Poll

4 (28.6%)
10 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: The Beast's 2008 Contest Thread  (Read 84607 times)

bthomas77

• Getbig II
Re: The Beast's 2008 Contest Thread
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2008, 08:02:01 PM »
It was a treat to see ya Beasty.......

you look fantastic...these picture do you absolutly no justice.  I honestly was floored when i saw you.....for two reasons...a.) you look fantastic, and b.) i was definatly not expecting you see you....

hope you had fun sat night......

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2008, 12:39:01 AM »
Beast,

Just curious whats your training split like??

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2008, 06:21:23 AM »
Damn good work! Keep it up girl!

I show you my 3 favorite pics...

P.S. Nice nails! ;D

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2008, 08:01:16 AM »
Lol at the Nails Mazda :)  When I first read that I am like, hmmm I took my nails off then I realized you meant my toes!  They are special...

My training split, well to be honest much of the time I don't know exactly what I am going to do that day.  I usually figure it out as I am getting to the gym and seeing how I feel and my body feels.  Some days I will do 2 bodyparts others I will just focus on one and many times I will switch these up week by week.

Sunday:  Back
Monday:  Arms
Tuesday: Legs (sometimes I split them up)
Wednesday: off
Thursday: Chest and Calves
Friday: Shoulders and abs
Saturday: Off

I should start posting more of my workouts...
Jennifer

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 12:34:08 AM »
Call me Steve ;D!

What looks like your training split if you split the leg day?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2008, 07:09:18 AM »
This week I am not splitting legs...my hamstring has been very very tight for the last few months and last week doing leg press I tweaked my lower back just a bit.  The frustrating thing is I wasn't lifting when it happened, I had my feet on the platform but it was a little too high, I only had 6 plates on each side and normally go up to 8-10...anyway I used my toes to bring the weight over the safety and then was pushing my legs up one at a time to get them set and tweaked it since my flexibility in the right hammy in non-existant.  In any case I am doing legs today, my back is fine just a touch sore but I figured I can do a lighter full leg workout. 

If I do split my legs normally I would do 4 quad exercises on Tuesday...Squats/Hack Squats/Lunges/Extensions for example and then maybe some calves or abs, maybe and then on Friday I will do Hams and Back...deadlifts/pull-ups/leg curls/lat pulls/low rows/hypers...something like that

Or I may just do low back and hamstrings and do upper back with shoulders.  Honestly I get bored so I try to switch up my workouts every week...

Jennifer

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2008, 08:02:18 AM »
Thanks Beast! :)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2008, 08:12:43 AM »

LOL...you do look cute in the glasses.

You look awesome...You're abs are already coming in!   :o
I like the lat spread on both tip toes (the second one). 

And it looks like your left side is your stronger side on the tricep, but those are the same pose pretty much. 

I agree w/all of these statements :)   

....I think the lighting could be a factor in the triceps appearing a little different?

Thanks for this motivational thread.  The pics are much appreciated!   :)

R

bulklover

• Getbig II
  • "Harder than a chunk of neutronium!"
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2008, 09:53:53 PM »
Dear Ms. JLC,

We should all look so beastly!  :)   . . . yeah, I took one look at those pics and I pretty much tossed a fatal embolism.  Heeheehee!  Good luck and knock 'em dead!!

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2008, 10:50:58 PM »
Dear Ms. JLC,

We should all look so beastly!  :)   . . . yeah, I took one look at those pics and I pretty much tossed a fatal embolism.  Heeheehee!  Good luck and knock 'em dead!!

bulk's here....

there goes the neighborhood....

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2008, 09:46:07 AM »
YEAAAA!!!!!!!   BULKY!!!!!!! 

I am so glad you are back :) 

Well thanks Stella for the nice comments, I will keep the pics coming every week. 

So far this week I have been a bit emotional but haven't freaked out and am still sane.  Less then 10 weeks, it doesn't' even seem possible.  Dave hasn't changed my diet and I am not sure he will until about 3 weeks out.  The 70 minutes of cardio is interesting and I am actually doing it....everyday...I must admit although I have an aversion to cardio I think I prefer the cardio with all the fat in my diet then my diet last year that had no cardio and no fat.  Seriously I seem to be much more with it.

If any one is interested here is my supplement stack...feel free to ask questions about why I am doing something or give me your input...I love learning :)

Upon Waking/before cardio:
3 BCAA
1 Dialed-IN
1 T. liquid L-Carnitine which I really love, I feel it is a great non-stimulant fat burner but has helped me with a little energy
1 NPR (blend of MSM and B vitamins)
3 Arginine AKG
1 Ester C

Before Breakfast
1/2 T. Coral Calcium
2 EFA
1 Multi-Vitamin
2 Greens
1 NPR
1 Glucosamine

Before Lunch
2 EFA
1 NPR

Before Workout
1 T. L-Carnitine
2 Arginine
1 Scoop Dominate (3 G's creatine/3 G's Arginine/2 mg caffeine)
possible 2 BCAA before post workout cardio
1 Ester C

Before Dinner
1 Multi
2 Greens
1 NPR
2 EFA
1 Glucosamine
1/2 T. Coral Calcium

Before Bed
2 Arginine

I add about 10 G's of Glutamine to my protein shakes throughout the day
Probably need to add in acidophilus just ran out as well as Tonalin...
Jennifer

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2008, 09:53:03 AM »
I love carnitine.  Is Dialed IN a fat burner?

And who's bulky?   :D

:)

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2008, 02:36:14 PM »

you dont know bulk....well you are in for a suprise....

hes a good guy...

im just wondering if he realizes who i am

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2008, 02:44:35 PM »

carnitine is as useless as betacarotene, specially for girls. Does it really work for you?

DougSmith

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2008, 03:40:16 PM »
you dont know bulk....well you are in for a suprise....

hes a good guy...

im just wondering if he realizes who i am

How could he possibly suspect?

By the way,  looking great Jen.  Thanx for posting all the info too.

Best

Doug

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2008, 06:07:22 PM »
How could he possibly suspect?

By the way,  looking great Jen.  Thanx for posting all the info too.

Best

Doug

now you are gonna say you know who i  am too?

grrreat....

oh shoot i forgot about the avatar...kinda gives it away, huh?

that and the grotesque picture the Beast posted today......looking at that thing...im super stoked im on a diet now.......

Jen, why didnt you tell me i looked that bad?  :P

oh shoot...the Beast you rock, and keep charging...YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2008, 04:18:17 AM »
carnitine is as useless as betacarotene, specially for girls. Does it really work for you?

Good question.  I like it for energy and fat burning during my contest prep, but I'll readily admit that it could be totally placebo effect because I am not a big believer in supplements in general.  Carnitine happens to make my very short list of supps that I think are worthwhile at times.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2008, 07:44:27 AM »
lol @ benz and Lori if you really think supplements don't work then you may not be taking good quality supplements. 

In an average Americans diet many deficiencies exist...yes if we ate more raw foods, truly organic foods that haven't been sprayed with pesticides and handled poorly, got enough good vegetables, grains and meats we may not need supplements but that really never happens.  Most people are deficient in their B vitamins...this group of vitamins is essential and when missing can lead to a number of problems: headaches, migraines, dermatitis, lack of energy, high blood pressure, anemia, auto immune diseases, the list goes on and on...another major deficiency is Omega 3 (6 and ) as well but primarily 3, when we cook our foods the good fats break down so even eating fish, if cooked, may not be reap the benefits you think it does...this deficiency leads to another list of problems...so supplementing for even clean good eaters is normally a safe and smart thing to do.

Now onto Carnitine-carnitine helps your body transport and break up long chain fatty acids and burn them for energy.  One my diet I do not eat a lot of red meat and no dairy products which are the most abundant sources of carnitine...there is a very limited amount or no carnitine at all in white meats and many vegetables.  So to cover this potential deficiency in my mind is quite important, especially considering what carnitine does in the body.  So could I personally be low in carnitine which is why when I take it I feel more energy?  Probably so.

BTW I have no idea why you think there is a difference in the way it works between males and females.
Jennifer

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2008, 07:46:40 AM »
Beast is a pretty girl, but she doesn't have any muscle. How come she doesn't look real muscular like Ripitup?
E

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2008, 07:50:10 AM »
lol @ benz and Lori if you really think supplements don't work then you may not be taking good quality supplements. 

In an average Americans diet many deficiencies exist...yes if we ate more raw foods, truly organic foods that haven't been sprayed with pesticides and handled poorly, got enough good vegetables, grains and meats we may not need supplements but that really never happens.  Most people are deficient in their B vitamins...this group of vitamins is essential and when missing can lead to a number of problems: headaches, migraines, dermatitis, lack of energy, high blood pressure, anemia, auto immune diseases, the list goes on and on...another major deficiency is Omega 3 (6 and ) as well but primarily 3, when we cook our foods the good fats break down so even eating fish, if cooked, may not be reap the benefits you think it does...this deficiency leads to another list of problems...so supplementing for even clean good eaters is normally a safe and smart thing to do.

Now onto Carnitine-carnitine helps your body transport and break up long chain fatty acids and burn them for energy.  One my diet I do not eat a lot of red meat and no dairy products which are the most abundant sources of carnitine...there is a very limited amount or no carnitine at all in white meats and many vegetables.  So to cover this potential deficiency in my mind is quite important, especially considering what carnitine does in the body.  So could I personally be low in carnitine which is why when I take it I feel more energy?  Probably so.

BTW I have no idea why you think there is a difference in the way it works between males and females.

Sorry beast but i didnt say supplements dont work, i was talking about carnitine only (and mentioned betacarotene aswel). Ive never met any man that could say "oh carnitine is so great" ...everybody say  it doesnt work, even gh15!
Maybe , as you say, it works for you, theres a deficiency, so yeah, its just perfect for you as zma is perfect for me (many here say it wont help to have a better sleep but it works for me).

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2008, 07:51:56 AM »
Beast is a pretty girl, but she doesn't have any muscle. How come she doesn't look real muscular like Ripitup?

You look more muscular as you get leaner.  I look less muscular than Beast in the off-season.  I sometimes wonder if I even look like I train in the off-season.   ::)
It's an illusion...as you get leaner and more defined, you look more jacked, even though you are smaller.  

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2008, 07:53:06 AM »

You look more muscular as you get leaner.  I look less muscular than Beast in the off-season.  I sometimes wonder if I even look like I train in the off-season.   ::)
It's an illusion...as you get leaner and more defined, you look more jacked, even though you are smaller. 

I think Beast looks more like a figure competitor tbh. I don't see the big muscles.
E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2008, 08:07:14 AM »
I think Beast looks more like a figure competitor tbh. I don't see the big muscles.

I get that too...I'm smaller than her, actually.  At least I think I am!

I don't think that will be the case when she's in contest shape. 

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2008, 08:09:24 AM »

You look more muscular as you get leaner.  I look less muscular than Beast in the off-season.  I sometimes wonder if I even look like I train in the off-season.   ::)

Are you saying that THE BEAST is a fatty? What is your problem she looks great!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2008, 08:10:26 AM »
Are you saying that THE BEAST is a fatty? What is your problem she looks great!

NO, I said that I look less muscular than the Beast when I am off-season, so that would make ME the fatty.   ;D