Author Topic: Is marrying a woman your age a huge mistake?  (Read 1429 times)

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Is marrying a woman your age a huge mistake?
« Reply #50 on: Today at 06:28:01 AM »
I just remembered my grandfathers speech at one anniversary party. He said that marriage is a strange institution: those who are out want in, and those who are in want out. So true. RIP

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #51 on: Today at 06:45:31 AM »
Marriage has been made into a pension plan for lazy turds by the courts.  When "gay marriage" became okie-dokie I just laughed.  I had three friends that got married.  A lesbian and two dudes (not married to one another) all got married to their respective (as)soul-mates.  Can you spell "doomed"?

Not a single marriage lasted more than a couple of years.  The men both came home to find their hubby get the back 40 plowed by another man.   They lost a LOT in their respective divorces.  The woman came home to find "lesbian bed death" had infected her wife and subsequently morphed into "lesbian bitchabout" in which NOTHING was ever good enough for her.  She too divorced and lost a LOT.

All three swore off marriage forever.  I had told them all that allowing homosexual/lesbian couples to marry was just another way to employ divorce lawyers and it was a setup.   IT was also a classic case of misery enjoys watching other suffer the same fate.   They didn't listen.  If I were not married I would NEVER marry now.    Misery enjoys company but  lazy ass husband or wife?  The just want your money and your stuff.

FTN.

And yes, there are some folks that are blessed to have found one another and marry for life.  I can only think of one such couple right now and I am happy for them.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #52 on: Today at 08:32:03 AM »
Marriage is a crapshoot.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #53 on: Today at 08:40:53 AM »
so are you saying I am actually winning?
You can't be winning if you have to hide your boyfriend from your wife.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: Today at 08:49:10 AM »
When it comes to marriage choose wisely.  I forgot what comedian said it but he said next time I date a woman I'm just going to buy her house, it will be cheaper than marrying her.

Women make out like bandits. They get the house, kids, child support and alimony.  The husband gets a shitty apartment and is broke with half his income. The wife gets to date and play the field. She has a house, money coming in and her little job that she doesn't even need. Pretty soon some guy is sitting in your favorite chair watching the big screen tv you saved for drinking your top shelf liquor from your liquor closet that you forgot to take. The wife suddenly is fond of swallowing and giving him her ass now.

You are dating women from your dating app but the decent women have little interest in a guy that lives in an apartment and never seems to have money to do stuff.  You wake up depressed every day and your ex wife wakes up with a big smile with a sore ass. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #55 on: Today at 08:52:12 AM »
When it comes to marriage choose wisely.  I forgot what comedian said it but he said next time I date a woman I'm just going to buy her house, it will be cheaper than marrying her.

Women make out like bandits. They get the house, kids, child support and alimony.  The husband gets a shitty apartment and is broke with half his income. The wife gets to date and play the field. She has a house, money coming in and her little job that she doesn't even need. Pretty soon some guy is sitting in your favorite chair watching the big screen tv you saved for drinking your top shelf liquor from your liquor closet that you forgot to take. The wife suddenly is fond of swallowing and giving him her ass now.

You are dating women from your dating app but the decent women have little interest in a guy that lives in an apartment and never seems to have money to do stuff.  You wake up depressed every day and your ex wife wakes up with a big smile with a sore ass. 

Think positive.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: Today at 08:54:05 AM »
Think positive.

I am. I'm positive I married the right woman. Been with her for over 40 years.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: Today at 09:02:57 AM »
Getting married is a big mistake especially in the west/USA as others have said.  All the incentive is for her.  Even if you want children just get your girlfriend pregnant. 

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: Today at 09:10:53 AM »
Getting married is a big mistake especially in the west/USA as others have said.  All the incentive is for her.  Even if you want children just get your girlfriend pregnant.
wouldnt a child give her the same or better leverage?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: Today at 09:39:42 AM »
First off lets talk about age. I have always dated women close to my age maybe 2-3 years younger no more and let me explain why. You want someone with the same cultural references and perspective on life. You want someone who watched the same shows and listened to the same bands growing up. You want someone who has the same years and perspective on life. When I see a man with a younger women I think loser who can't get a quality woman his age and wants to have power in the relationship trying to dominate with more income job or life experience. Have any of you ever actually tried to have a conversation with a women 20 years younger than you? Fuck that there are lots of hot women your age but you need to be a quality guy to get one. Any idiot can pick up a younger women for a little but finding a quality woman your age to keep that is the key to happiness. 

Now as far as marriage. I love my wife I could not be happier. Not sure why you guys want to be old and lonely. Wife, kids, family vacations that is what makes life worth living that is real wealth. Of course, an occasional grown-up trip is nice but also nice to have someone to take that trip with you, to plan it with you, and to talk about it with you the next 20 years. I mean for fuck sake who is going to take care of you when you get old and sick? Who is going to laugh at your jokes? Who is going to make sure you get up everyday and live your best life? Who wants to see some ancient ruins with you? Who is still going to want you when you are 70? Your wife that is who.

Great advice Brian.

What happened with your original wife though? Why are you no longer together?

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: Today at 09:57:05 AM »
Great advice Brian.

What happened with your original wife though? Why are you no longer together?
iirc he killed her

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: Today at 10:10:10 AM »
It took me nearly 5 years before this reality is really hitting me hard now. Now I don't really know how to get out of this. There is probably no easy way out, only very messy traumatic ways.

Are you contemplating divorce simply because your wife is your age? What is wrong with you?

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: Today at 10:11:11 AM »
probably a mix of desperation and coercion

How can a woman coerce a man into that?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: Today at 03:05:12 PM »
First off lets talk about age. I have always dated women close to my age maybe 2-3 years younger no more and let me explain why. You want someone with the same cultural references and perspective on life. You want someone who watched the same shows and listened to the same bands growing up. You want someone who has the same years and perspective on life. When I see a man with a younger women I think loser who can't get a quality woman his age and wants to have power in the relationship trying to dominate with more income job or life experience. Have any of you ever actually tried to have a conversation with a women 20 years younger than you? Fuck that there are lots of hot women your age but you need to be a quality guy to get one. Any idiot can pick up a younger women for a little but finding a quality woman your age to keep that is the key to happiness. 

Now as far as marriage. I love my wife I could not be happier. Not sure why you guys want to be old and lonely. Wife, kids, family vacations that is what makes life worth living that is real wealth. Of course, an occasional grown-up trip is nice but also nice to have someone to take that trip with you, to plan it with you, and to talk about it with you the next 20 years. I mean for fuck sake who is going to take care of you when you get old and sick? Who is going to laugh at your jokes? Who is going to make sure you get up everyday and live your best life? Who wants to see some ancient ruins with you? Who is still going to want you when you are 70? Your wife that is who.

Those are some valid points. I'm actually two months younger than my wife. But, as of the end of June, we will have been married 22 years. I have a beautiful daughter who's almost finished with college and a talented (but silly) son about to graduate 8th grade.