Author Topic: Any of you ever gone homeless before?  (Read 20518 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Re: Any of you ever gone homeless before?
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2010, 01:59:14 AM »
What book did you read recently that made this all sound so cool? I spent 3 days on the Rubicon jeeping with some friends, it was barely 45 during the day, low teens at night, raining and cold the entire time. I can say with complete honesty it was a great experience but one that I would NOT do long term. Not having a shower or anything to keep you warm, impossible to stay dry- just being cold and wet that long was just awful. Unless you are some kind of hardened special forces ninja I highly highly highly doubt your story was anything like this. More like, you spent a week slowly driving up the coast and checked out some of the smaller towns, explored the small roads that go nowhere etc. You forget, I live in San Jose, have lived on the west coast my whole life. I have family in Oregon. You living out in the open in california? Maybe. On the outskirts of a major city possibly. In some very very harsh terrain in the freezing cold and wet? No fucking way. And bro, there are NOT thousands of hippies doing the same thing. I hate to break it to you, but almost all of the land not within city limits is owned by the state and patrolled by troopers. You might stay out there a day or two but you're bound to run into a trooper at some point and telling him you are "finding yourself' or whatever bullshit isn't going to work. For sure you will be fined and possibly arrested. They have designated campsites for a reason. Your story is a little entertaining but reeks of ignorance. Sorry bud.

big14

• Getbig III
  • Big muscles are so cool
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2010, 02:40:01 AM »
One getbigger: Medford was homeless before.

I tried to ask for details but she will not tell.
B

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2010, 03:42:57 AM »
Working hard is for chumps.

I've spent way too many years working hard. I'm done with that bullshit.

I'm making good money now though and I finished college, so i'd say i'm successful.

But I just don't think financial success is all that important. The wealth of the soul is better.
Good post Ship.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2010, 03:55:11 AM »
What book did you read recently that made this all sound so cool? I spent 3 days on the Rubicon jeeping with some friends, it was barely 45 during the day, low teens at night, raining and cold the entire time. I can say with complete honesty it was a great experience but one that I would NOT do long term. Not having a shower or anything to keep you warm, impossible to stay dry- just being cold and wet that long was just awful. Unless you are some kind of hardened special forces ninja I highly highly highly doubt your story was anything like this. More like, you spent a week slowly driving up the coast and checked out some of the smaller towns, explored the small roads that go nowhere etc. You forget, I live in San Jose, have lived on the west coast my whole life. I have family in Oregon. You living out in the open in california? Maybe. On the outskirts of a major city possibly. In some very very harsh terrain in the freezing cold and wet? No fucking way. And bro, there are NOT thousands of hippies doing the same thing. I hate to break it to you, but almost all of the land not within city limits is owned by the state and patrolled by troopers. You might stay out there a day or two but you're bound to run into a trooper at some point and telling him you are "finding yourself' or whatever bullshit isn't going to work. For sure you will be fined and possibly arrested. They have designated campsites for a reason. Your story is a little entertaining but reeks of ignorance. Sorry bud.

You're just a fucking pussy. Straight up. And you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. You sound like a dumbass who thinks he knows it all but is just talking on shit he's never seen first hand.

Yeah, the cold and wetness and all that is uncomfortable, but if you have the right water proof gear and do everything the right way, it is really not too bad at all.

People have been living the nomad life since the beginning of time. Now your stupid spoiled ass is trying to say it's impossible.....

I'll be glad to tell you anything about the experience you wanna hear. But don't come at me saying it isn't real. Maybe you're too much of a pusssy to do something like that but not all of us are.

And i'm not talking about San Jose. I'm talking abour far northern cali, like Eureka, Willits, Fort Bragg, Mount Shasta, Redding, places like that. Out there you can just live in the woods and nobody will find you if you move your shit every day.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2010, 03:57:42 AM »
Bollox complete and utter bollox you were not homeless, you may choose to be houseless, but homeless means so much more than just making the decission to live life like a beachbum.

I was homeless for 3 month of my life and when I mean homeless I don't mean like you which is of course fun when you have a bankaccount that isn't empty ::) - I was homeless no food  no place to stay no money, nothing ok?
And you are the biggest douchbag if you think it is fun, so let me pop that bubble over your head so I can make you come back to reality, its extremly degrading and unbelievable hurtful, it is not fun and nobody in his right mind would choose to live like that.

Your homeless experience was degrading because you had self-pity.

Without self-pity, there is absolutely nothing degrading about it.

People choose to live that way for spiritual reasons. But if you do not have any spiritual reasons for living that way, I can can see that it might be a bit hellish.

But it's all in how you look at it.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2010, 04:10:43 AM »
At first I had a van and was sleeping in that.

After a few months I ditched the van and just carried a tent. I was spending most of my time traveling in the forests of northern Cali, Washington and Oregon, so it was just kind of like a camping trip everyday. I tried to avoid the cities, but I did stay in Portland and San Francisco for a while.

Eating is no problem. If you are an intellingent homeless person you can find jobs to work or otherwise figure out ways to get food and money. I did some odd jobs and made crafts and sold them and stuff like that.
Completely madeup bullshit story if I ever heard one.

LIAR!!!!

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2010, 04:17:47 AM »

LIAR!!!!

Why?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2010, 04:23:07 AM »

LIAR!!!!
Agree!!!

Burrows: Good morning, sir.
John L. Sullivan: How do you like my outfit?
Burrows: I don't like it at all, sir. Fancy dress, I take it?
John L. Sullivan: What's the matter with it?
Burrows: I have never been sympathetic to the caricaturing of the poor and needy, sir.
John L. Sullivan: Who's caricaturing?
John L. Sullivan: I'm going out on the road to find out what it's like to be poor and needy and then I'm going to make a picture about it.
Burrows: If you'll permit me to say so, sir, the subject is not an interesting one. The poor know all about poverty and only the morbid rich would find the topic glamorous.
John L. Sullivan: But I'm doing it for the poor. Don't you understand?
Burrows: I doubt if they would appreciate it, sir. They rather resent the invasion of their privacy, I believe quite properly, sir. Also, such excursions can be extremely dangerous, sir. I worked for a gentleman once who likewise, with two friends, accoutered themselves as you have, sir, and then went out for a lark. They have not been heard from since.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2010, 04:23:10 AM »
Because it`s a bullshit story plain and simple.

If you were really homeless,youy`d find it`s no picnic.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2010, 04:28:13 AM »
 I guess a bodybuilding forum full of Americans is not the right place to discuss going homeless for spiritual purposes. Yall just don't get it at all. Your loss.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2010, 04:34:22 AM »
Agree!!!

Burrows: Good morning, sir.
John L. Sullivan: How do you like my outfit?
Burrows: I don't like it at all, sir. Fancy dress, I take it?
John L. Sullivan: What's the matter with it?
Burrows: I have never been sympathetic to the caricaturing of the poor and needy, sir.
John L. Sullivan: Who's caricaturing?
John L. Sullivan: I'm going out on the road to find out what it's like to be poor and needy and then I'm going to make a picture about it.
Burrows: If you'll permit me to say so, sir, the subject is not an interesting one. The poor know all about poverty and only the morbid rich would find the topic glamorous.
John L. Sullivan: But I'm doing it for the poor. Don't you understand?
Burrows: I doubt if they would appreciate it, sir. They rather resent the invasion of their privacy, I believe quite properly, sir. Also, such excursions can be extremely dangerous, sir. I worked for a gentleman once who likewise, with two friends, accoutered themselves as you have, sir, and then went out for a lark. They have not been heard from since.

Homeless culture is different everywhere.

In Oregon and Northern Cali where I did it. Most of the homeless people had a spiritual, mystical hippies thing going on.

In lots of other places, like Arizona and New Mexico, or SoCal, it's just more rough, mean and hardcore.

Then go to other countries and it's radically different in every place you go.

Homeless culture is very complex. You all are acting like you've got it all figured out though. Very closed-minded views i'm seeing here.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2010, 04:36:22 AM »
OK Kwai Shang Caine !!  :)

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2010, 04:45:06 AM »
OK Kwai Shang Caine !!  :)

You thong and oil queer.

Go stick your oiley dick up your boyfriend's asshole.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2010, 05:03:33 AM »
So with the said homeless state, the people for that have been there. Question whats the longest time you went without a shower or bath just curious.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2010, 05:05:18 AM »
I heard homeless people make their own cheese.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2010, 05:30:13 AM »
found a recent pic off SS

His main diet right now is wild boars

This is where he lives:

::) ::) ::) ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2010, 05:39:02 AM »
I can't believe people keep feeding AXA's ego like this.  :-\

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2010, 05:54:41 AM »
So with the said homeless state, the people for that have been there. Question whats the longest time you went without a shower or bath just curious.

7 days. Normally every 2 0r 3 though.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2010, 05:55:19 AM »
I can't believe people keep feeding AXA's ego like this.  :-\

I'm not that guy.

I've seen his old posts and I know who you're talking about. That's not me.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2010, 05:57:19 AM »
So if you have no facilities and are homeless how is this achieved just curious. Maybe just washing your ass and underarms at a gas station something like that?

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2010, 06:04:38 AM »
So if you have no facilities and are homeless how is this achieved just curious. Maybe just washing your ass and underarms at a gas station something like that?

Usually i'd sneak into the showers on university or community colleges campuses.

In fact, that's one thing I tended to do a lot was stay close to college campuses, they have a lot of resources.

Sometimes I would find showers by the beach. And if none of that it available i'd just do a bucket wash.

Sometimes I bathed in a river or ocean too, but that shit was cold so I wasn't too into it. Some people did it all the time though in the icy water.

Sometimes I would just get naked in the rain.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2010, 06:16:19 AM »

You mean every 2 or 3 when you were a vagrant or do you mean you only bathe every 2 or 3 days now?

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2010, 06:18:15 AM »
You mean every 2 or 3 when you were a vagrant or do you mean you only bathe every 2 or 3 days now?

When I was homeless.

Now I usually do it twice per day.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2010, 06:18:44 AM »
Usually i'd sneak into the showers on university or community colleges campuses.

In fact, that's one thing I tended to do a lot was stay close to college campuses, they have a lot of resources.

Sometimes I would find showers by the beach. And if none of that it available i'd just do a bucket wash.

Sometimes I bathed in a river or ocean too, but that shit was cold so I wasn't too into it. Some people did it all the time though in the icy water.

Sometimes I would just get naked in the rain.
Good information.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2010, 06:30:05 AM »
When I was homeless.

Now I usually do it twice per day.

Whew!  I was gonna say!