Author Topic: Does Anyone Remember When Craig Titus KO'ed a Middleweight UFC Fighter?  (Read 3804 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Re: Does Anyone Remember When Craig Titus KO'ed a Middleweight UFC Fighter?
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2018, 10:25:22 AM »
LOL funny enough theres a discussion along these lines today on the facebook GYM OUTCASTS group with some woman claiming her son is a bad ass cos hes BIG!! Yeh being all bloated up on pumping iron is really good fight training stupid whore!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2018, 12:04:33 PM »
Damn a 12 year old quote rebirth.  Slow day?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2018, 12:24:29 PM »
If a huge and extraordinarily powerful and athletic man is tough and can scrap in a fundamental way, he’s very dangerous.

Fighting is movement. Any attribute that enhances movement is an advantageous component in an altercation. Be it speed, STRENGTH, POWER, coordination, balance, flexibility, etc.

Tremendous size hugely aids one’s formidabity from the aspect of defence, movement impact and the value in absorbing punishment.

Bodybuilding as a pursuit has zero to do with fighting SKILL, but the resulting, again, ATTRIBUTES, can enhance the efforts when in a fray.

The athleticism inherent in strongman-type athletes, especially, is a phenomenal attribute in combination with the monolithic strength and size advantage.

P.S. Yates was sucker punched.

P.P.S. “Rolling on the mat” with a BJJ practitioner isn’t a on-the-fly dust-up in, say, a gym or store.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2018, 12:30:42 PM »
As much of a badass as DJ is for his size I just couldn't imagine him taking down a monster like Brian Shaw in a fight.

Especially if Shaw had a few months to prepare.

DJ is literally giving up almost 300 pounds and almost a foot and a half.

I could be wrong though.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2018, 01:19:11 PM »
Sparred with Relson Gracie once. I was 240 he was 160. Straight grappling and put it this way, he was very nice to me.  ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2018, 01:42:35 PM »

I downloaded that guy's "Weight Training for Grapplers."  Total rubbish.  It would have cost me no more than the 2 megs to store and I still deleted it. 

He should have called it "A Collection of Standard Exercises That Bear No Particular Relationship to Grappling Which I Threw Together in Three Hours and Sent to My Publisher Because It Beats Making An Honest Living."

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2018, 05:09:28 PM »

The Mountain just toying with Mcgregor...and Mcgregor is much larger than the two aforementioned mma fighters

Any comment on this video, bigkahuna?:

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2018, 05:10:14 PM »
Anybody can win on any given day.Simple as that.bodybuilder,football player,tennis player.What you do does  not dictate your toughness.Also just cause someone became a fighter for a living does not mean that someone who did not isn’t a very tough person.Im sure Craig could have knocked out a few ufc fighters.He obviously isn’t a sane man.

Great post.  I think "normal" people tend to underestimate themselves.  And it's not like anyone knows what kind of chin defense they have until they are tested.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2018, 05:14:15 PM »
In a fight i use Weider principles

;D ;D ;D

I fought a female Karate black belt who also has excellent wrestling.  She has been to world championships in karate since she was a girl.

I am a local 170-lb strongman, although I did win the CAASA Provincials in 2017 for Ontario.  So I am strong for my size, 170-lb @5'8.5".

Needless to say, she was doing pretty well wrestling against.  She did not pin me - more of a draw.  And I had never wrestled in my life before that day.  So that was some perspective for me.

I don't think Ronda Rousey would beat Floyd Mayweather...would she?  ???

I figure he had NOTHING to win in that fight, even if he did win, hence why he ignored it.