Author Topic: The Democrat Mid-Term Massacre of 2018 is Going To Be AMAZING!!!  (Read 98808 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: The Democrat Mid-Term Massacre of 2018 is Going To Be AMAZING!!!
« Reply #525 on: November 05, 2018, 02:57:05 PM »
Democrats traumatized by 2016 are having pre-midterms nightmares

Despite forecasts of a Democratic House takeover, liberals grappling with 'PTSD' are braced for another surprise election disaster.

On the eve of the midterms, President Donald Trump’s approval is falling, young voters are energized, and Republicans look poised to lose their House majority.

It’s enough to make Democrats nervous, miserable wrecks.

Haunted by memories of 2016, liberals around the country are riven with anxiety in the campaign’s homestretch. They’re suspicious of favorable polls and making election night contingency plans in case their worst fears come true. Some report literal nightmares about a Democratic wipeout.

“We're kind of just in the bed-wetting phase now," said Democratic pollster John Anzalone, a Hillary Clinton campaign alumnus who spent election night 2016 in Clinton’s Manhattan war room.

Two years later, even thinking about the prospect of a repeat of that night’s letdown is still too much for many Democrats to bear.

“Stop it!” shouted Nadeam Elshami, a former chief of staff to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, when asked about that possibility. To be fair, the possibility has literally haunted his dreams.

Elshami, who is now a Washington lobbyist, said that after staying up late reading campaign coverage and polls one recent night, he dreamed about watching tense House election results. His dream concluded with a Democratic House, but he doesn’t consider that a prophecy, and he said the pre-election knot in his stomach is tighter this year than ever before.

Anzalone said the shock of Donald Trump’s upset victory, which was missed by most forecasts, still hangs over many in the party. “There’s some PTSD,” he said.

That is not an exaggeration. A study published last month in the Journal of American College Health found that one-quarter of college students experienced “clinically significant” symptoms of trauma from the 2016 election results.

At Vassar College in upstate New York, the college Democrats are moving their results-watching party to a new venue over concerns that revisiting the scene of their 2016 letdown would be too upsetting for some students, according to a member of the group. At Brown University in Rhode Island, the College Democrats have taken the same precaution after experiencing a “collective flashback” to Trump’s victory during a discussion of election night planning.

A September AP/MTV poll found that 61 percent of Democrats ages 15 to 34 reported feeling anxious over the midterms, up 22 percentage points from July.

But pre-midterm stress syndrome isn’t afflicting only young people: A YouGov survey released Friday found that Democrats are 50 percent more likely than Republicans to report that they are “eating their feelings” ahead of the midterms. Other recent polling has registered high levels of stress among Democrats ahead of Tuesday’s elections.

For many traumatized Democrats, heading into Tuesday feels like flying again after surviving a plane crash. Some say the stakes feel even higher than in 2016: It was one thing for Trump to win in an electoral fluke, despite losing the popular vote, when he was still a political newcomer. It will be downright terrifying, they say, if Americans can’t place a check on him after two years of his megalomaniacal rule.

"I'm old enough to remember when The New York Times gave Hillary Clinton an 85 percent chance of winning on election night and to have been traumatized by the New York Times election needle," said Ezra Levin, who co-founded the Resistance organization Indivisible with his wife, Leah, after their election night gathering turned into the worst house party of their lives.

Many liberals consider it bad luck — or, worse, an excuse for apathy — to embrace talk of big Democratic gains on Tuesday.

When House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi predicted to "Late Show" host Stephen Colbert last week that Democrats “will win” the House, the liberal comedian worried she might be jinxing the outcome.

“Please don’t say that,” Colbert replied. “Do you want to say that on Hillary’s fireworks barge that she canceled?” (Clinton’s campaign had prepared a fireworks display to celebrate her expected 2016 win.)

Perhaps reflecting a once-bitten, twice-shy mentality, national Democratic leaders had not announced election night plans as of press time. In 2006, the last time they waged a midterm campaign against an unpopular incumbent, they rang in their landslide victory with an all-night, open bar bash at which over 1,000 revelers spread across two ballrooms at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/11/04/2018-elections-democrats-2016-nightmares-midterms-960458

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #526 on: November 05, 2018, 03:37:52 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #527 on: November 05, 2018, 05:38:57 PM »
I love how the cable news shows are predicting the outcome of the midterm elections. Most predictors seem fairly cautious about forecasting tomorrow night's outcome.

The polls indicate Democrats will take the house but not the Senate. Oregon's gubernatorial candidates are almost tied with Governor Brown having a very slight lead. Greg Walden, Oregon's only Republican U.S. Representative who has held that seat for two decades will likely win again. Kurt Schrader (D) who is the incumbent U.S. Representative is the likely winner from my district, with a 6-7 chance of winning. Rachel Prusak (D) is the Oregon House candidate I endorsed and campaigned for. Hope she wins. It's time for a change.

Personally, I'm happy that the midterms are nearly done. No campaign phone calls today, just a couple of mailers. They'd be wasting their time anyway since I voted a couple of weeks ago.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #528 on: November 05, 2018, 06:16:40 PM »
How do you propose to "put an end to it?"

There have been homeless people since the dawn of time.

In 2005, an estimated 100 million (1 in 65 at the time) people worldwide were homeless and as many as 1 billion people live as squatters, refugees or in temporary shelter, all lacking adequate housing.

In 2017 there were around 554,000 homeless people in the United States, or 0.17% of the population.

California has the largest number of homeless people @ about 140,000

New York City has around 80,000 homeless people. DC has the highest rate of homelessness.

Don't feed 'em.  Don't give them "shelter".  Don't give them anything but shit.  WTF, you take them into your home then.  Most of the dipshits are mentally ill but you can't keep crazy people "locked up", can you?  You can't protect society from lunatics, can you?

"There have been homeless people since the dawn of time."  FFS, talk about a blanket statement.  And blanket statements are meant to smother the truth.  I hope you take them in.  I hope they shit all over your lawn and your life and this after you pay your $60 tax to build them a "home".

Like Coleman, you've made your bed and then shat in it.  You and other virtue signaling cucks deserve to suffer the indignation of your pathetic sentiments.  You take them in and you take care of them and all at not only your expense but your risk.  These cankers don't want a job.  They're loons.  And they're coming for you and your kind.  But no, you want to pawn them off on everyone else.  Fuck your noise, kiddo.

Build mental institutions and put them back in there for good.  If people want "civil rights" then they best behave as civilized beings.  These shitasses do not.    Fuck Portland to hell.

Happy now, you barely sentient mentally crippled 1960s love child of an idiot?  FFS. Pathetic.  Go on.  Welcome them into your home, ace.  Like hell you will. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #529 on: November 05, 2018, 06:22:00 PM »
Don't feed 'em.  Don't give them "shelter".  Don't give them anything but shit.  WTF, you take them into your home then.  Most of the dipshits are mentally ill but you can't keep crazy people "locked up", can you?  You can't protect society from lunatics, can you?

"There have been homeless people since the dawn of time."  FFS, talk about a blanket statement.  And blanket statements are meant to smother the truth.  I hope you take them in.  I hope they shit all over your lawn and your life and this after you pay your $60 tax to build them a "home".

Like Coleman, you've made your bed and then shat in it.  You and other virtue signaling cucks deserve to suffer the indignation of your pathetic sentiments.  You take them in and you take care of them and all at not only your expense but your risk.  These cankers don't want a job.  They're loons.  And they're coming for you and your kind.  But no, you want to pawn them off on everyone else.  Fuck your noise, kiddo.

Build mental institutions and put them back in there for good.  If people want "civil rights" then they best behave as civilized beings.  These shitasses do not.    Fuck Portland to hell.

Happy now, you barely sentient mentally crippled 1960s love child of an idiot?  FFS. Pathetic.  Go on.  Welcome them into your home, ace.  Like hell you will. 

This might just be the king of all meltdowns.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #530 on: November 06, 2018, 05:39:30 AM »
Poly - any final pre election thoughts?

Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #531 on: November 06, 2018, 08:47:42 AM »
Poly - any final pre election thoughts?

I'm still bullish for the GOP.

I think I'm leaning 56 seats in the Senate for Republicans AND they will lose seats in the House but retain about +3 to keep the gavel.

Give me a few more hours to look over some stuff and I'll put something together a little more concrete.

I'll definitely be here posting race updates tonight though.

Does someone else want to start an official mid term thread for tonight or should we post new threads for every race? How do you all want to do this?

Or we can keep it all in here? It really doesn't matter to me.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #532 on: November 06, 2018, 08:51:54 AM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #533 on: November 06, 2018, 12:29:10 PM »
HERE’S WHAT TIME THE POLLS CLOSE FOR THE 2018 MIDTERMS

In some cases, polls have multiple closing times per state. In those cases, the time of first closing is listed here:

6:00pm EST: Indiana, Kentucky

7:00pm EST: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia

7:30pm EST: North Carolina, Ohio, West Virginia

8:00pm EST: Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas

8:30pm EST: Arkansas

9:00pm EST: New York, Minnesota,  Nebraska, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico, Arizona, Wisconsin, Wyoming

10:00pm EST: Iowa, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Montana, Oregon

11:00pm EST: California, Washington, Hawaii

12:00am EST: Alaska

The 2018 midterm elections have already seen a record number of early votes cast and turnout is expected to drastically outpace the 2014 midterm elections. President Donald Trump has spent nearly a month on the campaign trail telling voters to act as if he himself is on the ballot.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/06/heres-what-time-the-polls-close-2018-midterms/

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #534 on: November 06, 2018, 01:09:39 PM »
Okay here's my final thoughts and predictions.

The GOP is very exposed in regards to the House in states like California, Minnesota and New Jersey.

A Democratic victory and Speaker Pelosi for 2 years might actually be beneficial to a Trump 2020 presidential run because he will own the optics and make her look even more ridiculous than she already does. It will be Trump vs. Pelosi almost daily for 2 years.

I am still going with a narrow +3 Republican advantage in the House for 2019.

Here's my pick for the Senate battlegrounds.

Republicans win:
North Dakota
Missouri
Indiana
Arizona
Texas
Florida
West Virginia
Montana

Democrats win:
Nevada
New Jersey
Ohio
Minnesota
Michigan

Some thoughts:

As horrible and corrupt as Democrat Menendez is I think Jersey is just too blue to flip.

I feel nervous about the Florida Rick Scott pick even though I think he'll pull through. High turnout for Gubernatorial candidate Gillum could really hurt Scott it voters vote Democrat slate.

James in West Virginia could be the surprise win of the night. Good looking guy. Military and small business background. Not sure if it will be enough though.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #535 on: November 06, 2018, 01:26:15 PM »
Nate Silver says 88% chance of Dems taking the House....that's quite a few seats to win and just happens to be the range that Hillary was supposed to win by. If he's that far wrong again I would think his cred is toast. At some point you have to factor in the silent majority that don't poll or eliminate the other factors/biases that are throwing things off.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #536 on: November 06, 2018, 01:26:55 PM »
Okay here's my final thoughts and predictions.

The GOP is very exposed in regards to the House in states like California, Minnesota and New Jersey.

A Democratic victory and Speaker Pelosi for 2 years might actually be beneficial to a Trump 2020 presidential run because he will own the optics and make her look even more ridiculous than she already does. It will be Trump vs. Pelosi almost daily for 2 years.

I am still going with a narrow +3 Republican advantage in the House for 2019.

Here's my pick for the Senate battlegrounds.

Republicans win:
North Dakota
Missouri
Indiana
Arizona
Texas
Florida
West Virginia
Montana

Democrats win:
Nevada
New Jersey
Ohio
Minnesota
Michigan

Some thoughts:

As horrible and corrupt as Democrat Menendez is I think Jersey is just too blue to flip.

I feel nervous about the Florida Rick Scott pick even though I think he'll pull through. High turnout for Gubernatorial candidate Gillum could really hurt Scott it voters vote Democrat slate.

James in West Virginia could be the surprise win of the night. Good looking guy. Military and small business background. Not sure if it will be enough though.

Good thoughtful post with some actual political analysis.

Here's my 2 cents as we await the poll closings and final results:

Dems will also win senate race in AZ, Indiana, FL, WV, Montana and Missouri. Maybe Tenn ( Bredsen vs Blackburn due to high turn out ).

Dems take back the house with a minimum pick up of 33 seats.

FL senate and Gov race both go dem due to popularity and turn our for Gillum
Ga 6th and 7th districts could go dem in the house, but it's close like the GOV race.

In Ga ya gotta get 50% to win, so with a Libertarian for Gov on ballot getting 2%,

it could be 49/49 for Abrams and Kemp headed for  run off next month.

However, due to the high turn out , it could be Abrams with 51-52% tonight and the win.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #537 on: November 06, 2018, 06:01:14 PM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #538 on: November 06, 2018, 06:06:24 PM »
2 higher profile Senate races just got called:

Democrat Menendez picks up New Jersey

Republican Blackburn picks up Tennessee

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #539 on: November 06, 2018, 06:19:04 PM »
2 more big Senate races:

Democrat Manchin wins West Virginia.

Republican Braun flips Indiana.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #540 on: November 06, 2018, 06:49:51 PM »
The house flipped but this ain’t no blue wave. CNN is crying

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #541 on: November 06, 2018, 06:58:32 PM »
The house flipped but this ain’t no blue wave. CNN is crying

Yeah Fox just reported that.

Like I said earlier, I think Pelosi will be a good foil for Trump plus she will face some issues concerning her position as leader from within the Democratic Party. Trump can turn this into a positive in his bid for 2020.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #542 on: November 06, 2018, 07:04:18 PM »
Republican Senator Kramer just flipped North Dakota.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #543 on: November 06, 2018, 07:18:38 PM »
NBC just called Ted Cruz the winner in Texas

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #544 on: November 06, 2018, 07:20:29 PM »
NBC just called Ted Cruz the winner in Texas

Good.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #545 on: November 06, 2018, 08:09:05 PM »
Republican Hawley flips Missouri Senate seat.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #546 on: November 06, 2018, 10:10:49 PM »
Ohio, Florida and Texas held. Got rid of that RINO Kasich in Ohio but still have Sherrod Brown. Beto was all hype. Gillum all hype. Abrams looks like she's out in Georgia. Obama and Oprah can't move the votes...

Pelosi can barely speak for 10 minutes in front of a crowd...bring that kind of weak opposition and guarantee a 2020 re-election.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #547 on: November 07, 2018, 01:21:20 AM »
Democrats take control of the House, but Trump voters bolster Republicans in the Senate

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-voters-carry-republicans-victory-senate-house-teeters-edge-041422472.html

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #548 on: November 07, 2018, 02:00:14 AM »
Yeah Fox just reported that.

Like I said earlier, I think Pelosi will be a good foil for Trump plus she will face some issues concerning her position as leader from within the Democratic Party. Trump can turn this into a positive in his bid for 2020.

Concur.

Furthermore...
I don't think it's uncommon for midterm elections to swing like this. Critics blamed 0bama for losing something like 66 seats, and I suspect Trump critics will blame him for last night's shift in the House.

Not only do I believe your speculation above, Poly, but some analysts claim that - statistically speaking - things in general run smoother and more effectively with a balance of power between House and Senate, Congress and President, etc... Kind of a system of checks and balances phenomenon.

As a right-leaning independent, I'm still an independent, and I genuinely don't want to see either party completely emasculated.
Republicans still have the Senate.
The Dems regained a great deal of power last night.
Trump is in the highest office.

Everybody's got a voice now, and no one side's got "absolute power."
I DON'T think last night marks any kind of downfall.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #549 on: November 07, 2018, 02:00:41 AM »
The blue (hair) wave commences.

Like the dog that finally catches the car, Pelosi and Waters will yap at wheels they cannot bite.