Author Topic: i'm just now 43, too old to get a top physique?  (Read 1132 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
i'm just now 43, too old to get a top physique?
« on: October 09, 2007, 10:48:41 AM »
i just turned 43, have been active all my life, 5 '10 about 220 pounds around 15-20 percent body fat, been lifting on and off for a few years now, anyway, my goal has always been to get if possible a top amateur national qualifier physique (around 230-240 pounds, under 10 %bodyfat,etc)

my question is: is that too unrealistic a goal and too late for me at my age?

i do have bucket loads of all the banned prohormone stuff (like years worth) and i'm willing to eat the right way and take top level supplements, and yes, i would be willing to go the AAS route ( but only mildly, on and off cycling with test,winny,deca,equipoise but no insulin or GH)

serious answers and replies guys! thanks again and take care!

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: i'm just now 43, too old to get a top physique?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 11:10:55 AM »
i just turned 43, have been active all my life, 5 '10 about 220 pounds around 15-20 percent body fat, been lifting on and off for a few years now, anyway, my goal has always been to get if possible a top amateur national qualifier physique (around 230-240 pounds, under 10 %bodyfat,etc)

my question is: is that too unrealistic a goal and too late for me at my age?

i do have bucket loads of all the banned prohormone stuff (like years worth) and i'm willing to eat the right way and take top level supplements, and yes, i would be willing to go the AAS route ( but only mildly, on and off cycling with test,winny,deca,equipoise but no insulin or GH)

serious answers and replies guys! thanks again and take care!

you should'nt even be thinkin about using or even asking about gear until ya post your split with some poundages attached

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 09:58:52 PM »
at 43 u are (generally) more safe to use gear that at 20's....
but don't even consider gear before proper research and decent regime (workout, diet, etc)

it's not unrealistic, and 43 is not that old IMO...
correct training, consistency, diet, smart use, and you'll make it

there are no miracles - only people that "wish" and people that "do"

good luck

blowitup

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 03:06:21 PM »
43 is definitly not too old-hell the guy i purchase my supplements from is 50 and jacked out of his mind-but seriously you can't be looking to take the "easy" way out by taking a bunch of supplements and expecting to look like some guy on a magazine cover-if that were true every guy around the world would have a 6 pack 20" arms and two sets of shoulders don't you think? my two cents would be to train hard-but smart(something may seem to forget) and eat right ALL the time-not just when you feel like it-see where you get in a year or so and then see where you are at from there
good luck

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 07:32:30 PM »
Chuck Vogelpohl is 43.  He squats almost 1200lbs and weighs 265.  You will be good to go. Id just recommend speaking to your doctor first.

Jason

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 04:20:30 AM »
I turned 52 this past June........won 10 trophies this year alone.

It`s never too late bro,only if you want it to be.

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 10:25:39 PM »
One of former training partners was in his early sixties when he STARTED training.

Just saw him yesterday and he is still looking phenomenal. He keeps getting better and better!

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 12:53:21 AM »
not too old. btw prohormones are aas. hope this helps.