Author Topic: GAINT SETS  (Read 1918 times)

TSPARK

• Getbig I
GAINT SETS
« on: April 28, 2008, 12:54:05 PM »
A BUDDY OF MINE TOLD ME THAT HE WAS DOING  GAINT SETS AND WAS GETTING GOD RESULTS WITH GOOD RESULTS. HE IS HALF THE TIME FULL OF CRAP ABOUT WHAT HE DOES IN THE GYM THOUGH. IF I AM CORRECT GAINT SETS ARE 3 MOVEMENTS FOR THE SAME BODY PART DONE BACK TO BACK TO BACK W/O REST. IF THEY DO WORK WHAT IS THE REST TIME AND HOW MANY SET DO YOU DO. I WANT TO HIT THE MUSCLE HARD BUT DO NOT WANT TO OVERTRAIN.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: GAINT SETS
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 02:48:05 PM »
whats a gaint set
Z

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 03:40:53 PM »
whats a gaint set

It's what you're going to have to do in order to catch Squadfather on posts, since he now has a greater amount...he'll beat you to 26k, but can you get to 27k before him? ;)

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 01:54:16 AM »
I GOT GOD RESULTZ.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 06:34:04 AM »
A BUDDY OF MINE TOLD ME THAT HE WAS DOING  GAINT SETS AND WAS GETTING GOD RESULTS WITH GOOD RESULTS. HE IS HALF THE TIME FULL OF CRAP ABOUT WHAT HE DOES IN THE GYM THOUGH. IF I AM CORRECT GAINT SETS ARE 3 MOVEMENTS FOR THE SAME BODY PART DONE BACK TO BACK TO BACK W/O REST. IF THEY DO WORK WHAT IS THE REST TIME AND HOW MANY SET DO YOU DO. I WANT TO HIT THE MUSCLE HARD BUT DO NOT WANT TO OVERTRAIN.

Hope this helps.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 08:32:08 AM »
Funny stuff from DonkeyKong. Taking caps off is not only when in a church, singing a national anthem or in a really classy bar.

Giants sets, for a single  targeted muscle area, can be just about anything you want them to be. General rule of thumb is  between 5 to 8-10 movements. 10 being the extreme. Standard SS's, Tri sets or even SS'ed quad sets are not Giant sets. Usually start with a heavier compound exercise and finish with more lighter extensions exercises. Like starting off with benches and having the last exercises something like DB flys. Reps can be low or high, but the general range is between 8 to 10. No rest between exercises. Doing one or two cycles, at the very most, of Giant sets is usually enough for most humans. Rest between cycles will depend on how well you can recover from the first one.  Five minutes is a general gage. But than again, you do not want to wait too long between cycles.  It is a tough way to workout at first. This is working out with serious intent.  Might be advised to train with a partner to help with the mental, as well as the physical part of the workout.

As mentioned above; SS'ed Quad sets have also given good results for quite a few men. Here you work opposite muscle groups as in regular SS style but use different exercises. Example: BB curl, Tricep press down, DB incline curl, DB overhead tricep extensions. That would be one cycle, with no rest between exercises. Wait a couple of minutes than do another cycle. Some men find this a rewarding method for stubborn arm growth. good Luck.
F

TSPARK

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 12:21:36 PM »
THANKS JPM101!  OOPS sorry about that DonkeyKong.

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Seminar May 10 in brea message me for details
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 12:27:28 PM »
I think its giant Sets and its the only way to train year round

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 01:09:52 PM »
why would giant sets be beneficial they have no merit really besides taxing the nervous system beyond belief

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 07:37:56 PM »
I dunno maybe you should learn something about what to do and why I will have a seminar on May tenth good chance for you to learn

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 07:34:38 AM »
check youtube for the milos training clips.

there is one where he does 18 minutes straight of sets for bis and tris.

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 08:48:03 AM »
check youtube for the milos training clips.

there is one where he does 18 minutes straight of sets for bis and tris.

Pretty hardcore training huh?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 12:02:38 PM »
why would giant sets be beneficial they have no merit really besides taxing the nervous system beyond belief

Really? You don't think supersetting within a muscle (St. BB Curls and Std. Incline curls for example) can exhaust more muscle fibers?
What about bringing about more definition to the muscle once to the proper amount of bodyfat?
How about raising your heart rate a few notches and burning more calories (not a great amount more...but when shedding fat every bit helps) to help you lean out?
Or doing antagonistic supersets, you don't feel you can do double the work (both bi's and tri's) in the same amount of time you could doing just biceps with the same rest period? You don't feel all the blood inside both muscles at once helps stretch out fascia (again to a small degree) or promote growth?
Or finally, provide an entirely different stimulus for the muscle, mind and body to get used to? When training, anything that requires ADAPTATION=RESULTS. Maybe not what you want or the direction you want to go, but if you do 15 reps per set rather than 6, your body has to adapt it's muscle fibers to that instead what you usually do. That adaptation can be seen as results.

Still think supersets are overrated? ::)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 01:34:50 PM »
Really? You don't think supersetting within a muscle (St. BB Curls and Std. Incline curls for example) can exhaust more muscle fibers?
What about bringing about more definition to the muscle once to the proper amount of bodyfat?
How about raising your heart rate a few notches and burning more calories (not a great amount more...but when shedding fat every bit helps) to help you lean out?
Or doing antagonistic supersets, you don't feel you can do double the work (both bi's and tri's) in the same amount of time you could doing just biceps with the same rest period? You don't feel all the blood inside both muscles at once helps stretch out fascia (again to a small degree) or promote growth?
Or finally, provide an entirely different stimulus for the muscle, mind and body to get used to? When training, anything that requires ADAPTATION=RESULTS. Maybe not what you want or the direction you want to go, but if you do 15 reps per set rather than 6, your body has to adapt it's muscle fibers to that instead what you usually do. That adaptation can be seen as results.

Still think supersets are overrated? ::)
is this post serious? the questions you raise are ridiculous, do you know anything about muscle fiber types, the best stimulus for them? lets look at one question.

absolutely not, why would it? david henry does low reps, and straight sets and he has some of the most detailed bodyparts. no exercise will detail a muscle, that is a function of bodyfat, water and genetics, namely the amount of muscle fiber and dominant type.

You don't think supersetting within a muscle (St. BB Curls and Std. Incline curls for example) can exhaust more muscle fibers?

sure, so can drop sets, rest pause, forced reps, doing so continuously will fry your CNS.

You don't feel all the blood inside both muscles at once helps stretch out fascia (again to a small degree) or promote growth?

brutal pseudoscience

Or finally, provide an entirely different stimulus for the muscle, mind and body to get used to.

sure, but all the time no like slintown said, and mixed with other techniques.

you seem to have high amounts of brotelligence. I would love for slintown to give me a scientific explanation on why super or giant sets work better, with some empirical evidence.