Author Topic: Dick Van Dyke weds make-up artist half his age  (Read 2940 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Dick Van Dyke weds make-up artist half his age
« on: March 09, 2012, 01:03:27 PM »
Dick Van Dyke weds make-up artist half his age

“Mary Poppins” star Dick Van Dyke has wed his longtime make-up artist, who is 46 years his junior.

The 86-year-old actor exchanged vows with Arlene Silver, 40, on Leap Day, according to RumorFix.com.

And Van Dyke has confirmed the happy news, stating, “We’re looking forward to a long and happy marriage. (The ceremony was) kinda on the spur of the moment, we just decided Leap Day would be the best time to do it.”

He tells the website he met Silver at the Screen Actors Guild Awards in 2006: “I was in the green room and she passed through and I was bowled over by her beauty.”

He then hired her as his make-up artist.

Van Dyke has wed once before, to Margie Willett. They divorced in 1984 after 36 years as husband and wife. The marriage produced four children.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Dick Van Dyke weds make-up artist half his age
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 01:10:41 PM »
I've always liked DVD, but what motivates him to get married at this point?  

Are they seeking public validation of their union?  I imagine few people would smile on their union now simply because they got married.

Were they saving themselves until they were married?  Doubtul.

It is obviously not lust (on her part).  Be it the shower or in the bedroom I can't imagine intimate moments with an 86 year old. :-X

I am sure he has done OK but DVD is not notoriously wealthy.  Or maybe he is but few people know about it.

I'm sure his kids want him to be happy . . . but some pat of them must be dubious.  I wish the couple well.  :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 04:28:33 PM »
hahahaha HOLY CRAP!!!!

Look at his face, that is blissful senility if ive ever seen it

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 08:06:08 PM »
I could also rip them apart.
But things don't always have to make sense
Even if there are ulterior motives why cant we all just be happy for them  :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 11:46:39 AM »
He seems to be in pretty good shape for 86.

Are they seeking public validation of their union?  I imagine few people would smile on their union now simply because they got married.

I would think they wouldn't give a rip about public validation... it seems like most would think that big of an age difference wouldn't be optimal.

The guy seems to be fun and has a decent sense of humor...  I assume her eyes are open re: their future and what it may be like.   A long life in her future isn't guaranteed either....hope they are happy till death do they part. :)
R