Author Topic: Keith Jardine vs. Chuck Liddell in september  (Read 3663 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Keith Jardine vs. Chuck Liddell in september
« on: July 17, 2007, 07:32:21 PM »
With all of the controversy and speculation surrounding the potential main event fight between former champ, Chuck Liddell and former Pride champion, Wanderlei Silva, the UFC finally put the fight to sleep after Silva requested to fight in November instead of the scheduled September 22nd date the organization had set for the main event of UFC 76. Now with Liddell expecting to fight in September the UFC found a new opponent and his name is Keith Jardine

Jardine confirmed the fight to MMAWeekly today saying he expects the deal to be done and the fight to be signed “any day.”

Jardine was considered one of the top contenders for the title in the light heavyweight division prior to his loss to Houston Alexander at UFC 71, the same card that saw Liddell lose his UFC light heavyweight title to new champ, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson. Jardine is still a top flight opponent for Liddell and with both fighters coming off losses, this is a must win for each.

This fight is slated to be the main event for a card that will also feature the debut of former Pride Grand Prix winner, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua. Jardine has to see this fight as the biggest opportunity of his career and a win over Liddell would surely erase the fight with Alexander out of many people’s minds.

For Chuck Liddell, this fight may not be as anticipated as the long awaited match with Wanderlei Silva would have been but he will need to be just as prepared for Jardine who loves to throw heavy leg kicks and is a solid stand-up fighter in his own right.

UFC 76 will take place on September 22nd, from Anaheim, California
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Keith Jardine vs. Chuck Liddell in september
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 07:36:55 PM »
Good to know Liddell's taking a September fight so he can avoid Wandy until 2008.  ::)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 12:02:40 AM »
Wouldn't it be a hoot if Jardine KOs Chuck.  Especially when Dana ripped DSE for having Wandy fight Hendo and lose out on the potential BIG marquee matchup.  I hope the Dean brings his A game, I would love for him to KO Chuck just to see Dana'a face.  ;D

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 11:16:50 AM »
Good to know Liddell's taking a September fight so he can avoid Wandy until 2008.  ::)

How is he avoiding Wanderlei?  I highly doubt either Wandy or Chuck are avoiding each other both are warriors. To be honest with the two devastating KO's Silva has faced this year I would say it is a good thing this fight wont happen in September. I would rather see a well rested fully healed Wandy fight Chuck. That way win lose or draw they both come in at 100% and there will be no excuses from the Chuck or Wandy huggers. Either way I hope this fight eventually happens.....

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 11:49:51 AM »
How is he avoiding Wanderlei?  I highly doubt either Wandy or Chuck are avoiding each other both are warriors. To be honest with the two devastating KO's Silva has faced this year I would say it is a good thing this fight wont happen in September. I would rather see a well rested fully healed Wandy fight Chuck. That way win lose or draw they both come in at 100% and there will be no excuses from the Chuck or Wandy huggers. Either way I hope this fight eventually happens.....

Maybe because Wandy says he can do November without a problem and as soon as that happens Chuck goes and takes a September fight, after popping his mouth off about wanting this fight to happen as soon as possible. Wandy's a warrior, Chuck's a puppet of Dana White.

Fact of the matter is that if Chuck wanted to fight him badly enough, he'd wait 2 months. He only fights 2 or 3 times a year anyway, so it's not like he's trying to get as many fights in as he can.

Like Americanbulldog said, it'll make my year if Jardine KO's Chuck and the hype for this goes straight into the shitter.

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »
Maybe because Wandy says he can do November without a problem and as soon as that happens Chuck goes and takes a September fight, after popping his mouth off about wanting this fight to happen as soon as possible. Wandy's a warrior, Chuck's a puppet of Dana White.

Fact of the matter is that if Chuck wanted to fight him badly enough, he'd wait 2 months. He only fights 2 or 3 times a year anyway, so it's not like he's trying to get as many fights in as he can.

Like Americanbulldog said, it'll make my year if Jardine KO's Chuck and the hype for this goes straight into the shitter.

Sorry man just can't buy the fact that either of them are ducking each other. To say Chuck is a puppet or anything like that I just can't agree.  The same could be said if Wandy was such a warrior he would fight for any amount any time. The last statement is not my opinion I am just saying that could be said... Come on guys both of these guys are great fighters I would say Dana is dooing something before Chuck or Wandy....

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 04:21:27 PM »
Sorry man just can't buy the fact that either of them are ducking each other. To say Chuck is a puppet or anything like that I just can't agree.  The same could be said if Wandy was such a warrior he would fight for any amount any time. The last statement is not my opinion I am just saying that could be said... Come on guys both of these guys are great fighters I would say Dana is dooing something before Chuck or Wandy....

Yeah, Dana's doing something. He's not letting Chuck fight a Wandy that's ready to rock. He can't have his golden boy losing twice in one year, two 2 former Pride fighters nonetheless. It would completely ruin Chuck's "God" image that Dana's created. Of course Chuck is a Dana puppet. They're pretty much butt buddies. He wants a Sept fight because Wandy's not even training that much right now because he's got a ton of other things going on his life.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 05:29:12 PM »
can't wait for this ::)

E
E

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 05:50:52 PM »
Yeah, Dana's doing something. He's not letting Chuck fight a Wandy that's ready to rock. He can't have his golden boy losing twice in one year, two 2 former Pride fighters nonetheless. It would completely ruin Chuck's "God" image that Dana's created. Of course Chuck is a Dana puppet. They're pretty much butt buddies. He wants a Sept fight because Wandy's not even training that much right now because he's got a ton of other things going on his life.

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just don't see Chuck or Wandy for that matter being the ones that are holding this fight up. Maybe I am naive but I think UFC needs someone to headline UFC 76. I mean besides Liddell who would you get to headline? I mean Couture and St Pierre are fighting in August. Rampage/Henderson are fighting at UFC 75 and 75's card has not been fully set yet. Serra and Hughes can't fight due to commitment on the next TUF (I think that has been signed). I mean there are some big names from Pride that could be on the card but I am nto sure if Dana belives they have enough recognition to sell a PPV in the US. Unfortunatly I think this is more about business then anything else (again just my opinion). I think as much as everyone would like to believe that the fighters can choose when to fight they are all under contract and basically are told when to fight. I am sure some fighters have more of a say then others but I think (again purely opinion) that if they need a headliner to fight they are made to fight. I really think this is purely business I could be way off but in the end Dana is a businessman. I think his greatest loyalty is to $$$. Also it seems like Dana is a bit of a control freak so it might be the fact he doesn't like being dictated terms to combine that with a need for a headliner could be the reason. I would think if Liddell would have ducked any fight it would have been the rematch against Rampage...    

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 06:37:16 PM »
I thought Wandy was not going to fight until after the new year.

Neither Chuck or Wandy are ducting each other

Shogun vs Forrest Griffin soon - R.I.P. Forrest  ;D

RIP Bob Probert