Author Topic: ami ruining bodybuilding  (Read 10056 times)

Dball

Re: ami ruining bodybuilding
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 10:46:37 AM »
im doing good, lee.  i had to take a little time away, but im glad to be back.  i never got a chance to tell you, but congrats on the iron man.  how did the dvd turn out?  are you still out at the hesters crossing gym?  ill be there all this week training a friend that lives out there, but im still at 620.  maybe ill see you areound.  again, congrats on the iron man, you looked awesome.

stealth_swimmer

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2006, 10:10:54 PM »
I don't think AMI is ruining bodybuilding. It's the athletes' fault that nothing is being done about this. They simply don't put forth the effort to change things. With Bob Chick as the atletes' rep, he has put on meetings and been trying to get ppl to attend but a lot of them simply don't. At least, to my understanding anyway, every competitor in the men's competition at the O will recieve at least 4000 dollars. IF things are going to change, the athletes have to put forth the effort. I understand that they may be busy, but they have to decide what to do.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2006, 09:29:16 AM »
Bob Paris book "Gorilla Suit" has some good insights on how Weider makes his millions off others sweat. It also shows how that most of the bodybuilders having zero balls to stick together. If they stuck together they could have changed the situation around. Don't give Wayne DeMellia a pass on this either.
The House that Ruth built

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 10:44:12 AM »
Just a point to show how cheesy the Weider's treat the talent.  I was reading the O contract and under Travel.  The athletes shall be provided with a round trip ECONOMY COACH TICKET.  How does a 250lb. BB have any kind of trip in a sardine can, cramped in coach.  Show some class and treat the Olympians to a first class ticket.  I'm only 190 and have a hard time getting in coach.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 06:24:50 PM »
THEY DON'T FLY THEM 1ST CLASS! :o
bodybuildersreality.com

Dball

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2006, 06:28:32 PM »
h e l l no they dont.  and unless you are ronnie, you dont get a room with a fridge in it.  so you have to eat what? buffet food?  how shitty is that two days before a contest?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2006, 06:38:02 PM »
h e l l no they dont.  and unless you are ronnie, you dont get a room with a fridge in it.  so you have to eat what? buffet food?  how shitty is that two days before a contest?
thats real nice. Lee is right, without the athletes, they have nothing. There isn't THAT many of them either, compared to the amout of fans they are bringing in.
bodybuildersreality.com

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2006, 09:37:03 AM »
Sounds like pro bodybuilders need to for some sort of union...but it doesn't seem that many would have the heart or guts to do it for fear of being blackballed...it seems to be such a cutthroat business that forming such a union that would protect the interests of the ''athletes'' seems next to impossible.  I'm not well read on all this PDI stuff but it probably couldn't hurt to have some competition...bodybuildi ng, it seems, is more like WWE than a real professional sport...(meaning one guy running the show and the athletes having no where else to go)--it's a shame but the ''me first'' gutless attitude of the bodybuilders is to blame.
footloose and fancy free

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2006, 11:17:17 AM »
Sounds like pro bodybuilders need to for some sort of union...but it doesn't seem that many would have the heart or guts to do it for fear of being blackballed...it seems to be such a cutthroat business that forming such a union that would protect the interests of the ''athletes'' seems next to impossible.  I'm not well read on all this PDI stuff but it probably couldn't hurt to have some competition...bodybuildi ng, it seems, is more like WWE than a real professional sport...(meaning one guy running the show and the athletes having no where else to go)--it's a shame but the ''me first'' gutless attitude of the bodybuilders is to blame.
I don't see why its impossible. without the athletes you have nothing....same with WWE.
bodybuildersreality.com

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2006, 11:48:01 AM »
I don't see why its impossible. without the athletes you have nothing....same with WWE.

I agree with you...it should not be that hard to pull these guys together and make some semblence of a union but there seems to be a lot of animosity between a lot of the bodybuilders..that needs to be put aside to form an strong union.
footloose and fancy free

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2006, 11:54:26 AM »

I agree with you...it should not be that hard to pull these guys together and make some semblence of a union but there seems to be a lot of animosity between a lot of the bodybuilders..that needs to be put aside to form an strong union.
exactly. ok heres what we'll do. we'll just go pro and do it ourselves ;) ....sure Lee can come.
bodybuildersreality.com