Author Topic: Andy Haman - RIP  (Read 22497 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Andy Haman - RIP
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2021, 01:35:30 AM »
Look in the mirror

Wow, that’s very original says the guy that provided no proof whatsoever of someone 5’9 weighing 180 with a 42 inch waist

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2021, 01:36:44 AM »
well for those of you who want to know, as i said i'm 5'9 and weigh 220 pounds, and wear 34/35 inch size pants... i've been at this weight more or less give or take a few pounds over and a few pounds under for years and years now... i could eat 24/7 for a week or starve for a week and the weight stays around the same...as i've said before don't drink, don't smoke, and i DO DO cardio 3 times a week for 20 to 30 minutes not to mention the 10 minutes of cardio before and after i lift.....

would like to lose bodyfat, but it's the age old story... to gain muscle you have to eat, but if you eat, your not going to lose body fat, the old story you can't gain muscle (and thus weight?) and lose bodyfat  at the same time?....

unless, i'm wrong how can i gain muscle and lose bodyfat at the same time while having to eat to gain the muscle?...

A better idea would be to bulk up to 310, and waddle around like a Ifbb pro

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2021, 02:35:24 AM »
Wow, that’s very original says the guy that provided no proof whatsoever of someone 5’9 weighing 180 with a 42 inch waist

Here you go son

Given how desperate you were for a pic I'm gonna assume you have a fetish for this kinda look. Enjoy.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2021, 01:35:21 PM »
well for those of you who want to know, as i said i'm 5'9 and weigh 220 pounds, and wear 34/35 inch size pants... i've been at this weight more or less give or take a few pounds over and a few pounds under for years and years now... i could eat 24/7 for a week or starve for a week and the weight stays around the same...as i've said before don't drink, don't smoke, and i DO DO cardio 3 times a week for 20 to 30 minutes not to mention the 10 minutes of cardio before and after i lift.....

would like to lose bodyfat, but it's the age old story... to gain muscle you have to eat, but if you eat, your not going to lose body fat, the old story you can't gain muscle (and thus weight?) and lose bodyfat  at the same time?....

unless, i'm wrong how can i gain muscle and lose bodyfat at the same time while having to eat to gain the muscle?...

;D

Right. I bet you look like you've never lifted a weight in your life.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2021, 04:32:33 PM »
Here you go son

Given how desperate you were for a pic I'm gonna assume you have a fetish for this kinda look. Enjoy.

That’s not a 42 inch waist though

I prefer you post a pic of yourself

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2021, 07:16:58 PM »
That’s not a 42 inch waist though

I prefer you post a pic of yourself

Wow, that’s very original says the guy that provided no proof whatsoever that this isn't a 42 inch waist.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2021, 11:49:40 PM »
Wow, that’s very original says the guy that provided no proof whatsoever that this isn't a 42 inch waist.

But is he 5’9 180 with a 42 inch waist though?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2021, 03:52:27 AM »

besides, doesn't it matter if weight, any weight is more muscle than pure out of shape fat? doesn't body composition matter and the most factor?..

Unfortunately no, it doesn't matter if it's fat or muscle.  The excess weight puts a strain on the heart.

Frank Zane was 5'9" and competed at around 180 or less.  Probably weighed 200 when bulked on drugs.  Zane's natural weight was probably 170.

Steve Reeves was a shade under 6'2" and competed at around 200 or less. His normal weight 210.  Natty.

So Reeves was 5 inches taller than you and weighed 10-20 lbs less than you and he was natty.

Take some relaxed pics of yourself from the front, back and sides.  You probably be shocked at what you look like.

Pants size doesn't measure waist really.  Modern pants ride at the hips.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2021, 05:00:05 AM »
Unfortunately no, it doesn't matter if it's fat or muscle.  The excess weight puts a strain on the heart.

Frank Zane was 5'9" and competed at around 180 or less.  Probably weighed 200 when bulked on drugs.  Zane's natural weight was probably 170.

Steve Reeves was a shade under 6'2" and competed at around 200 or less. His normal weight 210.  Natty.

So Reeves was 5 inches taller than you and weighed 10-20 lbs less than you and he was natty.

Take some relaxed pics of yourself from the front, back and sides.  You probably be shocked at what you look like.

You were close with Frank Zane's weight - he competed at 185-lb generally, but competed at around 200-lb in 1980. In fact, he may have hit 205-lb. That was his heaviest competition weight at 5'9", and when I talked to him in person, he said that he felt he didn't look good at that weight. I personally felt he did look good - his condition, albeit down a little, was still good by the standards of other competitors [even if down by his own standards], and his back was much thicker when he competed at 200-lb or 205-lb, or whatever it was in 1980.

Otherwise, 185-lb was the sweet spot for him, and likely the weight he was when he won his won his three Mr. Olympia contests [1977, 1978, 1979].

I agree with you that he was likely a natural 170-lb.

So you, you got all those weights right for Frank.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2021, 06:43:48 AM »
Zane weighed 177 for one of his Olympia wins, probably the last one.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2021, 09:18:56 AM »

Broscience at it's finest, lol. That is such a pile of bullshit I don't know where to begin. It absolutely does matter if the "excess weight" is fat or muscle.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/JAHA.118.009358

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2021, 02:37:01 PM »

Broscience at it's finest, lol. That is such a pile of bullshit I don't know where to begin. It absolutely does matter if the "excess weight" is fat or muscle.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/JAHA.118.009358

So 315 pounds of muscle is healthier than 315 pounds of fat?

Bbing is excessive, over the top, no way it’s any healthier than a fat ass person. What that article seems to imply is someone that is healthy, moderate muscles, not 260+ single digits at 5’7

Kind of cancels each other out due to the excess drugs, excess eating, diuretics, rec drugs, etc. imo.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2021, 02:41:16 PM »

Someone should tell that to “flexacon”

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2021, 06:29:29 PM »
Someone should tell that to “flexacon”

Someone should teach you how to improve your reading comprehension Divo. At no point have I referenced pant size/hip measurement. Even referenced what "waist" refers to so morons like you won't get confused.

Just to own your bitch ass again I'll quote this.

Weight to height is a bit of an over simplification. Waist measurement/stomach fat is a better gauge. Generally over 40" is when health turns to shit.

So you can be 5'9", 200lbs with a 34" waist and be in great health. You can also be 5'9", 180lbs with a 42" waist and have health issues because of it.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2021, 08:13:56 PM »
Weight to height is a bit of an over simplification. Waist measurement/stomach fat is a better gauge. Generally over 40" is when health turns to shit.

So you can be 5'9", 200lbs with a 34" waist and be in great health. You can also be 5'9", 180lbs with a 42" waist and have health issues because of it.

:D :D

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2021, 05:18:04 PM »
Why is is always bodybuilders and never the very obvious CrossFit games roid users

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2021, 11:19:12 AM »
Muscle weight is healthy

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2021, 01:43:00 PM »
The count seems inflated because unless  you're George Floyd and you have anything else that's killing you, including a Mac Truck or a rogue Cop of Non-Colour, and the autopsy reveals Covid in your system, you died from Covid and NOTHING else.

FTN.

I have allergies to dogs, cats and feathers, etc. When they flared up, they have caused asthma exacerbations, and bouts of bronchial pneumonia. If I were to get COVID and die....what would I have died of, in your opinion?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2021, 02:33:47 PM »
It doesn't matter if it's fat or muscle.

Life Insurance companies know this and that's why they use height-to-weight charts. 

If your weight exceeds the range for your height they charge you more because statistically you'll die sooner.

If you think Life Insurance companies don't know reality you are sadly mistaken.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2021, 12:52:01 PM »
It doesn't matter if it's fat or muscle.

Life Insurance companies know this and that's why they use height-to-weight charts. 

If your weight exceeds the range for your height they charge you more because statistically you'll die sooner.

If you think Life Insurance companies don't know reality you are sadly mistaken.

I'm not sad, nor mistaken. I just actually research things before I post them :) I just had a physical for a Pacific Life Insurance policy. They measured my waist and hips- didn't even bother to weigh me. I guess they didn't get your memo, haha.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/bmi-stop-measuring-weight-height-health-measure-fitness-fat-a7894951.html

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/risk.htm

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2021, 04:28:47 PM »

I'm not sad, nor mistaken. I just actually research things before I post them :) I just had a physical for a Pacific Life Insurance policy. They measured my waist and hips- didn't even bother to weigh me. I guess they didn't get your memo, haha.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/bmi-stop-measuring-weight-height-health-measure-fitness-fat-a7894951.html

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/risk.htm

What if someone that is 250 pounds of muscle at 5’5? Is that healthier than 5’5 at 250 of fat?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2021, 05:53:37 PM »
What if someone that is 250 pounds of muscle at 5’5? Is that healthier than 5’5 at 250 of fat?

I think it's worse to be fat, but both are bad.

250-lb of muscle while on steroids [as most would be] may be the equalizer. Among naturals, I would think both are bad [to be too heavy], but that fat is worse.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2021, 02:34:51 AM »
250 at 5'5 in muscle

not the muscle itself, but what he had to do to get to 250 at 5'5 i.e. massive amounts of AAS, HGH etc. Eventually one organ or another will fail from that

I see plenty of fat people at 250 70+ years old.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2021, 05:23:39 AM »
250 at 5'5 in muscle

not the muscle itself, but what he had to do to get to 250 at 5'5 i.e. massive amounts of AAS, HGH etc. Eventually one organ or another will fail from that

I see plenty of fat people at 250 70+ years old.

Although no comparison to sheer fat, to some extent it is the muscle itself at that poundage, for example, ongoing drag on the cardiovascular system

Plus of course the factors mentioned above stressing other individual organs as well as cardiovascular.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2021, 09:36:50 PM »
Although no comparison to sheer fat, to some extent it is the muscle itself at that poundage, for example, ongoing drag on the cardiovascular system

Plus of course the factors mentioned above stressing other individual organs as well as cardiovascular.

I'm sure the tissue itself, even if it's muscle, would be a systemic burden on a person's body.

But if a natural put on 25-lb of muscle over a decade, and a friend of the same height and weight put on 25-lb of fat... surely the fat guy would be worse off for having gained fat...no?