Author Topic: Paul DILLETT's epic back!  (Read 8922 times)

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Paul DILLETT's epic back!
« on: December 18, 2015, 09:57:34 PM »
Maybe he couldn't train it properly cuz of his bad shoulders?

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
Re: Paul DILLETT's epic back!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 09:59:47 PM »
Lazy trainer.

Generation nothingness.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 10:02:34 PM »
I think had Paul had Jodie Miller in his corner, he would be 15x Mr O b now.
 :D
?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 10:07:50 PM »
First pic is 2006 comeback.

Second two are him at his supposed "best." But it really was because post-97ish Dillett is garbage.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 01:15:03 AM »
Glutes not striated. Ronnie is not impressed.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 01:55:33 AM »
Back is wider in the FDB pose than in the RL pose.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 02:14:48 AM »
I doubt it had anything to do with the way he trained it, his back was just a genetically weak. Nothing much can be done.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 02:54:34 AM »
man if paul could have got his back in, he would have been unbeatable , from the front he was a fucking animal.

guy was a  super responder to drugs thats for sure, cause he trained like  a pussy

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 04:21:34 AM »
I doubt it had anything to do with the way he trained it, his back was just a genetically weak. Nothing much can be done.
If you ever watched vids of him train, especially back (like lat pulldowns) he would just pull the weight down real fast, with no squeeze---just up and down. Also, his back would "open up" in the FDB pose or variation of that, but not when doing a FLS or RLS pose. So, it tells you something about his training and posing.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 04:46:55 AM »
If you ever watched vids of him train, especially back (like lat pulldowns) he would just pull the weight down real fast, with no squeeze---just up and down. Also, his back would "open up" in the FDB pose or variation of that, but not when doing a FLS or RLS pose. So, it tells you something about his training and posing.

How people train tends to be unique to them. Dillett's workouts were famous for being uninspired and he would have trained his back in a similar way he would have trained other body parts. However, while those other parts responded superbly, his back remained stagnant. That's a clear sign of a genetic issue.

He obviously would have been aware that his back was holding him back so I'm sure he would have tried different routines, exercises, rep ranges...etc to trigger a response but it remained a weakness.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 08:18:16 AM »
How people train tends to be unique to them. Dillett's workouts were famous for being uninspired and he would have trained his back in a similar way he would have trained other body parts. However, while those other parts responded superbly, his back remained stagnant. That's a clear sign of a genetic issue.

He obviously would have been aware that his back was holding him back so I'm sure he would have tried different routines, exercises, rep ranges...etc to trigger a response but it remained a weakness.

Problem is, you can't necessarily train back like other bodyparts. Just look at how Bertil Fox trained. He was completely two different bodybuilders, one from the front, and one from the back. His odd training didn't work that well from the front.

And  are really sure you think he would have tried different routines? The man couldn't pose for the life of him. That takes practice. And it seem like he didn't do that. he didn't care. Plus, he had shoulder injuries.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 08:21:35 AM »
Poor poser, poor training habits, and insane genetics. What a waste. I heard he was a good poser outside of contests, but when he would step on stage, he'd just freeze up.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2015, 08:22:13 AM »
With a little more thickness, and opening up both sides in a proportionate manner, his back wouldn't have been a liability here:

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2015, 08:23:33 AM »
With a little more thickness, and opening up both sides in a proportionate manner, his back wouldn't have been a liability here:

Same condition as Jason Genova............

X

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2015, 08:23:43 AM »
 :)

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2015, 08:25:44 AM »
Same condition as Jason Genova............

Winged scapula? Don't think Dillett has that....

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 08:26:06 AM »
Poor poser, poor training habits, and insane genetics. What a waste. I heard he was a good poser outside of contests, but when he would step on stage, he'd just freeze up.

?????????/ wtf being attacked by schmoes...[i know what really happened]
F

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 08:31:35 AM »
?????????/ wtf being attacked by schmoes...[i know what really happened]

Wouldn't have happened if Bobby Sly was present.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 08:59:25 AM »
Problem is, you can't necessarily train back like other bodyparts. Just look at how Bertil Fox trained. He was completely two different bodybuilders, one from the front, and one from the back. His odd training didn't work that well from the front.

And  are really sure you think he would have tried different routines? The man couldn't pose for the life of him. That takes practice. And it seem like he didn't do that. he didn't care. Plus, he had shoulder injuries.

I agree that his back training was poor but I'm not convinced it made a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. I think a genetically strong body part will grow on any routine while a weak one will struggle to develop regardless of how well trained. For instance, I'm sure you have some body parts that are better than others? Would you put it down to a failure to train those weaker parts properly or accept it's just a genetic issue?

I'm speculating regarding Dillett trying different routines. However, we are looking at a man who's willing to take copious amounts of drugs and who's willing diet to the most extreme levels in order to achieve a certain look. I'm pretty sure he would have attempted different things in order to improve on a glaring weakness but it just wasn't meant to be.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2015, 03:33:49 PM »
This is what I would suspect........no mind/muscle connection.

Very hard to establish for most people when it comes to training the upper back/lats areas.

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2015, 04:28:38 PM »
I remember reading once that Dillet didn't train his arm's directly. That he worked
them enough during his back workout. IF this is true, then it shows how piss poor
his back workouts were at actually working the back.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2015, 04:46:42 PM »
This is what I would suspect........no mind/muscle connection.

Very hard to establish for most people when it comes to training the upper back/lats areas.

I don't think Ronnie (nor Flex) had much of a mind (nor muscle connection) to train with. They just had it.

Dillet "says" he had no shoulder cartilage and any action with shoulders was agony. Think of a BDB and shoulder retraction and you can see where the probelm would be if he is not lying. My front delts and rotator cuff are bad, not fucked, and that movement alone (yes pulling a BDB) hurts badly. Can't imagine you could build much there without genetics and I think he used all his genetic lotto cards already.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2015, 05:17:15 PM »
I remember when Paul trained at my gym for a good 2 years. The guy was as big as a house when he was on and in full force.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2015, 05:54:51 PM »
Prob nerve damage