Author Topic: On-Stage Hair  (Read 9945 times)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
On-Stage Hair
« on: April 04, 2007, 08:27:48 AM »
So I have been growing my hair out and in the days of Figure it was fine to just sweep it to the side and leave it down for judging.  It doesn't seem like that would be a good idea for bbing as it could hamper the presentation of my physique.  Anyone have cute suggestions on how to wear your hair at prejudging...I still want to feminine look.  Will I have to spend $$$ to get it done all up? 
Jennifer

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: On-Stage Hair
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 12:02:29 PM »
So I have been growing my hair out and in the days of Figure it was fine to just sweep it to the side and leave it down for judging.  It doesn't seem like that would be a good idea for bbing as it could hamper the presentation of my physique.  Anyone have cute suggestions on how to wear your hair at prejudging...I still want to feminine look.  Will I have to spend $$$ to get it done all up? 
I would suggest looking at pics of the top five women at various bodybuilding shows to see how they wear their hair during prejudging. Then pic a style that might work for you.
!

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 09:47:14 PM »

Alot of the women either have it cut short or put it up in a big clip. Don't over do on prejudging, keep it simple. You want them looking at your physique not your hair. Do wear subtle make-up, like mascara and eyeliner with a little lip gloss, and always make sure your nails are done to match your suit but leave the rhinestones for the evening show. At prejudging, subtle is best. Hope this helps.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 04:16:57 PM »

Spend the money to get it done up really nicely. I never see the point in training and dieting your ass off for years/months, to skimp at the last moment on something that is so simple, and does make a difference. For your face, I think you would look really nice with it up high on the crown, not too tight.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 08:43:13 AM »
yes...all your hard work makes it worthwhile to get your hair done.  My sister rented out a beauty shop the day of her wedding, the beautitians all came in early and did up our hair (me too...and I never get my hair just "set") it was a great idea
X

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 11:38:55 PM »
Okay looks like I'm gonna have to modify. For the evening show, please go all out! I suggest having a really cute hair piece rather than having your hair "done" for every show. You can add jewels, clips, anything you want to it and it's gonna look awesome. Just be sure the accessories match your suit. This saves major bucks! If money is no object (you obviously have more "grip" than the rest of us) then go with the hair-do for every show. For those of us who have to pay for our own shows, this is the best advice I can give you. If you have any questions please PM me. I love to help others, even if they are in the same show and same weight class. No "cattiness" here. I want to promote female bodybuilding as much as possible

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 02:09:47 AM »
I suggest having a really cute hair piece rather than having your hair "done" for every show. You can add jewels, clips, anything you want to it and it's gonna look awesome. Just be sure the accessories match your suit. This saves major bucks!

I will have to politely disagree here, maybe it's just my opinion but I DESPISE hairpieces, I think they are cheap and tacky looking. A pile of man-made plastic fibers masquerading as hair is not my idea of good looking. Unless one refers to a high quality human hair piece, which is generally so expensive it would be cheaper to simply have ones hair done.

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 02:19:09 AM »
I did not suggest a cheap hairpiece. I maybe should have qualified that suggestion as a  good hairpiece. As a competitor as well as an NPC judge, I suggest to do what you can afford and look good. I found that a good quality hair piece looked better for me. As I moved to to the National shows then yes, I have a hairdresser come do my hair and a make-up artist do my make up. In the national qualifiers it's important to look good, but once you've moved on from there you HAVE to call in the big guns. It's pretty much a blood-bath for the Overall...and the pro card...

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 02:33:40 AM »
I did not suggest a cheap hairpiece. I maybe should have qualified that suggestion as a  good hairpiece. As a competitor as well as an NPC judge, I suggest to do what you can afford and look good. I found that a good quality hair piece looked better for me. As I moved to to the National shows then yes, I have a hairdresser come do my hair and a make-up artist do my make up. In the national qualifiers it's important to look good, but once you've moved on from there you HAVE to call in the big guns. It's pretty much a blood-bath for the Overall...and the pro card...

Well, it is difference of opinion, possibly cultural?

I despise hair pieces, and my point was, one I would consider good [human hair, custom done] is prohibitively more expensive than simply going to a hairdresser. I own a spa, btw, so hence maybe why I dislike them, as I can tell them a mile away?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 02:47:34 AM »

bigguns175

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 02:51:59 AM »
you HAVE to call in the big guns

Did somebody call my name???  ::)

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 03:03:09 AM »
Yes we want to see what magic you have to contribute...how about ladies with mohawks...?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 09:48:04 AM »
hehehe, you ladies make me smile.  Thanks for the thoughtful responses though.  I know it needs to be up at least during the day so maybe I can put it in hot curlers and in a simple pony tail that will look classy but not over-done.  I am just annoyed at myself for having grown it out for years and now I can't get the major benefit of it.  If I do a National Level show I will most likely get it done.

And I wish I didn't have to pay for it, hehe, I don't have that much pull...yet!

Love you two ;) 
Jennifer

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 11:47:37 AM »
Good luck with your show and beauty prep.. I always went the make-up and hair stylist route.. it cost a fortune but I didnt want a hair piece and wanted to look perfect.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 08:24:21 AM »
Alot of the women either have it cut short or put it up in a big clip. Don't over do on prejudging, keep it simple. You want them looking at your physique not your hair. Do wear subtle make-up, like mascara and eyeliner with a little lip gloss, and always make sure your nails are done to match your suit but leave the rhinestones for the evening show. At prejudging, subtle is best. Hope this helps.

Ohh you give such lovely advice.

And you are also a fine example. Your stage presence= a true testament to your advice when applied.

You are the most beautiful female BB I've ever seen, your hair is like THE BOMB!!!!:

Ladies and Gentlemen: BuffGoddess!§!! AND HER HAIR!!!!!
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 09:25:27 AM »

I am not trying to be rude here, but this is why I suggest seeking a professional stylist and spending a few dollars on getting professional hair and makeup, like Dina said. Each to their own, but this is not my preferred look.

Buff mentioned let the physique do the talking, but I feel it is nice to put 'icing on the cake' so to speak.

I am not sure of US amateur judging policies, but I know here and pro level, the bodybuilder girls always do their hair and make-up up really attractively, and it is somewhat expected by the judging panel, maybe it is not said, but it is subconscious.

IMO I would rather see competitors with their hair styled and makeup, as I think it helps promote female bodybuilding, and works againest those stupid stereotypes that we have all heard.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 05:09:28 PM »

I am not trying to be rude here, but this is why I suggest seeking a professional stylist and spending a few dollars on getting professional hair and makeup, like Dina said. Each to their own, but this is not my preferred look.

Buff mentioned let the physique do the talking, but I feel it is nice to put 'icing on the cake' so to speak.

I am not sure of US amateur judging policies, but I know here and pro level, the bodybuilder girls always do their hair and make-up up really attractively, and it is somewhat expected by the judging panel, maybe it is not said, but it is subconscious.

IMO I would rather see competitors with their hair styled and makeup, as I think it helps promote female bodybuilding, and works againest those stupid stereotypes that we have all heard.

Don't be a hater CQ she looks wonderful.  Maybe you just can't handle seeing a stronger more independent woman than you?   >:(

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 05:39:36 PM »
Don't be a hater CQ she looks wonderful.  Maybe you just can't handle seeing a stronger more independent woman than you?   >:(
CQ wasn't the person who posted this pic.  ::)
!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 05:40:41 PM »

Shut up you pig of a man.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 06:01:40 PM »
I'm gonna lop this and flush it to the V or Z if this doesn't stay helpful and on-topic
X

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 06:17:07 PM »

Thanks a lot Benny, but Bast and I are cool. He was j/k with me. But thanks again :-*

I'm gonna lop this and flush it to the V or Z if this doesn't stay helpful and on-topic

People in this thread, those looking and me [ ;D] please lets keep it on topic and not have any flaming. I feel that it is an a valid discussion, as perception of female bodybuilding and matters like this are very interlinked. I don't want to see it go to the alphabets. Thanks Medford.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 07:07:12 PM »
Shut up you pig of a man.
Watch your mouth, "Bast"...
!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 07:31:17 PM »
Watch your mouth, "Bast"...

hahaha ok you stud

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 08:33:29 PM »
hahaha ok you stud
Thanks for acknowledging the obvious. Despite your advances just be aware than I'm not interested. ;)

If you're gonna act like a dick you should wear a condom on your head so you can at least look like one !!!  :D
You fuckin' clown, I have know doubt you're the kind of guy that uses the color system to figure out how to put on your underwear each morning. You know...yellow in the front, brown in the back?   :o
!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 03:39:01 AM »

Medford, I understand your desire to keep the thread relevant to us girls, but I'd like to ask that you just remove any posts you don't like and not flush the whole thread. That kind of lets the boys actions dictate our board, if I make sense. If we start flushing threads that get flaming on them, we'll have none left eventually ;D