets. And his workouts took a longer than 45 minutes. Once he had accumulated the mass he needed he cut back on the volume go maintain the mass he had already built with higher volume.

Let's not forget that Yates, by the time he was olympia champion, was on literally a bucketful of juice which also helped to maintain the mass while doing less. methzer did the same thing. Took more drugs while doing less. Problem is, if you look at pics of Yates and methzer towards the end of their competitive careers both of their physiques began to deteriorate due to doing less volume. A lot gets taken out of context when it comes to methzer and Yates. They did not use HIT exclusively to build their physiques.

No top bodybuilder has ever used hit exclusively from day 1 and built a top level physique.

"I used a similar approach many times in my training and the workouts do take around 45 minutes and an hour for legs."

And maintained more than build.

"Having said that I have no problem with volume.  If you do something like 4 sets or 5 sets the the first sets are stopped well short of failure with maybe the last set being failure. We all know that it works. I find it a waste of time."

It works but is a waste of time? Not really. A high volume workout can be done in an hour also.

"Here's an example of my yates lat routine. Pulldowns one set to failure with one sub maximal warm up set with a light weight. Seated cable rows one set to failure with one easy warm up set. One arm dumbbell rows one set to failure with no warm up sets. Narrow pulldowns one set to failure with no warm up sets. Granted someone a lot stronger than me will use more warm up sets. A submaximal warm up set is not a set. It's easy and the exertion is low. When Yates uses 135 for a set, then 225 for a set; then 315 for a set he is not exerting himself but conserving his energy for the big one set to failure."

Wrong. He did conventional pyramid training. That's all that is. Dorian Yates was making this thing up. If you actually watch him train that, just say he was doing two or three sets for this body part, he would not count the previous sets he was doing.

With these sets he was not going to failure so he did not count those sets. Other bodybuilders trained in the same many but would count all the sets, even if they don't go to failure. And in a lot of cases they don't go to failure in each set.

"I can't believe some people can't grasp the concept. "

Its a flawed concept.

"Those warm ups are not work sets."

Wrong. 315 on the Incline press which Yates did is not a warm up. There's load and tension to consider. Again, if you actually scrutinise Yates way of training he's actually using quite a bit of weight on the set before his last set. Just because he didn't go to failure doesn't mean his muscles wasn't working hard. Real intensity is measured by load, not high effort. Besides he had Leeroy spottingbhim on that 315 set, if it was a mere "warm up" then Yates wouldn't need leeroy to spot him.  Yates uses the set before last to pre-exhaust the muscle so it's hardly a warm up set.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1548 on: November 16, 2023, 01:18:02 AM »
What hit guys think they look like

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1549 on: November 16, 2023, 01:18:57 AM »
What hit guys actually look like