Author Topic: More Pentagon UFO information  (Read 81779 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: More Pentagon UFO information
« Reply #800 on: July 01, 2021, 04:33:36 AM »

How on earth is any educated person supposed to debate someone like you? Can’t be done because you cling to your cherished beliefs no matter what. I require compelling evidence whereas you accept popular opinions. Is there any argument that would make you change your mind? I doubt it.

you dont debate though.You replies are typically 7 words or so consisting of a denial with no counter argument then a comment calling the person some version of an idiot. At least Phantom Spunker bothers to form some kind of fleshed out counter argument, I respect him for that.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #801 on: July 02, 2021, 02:06:30 AM »
you dont debate though.You replies are typically 7 words or so consisting of a denial with no counter argument then a comment calling the person some version of an idiot. At least Phantom Spunker bothers to form some kind of fleshed out counter argument, I respect him for that.

When the Armyologist suggests that the explanation for UAP might be time travel or coming from another dimension then all rational debate ends. The supernatural is never an explanation for phenomena here on Earth.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #802 on: July 02, 2021, 02:13:30 AM »
When the Armyologist suggests that the explanation for UAP might be time travel or coming from another dimension then all rational debate ends. The supinator is never an explanation for phenomena here on Earth.

Fixed.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #803 on: July 02, 2021, 02:25:56 AM »
When the Armyologist suggests that the explanation for UAP might be time travel or coming from another dimension then all rational debate ends. The supernatural is never an explanation for phenomena here on Earth.

you keep posting your hero degrasse tyson, and I've posted videos where he talks about other dimensions.here he talks about time travel and multiverses.Honestly, you just seem like someone who switched off learning and thinking back in 1960.

https://www.facebook.com/neildegrassetyson/videos/719891192226886/

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #804 on: July 02, 2021, 07:41:59 PM »
you keep posting your hero degrasse tyson, and I've posted videos where he talks about other dimensions.here he talks about time travel and multiverses.Honestly, you just seem like someone who switched off learning and thinking back in 1960.

https://www.facebook.com/neildegrassetyson/videos/719891192226886/

We watch some of the same videos but interpret them very differently. Tyson was imagining a multiverse and we don't have any evidence that any other universes exist. So all that talk is just speculation and entertainment. The trouble is there are so many science fiction movies that portray all manner of impossible things that ordinary people end up believing some of that nonsense. For example, in Star Wars we find people talking live with others in another star system. That is clearly impossible. Our closest star is over 4 light years away. If there was someone there and he said hi he would have to wait over 8 years to get a reply. We hear talk of worm holes and so on but the truth is we know virtually nothing about these imaginary entities. If time travel is possible how come we haven't been visited by anyone from the future? I agree that there is still a lot to learn in our universe but we should proceed with caution and not embrace the excitement generated by science fiction.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #805 on: July 02, 2021, 08:11:49 PM »
In science we proceed by observation and experiments. Scientists make conjectures about phenomena and propose hypotheses and sometimes theories result when enough evidence supports them. At any time theories can be overturned or at least improved. If a theory is falsified the holder has to abandon it. That is the way science makes progress.

In this discussion many ideas have been proposed to explain UAP. I avoid any concept using the words flying or object because that is exactly what we want explained. I await compelling evidence about  unexplained phenomena whereas others like Army of One proposes all manner of 'explanations'. If he is not willing to abandon his theories then he is clearly not scientific but a layman speculating about matters he doesn't have a clue about. In the meantime there are groups who believe in strange phenomena...such as UFOlogists. If we do find compelling evidence of such phenomena I will change my mind. Will Army of One change his mind if no evidence is forthcoming? I rather doubt it. Such individuals are embracing science fiction as reality.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #806 on: July 04, 2021, 11:11:17 PM »
In science we proceed by observation and experiments. Scientists make conjectures about phenomena and propose hypotheses and sometimes theories result when enough evidence supports them. At any time theories can be overturned or at least improved. If a theory is falsified the holder has to abandon it. That is the way science makes progress.

In this discussion many ideas have been proposed to explain UAP. I avoid any concept using the words flying or object because that is exactly what we want explained. I await compelling evidence about  unexplained phenomena whereas others like Army of One proposes all manner of 'explanations'. If he is not willing to abandon his theories then he is clearly not scientific but a layman speculating about matters he doesn't have a clue about. In the meantime there are groups who believe in strange phenomena...such as UFOlogists. If we do find compelling evidence of such phenomena I will change my mind. Will Army of One change his mind if no evidence is forthcoming? I rather doubt it. Such individuals are embracing science fiction as reality.

I concur. It sounds like you are open to evidence that would support it.. just not there yet

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #807 on: July 06, 2021, 10:54:43 AM »
I concur. It sounds like you are open to evidence that would support it.. just not there yet

E V I D E N C E  ??? what evidence  ???

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #808 on: July 06, 2021, 11:13:22 AM »
Give it a break!  You have &$^%#all. Zero evidence. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that we have UFO = aliens believers. Lots of ignorant people around and many gullible watching YouTube crap.

It shocks me that people don't realize there is life everywhere we look. Are there little grey men in our solar system? No. Is there microbial life we have seen evidence of from multiple planets and their moons in our solar system? Absolutely, am I the only getbigger who took Astronomy in college and keeps up on new developments? Probably

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #809 on: July 06, 2021, 11:20:10 AM »
It shocks me that people don't realize there is life everywhere we look. Are there little grey men in our solar system? No. Is there microbial life we have seen evidence of from multiple planets and their moons in our solar system? Absolutely, am I the only getbigger who took Astronomy in college and keeps up on new developments? Probably

how do you know?

We really don't know shit

For all of our existence up until about 150 years ago our primary technological advancement was pulling a wooden cart behind horse or an ox.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #810 on: July 06, 2021, 02:08:25 PM »
how do you know?

For all of our existence up until about 150 years ago our primary technological advancement was pulling a wooden cart behind horse or an ox.

That's the kicker.

We think humans are so advanced, when in reality i doubt the instruments we use to measure things in outer space are accurate enough to pick up anything outside our realm of basic knowledge.

I think there are many things far more advanced than us that are not so far away. We just haven't learned how to comprehend their existence or even measure it.

On a galactic level, i doubt we have much understanding of how this all works. We know what we have discovered, but i have a hard time believing we fully understand life, biology and even chemistry outside our world. Even what we know of on Earth, may not be as accurate as we think it is.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #811 on: July 06, 2021, 03:15:52 PM »
That's the kicker.

We think humans are so advanced, when in reality i doubt the instruments we use to measure things in outer space are accurate enough to pick up anything outside our realm of basic knowledge.

I think there are many things far more advanced than us that are not so far away. We just haven't learned how to comprehend their existence or even measure it.

On a galactic level, i doubt we have much understanding of how this all works. We know what we have discovered, but i have a hard time believing we fully understand life, biology and even chemistry outside our world. Even what we know of on Earth, may not be as accurate as we think it is.

This is about where I am with this stuff - that of course based on our current understanding this stuff can feel outlandish, but as I think others have mentioned in this thread, imagine trying to explain x-rays or radio waves to stone age humans...

So once you start conceptualising things like the Alcubierre principle, or uncoupling from the Higgs field, or quantum entanglement/disentanglement, who really knows where we will be in 200 years time...

If people are familiar with the element 115 angle to the Lazar story, this guy develops quite an interesting take - that galactic neighbours just might not be that interested in us due to the paucity of heavier elements in a stable state in our (relatively) young solar system - the more exotic 'good stuff' is found in the older systems...

T

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #812 on: July 06, 2021, 04:04:09 PM »
This is about where I am with this stuff - that of course based on our current understanding this stuff can feel outlandish, but as I think others have mentioned in this thread, imagine trying to explain x-rays or radio waves to stone age humans...

So once you start conceptualising things like the Alcubierre principle, or uncoupling from the Higgs field, or quantum entanglement/disentanglement, who really knows where we will be in 200 years time...

If people are familiar with the element 115 angle to the Lazar story, this guy develops quite an interesting take - that galactic neighbours just might not be that interested in us due to the paucity of heavier elements in a stable state in our (relatively) young solar system - the more exotic 'good stuff' is found in the older systems...

Good post.

We could be like an ant pile in someone's back yard.

Our importance is self imposed. We aren't special.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #813 on: July 06, 2021, 10:28:46 PM »
I've got nothing.  I like to consider myself intellectually curious but UFO's and the like just don't peak my interest whatsoever. 

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #814 on: July 07, 2021, 06:07:34 AM »
how do you know?

I said our solar system not the Universe our solar system is our 8 or 9 planets and the Sun. We have multiple scientific instruments monitoring our solar system we would be able to detect a civilization on one of our planets. Could there be some somewhere else sure absolutely but we don't know. We do know microbial life can survive and travel in space and have seen evidence of it everywhere. So yes microbial aliens fact little grey men possibility. How do I know because I took fucking astronomy and actually studied the shit

And really you think the wheel was the latest and greatest thing 150 years ago? WTF rock do you live under???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #815 on: July 07, 2021, 11:21:53 AM »
I said our solar system not the Universe our solar system is our 8 or 9 planets and the Sun. We have multiple scientific instruments monitoring our solar system we would be able to detect a civilization on one of our planets. Could there be some somewhere else sure absolutely but we don't know. We do know microbial life can survive and travel in space and have seen evidence of it everywhere. So yes microbial aliens fact little grey men possibility. How do I know because I took fucking astronomy and actually studied the shit

And really you think the wheel was the latest and greatest thing 150 years ago? WTF rock do you live under???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

sure we had Industrial Revolution but as a means of transportation the vast majority of the planet was using a horse and cart even into the early 20th century.

There are parts of our own planet that we have not yet even explored

There could be an advanced (non-human) civilization somewhere on/in this planet or on/in our moon or elsewhere within our solar system. 

We've been seeing these things for 70+ years are we not only can't explain them but we can't even really figure out what we're looking at.

The only thing we know for sure is that we don't know that much at all ...yet

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #816 on: July 07, 2021, 11:25:48 AM »
This guy in Italy has been filming these things almost his entire life

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #817 on: July 07, 2021, 05:04:37 PM »
sure we had Industrial Revolution but as a means of transportation the vast majority of the planet was using a horse and cart even into the early 20th century.

There could be an advanced (non-human) civilization somewhere on/in this planet or on/in our moon or elsewhere within our solar system. 

We've been seeing these things for 70+ years are we not only can't explain them but we can't even really figure out what we're looking at.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #819 on: July 07, 2021, 10:16:16 PM »

Speculating and thinking something is clearly not evidence. Believing something no matter how strongly is not a guarantee of being right.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #820 on: July 07, 2021, 10:17:19 PM »
Weather balloon!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #822 on: July 08, 2021, 11:05:43 AM »
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/07/210706180905.htm

That is a sensational link - thanks for posting  8)

"They conclude that Cassini's data are consistent either with microbial hydrothermal vent activity, or with processes that don't involve life forms but are different from the ones known to occur on Earth"
T

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #823 on: July 20, 2021, 09:04:28 PM »
I've got nothing.  I like to consider myself intellectually curious but UFO's and the like just don't peak my interest whatsoever.

On that vein, I'm with you. I'm curious, and I'll admit I hope there is something out there besides us. But it's not something I dwell on.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #824 on: July 20, 2021, 09:05:15 PM »

good post