Author Topic: Ron Paul beats all candidates with most donations  (Read 2045 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Ron Paul beats all candidates with most donations
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 05:31:24 PM »
Beach poo poo pants Bum to the rescue.  ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 05:47:20 PM »
Ron Poop is not going to happen its as simple as that.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2011, 05:49:02 PM »
Ron Poop is not going to happen its as simple as that.

Adonis... Why do you feel that Ron Paul is a bad candidate?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2011, 05:49:09 PM »
Can you actually substantiate that claim?

He's certainly better than Obama-lite.

Do I really need to?  Do you really think RP is going to get anywhere in the primaries?  How did he do last election?  I just don't see it.  And if he. By some miracle gets the nomination I fear OB will win again.

Do you think I am saying this because I think OB or someone like him is better?   ::). Really?

I would vote RP over OB easily.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 05:56:10 PM »
Adonis... Why do you feel that Ron Paul is a bad candidate?
I don`t support his views on abortion which are anti-choice, anti-woman.  I don`t support the fact that he has NO respect whatsoever for Thomas Jefferson`s WALL OF SEPARATION of Church and State.  I don`t support his views on Science education to which he supports the teaching of Creationism and also does not believe in evolution.  I do not support him dismantling the CIA, NSA or the Department of Homeland Security.  I do not support his willingness to end the FDA, USDA or the CDC or the NIH.  He has no health plan.  I support Single Payer like every other civilized country has, whereas Poop Paul has no plan whatsoever.

I could go on and on and on.  Poop Paul sucks for the most part, however his stance on war and defunding the Department of Defense are not terrible.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 06:07:39 PM »
I don`t support his views on abortion which are anti-choice, anti-woman.  I don`t support the fact that he has NO respect whatsoever for Thomas Jefferson`s WALL OF SEPARATION of Church and State.  I don`t support his views on Science education to which he supports the teaching of Creationism and also does not believe in evolution.  I do not support him dismantling the CIA, NSA or the Department of Homeland Security.  I do not support his willingness to end the FDA, USDA or the CDC or the NIH.  He has no health plan.  I support Single Payer like every other civilized country has, whereas Poop Paul has no plan whatsoever.

I could go on and on and on.  Poop Paul sucks for the most part, however his stance on war and defunding the Department of Defense are not terrible. 

I would defund homeland security and merge them into Defense... DHS is pointless in my opinion.

I do support his stance on wars and typically his ideals of smaller government... I do think he has a tendency to take them too far though.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 06:47:59 PM »
where did it say 35 people, beach Bum?

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 06:55:10 PM »
I don`t support his views on abortion which are anti-choice, anti-woman.  I don`t support the fact that he has NO respect whatsoever for Thomas Jefferson`s WALL OF SEPARATION of Church and State.  I don`t support his views on Science education to which he supports the teaching of Creationism and also does not believe in evolution.  I do not support him dismantling the CIA, NSA or the Department of Homeland Security.  I do not support his willingness to end the FDA, USDA or the CDC or the NIH.  He has no health plan.  I support Single Payer like every other civilized country has, whereas Poop Paul has no plan whatsoever.

I could go on and on and on.  Poop Paul sucks for the most part, however his stance on war and defunding the Department of Defense are not terrible.  

Do you truly believe that DHS is doing an effective job?  I would argue that Janet Napalitano is incompetent. Her criminal organization continuously violates the 4th amendment with reckless abandon.
Live free or die

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 07:15:21 PM »
Do you truly believe that DHS is doing an effective job?  I would argue that Janet Napalitano is incompetent. Her criminal organization continuously violates the 4th amendment with reckless abandon.
Based on how many threats the United States receives internally, I think the DHS is valid and could use fiscally sensible funding and that is the key.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 07:20:57 PM »
Based on how many threats the United States receives internally, I think the DHS is valid and could use fiscally sensible funding and that is the key.
But really, aren't those threats solved by agencies already in use?

CIA, NSA, FBI... Those agencies are the ones stopping these threats, not the DHS.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2011, 07:26:34 PM »
But really, aren't those threats solved by agencies already in use?

CIA, NSA, FBI... Those agencies are the ones stopping these threats, not the DHS.

Those threats are solved by looking for suspicous acitivty at your local Walmart.

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 07:33:03 PM »
Or paying with cash
Live free or die

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2011, 01:22:44 AM »
Ron Paul ain't going anywhere in the presidential  election.  Why is he even relevant?

He's not going to win, or even come close, but he does have some good things to say.  I think having him in the race is a good thing.  Sort of like Cain.  They both bring some good things to the table, and help frame the discussion, but neither one will be president. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2011, 01:23:16 AM »

I'm guessing loyal internet followers.  Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he wins every single internet poll from now till election time..........and still have a piss poor caucas or primary showing.

Ron Paul rules the internet. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2011, 01:24:23 AM »
where did it say 35 people, beach Bum?

::)  Figure it out yourself. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2011, 01:25:38 AM »
Do I really need to?  Do you really think RP is going to get anywhere in the primaries?  How did he do last election?  I just don't see it.  And if he. By some miracle gets the nomination I fear OB will win again.

Do you think I am saying this because I think OB or someone like him is better?   ::). Really?

I would vote RP over OB easily.  

Not only that, how did he do in his home state?  (Not very well.)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2011, 07:20:02 PM »
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/07/ron-paul-military-campaign-donations-/1

GOP presidential hopeful Ron Paul consistently has said that the United States should get out of Afghanistan and Iraq and that American military bases around the world should be closed.

In this campaign, Paul is getting more donations from people who work for the military than either President Obama or any of the other Republican presidential candidates. That analysis comes from Paul's campaign and was confirmed recently by Politifact, the fact-checking project of the St. Petersburg Times.

"Our fighting men and women take an oath to protect America, defend our Constitution and defend our borders," Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton said. "They look at Ron Paul and see a leader who takes their oath seriously and who will fight to ensure that we don't misrepresent that oath by sending them off to police the world, instead of defending our country."

This is a trend that also came up in the 2008 campaign. USA TODAY's Fredreka Schouten reported then that Paul and Obama got the most military donations in the last White House race, using an analysis by the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics.

There's no way to know for sure whether the campaign donors who list the Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy and National Guard as their employer back Paul because of his stance on the Afghanistan and Iraq Wars or for his libertarian views on the economy and fiscal policy -- issues for which he is well known.

Still, the military donations to Paul are worth noting.

Paul first mentioned the latest trend in a July 20 interview. Politifact went to fact check his comments and, using its own review of the campaign-finance reports for April through June, found they were true.

Paul's campaign told Politifact that Paul raised $34,480 from people in the military, compared with $19,849 for Obama and $13,848 for the other GOP presidential candidates.

The Center for Responsive Politics says $11,350 of Paul's military donations come from people who work for the Army. In the 2008 campaign, the center found that individuals employed by the Army, Navy and Air Force were Paul's top three sources of campaign donations.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2011, 07:23:58 PM »
If Ron Paul finishes first or second in Iowa (which I believe he will), then all bets are off. Guy will hit the mainstream big time if that happens.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2011, 07:31:57 PM »
I know he is old and he tends to ramble - but if he can just be a little more agressive and get that angry old man thing going - he can do it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2011, 07:49:08 PM »
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/07/ron-paul-military-campaign-donations-/1

"Our fighting men and women take an oath to protect America, defend our Constitution and defend our borders," Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton said. "They look at Ron Paul and see a leader who takes their oath seriously and who will fight to ensure that we don't misrepresent that oath by sending them off to police the world, instead of defending our country."

I've talked to a number of Soldiers who actually look forward to deployments in part because they make so much more money when they go down range.  I'm not sure to what extent that sentiment exists Army wide (headhunter would know), but it's a little presumptuous for Benton to say, based on what looks like 35 donations, that this represents some widespread belief by Soldiers that they don't want to fight overseas.  Also, this is an all volunteer force, so those men and women know exactly what they're signing up for, particularly when they join or re-up during war. 

To put the military donations in further context, "[a]s of 30 September 2010, 1,430,895 people were on active duty in the military, with an additional 848,000 people in the seven reserve components."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Armed_Forces

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2011, 07:53:44 PM »
I've talked to a number of Soldiers who actually look forward to deployments in part because they make so much more money when they go down range.  I'm not sure to what extent that sentiment exists Army wide (headhunter would know), but it's a little presumptuous for Benton to say, based on what looks like 35 donations, that this represents some widespread belief by Soldiers that they don't want to fight overseas.  Also, this is an all volunteer force, so those men and women know exactly what they're signing up for, particularly when they join or re-up during war. 

To put the military donations in further context, "[a]s of 30 September 2010, 1,430,895 people were on active duty in the military, with an additional 848,000 people in the seven reserve components."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Armed_Forces

You are one wet noodle.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2011, 07:55:44 PM »
You are one wet noodle.

LOL.  Why did I know your response would be directed at me, rather than the information I provided?  :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2011, 08:16:54 PM »
LOL.  Why did I know your response would be directed at me, rather than the information I provided?  :)

Laugh all you want. In the past I tried to explain things in detail but it's a waste of time to try and convince anyone of anything when they are deadset in their ways. You will ALWAYS bring in some poopy attitude when it comes to RP, if it was anyone else you would NEVER do the same thing, instead you would be praising the individual.

You had no comment when I posted that it's been reported that Romney's $10 million day was far shy of that amount. If it was Paul, you would have been on that like a hawk.

Romney himself touted the $10 million figure, saying, “That’s a terrific start. Actually it’s more than just a start – it really gives us the boost that we need at this early stage in my effort.”

So how was it that, after raising over $10 million in one day, the campaign recently announced it only raised $15 to $20 million for the entire quarter?

As it turns out, the campaign wasn’t telling the truth. Yesterday, the Los Angeles Time revealed Romney’s “sleight of hand“:

The former Massachusetts governor’s campaign told reporters in May that he had raised $10 million in a one-day phone-a-thon in Las Vegas. But the amount actually represented pledges gathered earlier and tallied that day, not funds actually taken in by the campaign.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2011, 08:20:37 PM »
On economic issues Ron Paul is light years better than the others.  I just wish that he would start going on the attack.   If he attacked Obama directly, he would instantly go to the top. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2011, 08:26:31 PM »
Laugh all you want. In the past I tried to explain things in detail but it's a waste of time to try and convince anyone of anything when they are deadset in their ways. You will ALWAYS bring in some poopy attitude when it comes to RP, if it was anyone else you would NEVER do the same thing, instead you would be praising the individual.

You had no comment when I posted that it's been reported that Romney's $10 million day was far shy of that amount. If it was Paul, you would have been on that like a hawk.

Romney himself touted the $10 million figure, saying, “That’s a terrific start. Actually it’s more than just a start – it really gives us the boost that we need at this early stage in my effort.”

So how was it that, after raising over $10 million in one day, the campaign recently announced it only raised $15 to $20 million for the entire quarter?

As it turns out, the campaign wasn’t telling the truth. Yesterday, the Los Angeles Time revealed Romney’s “sleight of hand“:

The former Massachusetts governor’s campaign told reporters in May that he had raised $10 million in a one-day phone-a-thon in Las Vegas. But the amount actually represented pledges gathered earlier and tallied that day, not funds actually taken in by the campaign.

That's it?  Comments about Romney?  You posted an article that talks about Ron Paul's military donations.  I simply put them in context.  And I took issue with comments made by his campaign chair.  What's your "detailed" explanation for the apparent 35 donations from the 2.2 million members of the armed forces, and how that has any relevance to his popularity with the military?  

I like Ron Paul, but I just tell the truth about him like I do any other candidate.  He's never going to be president.  Neither is Herman Cain (who I like), or Santorum (who I'm ambivalent about), or Gary Johnson, or any number of other candidates.  If someone posts an article that claims any of those guys has a legitimate shot to be president, and the only reason they may not win is some vast conspiracy to suppress their popularity, I'll chime in.  

It's actually pretty funny how some of you Ron Paul fanatics don't appear to be capable of having a rational discussion about the man.