Author Topic: YANKEES SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3156 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
YANKEES SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 10, 2009, 08:41:17 AM »
BOSTON was out played,outfielded,outhit,bullpens matched up head to head and that 15 inning game was classic,i'll give beckett credit he is one tough sob.i still think boston will get closer again they have great team too,but yankee bats are potent 1-9 boston has some holes there.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: YANKEES SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 01:03:05 PM »
Body won't recover ;)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 11:58:55 AM »
SUP BOSTON! HOPE YOU ENJOY THAT 6.5 GAME CUSHION WE'RE ROCKING. LOOKING LIKE THE YANKS OF OLD, EH BAY BAY! BODY88 ON SUICIDE WATCH!

Yeah it looked pretty bad...Arod is pretty good

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 05:53:09 AM »
Nice job by Youk's charging the mound and ending up flat on his back ;)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 07:01:06 AM »
haha i saw that

pathetic

got tossed by a 21 y/o marathon runner  ::)

redsox nation took a loss for that one

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 07:09:05 AM »
Nice job by Youk's charging the mound and ending up flat on his back ;)

Right.. i thought it was on.. then i ws like "um..thats it..run up to get beat down"

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 09:21:48 AM »
No offense guys, especially since I am friends with one of the coaches, but shouldn't the Yankees take the division every year with their line up?

How much you wanna bet Jeter is on that list?   ;D
Squishy face retard

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 10:12:58 AM »
No offense guys, especially since I am friends with one of the coaches, but shouldn't the Yankees take the division every year with their line up?

How much you wanna bet Jeter is on that list?   ;D

if he is...it wont come out

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 05:09:30 PM »
if he is...it wont come out

That would just about crush any Yankee fan.  It's almost worse than Manny or Ortiz, although I expected those two to be on there.  I knew Arod was on there; to me that was a given.
Squishy face retard

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 07:41:07 PM »
nothing gayer than a baseball 'fight'.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 07:44:55 PM »
nothing gayer than a baseball 'fight'.
Yeah there is, a basketball fight.
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 07:20:15 AM »
Oh man, I go on vacation for 2 weeks and all the Yankees fans our out pounding their chest over their yearly end-of-season hot streak.  Then the playoffs come and they are one in done.

We'll see what the story is in 7 weeks.

body88

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 07:22:10 AM »
BOSTON was out played,outfielded,outhit,bullpens matched up head to head and that 15 inning game was classic,i'll give beckett credit he is one tough sob.i still think boston will get closer again they have great team too,but yankee bats are potent 1-9 boston has some holes there.

Whats the Yankees record vs the sox this year?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 07:29:16 AM »

Welcome back....to second place ;D

body88

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 07:48:26 AM »

Welcome back....to second place ;D

This is true, but whats the Yankees record vs the Sox this year?  I didn't see any Yankees fans talking trash then  :)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 07:53:17 AM »
I AGREE ,THE YANKEES WERE OUTPLAYED,OUTFIELDED,NO CLUTCH HITS,OR COMEBACK WINS.NOW DIFFERENT TEAM AND THEY FOUND THERE CHEMISTRY AND GROOVE,THEY BEAT TORONTO WITH ANOTHER 11TH INNING WIN ,THEY ARE A CAN'T LOSE AT HOME,AND U KNOW IT BODY 88,I SAID BOSTON IS GOOD AND WE;LL BE THERE TILL THE END,THEY HAVE TO GET GOING OFFENSIVLEY.

body88

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 09:06:32 AM »
I AGREE ,THE YANKEES WERE OUTPLAYED,OUTFIELDED,NO CLUTCH HITS,OR COMEBACK WINS.NOW DIFFERENT TEAM AND THEY FOUND THERE CHEMISTRY AND GROOVE,THEY BEAT TORONTO WITH ANOTHER 11TH INNING WIN ,THEY ARE A CAN'T LOSE AT HOME,AND U KNOW IT BODY 88,I SAID BOSTON IS GOOD AND WE;LL BE THERE TILL THE END,THEY HAVE TO GET GOING OFFENSIVLEY.

I base my opinion on what I have seen over a whole season.  Not a small sample size or one good series.  As a whole the sox smashed the Yankees over the course of the year.  The sox are also very healthy, and when they get hot again, they can beat the Yankees. The Yankees "can't lose at home"?  We'll see what things look like in seven weeks and when the playoffs start. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 09:23:12 AM »
I base my opinion on what I have seen over a whole season.  Not a small sample size or one good series.  As a whole the sox smashed the Yankees over the course of the year.  The sox are also very healthy, and when they get hot again, they can beat the Yankees. The Yankees "can't lose at home"?  We'll see what things look like in seven weeks and when the playoffs start. 

I agree with you mostly about the "whole year" concept, but the Yankees have a completely different bullpen now, didn't have ARod for a month, and Teixeira was receiving cortisone injections and couldn't take BP.  They're a different team now that they were in 5 of those wins.

Conversely, the sox rotation went from an impressive Beckett/Lester/Matsuzaka/Wakefield/Penny to Beckett/Lester/Penny/Buchholz/Tazawa.  In my view, that's a major downgrade.  Now, it's entirely possible if the sox make the playoffs, they could ride their 1-2 punch through the whole thing, but getting there is going to be much more difficult with the rotation they have.
Y

body88

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 11:52:52 AM »
I agree with you mostly about the "whole year" concept, but the Yankees have a completely different bullpen now, didn't have ARod for a month, and Teixeira was receiving cortisone injections and couldn't take BP.  They're a different team now that they were in 5 of those wins.

Conversely, the sox rotation went from an impressive Beckett/Lester/Matsuzaka/Wakefield/Penny to Beckett/Lester/Penny/Buchholz/Tazawa.  In my view, that's a major downgrade.  Now, it's entirely possible if the sox make the playoffs, they could ride their 1-2 punch through the whole thing, but getting there is going to be much more difficult with the rotation they have.

I don't think it's THAT much of a downgrade at all.  Your talking about Wake and Matsuzaka vs Bucholz and Tazawa, essentially. The 4th and 5th starters. Who says Wake wont be back fresh for the playoffs? Beckett, Lester, Penny, Wake and Bucholz for the playoffs?  I'll take that all day and twice on Sundays.  Infact, their starting pitching has been their biggest strength during these tough times.  The sox are healthy and guys are heating back up at the plate.  Over the last four games Bay and Lowell in particular.  Martinez will be the dh soon and when Youk gets back I fully expect the sox to bounce back from this rough patch.  All the Yankee fans pounding their chests are in for a surprise.  Just watch.

The last time the sox won the whole thing they rode their 1+2 punch and solid performances by dice k through the whole thing.  Penny is more than capable of flanking stud performances by Beckett and Lester in the playoffs.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 12:01:06 PM »

thank you for adding substance to your post other than the normal "this team just sucks cause i dont like them" bs. im not a Yank or Redsox fan but the rivalry is the best in sports.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 01:18:16 PM »
I don't think it's THAT much of a downgrade at all.  Your talking about Wake and Matsuzaka vs Bucholz and Tazawa, essentially. The 4th and 5th starters. Who says Wake wont be back fresh for the playoffs? Beckett, Lester, Penny, Wake and Bucholz for the playoffs?  I'll take that all day and twice on Sundays.  Infact, their starting pitching has been their biggest strength during these tough times.  The sox are healthy and guys are heating back up at the plate.  Over the last four games Bay and Lowell in particular.  Martinez will be the dh soon and when Youk gets back I fully expect the sox to bounce back from this rough patch.  All the Yankee fans pounding their chests are in for a surprise.  Just watch.

The last time the sox won the whole thing they rode their 1+2 punch and solid performances by dice k through the whole thing.  Penny is more than capable of flanking stud performances by Beckett and Lester in the playoffs.

I guess it comes down to you believing in your SP and me thinking it's pretty average, as currently constructed.  All that gets thrown out in the playoffs, of course, when anything can happen.  As for the rest of the season, though, it could be tough.  Penny is now the #3, which IS actually a big downgrade.

As for Buchholz, I always said he should have been given the #5 spot out of ST.   The sox could have covered him with their original 1-4.  Sign Smoltz, fine.  But not Smoltz AND Penny, which cost Buchholz significant MLB experience.

This next road trip could define the season for the sox.  They're playing teams that are contending for the WC, and the sox have a negative .107 OPS differential on the road than when at Fenway.

ALSO BODY:  If you'd rather respond by just posting pictures of any women you may have photos of from your Italy trip, instead of actually discussing baseball, that's quite all right.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 07:06:40 AM »
Another good series in Fenway this weekend 8)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 06:26:26 AM »
Another beatdown 8)

wonder if the Sox will even make the playoffs....

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 02:11:04 PM »
Sox 1-2 pitchers erases the regular season and makes them a tough opponent in short playoff series.

I hope they don't get there, on the sheer fact I want the Yankees to face Texas in the first round.  No Verlanders, no Lackeys, etc.....Yanks match up very favorably against Texas.

After that, they hold the advantage in a best of seven over anyone left.  Happ, Lee and Hamels could be a tough WS opponent, though.  Anyone can win it once the playoffs start, though.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »
Sox 1-2 pitchers erases the regular season and makes them a tough opponent in short playoff series.

I hope they don't get there, on the sheer fact I want the Yankees to face Texas in the first round.  No Verlanders, no Lackeys, etc.....Yanks match up very favorably against Texas.

After that, they hold the advantage in a best of seven over anyone left.  Happ, Lee and Hamels could be a tough WS opponent, though.  Anyone can win it once the playoffs start, though.
+
VERLANDER ,LACKEY ARE TOUGH,THAT SCARES ME ESP ANAHEIM,THEY MANAFACTURE RUNS AND DEFENSE IS SUPERB.BECKET HAS BEEN GETTING HAMMERED LAST COUPLE STARTS,HE COULD STILL WIN CY THOUGH IF HE GETS FEW MORE WINS,I LIKE TO SEE CC FINISH AS HIGH AS TOP 3 FOR CY.YANKS HAVE FIREPOWER ALL THROUGH LINEUP.