Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 778686 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #11000 on: May 16, 2024, 06:50:04 PM »
USA Winning! You won't see this in Russia or China.

MSM lying again? Read the comments...

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #11001 on: May 16, 2024, 08:15:21 PM »
Pay for tech toys. I love computers and have many machines going back decades. I never sell my computers. I still have an original IBM XT with green monitor. The box has dents in it. I need to get it fixed.

Sweet I still have an old 486dx2 66mhz pc.  Save all that stuff dude could be collectible some day.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11002 on: May 16, 2024, 08:38:35 PM »
It will matter if big enough bombs blow up a mining facility or two. Or a strategic fire. What about a dozen drones? At some point, they will probably have to increase security at Bitcoin mining facilities and add air defenses... A few rocket launchers would not be too expensive to cause major damage.

Which leads back to my nightmare scenario. Something goes horribly wrong to rug pull the masses. The result is the innocent go freely to the devil in giving up their privacy.

USA Winning! You won't see this in Russia or China.

You really think Russia, with an average income 40x LOWER than the US has no shitholes 😂?

China did awesome in infrastructure building. 10/10. They have shitholes. Loads of them.

We can only understand and change our current circumstance. Everything else is noise we can’t understand the validity of nor solve.

I have NFI about homeless in the US other than a YouTube video.  But hey, I guess your views are working out great and you have left the US for Russia for a better life?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11003 on: May 16, 2024, 08:40:08 PM »
Sweet I still have an old 486dx2 66mhz pc.  Save all that stuff dude could be collectible some day.

I used to play on a mates Olivetti with green screen. We had an XT. First game was leisure suit Larry lol. PC progress was awesome, new faster stuff every 3 months.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #11004 on: May 17, 2024, 03:37:22 AM »
I plan on saving it. My parents bought it new back in the day. I learned to use a computer on it. I even did some animations with the XT back in the day. Not sure where I saved it. It was an animation of Italy kicking Sicily and then it turns into a soccer ball. It looked nice actually. I used a satellite photo to make it look realistic. The camera zoomed out to show the Earth with the soccer ball flying off into space - lol! It had a Hercules card and then eventually a VGA card with more colors.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #11005 on: May 17, 2024, 03:42:26 AM »
I used to play on a mates Olivetti with green screen. We had an XT. First game was leisure suit Larry lol. PC progress was awesome, new faster stuff every 3 months.
I remember LL. I showed the game to my older brother. He also played it at work. I told him check this out: "Larry, lie on the bed with the girl". He said WTF! "Larry, fuck the girl!".  ;D

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #11006 on: May 17, 2024, 03:47:16 AM »
Which leads back to my nightmare scenario. Something goes horribly wrong to rug pull the masses. The result is the innocent go freely to the devil in giving up their privacy.

You really think Russia, with an average income 40x LOWER than the US has no shitholes 😂?

China did awesome in infrastructure building. 10/10. They have shitholes. Loads of them.

We can only understand and change our current circumstance. Everything else is noise we can’t understand the validity of nor solve.

I have NFI about homeless in the US other than a YouTube video.  But hey, I guess your views are working out great and you have left the US for Russia for a better life?
Not on that scale. Even bums are better off than these drugged-up junkies / zombies.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/billionaire-investor-ray-dalio-warns-115219371.html

Billionaire investor Ray Dalio warns U.S. is ‘on the brink’ and estimates a more than 1 in 3 chance of civil war

Billionaire investor Ray Dalio believes the chances of a second American Civil War stand better than one out of three and is urging investors to move part of their assets out of the country.

Dalio, who founded the world’s largest hedge fund Bridgewater Associates before relinquishing control in September 2022, believes this year’s presidential election between incumbent Joe Biden and challenger Donald Trump is the most important one of his lifetime and be serve as a litmus test that determines whether risks spiral out of control.

“We are now on the brink,” he told the Financial Times in an interview published on Thursday, estimating the probability of strife erupting at somewhere between 35% to 40%.

Civil war seemed inconceivable only a few years ago. But the Jan. 6 scenes of angry mobs sacking the Capitol—beamed into living rooms and narrated by a British ITV news team in real time—were all too reminiscent of political revolts in third world countries.

The idea of a “national divorce”, proposed last year by Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, has since been brought to the silver screen by director Alex Garland in the simply named Civil War released in April. A Rasmussen poll conducted shortly thereafter suggested 41% of likely U.S. voters believe they will experience a civil war sometime in the next five years.

November’s election and the reactions to it will play a crucial role in determining whether the system can still heal itself—or pessimistic U.S: voters are right.

“Will there be an acceptance of the rules and an ability to work well under those rules?” the Bridgewater founder asked.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #11007 on: May 17, 2024, 05:39:44 AM »
Interesting post. Thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity, on which service provider did you transfer ETH to L2. Isn't that a taxable event? My goal is to avoid paying taxes as much as possible.

I know there are many ways to make more (and lose) money than sitting on big market cap tokens like BTC and ETH. At least staking ETH is better than doing nothing. We'll see how it all shakes out in the long run. The ETH FUD is strong right now. We have been through all this before. I think Ethereum is in a great spot and the L2s are gaining traction. Coinbase's Base does not have a token. And I don't think they plan to have one anytime soon. Ethereum is the native token for Base.

Arbitrum, received ARB tokens. but there were at least 5 other decent ones, probably closer to a dozen all together. You don't need to sell as you can just continue holding them. Taiko L2 is probably the next one to do it.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #11008 on: May 17, 2024, 10:11:37 AM »
Not on that scale. Even bums are better off than these drugged-up junkies / zombies.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/billionaire-investor-ray-dalio-warns-115219371.html

Billionaire investor Ray Dalio warns U.S. is ‘on the brink’ and estimates a more than 1 in 3 chance of civil war

Billionaire investor Ray Dalio believes the chances of a second American Civil War stand better than one out of three and is urging investors to move part of their assets out of the country.

Dalio, who founded the world’s largest hedge fund Bridgewater Associates before relinquishing control in September 2022, believes this year’s presidential election between incumbent Joe Biden and challenger Donald Trump is the most important one of his lifetime and be serve as a litmus test that determines whether risks spiral out of control.

“We are now on the brink,” he told the Financial Times in an interview published on Thursday, estimating the probability of strife erupting at somewhere between 35% to 40%.

Civil war seemed inconceivable only a few years ago. But the Jan. 6 scenes of angry mobs sacking the Capitol—beamed into living rooms and narrated by a British ITV news team in real time—were all too reminiscent of political revolts in third world countries.

The idea of a “national divorce”, proposed last year by Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, has since been brought to the silver screen by director Alex Garland in the simply named Civil War released in April. A Rasmussen poll conducted shortly thereafter suggested 41% of likely U.S. voters believe they will experience a civil war sometime in the next five years.

November’s election and the reactions to it will play a crucial role in determining whether the system can still heal itself—or pessimistic U.S: voters are right.

“Will there be an acceptance of the rules and an ability to work well under those rules?” the Bridgewater founder asked.

LOL Jan. 6th.  That’s hilarious.  I remember being at work and all the females were going “oh my god what is going on?!?!?!”  Like alien motherships were landing on the planet.  lol so brave. 

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11009 on: May 17, 2024, 03:48:58 PM »

Unfortunately another of my prophecies has come true 😞

I said years back I expected 500-600k tokens available in the next run.

Last week there were 130k meme coins created. This is the death of the alt space as it offerings explode much faster than people can buy. This is the stuff which kills alt seasons, while you see alt market cap increase all around you is rug pulls and only a chosen handful actually go anywhere which likely you aren’t in.

This makes the case to go back to BTC.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #11010 on: Today at 01:35:08 PM »
Ironically a surprise ETH ETF approval might be the one thing that steadies price action. SEC has gone full retard, so any craziness is still possible there. Going after ETH/denying ETH ETF and at the same time they look likely to approve leveraged ETH futures ETFs in June. They might as well have a potato in charge.

Oh boy  :P

Mayday

• Getbig IV

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #11012 on: Today at 01:41:16 PM »
Oh boy  :P

Bloomberg now increasing the odds of ETH ETF approval to 75% from previous 25%.

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11013 on: Today at 02:19:46 PM »
THE FALL OF EUROPE IS A DONE DEAL, RUSSIA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT…AND AMERICA ISN’T FAR BEHIND

The EU is destined to fall apart and be balkanized, once again.

A combination of demographic implosion and desperate immigration policies has, at this point, baked in a clash of civilizations.

And the ancient tribes of Europe—whether Italian, Scandinavian, German,Spanish, French, English or Irish—are losing.

Western Europe is in crisis, and the current Russia-Ukraine war, while devastating in its internecine loss of life, provoked by deeply cynical U.S. interests, isn’t really the crux of Europe’s problem.

Its demise owes to a generations-long malaise of civilizational confidence, and an ongoing lack of will to invoke and defend policies that would preserve and continue that civilization.

As a result, more frequent and persistent fires of chaos are now breaking out in nation after nation.

This past week alone, there were massive protests and controversies over immigration in multiple Euro nations.

To survey the latest…

Ireland:

A massive protest against government immigration policies saw protestors shut down the center of Dublin, with crowds chanting “Ireland for the Irish!”, according to Breitbart, Euronews and others. The movement has grown as “shantytowns” of supposed asylum seekers have overrun small towns and large cities. Authorities have admitted the sheer numbers are overwhelming any ability to provide services.

Canadian outlet Rebel News was there at the protest, taking footage and conducting interviews with fed up Irish natives.

Rebel News previously provided frontline coverage of the authoritarian 2022 crackdown against the Truckers Convoy Covid shot mandate protest. A court judgment has since found that PM Justin Trudeau’s regime acted illegally in invoking the country’s “Emergency Powers Act” to crush that protest.

England:

Controversy erupted this week, on the heels of several reports of detrimental impacts of immigration. One study, by the Centre for Policy Studies (CPS) co-written by former immigration minister Robert Jenrick, showed the country is not benefiting, but losing out massively from uncontrolled immigration.

The country has been in recession despite the second highest net population growth in the Euro region (accomplished via an influx of migrants). And GDP per person has dropped by 0.8 per cent, well below the G7 average of 1.2 per cent.

The report also found that Middle Eastern, North African and Turkish immigrants of working age were about twice twice as prone to be “economically inactive” as native-born Britons. In a typical response, British media suppressed coverage of the study, with reporters at the government outlet BBC fearing being branded as racist for doing otherwise.

Meanwhile, Parliament member Dame Andrea Jenkyns highlighted troubling statistics that show each illegal immigrant in Britain costs the taxpayer £12,000 annually in public services. Jenkyns serves as Deputy Chairwoman of the European Research Group (ERG), and was Minister of State for Skills under the brief tenure of former Prime Minister Liz Truss.

Breitbart noted the annual tab adds up to a staggering 14 billion pounds. (“Illegal Migration Costs UK Taxpayer £14 Billion Per Year in Public Services,” 8 May 2024.)

Germany:

New stats show birth rates in Germany continue to plummet, as immigration is soaring. As for the births that are occuring, immigrant women are having more children than natives.

In just the past year, birthrates have fallen 6.2 percent.

Germany is in demographic decline, and especially so, when birth rates of native Germans are considered alone.

But the German population is soaring, due to an unending torrent of immigration which the government has acknowledged represents “record net immigration.”

Though Ukrainian and even Russian refugees have made up a large portion of recent immigrants, Turkish and Middle Eastern migrants remain close behind.

The most popular baby name in large cities like Hamburg right now? Mohammed.

The situation in neighboring Netherlands is just as dire. The Dutch Central Bureau for Statistics reported in 2023 that the fertility rate there had fallen to  1.49 children per woman. The rate needed for simple population stasis—not growth—is generally considered to be about 2.2 children per woman.

And there, as in Germany, a clash of civilizations is occurring on a near daily basis. This past week, there was video of large protests of muslims calling for Sharia law and the establishment of an Islamic Caliphate in the country, as noted by Geiger Capital and others.

That X account posted a quote from author, professor, and Evolutionary Behavioral Scientist Gad Saad on the seemingly strange lack of will of western societies to preserve their traditions or existence:

“Societies die when they care more about exhibiting infinite tolerance and empathy than invoking their own survival instinct.” –

@GadSaad”

France:

Reports from late April detailed how people-smuggling gangs along the French coastline are employing children as “human shields” to deter border enforcement by police.

One observer, Carol Heginbottom, who serves along the coastline of France as part of the U.K.’s Border Force Carol, described the chaos: 

“We’ve seen them [attack police] with sticks, metal bars, machetes, using women and children that are there to cross, using them as human shields to prevent law enforcement taking action.

“The violence that is now shown to our French colleagues trying to prevent the launches, trying to save people from putting their lives at risk, is huge. It’s growing, it’s getting worse and we need to continue to keep plugging away at stopping these organised criminal gangs that are putting people at risk.”

Late April also saw revelations that the French navy has been actively assisting migrants from Rwanda and elsewhere to navigate across the English channel to land on British shores, according to The Telegraph, Breitbart and others. (“Farage: French Navy ‘Working For the Traffickers’ by Assisting Migrants Cross English Channel,” 24 Apr 2024.)

Immigration Madness—and Mad As Hell Citizens

Across the spectrum of western countries, the natives are growing more restless.

In the U.S., even groups that previously have been more supportive of waves of illegal immigration, such as Hispanics, have taken an increasingly dim view of Biden era open borders.

Blacks in many urban areas are rebelling against the diversion of public resources from their communities to pay for housing and other subsidies for migrants.

As for Europe, the issue of illegal immigration has overtaken “climate change” as a top concern of citizens, according to a major new poll conducted by Alliance of Democracies.

That result is stunning, considering how pervasive climate alarmism is pushed as a concern among governments and MSM, while any talk of the negatives of mass immigration are routinely suppressed and vilified as xenophobia and racism.

The poll, which surveyed some 63 thousand people in 52 countries, found that Europeans had far higher rates of opposition to immigration than other regions.

While 16 percent globally expressed concerns about immigration, 50 percent of Europeans called it a major problem.

The organization noted on X:

Last year has seen a global rise in the share of people who say that migration & terrorism are among the world’s largest challenges, particularly among [Germany, Italy and France].

Want to know more about which challenges are on the rise? Access the full #DPI2024 report https://t.co/6nuiQpZ0oL  pic.twitter.com/W6leu8TrXg

— Alliance of Democracies (@AoDemocracies) May 8, 2024

Ominous Rhyme of History

In a rhyme of history that echoes the endtimes of the Roman Empire, countries at the eastern edge of “western” Europe have been the most stalwart, in attempting to preserve their countries from wholesale takeover by hordes of immigration.

The EU recently passed an immigration policy requiring member states to either accept thousands of migrants from “frontline” nations like Italy, Greece, and Spain, or offer financial or other resources, as reported by Breitbart. (“Exclusive — Chad Wolf: Joe Biden’s Immigration Policy Is Like the EU’s,” 1 May 2024.)

The new policy also speeds asylum applications.

Poland and Hungary strongly opposed the deal, saying it would only increase immigration and add to the current problems.

Russia, which has always had a foot in both west and East, due to its massive size and mix of ancient peoples, under President Vladimer Putin has also gone against the tide of demographic and cultural self immolation.

Putin has promoted policies to encourage and support Russians in having larger families, for example.

But EU and British policies have been hellbent on quite the opposite.

As a result, hollowed-out regions that were formerly centers of industry, artisanship and tourism, from Italy to France to the U.K., have seen massive migrant Replacism put forward by policy makers as the only viable path to saving Europe.

It isn’t working.

And America isn’t far behind in going down that self-destructive path, former Deputy of Homeland Security Chad Wolf argued in an exclusive obtained by Breitbart, posted on 1 May.

According to Wolf:

“When you look at the [immigration] issue here in the EU, for some time, it’s been a very liberal policy, allowing more and more individuals into EU member states, and, of course, you see that now, under President Biden, with the Biden administration’s policy in the United States.

“But, you know, just recently, I believe, the EU passed a migration pact of some sort. I see a lot of similarities between what they advocate in there and what President Biden’s administration is advocating for—this idea that you’re going to simply process more and more migrants instead of actually deterring them.”

Wolf’s remarks came while at CPAC Hungary, a political event which also saw Eva Vlaardingerbroek make a viral speech on the not-so-slow-motion civilizational collapse Europe is experiencing.

The magazine attempted to paint the huge increase of illegals as something contributing to a robust Bidenomics economy, as if that were a thing.

But it was forced to contemplate the reality that mostly low skilled immigrants flooding western countries from Australia to Europe to the U.S. were fueling inflation, lowering living standards, and ravaging government budgets:

“ America’s immigration surge means that its economy will be 2% larger over the next decade than had been forecast. The influx of workers also helps explain the country’s strong economic growth. But immigration’s impact goes well beyond an arithmetical effect on GDP—it extends to inflation, living standards and government budgets. And recent arrivals differ from previous ones in an important way: more are low-skilled.” 

What Explains the Madness?

The push by many governments and their elitist NGO influencers to force waves of immigration, after promoting depopulation policies for a generation on their native peoples, would seem hard to decode.

Why engage in policies that encourage less population growth, creating a crisis of dwindling civilizational and economic energy…then try to import masses of illegals to make up for it?

The answer may lie with a war not between the political left and right, but a war between elites and the only power base in history that has ever successfully clipped their power: the broad middle classes of western nations.

Pew Research from 2022 laid out the erosion of the middle class that has taken place since 1965 in America.

Sixty years ago, some 61 percent of Americans qualified as middle class, in terms of relative income and share of wealth.

But from 1971 to 2011, that percentage dropped gradually down to 50 percent.

This was an era when progressively more radical social and environmental movements critiqued cultural homogeneity and the raising of families as retrograde and even dangerous western hegemonic evils.

After leveling off for a decade, 2021 and the COVID War have seen a resumption in the erosion of the middle class, according to Pew.

In a time when evolving globalist cooperation, economic interconnection, together with rapidly advancing technological innovations were supposed to enlarge prosperity, the truth is inescapable: elites have benefited far more than any other group.

Are the policies they have relentlessly backed been just a horrible accident?

Or have those policies constituted a highly effective (and statistically unarguable) assault on the only other class that has threatened their power and prerogatives?

To sum up the current crisis, elites are largely succeeding in shrinking and decimating the numbers and political power of broad middle classes in virtually every western nation and region.

Their relentless promotion and support of policies that have inculcated civilizational self-doubt and guilt, over everything from “climate change” to “white privilege”, to desires to live in relative economic and social freedom, have created chronic societal dysfunction and dysphoria.

Average people have been goaded into warring against each other more viciously than ever in political factionalism, instead of seeing the manipulations from above, eroding the wealth and power of the broad base of both left and right—whether labor union members, or small businesses and the millions of people who still earn their livelihood via that sector of western economies.

Political power, in other words, isn’t so much shifting right to left or left to right, as it is from middle to top.

The result is a simpler and more controllable neo-feudalism.

On the bottom, a larger and larger chaotic, indistinct, and fundamentally incohesive underclass continues to swell, sold on an ersatz “diversity”, while meanwhile experiencing a relentless grinding down of actual rights, power and prosperity.

That underclass is anesthetized on sports, video gaming, social media obsessions via their phones and virtual pursuits.

By destroying the self-confidence of western cultures, while promoting chaotic migrations into vestiges of strongholds where broad portions of people experienced relative political agency and economic prosperity, the “royals” who have always existed at every point of history, have turned back the clock on the tides that saw, for a few hundred years at least, their power wane.

The age from the Magna Carta, but especially from the fall of monarchies across Europe in the 19th century, and the rise of democratic states, led by the American experiment, is in its death throes.

A technologically enforced new age of Elite Eternals, bent on hoarding privilege and power to a very few, while hollowing out and ruthlessly stamping their boot on the face of the rest of humanity, to paraphrase Orwell, is the mark of the new age.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #11014 on: Today at 02:48:35 PM »
ETH  $3,593!

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #11015 on: Today at 03:08:38 PM »
Boing!

So what does your crystal ball say Mayday?  If we get this Ether ETF do we get a new all time high?  How much?  And when does it fizzle?  If it plays out like the BTC ETF.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #11016 on: Today at 03:39:00 PM »
ETH  $3,593!
Crazy how fast it pumps. It's at $3,651 now and up over 18% for the day. I checked ultrasoundmoney and it's gone deflationary again the past few hours.

There are rumors Biden (His handlers, not him. He does not know if he is coming or going...) might relax on crypto to counter Trump's pro-crypto stance.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #11017 on: Today at 03:46:43 PM »
https://coingape.com/spot-ethereum-etf-sec-pushes-exchanges-for-update-on-19b-4-filings/

Spot Ethereum ETF: SEC Pushes Exchanges for Update on 19b-4 Filings
SEC requests urgent updates to 19b-4 filings for Spot Ethereum ETFs, hinting at possible approval. Deadline for decisions is this Thursday.

The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has requested that exchanges involved in listing and trading shares of spot Ether (ETH) exchange-traded funds (ETFs) accelerate their updates to 19b-4 filings.

This move implies a possible change in the regulatory environment for cryptocurrency ETFs, hinting that the SEC may soon start approving these applications.

SEC Accelerated 19b-4 Filing Updates
Exchanges seeking to list and trade spot Ethereum exchange-traded funds (ETFs) have quickly received instructions from the SEC to update their 19b-4 filings. The body is making this request early as it prepares to decide on these applications before an important deadline on Thursday (May 23).

However, updating the 19b-4 filings is a critical step, but more needs to be done to ensure the final approval of the ETFs. These products must also have their S-1 applications approved before they can officially begin trading.

Analysts expressed surprise ( some implying a political stance) with the sudden activity of the SEC in updating the filings, which is an indication that the commission may be more willing to approve these applications than considered earlier.

However, there is yet to be a clear path as to when the S-1 filing will be approved, and this leaves certain market participants cautiously hopeful of what might happen.