Author Topic: Picture of large bodybuilder  (Read 5311 times)

io856

Re: Picture of large bodybuilder
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 10:41:02 AM »
I'm not 30 yet so I'll clue you in when I get there. Hopefully I won't last here that long, though.

And yes, those guys are fucking psychos. It's why when they quit the lifestyle, they all die of overdoses (DeMayo), go broke and sick (Matarazzo, Prince, Wheeler, Mohammed, etc.) or linger around the sidelines of the sport like creepy HS dropouts who never leave the school grounds (Ray, Bob Chick, Palumbo, etc.). It's a slimy creepy industry that attracts the lowest scum.
If you were to ask me the tragic stories of most people in high level bodybuilding has more to do with the nature of humanity. The desire to dominate others at any cost, exacerbated of course by Western culture. The psychos you speak of, where victim of their own psychopathic pursuits of dominance.

Why is it we rarely/if ever see those encountering health issues from bodybuilding speak out? To preach moderation and consideration to health. Is that indicative of the psycho mentality? In fact, Derek until his last days on Earth put his health issues down to having unbridled high blood pressure for too long. At the same time downplaying the role of steroids.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 10:43:44 AM »
If you were to ask me the tragic stories of most people in high level bodybuilding has more to do with the nature of humanity. The desire to dominate others at any cost, exacerbated of course by Western culture. The psychos you speak of, where victim of their own psychopathic pursuits of dominance.

Why is it we rarely/if ever see those encountering health issues from bodybuilding speak out? To preach moderation and consideration to health. Is that indicative of the psycho mentality? In fact, Derek until his last days on Earth put his health issues down to having unbridled high blood pressure for too long. At the same time downplaying the role of steroids.

Because these guys are extremists by nature. They simply choose to channel it through the pursuit of extreme body modification for competitive purposes. Outside the sport, few are humble, 'normal' guys. They don't end well because they have to harness their imbalanced impulses into another arena, and there isn't much out there that compares to their bodybuilding lifestyle. Most can't just start a company or join a major sports team to compensate. They end up with restless energy but can't use it for muscle-building anymore because their joints or receptors are shot, or they're out of money or got dropped by their sponsor. I don't envy those guys, honestly. They have it rough when the fun's over.

The fact that many are in denial about their health problems or the causes of them is part of not wanting to criticize the one thing they gave their life to. If you work 20 years in sales for a car company, you don't want that to have been for nothing. So you tend to stick to sales even if it isn't paying the bills anymore.

io856

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2014, 10:45:07 AM »
Another point.

If the people of getbig where actually concerned about moderation in bodybuilding this is hardly the place to do it. Most here are aware of the fruitless pursuit of muscle at all costs. It's those on places like bodybuilding.com who have an air of naivety to their awareness in bodybuilding. It is from this, all I can see is a circular masturbation, if you will, of their own defensives when presented with superiority in the field of bodybuilding.