Author Topic: The Democrat Mid-Term Massacre of 2018 is Going To Be AMAZING!!!  (Read 98795 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: The Democrat Mid-Term Massacre of 2018 is Going To Be AMAZING!!!
« Reply #600 on: November 08, 2018, 01:54:53 PM »
If you vote for a misogynistic pathological liar, you are in fact..

If you voted for Bill Clinton, then you stuck a cigar up Monica Lewinsky's vagina, at the Oval Office.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #601 on: November 08, 2018, 03:46:49 PM »
The young intern assaulted him. Let's get it straight. There is a video of it. Nothing to dispute. Yes, Acosta was annoying, I wouldn't have heart burn if he was banned for being obnoxious, but the reason given by Sanderson is just another clear lie his base eats up with relish

says the "ex-cop"
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #602 on: November 08, 2018, 05:27:01 PM »
The young intern assaulted him. Let's get it straight. There is a video of it. Nothing to dispute. Yes, Acosta was annoying, I wouldn't have heart burn if he was banned for being obnoxious, but the reason given by Sanderson is just another clear lie his base eats up with relish

Absurd.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #603 on: November 08, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »
KARATE CHOP

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #605 on: November 08, 2018, 06:18:31 PM »
The young intern assaulted him. Let's get it straight. There is a video of it. Nothing to dispute.
You can't be serious ???
The video clearly shows him karate chopping her arm when she reaches for the microphone. Look at the gifs above^^
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #606 on: November 09, 2018, 03:35:51 PM »
Question- Did you vote for Bill Clinton

No, but Coaches comment goes both ways

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #607 on: November 09, 2018, 03:47:20 PM »
No, but Coaches comment goes both ways

Hmmm ok
So you’ve fairly recently switched to backing obama & Killary ?
Previous to that you were a Republican voter ?
If so why the change of mind.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #608 on: November 09, 2018, 09:34:38 PM »
Hmmm ok
So you’ve fairly recently switched to backing obama & Killary ?
Previous to that you were a Republican voter ?
If so why the change of mind.

I vote candidates not party. Voted Reagan. Bush Sr, Bush Jr first term. Al gore was the last vote cast for President. Some times I don't care which one wins, sometimes I don't want either to win. In those cases, I don't vote

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #609 on: November 09, 2018, 10:27:01 PM »
I vote candidates not party. Voted Reagan. Bush Sr, Bush Jr first term. Al gore was the last vote cast for President. Some times I don't care which one wins, sometimes I don't want either to win. In those cases, I don't vote

I struggle with this way of thinking/voting.  "W" may have been the swellest guy on planet earth and Gore the biggest dolt.  But voting candidate over party and by party I am referring to platform and beliefs we get calamities like the Iraq war and subsequent economic collapse of 2008. 

You either believe in something or you don't.  I will always vote for the candidate of the party whose agenda I believe in.  We had a pretty good night here in Michigan this week.  Whitmer won the governorship by about 10 points but Stabenow only retained her senate seat by 5-6 points.  How in gods green earth can you vote for Gretchen Whitmer on one hand and John James on the other?  In Ohio Sherrod Brown retained his senate seat by double digits.  Mike Dewine won the governorship by 5 points.  That means 15% of the people that voted Brown who is a liberal voted for Dewine who is a conservative. 

I just don't get it. 

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #610 on: November 10, 2018, 07:23:23 AM »
I struggle with this way of thinking/voting.  "W" may have been the swellest guy on planet earth and Gore the biggest dolt.  But voting candidate over party and by party I am referring to platform and beliefs we get calamities like the Iraq war and subsequent economic collapse of 2008. 

You either believe in something or you don't.  I will always vote for the candidate of the party whose agenda I believe in.  We had a pretty good night here in Michigan this week.  Whitmer won the governorship by about 10 points but Stabenow only retained her senate seat by 5-6 points.  How in gods green earth can you vote for Gretchen Whitmer on one hand and John James on the other?  In Ohio Sherrod Brown retained his senate seat by double digits.  Mike Dewine won the governorship by 5 points.  That means 15% of the people that voted Brown who is a liberal voted for Dewine who is a conservative. 

I just don't get it. 

For once, we agree on something. In your cases the individuals are pretty much polar opposites so it makes no sense the odd voting pattern.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #611 on: November 10, 2018, 09:24:25 AM »
Jim Acosta assaulted a young, female intern at the White House.

Most white liberals are closet racists, and most black and Hispanic liberals are closet homophobes.  Jim Acosta is a closet misogynist too.

Loco, I actually wouldn't accuse either of them of "assault." It appears that many words have been hi-jacked by various groups for political agenda. For example, the word "trauma" is being hi-jacked by the Liberals and Progressives, who are now attributing every minute experience to a "trauma." This is extremely dangerous, as it "waters down" the true meaning of the word. This, of course, is not my original idea. Nick Haslam, a Social Psychologist, developed the term "Concept Creep" in one of his seminal papers. It's titled, "
Concept Creep: Psychology's Expanding Concepts of Harm and Pathology." Funny thing, is that Haslam contends that "Concept Cree" is the work of a liberal moral agenda, which I agree with him--Liberals/Progressives have hi-jacked many words and applying them to mundane experiences, which dilutes the true meaning and experience of the word. Though, conservatives do it, when they say that Christianity is "under attack." Both sides do it, but liberals/progressives/democrats do it A LOT more!!

This is the abstract from the paper:

"Many of psychology's concepts have undergone semantic shifts in recent years. These conceptual changes follow a consistent trend. Concepts that refer to the negative aspects of human experience and behavior have expanded their meanings so that they now encompass a much broader range of phenomena than before. This expansion takes “horizontal” and “vertical” forms: concepts extend outward to capture qualitatively new phenomena and downward to capture quantitatively less extreme phenomena. The concepts of abuse, bullying, trauma, mental disorder, addiction, and prejudice are examined to illustrate these historical changes. In each case, the concept's boundary has stretched and its meaning has dilated. A variety of explanations for this pattern of “concept creep” are considered and its implications are explored. I contend that the expansion primarily reflects an ever-increasing sensitivity to harm, reflecting a liberal moral agenda. Its implications are ambivalent, however. Although conceptual change is inevitable and often well motivated, concept creep runs the risk of pathologizing everyday experience and encouraging a sense of virtuous but impotent victimhood."

So, basically, we are taken certain words and expanding their meaning, where they encompass a variety of human experiences, both qualitatively and quantitatively. The whole thing with Jim Acosta--people are using the word "assault." Really? Clearly, it's political ideologies engaging in Concept Creep to expand the term "assault" to include the most minute human experience to push their political agendas.

Heres a link to his paper:

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/1047840X.2016.1082418?journalCode=hpli20
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #612 on: November 10, 2018, 09:25:17 AM »
That's been true for the past 20 years.
BUT, it wasn't as partisan   when I started voting 40 yrs ago .

Reagan won 49 states in 1984 ( re-election) and worked well with dem house leader Tip O'Neil.

Shut up, Howard.
X

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #613 on: November 10, 2018, 10:54:19 AM »
Loco, I actually wouldn't accuse either of them of "assault." It appears that many words have been hi-jacked by various groups for political agenda.

I know, and I agree. That's exactly it.  I was making a point that the liberals' hi-jacking of these words goes both ways.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #614 on: November 10, 2018, 11:11:01 AM »
I know, and I agree. That's exactly it.  I was making a point that the liberals' hi-jacking of these words goes both ways.

It really started with a "moral" liberal agenda, which is likely now being used by the Right as well, for their own political agendas.

Groups are literally just applying these words to ANY human experience and diluting the true meaning of the word.

The fact that anyone is referring to the incident with Acosta and the intern as "assault" is mind boggling. Geez, imagine how these people would react if they WERE really physically assaulted.  :-\ :-\
X

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #615 on: November 10, 2018, 11:14:33 AM »
Yeah, assault used to be like getting smashed in the face, now it is a touch.  Sexual assault used to be rape now it is looking at a woman and making her feel creepy.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #616 on: November 10, 2018, 11:21:01 AM »
Yeah, assault used to be like getting smashed in the face, now it is a touch.  Sexual assault used to be rape now it is looking at a woman and making her feel creepy.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #617 on: November 10, 2018, 11:25:57 AM »

Ah, Big Trouble...

A very underrated and often overlooked cinematic triumph of the early 21st century.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #618 on: November 10, 2018, 11:48:12 AM »

I just don't get it. 

On any given Sunday you are right. There are exceptions in my opinion. I was voting Republican up until George Bush Jr's 2nd term. I was so pissed he went into Iraq without what I thought was good cause and after that, I wanted anyone but him. I like the "talk" of Republicans being conservative fiscally. I haven't seen much of that lately. I like the historical support they give the military and law enforcement. I am pro choice and anti religion in government and I don't mind helping those in need, so there are things in the other platform I like. If I could combine the best parts from either party I think I could stick with one. I didn't vote in the last election for a couple reasons. 1, I couldn't stand Trumps arrogance, lack of character and his bullying personality. But I didn't like Hillary either. I thought Hillary would win, and I preferred her probably 60% to 40% over Trump because I thought with the Republican house and senate she would be limited in the damage she could do over 4 years.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #619 on: November 10, 2018, 12:07:50 PM »
Trump really expanded his executive powers and strengthened his judicial influence with this big senate victory outcome.

With Bob Corker, Jeff Flake and John McCain out of the way he replaces 3 thorns in his side with 3 loyal Senators. It is basically now The Trump senate. Alabama will almost certainly flip red in 2020 btw.

He might see some push back from Murkoski and a self aggrandizing, egotistical Mitt Romney but beyond that he will not see much opposition to his agenda in the upper chamber. Perhaps an occasional virtue signaling barb from Ben Sasse.

Jeff Sessions is out with more people in his cabinet to come. With a likely 54 seat majority in the Senate, confirming that pit bull D.A. replacement he desires should not be an issue.

And that is not even getting into the judicial branch.

Trump should have zero problems replacing Ruth Bader Ginsburg with exactly the justice he wants. That potentially tilts the Supreme Court to his advantage 6-3.

If he replaces 80 year old Breyer it goes to a 7-2 tilt.

And that is not even taking into account all the federal judges he and McConnell will push through, transforming and shifting the courts for a generation.

Would a House victory have been the cherry on top? Sure it would have, but Pelosi is now the face of the Democratic Party and people will tire of non-stop hearings and lack of an agenda rather quickly. As I stated earlier, a Pelosi lead House likely helps out Trump's 2020 prospects even more than a GOP led House.

How to become a dictator....annihilate all foes.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #620 on: November 10, 2018, 12:14:43 PM »
You don't really believe that nonsense do you?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #621 on: November 10, 2018, 12:28:04 PM »
You don't really believe that nonsense do you?

Yes, I really do believe Trump would gladly accept the position of dictator if given the opportunity.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #622 on: November 10, 2018, 12:36:35 PM »
And the United States is set up for dictators. ::)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #623 on: November 10, 2018, 04:02:16 PM »
Yes, I really do believe Trump would gladly accept the position of dictator if given the opportunity.

Really?  Well then here's to the mindless and homeles, aka Portland's finest shitizens, crapping all over not just your lawn, but your life.    Virtue signal that, kiddo.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #624 on: November 10, 2018, 06:17:49 PM »

I just don't get it. 

Oh yeah?  Things are really looking up for Detroit.....