Author Topic: Jose Canseco - Workout  (Read 15510 times)

VikingArthur

• Getbig II
Re: Jose Canseco - Workout
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 07:45:21 PM »
Is someone really trying to say that Jose Canseco is a better player than Lou Gehrig? I hope they are not serious. Canseco was a mediocre player at his best. Go look at his OPS...oh that's right you Canseco fans don't know what OPS is. He was an average player who hit a few home runs.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 07:49:31 PM »
Canseco could hit the ball further than Bonds (HR king)
In fact I think Jose was the first to hit a 500 feet HR (I think) and also had the record of hitting the longest HRs in alot of ball parks (no a big deal but still fun to watch)

and could run the 100 meters faster than Ricky Henderson (stolen base king)Jose being 6'4" 240 pounds and Rick being about 5'10" dont know his body weight

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »
Is someone really trying to say that Jose Canseco is a better player than Lou Gehrig? I hope they are not serious. Canseco was a mediocre player at his best. Go look at his OPS...oh that's right you Canseco fans don't know what OPS is. He was an average player who hit a few home runs.

Cant compare..... Lou played when there was about 12 teams,only white players were allowed to play most of them with jobs outside baseball,and nobody threw over 80 mph,and  just curves and fast ball (piece of cake by today's AAA standars).......dont get me wrong i have the greatest admiration for the legend.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 10:05:36 PM »
In fact I think Jose was the first to hit a 500 feet HR (I think) and also had the record of hitting the longest HRs in alot of ball parks (no a big deal but still fun to watch)

and could run the 100 meters faster than Ricky Henderson (stolen base king)Jose being 6'4" 240 pounds and Rick being about 5'10" dont know his body weight

Yes, chimps was trying to state that gehrig was the best of all time clearly Jose was better and faster all that said it was a different era. I know Jose did steroids but fuck it he was good ...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2009, 10:23:33 PM »

Gehrig never stold a base in his life...only thing he stold was drimks from Babe Ruth's liquor cabinet

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2009, 02:17:08 AM »

6-Player to hit 400 HR in fewer turns at bat.
7-Second player in the 200-200 club.
]

These 2 "facts" are not correct. Mark McGwire hit 400hrs in the fewest at bats, less than 4800.  Also Willie Mays and Bobby Bonds ( Barry's father ) are both lifetime 300-300 members who were both retired before Canseco's rookie year. Plus, Andre Dawson, Reggie Jackson, Joe Morgan, Vida Pinson and Don Baylor were all 200-200 members before Canseco made the majors, and Andre Dawson hit that mark during Canseco's second year. There are probably a few more players who reached that level before Canseco that I can't think of. So at least these 2 facts are way off.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2009, 04:23:58 AM »
        These 2 "facts" are not correct. Mark McGwire hit 400hrs in the fewest at bats, less than 4800.  Also Willie Mays and Bobby Bonds ( Barry's father ) are both lifetime 300-300 members who were both retired before Canseco's rookie year. Plus, Andre Dawson, Reggie Jackson, Joe Morgan, Vida Pinson and Don Baylor were all 200-200 members before Canseco made the majors, and Andre Dawson hit that mark during Canseco's second year. There are probably a few more players who reached that level before Canseco that I can't think of. So at least these 2 facts are way off.
Good information I forgot Mark he was a roid user too right? Do you know anything about Canseco's workouts or roid cycles?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2009, 05:07:17 AM »
 ;)

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2009, 09:27:33 AM »

I meant to say 2nd player while active in 200 200 club only him and Bonds!  and he was playing in the most productive era of baseball history, he was forced to retirement even was sent to prison at age 37 to try to get a contract with LA Dodgers ...Finished done and humiliated not saying he was the greatest but look at the numbers guys like Bonds and Clement acomplished after age 37, Its like telling manny Ramirez 37,  to quit right now.

Like it or not Canseco was the break through super athlete in MLB.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2009, 09:33:15 AM »
Pujols FTW.
As empty as paradise

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2009, 11:07:31 AM »
Cant compare..... Lou played when there was about 12 teams,only white players were allowed to play most of them with jobs outside baseball,and nobody threw over 80 mph,and  just curves and fast ball (piece of cake by today's AAA standars).......dont get me wrong i have the greatest admiration for the legend.

There were 16 teams, almost 50% less than now, so the fact that only white players is balanced out.  Today there are a lot of Hispanic and some Black and Asian players, but twice as many teams, so the overall quality is the same.

Today, there are not enough good pitchers for all the jobs in the majors. Back when Lou Gerhig played, only 4 man rotations, sometimes 3, and most pitchers completed games. So you faced the cream of the crop all the time. There were no speciality closers, but hitters didn't get the advantage of facing middle relief pitchers that shouldn't be in the majors like today.

And Bob Feller was proven on film to throw 100mph.  Plenty of hitters faced Walter Johnson and Feller in their career. And said that Walter threw just as hard as Feller. So there were pitchers who threw 80mph, 90mph and 100mph during Ruth and gerhig's days. Plus you had to face these good pitchers for all 4 or 5 at bats in a game. There are probably more hard throwes in todays game, but they are all babied and put on pitch counts by their agents, and only pitch once a week.  Hitters back then also didn't have the benefit of video training, let alone ped's.

Plus, skuffing the ball and puting foreign substances on it were common, and not enforced back then. Balls were used until they were lost and not as lively to begin with. And ball parks were much bigger back then too.  Everything is relative. If you dominated an era, with everything being equal for the rest of the players, then you were great.  Gehrig was not the all around athlete that Canseco was. But if Lou would have been born in the mid 60's like Jose, and used everything he did, Canseco couldn't hold his Gerhig's jock as a Major Leaguer !

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2009, 12:15:24 PM »
I meant to say 2nd player while active in 200 200 club only him and Bonds!  and he was playing in the most productive era of baseball history, he was forced to retirement even was sent to prison at age 37 to try to get a contract with LA Dodgers ...Finished done and humiliated not saying he was the greatest but look at the numbers guys like Bonds and Clement acomplished after age 37, Its like telling manny Ramirez 37,  to quit right now.

Like it or not Canseco was the break through super athlete in MLB.
Yes excellent this stuff is what I have been trying to through to Chimps but he will not believe it....

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2009, 12:18:14 PM »
      There were 16 teams, almost 50% less than now, so the fact that only white players is balanced out.  Today there are a lot of Hispanic and some Black and Asian players, but twice as many teams, so the overall quality is the same.

Today, there are not enough good pitchers for all the jobs in the majors. Back when Lou Gerhig played, only 4 man rotations, sometimes 3, and most pitchers completed games. So you faced the cream of the crop all the time. There were no speciality closers, but hitters didn't get the advantage of facing middle relief pitchers that shouldn't be in the majors like today.

And Bob Feller was proven on film to throw 100mph.  Plenty of hitters faced Walter Johnson and Feller in their career. And said that Walter threw just as hard as Feller. So there were pitchers who threw 80mph, 90mph and 100mph during Ruth and gerhig's days. Plus you had to face these good pitchers for all 4 or 5 at bats in a game. There are probably more hard throwes in todays game, but they are all babied and put on pitch counts by their agents, and only pitch once a week.  Hitters back then also didn't have the benefit of video training, let alone ped's.

Plus, skuffing the ball and puting foreign substances on it were common, and not enforced back then. Balls were used until they were lost and not as lively to begin with. And ball parks were much bigger back then too.  Everything is relative. If you dominated an era, with everything being equal for the rest of the players, then you were great.  Gehrig was not the all around athlete that Canseco was. But if Lou would have been born in the mid 60's like Jose, and used everything he did, Canseco couldn't hold his Gerhig's jock as a Major Leaguer !
Damn nice history on baseball ....so in summary if Gerhig was around when Canseco was would they be equal?