Author Topic: NY state legalizes recreational Marijuana use  (Read 8118 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: NY state legalizes recreational Marijuana use
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2021, 04:04:34 PM »

Dear god - just admit you like being high. No need to pretend it is the reason for the theory of relativity, lol

OK Nancy Reagan.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2021, 08:37:14 PM »
It may have, or may have not.

I know doctors, lawyers, surgeons, architects, PhD students, professors, etc. That have smoked weed almost their entire lives.

It can make you lazy, but it doesn't prevent you from being successful. Ambition typically comes from within, it doesn't just happen.

Carl Sagan, one of the greatest astronomers who basically helped create the Voyager program for NASA, admitted a lot of his greatest ideas came from being stoned.

My dad's good friend was an engineering professor for Rice University, a very highly distinguished man. He helped define concepts of fluid dynamics and chemical treatment for pumping concrete vertically to build skyscrapers. This guy smokes weed every night. He's a brilliant man. You would never know it if you met him, but he's almost always high.

I'd welcome an email exchange with your dad's friend if he's willing. I'm working on mix designs for pumpable render/mortar. Even though it's just sand aggregate and no rocks, mortars are non-newtonian thixotropic fluids just like concrete, but are more prone to segregate than strong mixes. Concrete guys generally say you can't pump a "short mix," meaning it doesn't have enough cement fines to fill the void spaces in the aggregate.

The challenge is basically to get something that doesn't segregate in a pump but still gives up its water and cement fines to a brick wall sufficiently rapidly that it "grabs on" and doesn't come sliding off the wall when loaded 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick. So far, air entrainment seems like the best bet. Cellulose water retentive admixtures are great for pumpability but are lousy for keeping stucco hanging on the wall.

I can't just go to the shop and buy a bag of Jimmy's Pumpable Stucco. I'm in Australia and there's basically a big pile of sand where the dump truck left it, and that's what you're working from. I could import some pumpable mix, since they have it in the US, but finding out what Jimmy puts in there to make it work would be way easier and more profitable.

Not sure what I can offer in exchange. Guess I could share my observations in return. Can pm you my email if he's interested.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2021, 10:08:18 PM »
I'd welcome an email exchange with your dad's friend if he's willing. I'm working on mix designs for pumpable render/mortar. Even though it's just sand aggregate and no rocks, mortars are non-newtonian thixotropic fluids just like concrete, but are more prone to segregate than strong mixes. Concrete guys generally say you can't pump a "short mix," meaning it doesn't have enough cement fines to fill the void spaces in the aggregate.

Oobleck! Have you tried cornstarch? Prolly too expensive ;D

Sorry - added absolutely nothing to the discussion here - pls ignore
T

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2021, 10:33:19 PM »

LOL I'll stop now, could ramble on forever. Not claiming weed is the key to a magical, perfect life, but I definitely bought into the villification of it when I was younger- even just 15 years ago I had a really negative opinion of weed smokers. I'm glad I have a more measure view of it now.

It's no worse than alcohol. If anything alcohol is more damaging/dangerous of the 2.

But one thing that blurs the issue is that stuff being smoked by the hippies in the 60s is in most cases very different to what's generally consumed now. The hippie weed is a non issue, but some of the stuff that's legally available now is and will become even more problematic.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2021, 10:48:05 PM »
Jizzos point is valid. It can trigger psychosis in those who are genetically more susceptible to it. You hear the odd story of a guy chopping up his parents heads off coz of some voice in head telling him they have the devil in them or something equally absurd.

It must be a very odd story because I have never heard it before. Is this how Lizzy Bordon got away with giving her mother 40 whacks with an ax and then gave her father 40 more? Was she high on a joint?  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2021, 10:51:39 PM »
right! every night I roll a joint and walk my dogs for 2 hours and vibe out to music

How great for your dogs.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2021, 10:54:34 PM »
All I know is the stoners from high school and college were low lives with no ambition.  I wonder if their use was connected to low ambition to succeed in a career?  Having never used it I wonder if I would have a different opinion if I did.

I seriously think it might be good if you gave it a try. There are times when you seem wound up tight. I joint or an edible, might help you relax a little.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2021, 11:06:15 PM »
THC typically enhances a persons mental state.

It can make someone act more intense to a trait they already have.

People who are paranoid can typically become very paranoid on it.

When i was in college, we had this massive water bong. I took a huge rip off of it and felt like shit for about 3 hours. I was so high i didn't know what to do. That's the only bad experience i've had with weed.

I have very little experience with weed. The first few times I tried it, nothing happened. The last time, I got crazy paranoid. Some of you have suggested it magnifies your emotional state at the time. I have to agree. At least in regards to my own experience. When I look back on that experience, I can see where I had reason to feel paranoid, just not to the degree that I felt it.

All I know is that it was such an unpleasant experience, that I never tried weed again. This was like a thousand years ago. Who know's maybe it is time to give it another try. I could stand with a little mellowing out sometimes. If it is another paranoid episode...than no thank you very much.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2021, 11:11:34 PM »
Oobleck! Have you tried cornstarch? Prolly too expensive ;D

Sorry - added absolutely nothing to the discussion here - pls ignore

Just trying to demonstrate that the fellow could expect more from my side of the email fence than, "Ya bro. I spread it on the wall bro. Pump don't work good nuf bro." We plasterers aren't renowned for our artuculosity.

Potato starch is a common ingredient in gypsum plasters as a thickener, I believe. Its far cheaper than gypsum and I'd be lying if I claimed it never occurred to me to halve my materials expense by increasing the viscosity of a half dosed mix up to something I can keep on the hawk with a judicious teaspoon full. Half dosed would still set solid. Never done it tho.

I've observed differences in rates of mix thickening from different products. It could be polymers hydrating but they are expensive so doubt formulations have much. I put the delayed thickening down to starches.

I probably should have tested a starch in cement mixes by now. I haven't done it only because a more viscous mix, while it will keep aggregate in suspension, calls for a higher PSI to shove it down the hose. I should still give it a shot tho. I predict it imparting a sticky, gumminess to things which would make for a high friction boundary layer in the hose, but maybe it'll behave like cellulose and thicken while staying slick.

Lol, I should probably just stay in my lane. Dry lining. I'm not even that hot shit a renderer and it's a miserable job but I would make A LOT of money if I could shotcrete low cement render mixes.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2021, 05:21:10 AM »
Just use half plasticizer in your mortar what are u on about dust to dust unfortutle
Just trying to demonstrate that the fellow could expect more from my side of the email fence than, "Ya bro. I spread it on the wall bro. Pump don't work good nuf bro." We plasterers aren't renowned for our artuculosity.

Potato starch is a common ingredient in gypsum plasters as a thickener, I believe. Its far cheaper than gypsum and I'd be lying if I claimed it never occurred to me to halve my materials expense by increasing the viscosity of a half dosed mix up to something I can keep on the hawk with a judicious teaspoon full. Half dosed would still set solid. Never done it tho.

I've observed differences in rates of mix thickening from different products. It could be polymers hydrating but they are expensive so doubt formulations have much. I put the delayed thickening down to starches.

I probably should have tested a starch in cement mixes by now. I haven't done it only because a more viscous mix, while it will keep aggregate in suspension, calls for a higher PSI to shove it down the hose. I should still give it a shot tho. I predict it imparting a sticky, gumminess to things which would make for a high friction boundary layer in the hose, but maybe it'll behave like cellulose and thicken while staying slick.

Lol, I should probably just stay in my lane. Dry lining. I'm not even that hot shit a renderer and it's a miserable job but I would make A LOT of money if I could shotcrete low cement render mixes.
A

cobra333

• Getbig II
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2021, 05:44:21 AM »
F.  Ny.  Oregon decriminalized small amounts of heroin crack coke and yours truly peds

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2021, 06:28:44 AM »
F.  Ny.  Oregon decriminalized small amounts of heroin crack coke and yours truly peds
[/quote

Is this true?  Libtards will be the downfall of western society if it is. 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2021, 07:32:49 AM »
Just use half plasticizer in your mortar what are u on about dust to dust unfortutle

Plasticizer is an air entraining admixture. The old mason's dish soap trick works equally well although it carries the risk of over aeration.

Companies like BASF have developed some wild shit when it comes to concrete pumping. Its not just water reducers and plasticisers. Rheology modifiers are interesting things. I think they developed something specifically for the Burj Dubai and another pump aid for a dam elsewhere in India which set the highest PSI record.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2021, 12:46:20 PM »

The challenge is basically to get something that doesn't segregate in a pump but still gives up its water and cement fines to a brick wall sufficiently rapidly that it "grabs on" and doesn't come sliding off the wall when loaded 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick. So far, air entrainment seems like the best bet. Cellulose water retentive admixtures are great for pumpability but are lousy for keeping stucco hanging on the wall.

I can't just go to the shop and buy a bag of Jimmy's Pumpable Stucco. I'm in Australia and there's basically a big pile of sand where the dump truck left it, and that's what you're working from. I could import some pumpable mix, since they have it in the US, but finding out what Jimmy puts in there to make it work would be way easier and more profitable.

Not sure what I can offer in exchange. Guess I could share my observations in return. Can pm you my email if he's interested.

I can reach out to him. I don't know all the specifics, but i remember reading some of the literature on it years ago.

From what i recall, it's a special mixture with a few additives, but it's very sensitive and you have to pump it at a certain point or it won't work. Took a lot of trial and error, but the application was used for a long period of time.

I'm sure there is some way to do what you're asking, but my knowledge of concrete design in pretty basic.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2021, 01:34:23 PM »

Talking about staying in my lane - I only know about this stuff because a few summers ago for some reason I became the family slime/oobleck master for the kids - another craze that petered out.  Hence my guilt at even mentioning it!  Who knew that there might (accidentally ) be an actual grain of something useful in my response!  (starches having industrial applications)  8)
T

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2021, 01:55:23 PM »
ALL YOU FUCKING POTHEADS ARE GOING TO HELL.........BUT AT LEAST YOU`LL BE HIGH SO ENJOY THE TRIP !!!!!!   

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2021, 01:58:31 PM »
It may have, or may have not.

I know doctors, lawyers, surgeons, architects, PhD students, professors, etc. That have smoked weed almost their entire lives.

It can make you lazy, but it doesn't prevent you from being successful. Ambition typically comes from within, it doesn't just happen.

Carl Sagan, one of the greatest astronomers who basically helped create the Voyager program for NASA, admitted a lot of his greatest ideas came from being stoned.

My dad's good friend was an engineering professor for Rice University, a very highly distinguished man. He helped define concepts of fluid dynamics and chemical treatment for pumping concrete vertically to build skyscrapers. This guy smokes weed every night. He's a brilliant man. You would never know it if you met him, but he's almost always high.

I shit you not but I knew 2 lawyers who habitually smoked crack.

I`d see them out in the hood at 4 AM copping rocks then they`d tell me not to say that I saw them.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2021, 02:00:44 PM »
My pool game improved immenesly when I smoked some good weed.

I bet I could have beat Minnesota Fats at times.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2021, 02:08:05 PM »
I shit you not but I knew 2 lawyers who habitually smoked crack.

I`d see them out in the hood at 4 AM copping rocks then they`d tell me not to say that I saw them.

I know a few Architects that do a lot of coke.

Drugs are very common in the professional world.

My cousin owns a residential roofing company and said his best salesman has been busted with coke a few times. ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2021, 03:24:05 PM »

My cousin owns a residential roofing company and said his best salesman has been busted with coke a few times. ;D
Oh I defninitely believe it.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2021, 07:14:05 PM »
The only downside is that my eating is out of control once it kicks in. 

This is a problem I had and it honestly was one of the reasons I wasn't getting high more often. But about a week ago, I read an article where some  chick was experimenting with working out on edibles. In her experiment, she waited until the edibles kicked in. Some of my homies have talked about working out while high, I think I've even read some guys on here discuss it, but it always sounded counterproductive to me.

I still have my at-home set-up , so decided to experiment with getting a quick workout in while waiting for my edible to kick in.  I've done this a few times over the last week or so. Firstly, it makes for great workouts.  That period where  youre waiting for things to kick in is the PERFECT zone. You have this light, focused feeling that makes it enjoyable even if you are  in a procrastinating mood. Secondly, it causes edibles to kick in a lot faster, sometimes it's been as quick as 20 minutes. But the biggest thing of all is that it has really curbed my appetite while high. Previously, I would make sure I would have abunch of snacks on hand, just because nothing seemed worse than being high and not having some junk foodity at the ready, but my appetite has been mostly under control since experimenting with this.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2021, 07:49:27 PM »
My pool game improved immenesly when I smoked some good weed.

I bet I could have beat Minnesota Fats at times.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2021, 04:17:34 AM »
Is it true that smoking pot lowers test levels?

Smoking cigarettes supposedly increases test levels.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2021, 05:51:32 AM »
Is it true that smoking pot lowers test levels?

Smoking cigarettes supposedly increases test levels.

May increase test, from a paper after quick googling:

In contrast, the recent Danish study by Gundersen et al., was based on a large sample of young, healthy men and reported higher testosterone levels with greater frequency of marijuana use (Gundersen et al., 2015). Our results were similar to those of Gundersen et al., however, recency of marijuana use was better correlated with testosterone level than was frequency of use.

I've had smokers say they think it increases test but I put it down to weed making you horny = you think test increased.
One said he thought the best PCT was weed lol.
But there may be more to it.

The biologic mechanism by which marijuana exerts an effect on hormone production likely involves the response of cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, to THC. These receptors are functional in male reproductive organs, including the Leydig cells of the testis, the principle producer of testosterone in men.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2021, 05:56:25 AM »

More motivated to work as they need to pull in that extra money to feed their coke habits  ;D