Author Topic: "France is collapsing" - Marine Le Pen  (Read 1447 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
"France is collapsing" - Marine Le Pen
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:58:28 AM »
'France is collapsing,' Le Pen says
France24 ^ | 03/17/2011

After several polls showed Marine Le Pen more than holding her own against rivals in a hypothetical presidential match-up, FRANCE 24 sat down with the far-right leader for a wide-ranging interview touching on Europe, immigration and nuclear energy.

Riding high on strong showings in a handful of French polls on the 2012 presidential election, National Front leader Marine Le Pen has had an early start on the campaign trail.

The far right politician, who took over from her father as head of the party in January, sat down with FRANCE 24 journalist Roselyne Fèbvre for an interview covering a wide range of domestic and international issues. Here are some of the highlights.

President Nicolas Sarkozy

"France is collapsing because of a French president who is no longer running anything, who is governing on impulse or emotion, depending on the circumstances. And France’s interests and image have suffered for it."

Earthquake in Japan

"I want to express my admiration for the remarkable calm and courage of the Japanese people. We have lessons to learn from them, and from how Japan prepared its population for this kind of disaster. France is very poorly prepared. We need to begin a campaign of information and education, and to create a national guard composed of civilians that could intervene in the event of a natural catastrophe."

Nuclear power

"For years, environmentalists have been opposed to any investment in nuclear energy, even though these investments were intended to modernise French power stations. Of course we should research other energy sources. But to say today that we should be reducing nuclear energy production seems completely absurd to me."

Libya

"Entering a war in Libya while we’re already ensnared in one in Afghanistan, and while Iraq is far from stable, is a very bad choice. The responsibility of a French president is to first consider the interests and welfare of the French population and of France. Public opinion in Arab countries would turn against us if we intervened. Why is it always up the European Union to intervene militarily, to accommodate the refugees? It seems logical to me that Libya’s neighbours would help manage this kind of regional problem."

The euro

"Incontestably, the Euro has not demonstrated its viability in terms of stimulating growth and prosperity and reducing unemployment for the people of Europe. On the contrary, it has contributed to the long-term weakening of our economies. If we return to a national currency, we can once again have the central bank of France issuing loans to the Treasury without interest. That would enable us to get out of this spiral of debt in which we’ve been living for several years."

Presidential elections and polls

"I was not surprised to see polls that showed me advancing to the second round of voting. Those numbers encourage me to keep working and talking about my policy proposals. There are still a lot of French people who have a totally caricatured vision of the National Front. We have solutions on research and education, not only on immigration and national security. I want to tell French people to give themselves a real choice for the second round vote. Sarkozy versus Strauss-Kahn are twins. They have the same policy ideas. I’m offering a real alternative."

Dominique Strauss-Kahn

"He is very representative of everything I fight against. The policies he has implemented as head of the International Monetary Fund have crushed people all over the world, causing catastrophic social consequences."

Immigration

"We need to have a moratorium on immigration. There are certain sectors of activity which require immigration because the immigrants have skills that we lack. But beyond that, we can’t afford any more. Immigration is weighing on our deficit on our system of social protection. We have 5 million unemployed people in France. What are we going to do, import more unemployed people? That’s crazy."

________________________ ________________________ _-

Can we draft her to run here in 2012? 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: "France is collapsing" - Marine Le Pen
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 08:00:05 AM »
She's a lot more level-headed than her father was and very, very anti-Muslim. Sounds like a leader France should get behind!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 08:01:08 AM »
She's a lot more level-headed than her father was and very, very anti-Muslim. Sounds like a leader France should get behind!

Amazing - women on the right have more balls than the so called men to tell it like it is.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 08:02:29 AM »
Amazing - women on the right have more balls than the so called men to tell it like it is.

Ha, true. And this woman definitely has no problem telling it like it is. MSNBC would have enough "she's a racist bigot!!!" material for 3-4 years worth of Cenk/Tingles meltdowns were she a politician here.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 05:18:06 AM »
I'm not familiar with her, but if that article is any indication, she sounds great.  I think the French government might shit itself over her immigration stance though, lol.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 06:34:15 AM »
Europe MUST go far right, in order to be saved!
S

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 10:06:20 AM »
Does she do anal?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »
She's not bad looking for her age.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »
She sounds pretty reasonable to me, but France has been in a state of collapse since they surrendered to the Nazis in two seconds.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 12:42:55 PM »
Like father like daughter

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 11:26:29 AM »
The only country who has prospered under the Euro is Germany.  It is doomed to fail. 
Abandon every hope...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 03:44:35 PM »
The only country who has prospered under the Euro is Germany.  It is doomed to fail. 

agreed....and Germany wants out because they could be prospering even more without the European Union

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 03:58:18 PM »

Nice art..I can understand the message

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 04:34:54 PM »
The only country who has prospered under the Euro is Germany.  It is doomed to fail.  

A number of experts have predicted that Germany and France will kill the EU within the decade by pulling out of the Euro.

Not that they shouldn't. The German public was furious when Germany had to bail out Greece last year. Was something 90% against and 10% for.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 05:41:56 PM »
A number of experts have predicted that Germany and France will kill the EU within the decade by pulling out of the Euro.

Not that they shouldn't. The German public was furious when Germany had to bail out Greece last year. Was something 90% against and 10% for.

France won't pull out because this whole EU thing was their idea in the first place...also they will fight hard to make Germany stay because this is how the Europeans can keep control over Germany and not let them become militaristic again which is part of the German character and could happen again

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 05:57:16 PM »
French rifle for sale.

Never fired.   Dropped once.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 06:49:49 PM »
France won't pull out because this whole EU thing was their idea in the first place...also they will fight hard to make Germany stay because this is how the Europeans can keep control over Germany and not let them become militaristic again which is part of the German character and could happen again

Germany isn't going to play the role of European piggy bank forever. Germans have a term for the weaker economies in southern Europe and Ireland: PIIGS.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 10:22:30 AM »
Germany isn't going to play the role of European piggy bank forever. Germans have a term for the weaker economies in southern Europe and Ireland: PIIGS.

possibly true

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 09:18:47 PM »
Madonna Stamps Swastika On French Leader, Lawsuit Looms!
Perez Hilton ^ | 6/4/2012
Posted on June 4, 2012 8:23:36 PM EDT by presidio9

Oh here we go!

It may have only shown up briefly, but Marine Le Pen is NOT happy about Madonna labeling her a Nazi during the MDNA tour.

As all eyes were glued to a video screen in Tel Aviv, the face of Marine appeared with a swastika over her forehead. Now, if you're unaware of Marine… let us tell you why she's a little upset…

Being the daughter of convicted racist/anti-Semite/Holocaust-denying Jean-Marie Le Pen, she took control of the National Front and vowed to reform the far-right political party from it's notorious reputation.

HOWEVER, she still wants to limit Muslim immigration and has been been said to support the weakening of Islamic culture in France. Hmm…

Regardless, she maintains she is nowhere near being a Nazi and throws her own shade right back at Madge:

"We understand how old singers who need to get people talking about them go to such extremes. If she does that in France, we'll be waiting [with legal action]."

Ha!

A bit out of touch, no?

Madonna is a living legend whose name will never need extreme publicity

(Excerpt) Read more at perezhilton.com ...

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 03:33:35 AM »
Europe MUST go far right, in order to be saved!
"We had to destroy the village in order to save it"
G