Author Topic: training with a vampire {anti-aging].  (Read 1548 times)

pigbuild

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: training with a vampire {anti-aging].
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2023, 12:48:27 PM »
It's funny, because I have a very strange theory, the theory that NO ONE truly fears death, in fact, everyone deep inside just wants to die
everybody is a tough guy until the moment is there

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2023, 12:54:54 PM »
everybody is a tough guy until the moment is there

if you dont die of an accident then when your time does come you will welcome it

A friend of mine just spent the last two months in a hospice shitting himself before he passed.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2023, 12:17:52 AM »
if you dont die of an accident then when your time does come you will welcome it

A friend of mine just spent the last two months in a hospice shitting himself before he passed.
Yeah, most people fear the suffering more than death. People also fear being broke as an old person more than death.

pigbuild

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2023, 02:03:18 AM »
Yeah, most people fear the suffering more than death. People also fear being broke as an old person more than death.
we also know that most people are weak and choose always the easy way out so that makes perfect sense. i guess that it takes a true warrior to fear death

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2023, 03:14:22 PM »
are we gonna ignore fella taking a shot of olive oil chased with grass clippings
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2023, 03:34:30 PM »

I fear the afterlife and not knowing what awaits me. Probably comes from watching “Event Horizon” in college and he says “hell is just a word, the reality is much worse”. Then I thought about eternity and I made me think too much.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2023, 04:09:59 PM »
i cant stop thinking about it now, freaks me out, whoever says he doesn't fear death is either lying or has never thought it through

I don't fear death because you won't know when you are dead.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2023, 12:49:09 AM »

I fear the afterlife and not knowing what awaits me. Probably comes from watching “Event Horizon” in college and he says “hell is just a word, the reality is much worse”. Then I thought about eternity and I made me think too much.
There are only 3 possibilities after death.

1) Atheist belief: nothing exists but the material world. Just like going to sleep and fading to black.

2) Heaven & Hell: Those that believe this think they are going to Heaven and their enemies are going to Hell. Pure bliss with no pain or suffering.

3) Reincarnation: dropping one body and picking up another one. No different than changing your shirt.

None of the above three options is anything to fear.

mops

• Getbig IV
  • Never make snow angels in a dog park
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2023, 10:15:02 AM »

x1000

Funny, your comment reminds me of a century year old quote from physician William Osler :

"Pneumonia may well be called the friend of the aged. Taken off by it in an acute, short, not often painful illness, the old man escapes those ‘cold gradations of decay’ so distressing to himself and to his friends .”