Author Topic: Laying down the law - who raises these goddamn kids?  (Read 4771 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Laying down the law - who raises these goddamn kids?
« on: December 15, 2008, 05:35:40 PM »
Got a guy - let's call him Bob - who has no job, no car, no education, and not much else.  He's 21, has no direction, and he lives in the home of his girlfriend's mom.  The girlfriend has a job.  He says he helps out around the house by 'driving the girlfriend to work'.

For a handful of odd jobs, he has been paid $400 ($100 each for jobs that took 2-3 hours).  Each time, I told him that he was being overpaid, because I wanted him to kick a portion down to his girlfriend's mom for rent.  I don't know if he did - I left that ball in his court.

I needed some labor for tomorrow and invited him to work.  He said 'yes' and then wrote back to say his buddy might want to come and asked what they pay would be.  I told him $50/person and then he wrote back to say that he couldn't make it 'for $50'.   

Needless to say, I don't think I'll have any work for him in the future. 

It gets better.  He contacted me a short time ago to let him know if anything changes. 

Unreal.

Personally, I feel I'm doing the right thing by not using him again. 

But here is the moral dilemma: He's obviously not getting any 'man training' in his current situation and he didn't get it growing up.  By having given him work in the recent past, do I now have any obligation to teach him some common sense?  Or should I allow him to figure out on his own why he let such an easy gig get away?

Speak on it, GetBig. 

The Master

• Getbig V
Re: Laying down the law - who raises these goddamn kids?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 05:41:01 PM »
Got a guy - let's call him Bob - who has no job, no car, no education, and not much else.  He's 21, has no direction, and he lives in the home of his girlfriend's mom.  The girlfriend has a job.  He says he helps out around the house by 'driving the girlfriend to work'.

For a handful of odd jobs, he has been paid $400 ($100 each for jobs that took 2-3 hours).  Each time, I told him that he was being overpaid, because I wanted him to kick a portion down to his girlfriend's mom for rent.  I don't know if he did - I left that ball in his court.

I needed some labor for tomorrow and invited him to work.  He said 'yes' and then wrote back to say his buddy might want to come and asked what they pay would be.  I told him $50/person and then he wrote back to say that he couldn't make it 'for $50'.   

It gets better.  He contacted me a short time ago to let him know if anything changes. 

Unreal.

But here is the moral dilemma: He's obviously not getting any 'man training' in his current situation and he didn't get it growing up.  By having given him work in the recent past, do I now have any obligation to teach him some common sense?  Or should I allow him to figure out on his own why he let such an easy gig get away?

Speak on it, GetBig. 

Trying to force in some "man training" for such a kid is most likely a waste of time. In his current state of male maturity, he will most likely reject your efforts.

The only real way such snot-kids grows into mature men is when they really meets the challenges that forces them to grow some character. That will probably only happen when life really turns its ugly side on him, and that is usually a result of his own bad choices.

Your efforts of handing him a "free lunch" or any "lessons" is most likely a waste of time, it's like trying to shoot a tank with a sling shot. Guys like this needs to really grow some character by having their entire lives turned upside down.

Conclusion: You should simply use this kid if it is cost-efficient for you. Your other efforts = fruitless.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »
Let him figure it out...in Prison, because that is where he will be. Or thru the needle.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 05:42:54 PM »
You should explain your desire to help to the girlfriend.

She'll see the power of a man with both compassion, and a fcking job, and you can probably get some side dish action for $25 per visit.

Just sayin.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 05:43:02 PM »
i will never have this problem

.....I pull out

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 05:55:55 PM »

Already answered it yourself.  :)

Jizzacked

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 05:59:53 PM »
if you are seriously concerned for him, I think the best thing to do would be to talk to him (not through the computer) and tell him just what you said.  that he needs to get his shit together and that paying him that much was a FAVOR, one that he saw fit to take advantage of.  

if you aren't going to be using him for help anymore, tell him that and exactly why that is the case.  if he has any common sense, he will feel embarrassed for his bitch like behavior.  maybe he is honestly stupid enough to not see your point of view.. he is a kid and is being spoon fed.  or, maybe he is just an opportunist and tries to take advantage of everyone like he does with his gf.

that is what I would probably do..

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 07:23:30 PM »
Let him know that street laborers will do it for less and just a good a job!

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 08:15:56 PM »

Unreal.

Speak on it, GetBig. 
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Your heart is in the right place my man.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 08:47:25 PM »
i'd like to hear more about your man training course load.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 09:07:12 PM »

Unreal.

Speak on it, GetBig. 

GetBig doesn't care about wrestling jobbers, Tre'
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

250goal

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 09:09:03 PM »
Kids (under 21) have no direction in general.  Sitting on the couch playing video games and posting on forums acting like tough little girls is all they are good for.

The Military or a good ass kicking is when they need in life.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 10:01:12 PM »
What was the problem though?

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 10:54:03 PM »

Unreal.

Speak on it, GetBig. 

i bet he didnt have a father?

the problem with men who didnt have a father, is that they re basically toast, cause they cant replace what they never had.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 10:55:59 PM »
You should explain your desire to help to the girlfriend.

She'll see the power of a man with both compassion, and a fcking job, and you can probably get some side dish action for $25 per visit.

Just sayin.

Excellent advice IMO
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 10:56:37 PM »
S

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 01:16:48 AM »

Some sage counsel here, guys.  Thanks for that.

Yeah, kid grew up mostly without a father, which is why there's that part of me that wants to tell him where he screwed up. 

At the same time, though, natural selection is the key here.  If he's fundamentally flawed, then nothing I do or say will change that.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 04:45:21 AM »
Buy him some posing trunks and set him free...that's all you can do.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 04:47:28 AM »

Unreal.

Speak on it, GetBig. 
is he black?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 04:52:53 AM »
Impossible Quake...notice in the second sentence it says "he lives in the home..."  Everybody knows black guys don't "live" anywhere....they "stay" somewhere.   

Question: Where do you live?
Black guy:  I stay over at ole girls house...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 05:18:49 AM »
is he black?

No, this is a white kid. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2008, 05:34:09 AM »
No, this is a white kid. 

See.  Read my above.  I knew it.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2008, 05:49:09 AM »

Unreal.

Speak on it, GetBig. 
find a more rewarding charity

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2008, 06:45:36 AM »

Unreal.

Speak on it, GetBig. 

Send him to train with moosejay.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2008, 07:03:04 AM »

Send him to train with moosejay.
hahahaahah ;D