Author Topic: Extra 50K - What do you guys think?  (Read 67123 times)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: Extra 50K - What do you guys think?
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2006, 05:21:09 PM »

What do you suppose he meant when he said this?
are you suggesting that Bob is doing something less than straight on the side, Goatboy?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2006, 05:22:32 PM »

What do you suppose he meant when he said this?

He obviously viewed me as foolish, even though he was the one making negative statements about the security of his employer's information.

Now when he said he was more than an endorsed athlete, he was either mistaken, or Ryan Deluca is mistaken...

Which one is it, Bob?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2006, 05:30:46 PM »
I'd say Ryan is telling the truth (since it is his company, after all), and Bob told a little fib because it is important to his ego that a bunch of anonymous internet posters view him as more than just an over-the-hill 3rd-tier meathead.

Perhaps you are right.  Records do reveal the company does belong to Ryan, not Bob.

However, there is another discrepancy when Ryan said Bob cannot see customer info, and Bob claims to have this power.

Bob:  Were you lying?  Or, does Ryan just not know what's going on over there?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2006, 05:33:30 PM »
Perhaps you are right.  Records do reveal the company does belong to Ryan, not Bob.

However, there is another discrepancy when Ryan said Bob cannot see customer info, and Bob claims to have this power.

Bob:  Were you lying?  Or, does Ryan just not know what's going on over there?
Ryan's smarter than that, do you really think he'd let a third tier bb'er making 32 thousand bucks a year have access to customers credit card info?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2006, 05:35:47 PM »
I think Ryan is smarter than that. He told me he's smarter than that.  I want to believe Ryan.

But that would entail NOT believing Bob.  So then I'd have to face the reality that Bob is a liar, that Bob is delusional and ignorant, or that Bob is incompetent.  Which do you think is most probable?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2006, 05:36:31 PM »
I think Ryan is smarter than that. He told me he's smarter than that.  I want to believe Ryan.

But that would entail NOT believing Bob.  So then I'd have to face the reality that Bob is a liar, that Bob is delusional and ignorant, or that Bob is incompetent.  Which do you think is most probable?
all four.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2006, 05:44:43 PM »
he really believes he's "more" than just a washed-up third-tier bodybuilder. He thinks he's "somebody", dammit!   ;D

Are you saying he's been demasculated?  Do you think Tosha thinks he's any less of a man now?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2006, 07:34:35 PM »
1) Bob's secret poll on IFBB judging is exposed to the gossip and opinions board
2) Jay Cutlers "I think the idea sucks" reponse is also disclosed
3) Bob categorically slams the gossip and opinion board (essentially the entire getbig community)
by referencing them as the "peanut gallery"
4) Bob decides to respond to 240's investigation into claims made about Bob's role/clout at bodybuilding.com, and quickly proceeds to make a fool of himself by arguing a losing battle (7 pages worth)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2006, 07:37:30 PM »
 Come on guys, you've made your point. Now let this go.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2006, 07:42:54 PM »
Bob, leak some more of his financial info. Show him who's boss!

Come on 240, is this really necessary? ::)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #210 on: May 03, 2006, 07:43:23 PM »
Its no secret shit i will tell you BB.COM  has given me a few thousand here and there to put their logo on the dragster for races i have done.

Lee

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #211 on: May 03, 2006, 07:45:40 PM »
The sad thing is every single thing 240 has said has been 100% true. This is a mess of Bob's own creation.  Poor Bob can't seem to open his mouth without sticking his foot in it.

some people are just gluttons for punishment.  bobby is one of those people.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: May 03, 2006, 07:47:02 PM »
The sad thing is every single thing 240 has said has been 100% true. This is a mess of Bob's own creation.  Poor Bob can't seem to open his mouth without sticking his foot in it.

Yeah, but don't you think he's had enough?  :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: May 03, 2006, 07:48:33 PM »
Yeah, but don't you think he's had enough?  :-\

Most of us backed off and made some dinner.  Bob came back swinging, bragging about how he didn't get yelled at, and all about his new contract. 

For the record...

This isn't a BB.com decision..It's MY decision.

I've heard NOTHING from BB.com reguarding this, by phone or email...believe me, they (and I)

have better and more important things to do.

BTW, I've just recently renewed my contract with BB.com for another 3 years.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2006, 07:50:42 PM »
Most of us backed off and made some dinner.  Bob came back swinging, bragging about how he didn't get yelled at, and all about his new contract. 

I never thought I would say this, but 240, I think you are going to have to be the bigger man ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2006, 07:53:49 PM »
I never thought I would say this, but 240, I think you are going to have to be the bigger man ;D

Good call.   I think we can put a cap on this event.  We'll always have the screenshots when we wish to relive the moment, and we'll always affectionately see ourselves as the Peanut Gallery.  Goat, thoughts?  Time to let Bob Chick RIP?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2006, 07:58:51 PM »
Good call.   I think we can put a cap on this event.  We'll always have the screenshots when we wish to relive the moment, and we'll always affectionately see ourselves as the Peanut Gallery.  Goat, thoughts?  Time to let Bob Chick RIP?

I'm just saying that it is like beating a guy after he is already dead. Sure, they did that to Mussolini, but Bob is nowhere near that bad, right? ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2006, 07:59:41 PM »
Bob, do you regret telling us that you had access to our personal information garnered from BBing.com sales?

does he really do that ?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2006, 08:00:16 PM »

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2006, 08:02:24 PM »
anyone else wish 240 would change the record?

P

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2006, 08:06:41 PM »
anyone else wish 240 would change the record?

Bwahahahaha...I agree, it's time to leave this one alone. Bob had the tar beaten out of him and he needs to rest now ;D

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2006, 08:45:24 PM »
And once again the interests of the BB are lost in a big pile of everything but the topic in question.

I have no problem with a VIP forum for the pros. A cyber boardroom for the athletes taking care of their own business. Thats fine.

As a fan I want to see the athletes get paid for their hard work, some dedicated science to keep the information cutting edge in keeping the athletes as safe as possible with the risky life they lead, and a free forum for the fans to say whats on their minds. I come here to see what the pros say, and read what the fans say when I have the time, which isnt often.

A posing, entertainment idea with the fans voting by applause sounds good to me. Nothing like the energy at a show as BB's play the crowd and take it to each other: this extra posing round will only add to that insane energy the shows have. More can be done to put some cash in the pockets of the athletes, but for right now this sounds like a good start.

cheers
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2006, 10:13:12 PM »
And once again the interests of the BB are lost in a big pile of everything but the topic in question.

I have no problem with a VIP forum for the pros. A cyber boardroom for the athletes taking care of their own business. Thats fine.

As a fan I want to see the athletes get paid for their hard work, some dedicated science to keep the information cutting edge in keeping the athletes as safe as possible with the risky life they lead, and a free forum for the fans to say whats on their minds. I come here to see what the pros say, and read what the fans say when I have the time, which isnt often.

A posing, entertainment idea with the fans voting by applause sounds good to me. Nothing like the energy at a show as BB's play the crowd and take it to each other: this extra posing round will only add to that insane energy the shows have. More can be done to put some cash in the pockets of the athletes, but for right now this sounds like a good start.

cheers

I think a dancing round might also be a good idea. Bodybuilders could dance with their wives or girlfriends and earn points.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: EXTRA $50K WHAT DO YOU FANS THINK.
« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2006, 10:16:06 PM »
the challenge round wasnt a bust.    every one loved the idea before they found out that the judges would actually give the better man the "w" in the poses that they were comparing.   whiny ass bitches cant take losing , since they "paid their dues".
d[-_-]b actin all cool

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: EXTRA $50K WHAT DO YOU FANS THINK.
« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2006, 10:18:14 PM »
the challenge round wasnt a bust.    every one loved the idea before they found out that the judges would actually give the better man the "w" in the poses that they were comparing.   whiny ass bitches cant take losing , since they "paid their dues".

You're just mad because you haven't paid your dues ;D