Author Topic: Bodybuilding.com forums close  (Read 5758 times)

a_pupil

• Getbig V
Bodybuilding.com forums close
« on: April 01, 2024, 06:03:40 PM »
Getbig is the last of mohicans at this point.

The only other ones that still seem around are the more niche roid-centric ones, which get funded by labs. Pro muscle etc.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: Bodybuilding.com forums close
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 06:04:39 PM »
Great now well get another influx of tards.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 06:27:26 PM »
Getbig is the last of mohicans at this point.

The only other ones that still seem around are the more niche roid-centric ones, which get funded by labs. Pro muscle etc.

Absolutely. Last bastion of free speech, brutal truths and witty banter on the internet.

Some legendary threads on BB.com like Dreamer bulk/Frog Tech.

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 06:48:42 PM »
My first ever board was Anabolic Extreme and then went onto many others.
Only just lurked here a few times in the 00’s.

Goliathon

• Getbig III
  • Here comes the boom!!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2024, 10:30:06 PM »
Absolutely. Last bastion of free speech, brutal truths and witty banter on the internet.

Some legendary threads on BB.com like Dreamer bulk/Frog Tech.

As a refugee I concur. I thought the last refuge was sports sites, but I got banned from my last one after I implied Ukrainian culture is different from are's and no one gives a shit about race overthere.

I was defending Ukraine before it was cool.

My 2nd account got burned when I implied banning Russia from international competitions was woke nonsense.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2024, 12:03:23 AM »
Another one bites the dust. That forum completely sucked compared to Getbig anyway.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2024, 12:20:41 AM »
I think this is the only place I havent havent been banned from.
Twitter, FB, Forums, heck, even Youtube banned me for comments.. LOL...  ::)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2024, 12:22:56 AM »
I think this is the only place I havent havent been banned from.
Twitter, FB, Forums, heck, even Youtube banned me for comments.. LOL...  ::)
It's funny seeing how uptight everyone is on other forums and social media. Most people on Earth wouldn't last 1 day on here without completely melting down.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2024, 12:28:24 AM »
It's funny seeing how uptight everyone is on other forums and social media. Most people on Earth wouldn't last 1 day on here without completely melting down.

Only the strong survive...  8)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2024, 04:50:35 AM »
Sponsors demand banning for fear of offending customers.

They want bland, generic posts.

Getbig has no sponsors to offend.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2024, 05:00:24 AM »
We`re the last "men" standing!   :D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2024, 05:04:52 AM »
 ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2024, 05:25:41 AM »
Wow. BB.com came late to the game but became huge. That sucks. I love message forums.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2024, 05:43:39 AM »
Why are they closing them?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2024, 06:01:04 AM »
I'm probably alone here but Shawn Perrine's Iron Age site was the best. It stayed on topic about bodybuilding and the hostile lunatics weren't tolerated. Sometimes the moderation was too severe.  Steroid talk whether for or against wasn't tolerated. Plenty of seriously knowledgeable lifters were on the site. I really miss it. I think the site was hacked and all the history of posts are gone. Then again Shawn might have nuked it when he got his job with Weider being the top dog there. Imagine running a little forum and being offered a top paying job to be the boss of a bunch of magazines? Saw Shawn on tv a bunch of times being interviewed about exercise.  He became a friend of Arnold and many pros. By all accounts he was a great guy but he had no love for me I believe or perceive.  He weighed about 165 if that and made outrageous claims in the gym like 400lbs benches and other claims. The 400lbs would be tie the raw world record around 1976 for his weight. I called him on it like saying please put up a video of you benching 315lbs raw. I know it was a scum bag thing for me to say. The reply was something like well now I train for endurance and the pump. He wouldn't engage with me ever after I doubted his lifting feats. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut. He claimed to be a natural and he had a ripped athletic physique.  Then again many claim natural. If he was that was a fantastic physique.  I shouldn't say anything negative of the dead, I know. Heard when he was dying in the hospital he always told every visitor that he loved them. He had no wife or kids. Sad ending and the amount of people that came out of the woodwork including Arnold and a who's who of the industry praised him after his death. Made me feel  guilty about challenging his lifts. Who cares. Know what? Maybe he did do them.  On that site too were bodybuilding stars and they weren't chased away.  I talked to Viator there who was now very fat and I asked him about his health. He said he just had blood tests and everything came back perfect. He was dead of a heart attack a short time later.

On the other hand this board has a ton of laughs because of the knuckle heads here.  I find it bizarre that no women are on this site but then again they might perceive it as  a homosexual site. When this site stops being fun for me I will be gone and I won't look back. So far it still cracks me up.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2024, 06:03:19 AM »

Yes, we need to keep the borders closed.

Y

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2024, 06:05:58 AM »
we must stand strong against the invasion of our shores.
We must fight them on the beaches... etc..........

There must be at least a dozen potential dj181s amongst them

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2024, 06:07:35 AM »
I remember posting in the supplement section as a naive high schooler back when the forum was black and white. PIP

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2024, 06:29:46 AM »
"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door" ~ Ron Avidan

"1"

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2024, 07:39:20 AM »

Sooner or later even Mr. Avidan will succumb to the Illuminati.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2024, 07:50:25 AM »
I started out on a Christian bodybuilding forum ran by some Layne Norton types and eventually ended up here.

Bodybuilding.com forum started it's death spiral after some kid was egged on by forum members to suicide live on stream. Having said that just checked and that was in 2008! But it was pretty wild before that.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2024, 07:52:42 AM »
I'm probably alone here but Shawn Perrine's Iron Age site was the best. It stayed on topic about bodybuilding and the hostile lunatics weren't tolerated. Sometimes the moderation was too severe.  Steroid talk whether for or against wasn't tolerated. Plenty of seriously knowledgeable lifters were on the site. I really miss it. I think the site was hacked and all the history of posts are gone. Then again Shawn might have nuked it when he got his job with Weider being the top dog there. Imagine running a little forum and being offered a top paying job to be the boss of a bunch of magazines? Saw Shawn on tv a bunch of times being interviewed about exercise.  He became a friend of Arnold and many pros. By all accounts he was a great guy but he had no love for me I believe or perceive.  He weighed about 165 if that and made outrageous claims in the gym like 400lbs benches and other claims. The 400lbs would be tie the raw world record around 1976 for his weight. I called him on it like saying please put up a video of you benching 315lbs raw. I know it was a scum bag thing for me to say. The reply was something like well now I train for endurance and the pump. He wouldn't engage with me ever after I doubted his lifting feats. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut. He claimed to be a natural and he had a ripped athletic physique.  Then again many claim natural. If he was that was a fantastic physique.  I shouldn't say anything negative of the dead, I know. Heard when he was dying in the hospital he always told every visitor that he loved them. He had no wife or kids. Sad ending and the amount of people that came out of the woodwork including Arnold and a who's who of the industry praised him after his death. Made me feel  guilty about challenging his lifts. Who cares. Know what? Maybe he did do them.  On that site too were bodybuilding stars and they weren't chased away.  I talked to Viator there who was now very fat and I asked him about his health. He said he just had blood tests and everything came back perfect. He was dead of a heart attack a short time later.

On the other hand this board has a ton of laughs because of the knuckle heads here.  I find it bizarre that no women are on this site but then again they might perceive it as  a homosexual site. When this site stops being fun for me I will be gone and I won't look back. So far it still cracks me up.

No, it sucked because of all the whiny members who got offended by every little thing.

Some good members but also a bunch of pussies on that forum.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2024, 07:56:30 AM »
I get banned on there for telling someone they looked like shit (true)

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2024, 07:59:28 AM »
I get banned on there for telling someone they looked like shit (true)

I got banned too for most likely posting truth.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2024, 08:12:02 AM »
That forum had a great run until the mods started getting jealous of viral miscers like Zyzz and Genova. They banned anyone who mentioned them.

Forums tend to go to shit when the mods start going on power trips.