Author Topic: Any of you ever gone homeless before?  (Read 20514 times)

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Any of you ever gone homeless before?
« on: June 03, 2010, 05:57:42 PM »
 I was once homeless for 6 months. It was by choice. I didn't go broke or have anything terrible happen to me, I just chose to be homeless to see what the life was like, to have adventure, and to shake things up from the boring and dull life I was living.

It goes down as the most interesting, exciting, fun and memorable time in my life. I plan on working for a couple more years, then i'm gonna return to that lifestyle.

Any of you ever done it before?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Any of you ever gone homeless before?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 06:07:19 PM »
I was once homeless for 6 months. It was by choice. I didn't go broke or have anything terrible happen to me, I just chose to be homeless to see what the life was like, to have adventure, and to shake things up from the boring and dull life I was living.

It goes down as the most interesting, exciting, fun and memorable time in my life. I plan on working for a couple more years, then i'm gonna return to that lifestyle.

Interesting.  I have heard this from people that just said "fucking let it all go" they said the same as you its getting away from constraints of society that gives you the pleasure. Now my problem would be what would I eat, where would I sleep?

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 06:08:33 PM »

you are like the dali llama ship, very intelligent and a humanitarian like monk or something like jesus.

TEAM Nasser

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 06:09:26 PM »
I've gone without underwear

for several days
U

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 06:11:06 PM »
Lived out of my car for two months while I had to get back on my feet. Was rough. I wouldn't do it again, but it was a good experience overall I would say.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 06:11:58 PM »
Interesting.  I have heard this from people that just said "fucking let it all go" they said the same as you its getting away from constraints of society that gives you the pleasure. Now my problem would be what would I eat, where would I sleep?

At first I had a van and was sleeping in that.

After a few months I ditched the van and just carried a tent. I was spending most of my time traveling in the forests of northern Cali, Washington and Oregon, so it was just kind of like a camping trip everyday. I tried to avoid the cities, but I did stay in Portland and San Francisco for a while.

Eating is no problem. If you are an intellingent homeless person you can find jobs to work or otherwise figure out ways to get food and money. I did some odd jobs and made crafts and sold them and stuff like that.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 06:12:20 PM »
yeah....but i didn't go homeless....i just volunteered for PMC duty and didn't tell any friends or family where i was for almost a year ;D

bench

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 06:13:36 PM »
you are like the dali llama ship, very intelligent and a humanitarian like monk or something like jesus.

I don't know about that.

Lately i've been living in the big city, working a professional job, in the rat race, and I feel like an asshole.

Two more years of money making and I can get away from this BS again and be free.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 06:14:58 PM »
Fly high..... free bird
U

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 06:16:28 PM »
I don't know about that.

Lately i've been living in the big city, working a professional job, in the rat race, and I feel like an asshole.

Two more years of money making and I can get away from this BS again and be free.

well your on your way to christ like status for sure, you should write the 3rd testament of the bible.
TEAM Nasser

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 06:23:16 PM »
ship as a baby
TEAM Nasser

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 06:23:49 PM »
well your on your way to christ like status for sure, you should write the 3rd testament of the bible.

i already did...

bench

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 06:25:59 PM »
 Or I can just start up a cult.

Wait, that's basically what Christianity is. A cult that grew way, way, way too big.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 06:32:32 PM »

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 06:35:23 PM »

'fatpanda' has.

ask him.
b

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 06:35:46 PM »
I crashed for free in a trailer park for a year or so during college.  Was a good move, looking back.  Nothing was more fun than walking around with a crew of armed old vets kicking out illegals and homeless riffraff who made there way into our park.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 06:37:33 PM »
At first I had a van and was sleeping in that.

After a few months I ditched the van and just carried a tent. I was spending most of my time traveling in the forests of northern Cali, Washington and Oregon, so it was just kind of like a camping trip everyday. I tried to avoid the cities, but I did stay in Portland and San Francisco for a while.

Eating is no problem. If you are an intellingent homeless person you can find jobs to work or otherwise figure out ways to get food and money. I did some odd jobs and made crafts and sold them and stuff like that.
Yep understood I would like to do this but to let all go is a challenging experience the unknown is thing most of us are afraid of.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 06:42:17 PM »
I crashed for free in a trailer park for a year or so during college.  Was a good move, looking back.  Nothing was more fun than walking around with a crew of armed old vets kicking out illegals and homeless riffraff who made there way into our park.

I'm talking about being truely homeless.

For me, I was living in a van for 3 months. I'd drive to different spots, park the van and sleep in it. Usually stay in each town for 3-6 days then drive on the the next town. I slowly made my way from San Francisco to Seattle like that.

I sold the van in Seattle because the transmission was fucked up. And then I was just 100% homeless. Walking around with the big backpack, hitchhiking sometimes, hooking up with crazy hippies and crust punks and getting rides with them, etc.

For a while I was living in the deep forests of Oregon and was basically living like a tribesman. It was just awesome. I didn't miss any of the material comforts I left behind.

I told my family that I moved to Portland Or, and got a job out there. Because if I told them I was wandering around homeless they might not appreciate it to much.

I miss it. After getting back into the rat race again. I miss it a lot.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 06:43:58 PM »
Yep understood I would like to do this but to let all go is a challenging experience the unknown is thing most of us are afraid of.

Start off small. Try doing it for just one weekend or maybe 4 or 5 days. Load up your backpack just like you would if you were homeless, and do everything just like you would if you were homeless. Just get a taste of it and see how it feels.

That's what I did, and I liked it, so I went bigger.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 06:48:39 PM »
Today there was a homeless chick with a sign walk down the street. My mom ask me if I had any money. I said all I have is a 20. She snatch it and give it To the homeless chick.  :-\
A

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 06:53:29 PM »
Jeremiah Johnson

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 06:53:40 PM »
Today there was a homeless chick with a sign walk down the street. My mom ask me if I had any money. I said all I have is a 20. She snatch it and give it To the homeless chick.  :-\

A 20?

Being homeless in the USA is so easy. People will give you more money than a job will pay.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 07:02:51 PM »
Start off small. Try doing it for just one weekend or maybe 4 or 5 days. Load up your backpack just like you would if you were homeless, and do everything just like you would if you were homeless. Just get a taste of it and see how it feels.

That's what I did, and I liked it, so I went bigger.
Good idea thanks Ship

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 07:07:08 PM »
I'm talking about being truely homeless.

For me, I was living in a van for 3 months. I'd drive to different spots, park the van and sleep in it. Usually stay in each town for 3-6 days then drive on the the next town. I slowly made my way from San Francisco to Seattle like that.

I sold the van in Seattle because the transmission was fucked up. And then I was just 100% homeless. Walking around with the big backpack, hitchhiking sometimes, hooking up with crazy hippies and crust punks and getting rides with them, etc.

For a while I was living in the deep forests of Oregon and was basically living like a tribesman. It was just awesome. I didn't miss any of the material comforts I left behind.

I told my family that I moved to Portland Or, and got a job out there. Because if I told them I was wandering around homeless they might not appreciate it to much.

I miss it. After getting back into the rat race again. I miss it a lot.

I do not believe your story one bit.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 07:09:46 PM »
I do not believe your story one bit.

Why not?