Poll

4 (28.6%)
10 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: The Beast's 2008 Contest Thread  (Read 84727 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: The Beast's 2008 Contest Thread
« Reply #300 on: April 21, 2008, 10:10:02 AM »
R

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2008, 08:23:54 AM »
I am very sorry everyone, just trying to stay on top of everything and get my training in.  Things are good...very good...10 days left and then I will be on stage.  Can't wait to see the end result as I am guessing I should look the best I have ever looked.  Personally right now I feel pretty flat, Dave upped my cardio again so I am up to 2:20 minutes a day....I don't know if I could get through this everyday if it wasn't for my boyfriend!  That is a long time to be doing cardio....it has definitely helped tremendously to have a partner in this prep.

I don't see a big change in these progress pics...they were taken on Saturday morning after training and cardio.  Dave sayd my side chest and tricep poses are horrible so I need to be practicing a bit more on those.

Sorry again for the lag, thanks for the contuned support!!
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2008, 08:24:59 AM »
Still holding fat in my legs...
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2008, 08:26:16 AM »
Need to stand more upright and keep my waist more perpendicular I think

Jennifer

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #304 on: April 23, 2008, 10:00:53 AM »
I'll show you the way I clasp my hands together on the side tri when I see you...it's too hard to explain.
On the side chest, I'd say grab more at your wrist, and really pull that front arm back HARD so that you get a little more flex in the chest. 

You're gonna do great...your glutes are there, I can see them!!  And Blockhead said that you are freaky shredded right now.   :o  8)
:)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: April 23, 2008, 10:46:09 AM »
"Your buttocks are sublime!"

Looking great Jen :D
R

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2008, 01:40:44 PM »
someone looks great....keep it up Jen, you look awesome.....10 days.....you are going to freaking rock that there stage....

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2008, 01:51:01 PM »
In the side relaxed pose I like to instead of pointing my feet straight ahead to point them away from the front kind of pre twists your waist and gives a good look from the side.

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2008, 11:08:13 AM »
BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look great!!!!! Sorry just reaching out to you, not on line much these days, you will do great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claire

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2008, 05:23:55 PM »
Keep going girl you are almost there.   :)
IFBB Pro Bodybuilder

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: April 25, 2008, 02:14:48 AM »
Mamamia! Beau-ti-ful! ;D

Your glutes/hams/calves are really soft, but everything else is spot on.

Posing is just to make your physique look its best from any given angle. Try out a whole bunch of different combinations for the side chest/triceps, and pick which one suits you best. For back lat spread/double bi, may also want to adjust the back leg/foot to see how it looks from different angles. Posing it the way you are now shows more outer quad tham ham. The back poses are designed to show the detail of the ham and calf from the back, but hey, no one's gonna take points off for an alternation of the pose a bit. I know FBB's certainly prefer 'your' way of posing the back leg, which is cool. I'm more of a traditionalist as far as posing goes.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: April 25, 2008, 06:18:26 AM »
Mamamia! Beau-ti-ful! ;D

Your glutes/hams/calves are really soft, but everything else is spot on.

Posing is just to make your physique look its best from any given angle. Try out a whole bunch of different combinations for the side chest/triceps, and pick which one suits you best. For back lat spread/double bi, may also want to adjust the back leg/foot to see how it looks from different angles. Posing it the way you are now shows more outer quad tham ham. The back poses are designed to show the detail of the ham and calf from the back, but hey, no one's gonna take points off for an alternation of the pose a bit. I know FBB's certainly prefer 'your' way of posing the back leg, which is cool. I'm more of a traditionalist as far as posing goes.

Good advice.   8)

Delphene balan

• Getbig I
« Reply #312 on: April 27, 2008, 04:28:51 PM »
Very Nice work Jen!  big job -- well done.  o.k. did Dave give suggestions on changing a few things in those 2 poses?

I know FBB's certainly prefer 'your' way of posing the back leg, which is cool. I'm more of a traditionalist as far as posing goes.

Goneaway: do you have a photo example of what you are speaking of?  I have always posed my back leg like Jen too. I am all up for suggestions as a way to improve my back pose but a  picture speaks volumes.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: April 28, 2008, 01:34:40 AM »
Very Nice work Jen!  big job -- well done.  o.k. did Dave give suggestions on changing a few things in those 2 poses?

Goneaway: do you have a photo example of what you are speaking of?  I have always posed my back leg like Jen too. I am all up for suggestions as a way to improve my back pose but a  picture speaks volumes.

ok dont laugh at the diagram... lol... the circles indicate how much of the musclegroup is showing to the judges. larger circle = more muscle group showing, as u can probably work out urself.  calves arent labelled, but obviously same thing applies.

the leg on the left is the toe pointed out, the left on the right is the toe pointed much more frontward. what i meant in the above post is displayed by the right leg = the full hammy and calves being in full view of the judges, and on the left leg, more of the outer quads being displayed in place of the hammies.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: April 28, 2008, 04:13:28 AM »
ok dont laugh at the diagram... lol... the circles indicate how much of the musclegroup is showing to the judges. larger circle = more muscle group showing, as u can probably work out urself.  calves arent labelled, but obviously same thing applies.

the leg on the left is the toe pointed out, the left on the right is the toe pointed much more frontward. what i meant in the above post is displayed by the right leg = the full hammy and calves being in full view of the judges, and on the left leg, more of the outer quads being displayed in place of the hammies.

haha wow, that's pretty cool...did you put that diagram together?  I still prefer the right leg, but that's a good way to show the difference.  And it really depends on each individual and what their stronger points are in terms of leg separation.  Definitely a good idea to play around with the positioning and see what works best for you.  Same thing applies to the side posing, esp the side tricep, which can be done several different ways to show different parts of the leg.

Those are options for the back double bi...you can try different things with the lat spread too.  I ended up doing my rear lat spread on my toes.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: April 28, 2008, 05:11:41 AM »

haha wow, that's pretty cool...did you put that diagram together?  I still prefer the right leg, but that's a good way to show the difference.  And it really depends on each individual and what their stronger points are in terms of leg separation.  Definitely a good idea to play around with the positioning and see what works best for you.  Same thing applies to the side posing, esp the side tricep, which can be done several different ways to show different parts of the leg.

Those are options for the back double bi...you can try different things with the lat spread too.  I ended up doing my rear lat spread on my toes.

as alot of fbb's do nowdays, too, judging by the pics i went through to find good ones for the diagram. ;) did it make sense?

there's so many ways to pose. for back poses alone, i can think of maybe at least 7 variations for the legs. it's crazy but cool too, cause everyone can show themselves off to their best, as u said. if u have weak hams but good quads, pointing the toes out is probably a good idea.

i wonder how Jen is coming along. its been a little while since her last update.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: April 28, 2008, 12:16:59 PM »
as alot of fbb's do nowdays, too, judging by the pics i went through to find good ones for the diagram. ;) did it make sense?

there's so many ways to pose. for back poses alone, i can think of maybe at least 7 variations for the legs. it's crazy but cool too, cause everyone can show themselves off to their best, as u said. if u have weak hams but good quads, pointing the toes out is probably a good idea.

i wonder how Jen is coming along. its been a little while since her last update.

Totally made sense.   8)

I'm thinking the Beast may want to point the toes out a little on the back poses.  I also want to see her try out the contemporary stance for the side tricep pose instead of the traditional.  I haven't been able to find any good pics of it, though.  I got one from my prep last year at about 8 weeks out, but I can't find it right this second.

I talked to The Beast this morning.  She has her first show this weekend, and she's going for her Pro Card!!!  (NGA??  I can't remember!) She's down under 120 pounds now!!!!!!   :o

So she's doing well but is very busy as you can imagine.  I was going to tell her to get on here and give us all an update, but we never got around to talking about Getbig... LOL

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #317 on: April 28, 2008, 07:49:20 PM »
Sorry to all!  Things have been pretty good just been trying to get my stuff together for this coming weekend and get in all the workouts :)

Actually this weekend was super productive.  My boyfriend and I spent the whole day on Sunday working out, grocery shopping and cooking for the week so I wouldn't have to totally stress out come Thursday and Friday.  He is 4 weeks out from his show so you can only imagine how much food we prepared...this is serious...

44 chicken breast
6 pounds of Orange Roughy
6 pounds of Tilapia
Couple pounds of Green Beans
still have 3 lbs of asparagus waiting for us

I am hoping this will get us through the weeks along with 1-2 gallons of egg whites.  It is CRAZY how much food we consume (especially him since he get 1-2 more meals then me and 1/3 more food).

I am super excited that I only have 2 more workout days this week, my body definitely needs the rest and I start my fat up on Thursday so I should be feeling pretty good by the weekend.  Right now I am pounding water and getting in some extra sodium...anything to get e away fro the artificial sweeteners and trick me into feeling full.

As far as the posing I definitely need to work with someone good to get my posing down better.  I have been practicing in the mirror so hopefully my side poses will be better then in my pics, I do get what he was saying.  Also I appreciate the comments on the back and leg posing, I really think if I could have a pair of good eyes I could majorly improve the way my physique looks.  Being with Lori in a few weeks will help, a fresh pair of eyes...there is only so much I can ask my friends and boyfriend to do and there is only so much money I can spend on this show.  Yes that is a horrible excuse because with the girls I train I preach to them about how important posing is and you put in months of prep and dieting to get on stage and look foolish is just a waste.

I love the pic GoneAway...where did you come from anyway?  What's your story?  Delphene great to hear fro you and hope your prep is going well...I want to see pics!  Oh no pics this week, I will save it for you guys till after the show.  As Lori mentioned I finally broke 120 this morning, 119, weird and as it seems I will be a lightweight at the Jr. USA's although I do think my scale is maybe 1-2 pounds light sooo I am not going to push it, wherever I come in is fine.

My routine, well it is still a work in progress.  Luckily my friend Nicole (fitness girl) met with me last weekend and we were able to get through the part I was having difficulty with.  Ummmm I use to think I had rhythm, I don't anymore so please keep your fingers crossed that I don't look completely ridiculous!

Thanks everyone for the support, almost there and then I get a CHEAT MEAL...well a few I suppose  :D
Jennifer

Delphene balan

• Getbig I
« Reply #318 on: April 28, 2008, 10:42:23 PM »
GoneAway:  that was alot of work and thought you put into posting that posing diagram. Thank-you so much, it was really appreciated and I totally get what you mean now.

Jen:  What I do is set my digital camera timer and try different ways to position the key bodypart in each pose and then decide which looks better.  I think you look great and  your posing is fine.  nothing to stress over. Looks like you have all your ducks in a row. nice work.  WHAT A JOURNEY!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: April 29, 2008, 05:06:04 AM »
44 chicken breast
6 pounds of Orange Roughy
6 pounds of Tilapia
Couple pounds of Green Beans
still have 3 lbs of asparagus waiting for us

:o

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: April 29, 2008, 05:41:07 AM »
hello everyone. Jen, I visit this part of the board from time to time and have alot of respect for your hard work and discipline. the transformation pics are incredible!

posing is something i'm very passionate about, and wanted to give some new ideas when you said that the back poses were a little off. hopefully you'll sort that out with someone there in person and it'll all come together on stage.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: April 30, 2008, 04:06:57 AM »
posing is something i'm very passionate about, and wanted to give some new ideas when you said that the back poses were a little off. hopefully you'll sort that out with someone there in person and it'll all come together on stage.

Thanks so much for the info...it's very helpful.  :)

Alex just posted a pic of Claire from the overalls last year at the Contra Costa, and Claire does a great tricep pose with the contemporary stance...I love the way this looks if you can pull it off.  I ended up not using it for my mandatories, but it IS way more comfortable than the traditional stance and looks great on the right set of legs.   8)

bulklover

• Getbig II
  • "Harder than a chunk of neutronium!"
« Reply #322 on: May 01, 2008, 02:43:37 PM »
Still holding fat in my legs...

Huh?  Didja swaller all the cough syrup?  You're cut like Julius Caesar!!  ;)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: May 02, 2008, 04:16:14 AM »
GOOD LUCK TOMORROW JENNY!!!!!!!

8) 8) 8)

:-* :-* :-*

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: May 02, 2008, 05:26:52 AM »
from

to

fantastic transformation !!! :o managed to retain 90%+ of size which is pretty darn good.