Author Topic: What's wrong with this billboard?  (Read 2287 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: What's wrong with this billboard?
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 10:24:25 AM »
the only reason you care is because it's your own country, other wise.. you wouldn't give a fuck.

But the dumb billboards are in your country.  So you should give a f@#%!

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010, 10:27:08 AM »
How do you address anybody who brakes the law?  How do you address companies who cook the books?

What is wrong with this comment? Anybody? Anyone? LOL!!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010, 10:28:47 AM »
What is wrong with this comment? Anybody? Anyone? LOL!!

I already fixed it, my dear Dario!    ;D

How do you address any company that breaks the law?  How do you address companies that cook their books?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2010, 10:29:41 AM »
How do you address anybody who brakes the law?  How do you address companies who cook the books?

Give me some examples.  You say most construction companies, so you must know something.  Tyson Food and Smithfield Foods are you biggest problems, and they are not using contractors.  Why can't you go after the contractors too?

So tyson and smithfield employee the majority of illegals in this country? by your account how many do they employ?

manual laborers are not employees for the most part they are independent contractors so basically the illegals are their own company and the ppl who contract them out are simply hiring them for a job...the reason you cant go after the ppl who contract them is b/c its not their responsibility to look into the legal status of other companies employees...

are you advocating going after companies who do business with companies that use illegals as labor? how many companies would you have to fine for doing business with tyson?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2010, 10:34:55 AM »
So tyson and smithfield employee the majority of illegals in this country? by your account how many do they employ?

manual laborers are not employees for the most part they are independent contractors so basically the illegals are their own company and the ppl who contract them out are simply hiring them for a job...the reason you cant go after the ppl who contract them is b/c its not their responsibility to look into the legal status of other companies employees...

are you adovocating going after companies who do business with companies that use illegals as labor? how many companies would you have to fine for doing business with tyson?

Tyson and Smithfield are two of the biggest, if not the biggest meat packing companies in the US, and they themselves bring in illegals into the US by the bus loads.  As for exact numbers, ask Michael Pollan.

I have worked for contractors who do consulting work for US companies.  The US companies did check my status.  So I don't know what you are talking about.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 10:41:38 AM »
Tyson and Smithfield are two of the biggest, if not the biggest meat packing companies in the US, and they themselves bring in illegals into the US by the bus loads.  As for exact numbers, ask Michael Pollan.

I have worked for contractors who do consulting work for US companies.  The US companies did check my status.  So I don't know what you are talking about.
what is michael pollans phone number?

consulting work is not manual labor... ;)

again do you advocate punishing companies who do business with companies that use illegal labor? basically making one company responsible for other companies employee practices?

independent contractors dont work for the company they simply do work for them, there is a difference so unless your willing to punish companies that do business with companies that use illegals youre not going to target those illegal workers...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2010, 10:42:51 AM »
LOL

On their website, "Volunteers For Local Hire" say:

"According to many firsthand reports and eyewitness accounts, the workforce that is being comprised to construct this massive facility is increasingly being comprised of out-of-state workers employed by out-of-state contractors, as well as many foreign workers from countries such as Honduras, Mexico, Bolivia, Venezuela, and Puerto Rico."
http://volunteersforlocalhire.org/mission-statement.aspx

Foreign workers from Puerto Rico?  Puerto Rico is not a foreign country, and Puerto Ricans working in the United States are not foreign workers.  Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States, and Puerto Ricans are American citizens.

Can these people be any dumber?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 10:44:49 AM »
what is michael pollans phone number?

consulting work is not manual labor... ;)

again do you advocate punishing companies who do business with companies that use illegal labor? basically making one company responsible for other companies employee practices?

independent contractors dont work for the company they simply do work for them, there is a difference so unless your willing to punish companies that do business with companies that use illegals youre not going to target those illegal workers...

You keep saying this, but you have yet to provide any examples or evidence.  So most companies in the US do this, work with illegitimate contractors?  If that's the case, then yes, go after them.     ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2010, 10:56:44 AM »
Great find loco!

Its inconceivable that who ever designed the bill board screwed up the flags.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2010, 10:58:46 AM »
Great find loco!

Its inconceivable that who ever designed the bill board screwed up the flags.

Thank you, OzmO!

Great to have you back!  Haven't seen you post as much lately.     ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2010, 11:11:50 AM »
You keep saying this, but you have yet to provide any examples or evidence.  So most companies in the US do this, work with illegitimate contractors?  If that's the case, then yes, go after them.     ::)
you keep saying that tyson etc...are the two biggest ones and you havent provided proof of that...

at any rate my point is to manual labor specifically construction

do you understand what your implying? going after a company that doesnt have any illegal workers but contracts with a company that does?

are you going to go after all the grocery stores that sell tyson products?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2010, 11:13:22 AM »
Do you realize what state that billboard is in?  Do you realize how stupid the people in that state are?

Then you would not be surprised.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2010, 11:17:32 AM »
Considering you are from Floriduh, you are the last person to post that.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2010, 11:47:04 AM »
you keep saying that tyson etc...are the two biggest ones and you havent provided proof of that...

at any rate my point is to manual labor specifically construction

do you understand what your implying? going after a company that doesnt have any illegal workers but contracts with a company that does?

are you going to go after all the grocery stores that sell tyson products?

tonymctones, buddy, why do you keep on derailing my thread?  What does any of this have to do with my thread?  Will you please start a new thread and I'll discuss your issue with you there?  Thank you!   :)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2010, 11:48:51 AM »
Considering you are from Floriduh, you are the last person to post that.

Then by that standard you would be beyond last - if such a placing existed.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2010, 11:50:42 AM »
Do you realize what state that billboard is in?  Do you realize how stupid the people in that state are?

Then you would not be surprised.

That is exactly the stereotype of Americans, especially in the south, that I am talking about.  And some Americans on this board insist on willingly feeding that stereotype.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2010, 11:55:32 AM »
That is exactly the stereotype of Americans, especially in the south, that I am talking about.  And some Americans on this board insist on willingly feeding that stereotype.

Look up the stats on poverty, high school drop out rate, unwed pregnancy, drug use, etc.. and then report back where TN is ranked.

Hint = In the Top 10.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2010, 11:55:45 AM »
tonymctones, buddy, why do you keep on derailing my thread?  What does any of this have to do with my thread?  Will you please start a new thread and I'll discuss your issue with you there?  Thank you!   :)
I appologize but ive brought this up in the many other threads about illegals and you havent responded to it...actually nobody in favor of going after employers of illegals have... ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2010, 12:06:41 PM »
I appologize but ive brought this up in the many other threads about illegals and you havent responded to it...actually nobody in favor of going after employers of illegals have... ;)

Nope, first time you ask me how I would deal with companies.  Sorry if you did elsewhere and I missed it!  But thanks for creating a new thread for that topic!