Author Topic: Call it now, who is gonna win in November?  (Read 1634 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Call it now, who is gonna win in November?
« on: June 04, 2012, 01:58:42 PM »
Romney or Obama?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Call it now, who is gonna win in November?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 02:00:19 PM »
Romney or Obama?

If things keep going the way they are - Obama wont be on the ballot in November. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 02:03:44 PM »
Oromney.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 02:06:57 PM »
Too close to call at this point, but if I were a betting man, I'd say Romney.  But a lot can change between now and November.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 02:07:53 PM »
Too close to call at this point, but if I were a betting man, I'd say Romney.  But a lot can change between now and November.

i think its it will be close too, but is OB gets a decent job report in October and lower gas prices its OB for sure.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »

It won't even be close.   Romney is going to win by 5-8 points at this rate.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 02:10:54 PM »
i think its it will be close too, but is OB gets a decent job report in October and lower gas prices its OB for sure.

Not going to happen.   The cake is baked.   The economy is cratering again and we are heading for a few months of possible losses.

Stock market collapsing, mafg collapsing, europe collapsing, obamacare going down, walker likely winning. 

Obama is going to get landslided like 1980 and it wont even be close. 

People living in Cali and NY are clueless and don't see what is occuring.   Bam bam is going to lose NC, VA, FL, OH, Colorado, NV, possibly Wis and PA, etc.   

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 02:12:39 PM »
Obama.     :'(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 02:23:18 PM »

Well gas will be lower, but that won't have anything to do with him.  The overall state of the economy is going to really hurt him, especially the unemployment rate.  I have a thread somewhere that says no president has been reelected when the UE rate has been higher than 7.2 (or something like that). 

Romney has been doing a good job of making this election about the economy.  If he does that, Obama is going to have trouble pulling this out, because his performance on the economy has been awful. 

There are other issues and reasons why Obama should lose, but the economy is the big one. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 02:23:40 PM »
It won't even be close.   Romney is going to win by 5-8 points at this rate.  

Five points is close.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 02:25:21 PM »
Well gas will be lower, but that won't have anything to do with him.  The overall state of the economy is going to really hurt him, especially the unemployment rate.  I have a thread somewhere that says no president has been reelected when the UE rate has been higher than 7.2 (or something like that). 

Romney has been doing a good job of making this election about the economy.  If he does that, Obama is going to have trouble pulling this out, because his performance on the economy has been awful. 

There are other issues and reasons why Obama should lose, but the economy is the big one. 

Just remember who called the mid terms a year in advance to a tee.    ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Same is going to happen and the obama dildoes and liberal left are going to see their entire idealogy and movement collapsed. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 02:27:47 PM »

this record is great  ::) ::) ::) ::)

1. Ranked 47th in job growth: Despite Romney’s professed expertise in creating jobs, Massachusetts ranked 47th in job growth during his time as governor. The state’s total job growth was just 0.9 percent, well behind other high-wage, high-skill economies in New York (2.7), California (4.7), and North Carolina (7.6). The national average, meanwhile, was better than 5 percent.

2. Suffered the second-largest labor force decline in the nation: Only Louisiana, which was ravaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, saw a bigger decline in its labor force than Massachusetts during Romney’s tenure as governor. The US Census Bureau estimated that between July 2002 and July 2006, 222,000 more residents left Massachusetts for other states than came to it. That decline largely explains the state’s decreasing unemployment rate (from 5.6 to 4.7 percent) while Romney was in office, according to Northeastern University economics professor Andrew Sum. At the same time, the nation as a whole added 8 million people to the labor force.

3. Lost 14 percent of its manufacturing jobs: Massachusetts lost 14 percent of its manufacturing jobs during Romney’s time in office, according to Sum. The loss was double the rate that the nation as a whole lost manufacturing jobs. In 2004, Romney vetoed legislation that would have banned companies doing business with the state from outsourcing jobs to other countries.

4. Experienced “below average” economic growth and was “often near the bottom”: “There was not one measure where the state did well under his term in office. We were below average and often near the bottom,” Sum told the Washington Post in February. As a result, the state was more comparable to Rust Belt states like Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio than it was to other high-tech economies it typically competes with.

5. Piled on more debt than any other state: Romney left Massachusetts residents with $10,504 in per capita bond debt, the highest of any state in the nation when he left office in 2007. The state ranked second in debt as a percentage of personal income. Romney regularly omits those statistics from his Massachusetts record, instead touting the fact that he balanced the state’s budget (he was constitutionally required to do so). He wouldn’t be much different as president: his proposed tax plan adds more than $10 trillion to the national debt.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 02:27:57 PM »

Just remember who called the mid terms a year in advance to a tee.    ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Same is going to happen and the obama dildoes and liberal left are going to see their entire idealogy and movement collapsed. 

I think he will probably lose, but I can't see a blowout.  Still too many people drinking the Kool-Aide.  Too many party loyalists.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 02:28:21 PM »

this record is great  ::) ::) ::) ::)

1. Ranked 47th in job growth: Despite Romney’s professed expertise in creating jobs, Massachusetts ranked 47th in job growth during his time as governor. The state’s total job growth was just 0.9 percent, well behind other high-wage, high-skill economies in New York (2.7), California (4.7), and North Carolina (7.6). The national average, meanwhile, was better than 5 percent.

2. Suffered the second-largest labor force decline in the nation: Only Louisiana, which was ravaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, saw a bigger decline in its labor force than Massachusetts during Romney’s tenure as governor. The US Census Bureau estimated that between July 2002 and July 2006, 222,000 more residents left Massachusetts for other states than came to it. That decline largely explains the state’s decreasing unemployment rate (from 5.6 to 4.7 percent) while Romney was in office, according to Northeastern University economics professor Andrew Sum. At the same time, the nation as a whole added 8 million people to the labor force.

3. Lost 14 percent of its manufacturing jobs: Massachusetts lost 14 percent of its manufacturing jobs during Romney’s time in office, according to Sum. The loss was double the rate that the nation as a whole lost manufacturing jobs. In 2004, Romney vetoed legislation that would have banned companies doing business with the state from outsourcing jobs to other countries.

4. Experienced “below average” economic growth and was “often near the bottom”: “There was not one measure where the state did well under his term in office. We were below average and often near the bottom,” Sum told the Washington Post in February. As a result, the state was more comparable to Rust Belt states like Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio than it was to other high-tech economies it typically competes with.

5. Piled on more debt than any other state: Romney left Massachusetts residents with $10,504 in per capita bond debt, the highest of any state in the nation when he left office in 2007. The state ranked second in debt as a percentage of personal income. Romney regularly omits those statistics from his Massachusetts record, instead touting the fact that he balanced the state’s budget (he was constitutionally required to do so). He wouldn’t be much different as president: his proposed tax plan adds more than $10 trillion to the national debt.

Do you ever think for yourself? 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 02:30:11 PM »
Obama.     :'(
I think the same - but only because I expect the worst but hope for the best.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 02:31:20 PM »
I think he will probably lose, but I can't see a blowout.  Still too many people drinking the Kool-Aide.  Too many party loyalists.  

Remember - most leftists are lazy slugs.   Unless they are promised free stuff, they dont show up.  

Obama is going to get landslided for three reasons - low turnout by dems, indes, and increased GOP turnout.  

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 02:33:07 PM »
Do you ever think for yourself? 

whats that have to do with the post, hey  but nice try

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 02:39:25 PM »
If things keep going the way they are - Obama wont be on the ballot in November. 

you really believe this don't you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 02:51:20 PM »
you really believe this don't you?

Yes - no way the party will allow itself two wipeouts in a row just to placate obama like they did in 2010. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 02:51:54 PM »

Remember - most leftists are lazy slugs.   Unless they are promised free stuff, they dont show up.  

Obama is going to get landslided for three reasons - low turnout by dems, indes, and increased GOP turnout.  

I don't agree about most liberals.  I know lots of them who are not lazy slugs.  I do agree the base will not be energized like it was in 2008.  They can't run against Bush, or the war, and The Messiah has lost some of his magic.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 02:52:57 PM »
whats that have to do with the post, hey  but nice try

It has to do with you asking me to respond to something you probably grabbed off someplace like the Daily Kos.  Didn't even read it. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 03:02:01 PM »
Yes - no way the party will allow itself two wipeouts in a row just to placate obama like they did in 2010. 

ok genius - somehow the party decides they are going to throw the incumbant POTUS off the ticket.   How exactly do they do that at this point in game, who replaces him, how do they sell it to party and the Democratic supporters/public,  how does this put them in a stronger position and who atually spearheads this change

You really don't seem to understand that you are INSANE and the rest of world does not "see" the sames things that you do         

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »
It has to do with you asking me to respond to something you probably grabbed off someplace like the Daily Kos.  Didn't even read it. 

just respond and stop making excuses, ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 03:06:22 PM »
ok genius - somehow the party decides they are going to throw the incumbant POTUS off the ticket.   How exactly do they do that at this point in game, who replaces him, how do they sell it to party and the Democratic supporters/public,  how does this put them in a stronger position and who atually spearheads this change

You really don't seem to understand that you are INSANE and the rest of world does not "see" the sames things that you do         

Remember LBJ?

Hillary is waiting in the wings to rescue the dem party from a total and catastrophic collapse that is coming, and she and Bill, along w booker, rendell, and many other dems see looming the way obama is going. 

But take comfort in your little leftist bubble, will make it all the more amusing to watch as this meltdown unfolds.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 03:18:47 PM »
Remember LBJ?

Hillary is waiting in the wings to rescue the dem party from a total and catastrophic collapse that is coming, and she and Bill, along w booker, rendell, and many other dems see looming the way obama is going. 

But take comfort in your little leftist bubble, will make it all the more amusing to watch as this meltdown unfolds.     

you're free to believe whatever you'd like and I'll be glad to mock you for it

I guess from your post you think this will happen at the convention