Author Topic: The Human Body Only Requires 2,000-2,500 Calories Per Day to Gain Muscle  (Read 4506 times)

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
I am both amazed and appalled at how many people on this board actually believe the completely unsubstantiated claims that human beings might need more than 2,500 calories per day to "maintain" weight. Let me break this down for all of you, since it seems as though none of you have attended a university level nutrition or exercise science class let alone a post-graduate human physiology class.

While humans come in all shapes and sizes, our internal organs are relatively the same with various hormonal and slight size differences depending on danger. There is no such thing as maintenance calories, lean mass is maintained by macronutrients, fat is stored as a result of excess caloric values and un-utilized macronutrients. The only necessary caloric value is the amount needed to maintain simple biological functions. This number is rarely ever more than 1,100-1,500. Anyone that claims they need 3,000+ calories to maintain their weight is most likely at 15-20 percent bodyfat and really are storing about 500-700 of their excess calories as fat and another 300-600 burned during resistance training. It is often difficult for the untrained eye to notice 0.25-0.5lbs of fat gained per week, furthermore, most people following these absurd high calorie diets are under 30 years old or on anabolic drugs. The high levels of testosterone increase nitrogen reuptake and divert fat storage and direct a greater percentage of nutrients to muscle building.

Hopefully this simplified synopsis helps you guys understand how the natural bodybuilder's physiology works and thus creates the nutritional demands that I have outlined in previous posts.

- HR

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
What is the meaning of life, HR?
X

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
What is the meaning of life, HR?
that will cost you 3500 calories
p

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
that will cost you 3500 calories

Well, since I only need 2500, that means I have a 1000 in storage. :D
X

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
I am both amazed and appalled at how many people on this board actually believe the completely unsubstantiated claims that human beings might need more than 2,500 calories per day to "maintain" weight. Let me break this down for all of you, since it seems as though none of you have attended a university level nutrition or exercise science class let alone a post-graduate human physiology class.

While humans come in all shapes and sizes, our internal organs are relatively the same with various hormonal and slight size differences depending on danger. There is no such thing as maintenance calories, lean mass is maintained by macronutrients, fat is stored as a result of excess caloric values and un-utilized macronutrients. The only necessary caloric value is the amount needed to maintain simple biological functions. This number is rarely ever more than 1,100-1,500. Anyone that claims they need 3,000+ calories to maintain their weight is most likely at 15-20 percent bodyfat and really are storing about 500-700 of their excess calories as fat and another 300-600 burned during resistance training. It is often difficult for the untrained eye to notice 0.25-0.5lbs of fat gained per week, furthermore, most people following these absurd high calorie diets are under 30 years old or on anabolic drugs. The high levels of testosterone increase nitrogen reuptake and divert fat storage and direct a greater percentage of nutrients to muscle building.

Hopefully this simplified synopsis helps you guys understand how the natural bodybuilder's physiology works and thus creates the nutritional demands that I have outlined in previous posts.

- HR

Calorie requirement for physical workload doesn't apply  ::) Strong post.

You are definitively a previous user on this board. And then, one day, you went insane and decided to came back with this delirious shit..

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Calorie requirement for physical workload doesn't apply  ::) Strong post.

You are definitively a previous user on this board. And then, one day, you went insane and decided to came back with this delirious shit..

This is not a forum for people whose main goal is to lose weight through burned calories. As a bodybuilding forum my assumption is that people here want to gain muscle mass. Muscle mass is built with protein, the calories burned during resistance training are unimportant to the equation since post workout nutrition (and overall daily consumption) repairs the microtears and glycogen depletion caused by the resistance training. If your goal is to lose weight, I advocate aerobic cardiovascular activity which burns calories.

io856

oh dear lord this has to be a gimmick

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
This is not a forum for people whose main goal is to lose weight through burned calories. As a bodybuilding forum my assumption is that people here want to gain muscle mass. Muscle mass is built with protein, the calories burned during resistance training are unimportant to the equation since post workout nutrition (and overall daily consumption) repairs the microtears and glycogen depletion caused by the resistance training. If your goal is to lose weight, I advocate aerobic cardiovascular activity which burns calories.

I advocate you stop putting other men's penises in your mouth

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
LOL  :)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan

I'm sure that's the only way he gets that massive .25 grams of protein per pound...By getting it straight from the tap. ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?

Something tells me NeitherHugeNorRipped would rather stop breathing hahaha.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Falcon approved.

Tito24

• Getbig V
Falcon approved.

next he'll be recommending, brewers years, massive intake of sea salt, coffee, 1 cup ice cream per 54 reps, lemon juice

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice

- HR

its not so much that youare a gimmick, its that your not at all funny.......please kill yourself

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V

next he'll be recommending, brewers years, massive intake of sea salt, coffee, 1 cup ice cream per 54 reps, lemon juice
;D ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163

You forgot cups of olive oil, crack, cocaine, heroine, weed, paint thinner and cheap hillbilly sluts.  ;D

io856

You forgot cups of olive oil, crack, cocaine, heroine, weed, paint thinner and cheap hillbilly sluts.  ;D

no way falcon could afford that

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V

And standing and posting. ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
no way falcon could afford that

Well, he admitted to all of that.  ;D

Tito24

• Getbig V

Thanks brother for pointing that out.

DK II

• Getbig V
Thanks brother for pointing that out.

You're welcome!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
HAHAHA, Johnny Fucklin posting under new gimmick.

DK II

• Getbig V

- HR

::) ::)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
i only eat 6 calories a week...

bench