Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL RICK PERRY ELECTION THREAD  (Read 6824 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: THE OFFICIAL RICK PERRY ELECTION THREAD
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2011, 07:07:35 PM »

The issue is that this should be decided by legislature, not the executive.  This is a clear abuse of power by an egotistical, self-righteous douchebag.

Also, where does it end?  Like a chickenshit little bitch you ran from 33's question about fat people.

For fat people:

1.  It's a public health issue
2.  It's shocking how many fat politicians there are
3.  It's a fiscal issue as it spares the government from having to treat...

Oh look, the same fucking argument you made.  What a shock.  ::)

Didn't run from anything....the day I run form you and 3333 I'll leave getbig forever......there is a history of the gov't ordering vaccinations.....there is no history of the gov't ordering fat people to exercise or whatever....besides....i f the legislature and courts in Texas felt it was a bad idea and an abuse of power, they would overturn it..so far, they haven't

However, in the tradition of fairness I can conceive how you and others could interpret Perry's order as tyrannical.....here in NY city, Mayor Bloomberg ordered that there can be no smoking in Restaurants, bars or public places..people were pissed and accused him of the same thing

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2011, 08:09:07 PM »
Didn't run from anything....the day I run form you and 3333 I'll leave getbig forever......there is a history of the gov't ordering vaccinations.....there is no history of the gov't ordering fat people to exercise or whatever....besides....i f the legislature and courts in Texas felt it was a bad idea and an abuse of power, they would overturn it..so far, they haven't

However, in the tradition of fairness I can conceive how you and others could interpret Perry's order as tyrannical.....here in NY city, Mayor Bloomberg ordered that there can be no smoking in Restaurants, bars or public places..people were pissed and accused him of the same thing

Precedent?  Hahaha...that's your argument?

Well, I guess that justifies everything.

My bad, I'll stop...forgot you were that dumb.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2011, 11:59:10 PM »

Precedent?  Hahaha...that's your argument?

Well, I guess that justifies everything.

My bad, I'll stop...forgot you were that dumb.

sigh....do me a favor...please ignore my posts and don't respond...I only want  to talk to people who have critical thinking skills and can see both sides of the issues....this forum is too much for your limited thinking....with guys like you, Berzerk fairy, 3333, Dario, whorewell, gigantor,...I have yet to see any of you admit you were wrong about any particular issue...facts mean nothing to you guys ....you just keep going with your stupid nonsense....

THINK

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2011, 02:59:10 PM »
sigh....do me a favor...please ignore my posts and don't respond...I only want  to talk to people who have critical thinking skills and can see both sides of the issues....this forum is too much for your limited thinking....with guys like you, Berzerk fairy, 3333, Dario, whorewell, gigantor,...I have yet to see any of you admit you were wrong about any particular issue...facts mean nothing to you guys ....you just keep going with your stupid nonsense....

THINK

Oh please, save it retard.  I didn't bother responding with any substance because your dumb ass obviously doesn't even know or understand the issue.

Here's a good example.  You claim:

.besides....if the legislature and courts in Texas felt it was a bad idea and an abuse of power, they would overturn it..so far, they haven't

Yes, his Executive Order was overturned moron (HB 1098).  

Need Proof?  Here:  http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=14381

This is the fundamental problem with you.  You don't know the issue, you don't know the facts, you have no ability to apply or discern the surrounding issues, and you have no critical thinking skills.

"Claiming" you're going for your 2nd Masters degree doesn't make you smart, dipshit.

As we can see above, your stupidity shines all too brightly.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2011, 03:25:10 PM »
LMFAO @ the fact DEMOCRAT lawmakers had to stop Perry for forcing immunizations.

And he claims to be about personal freedoms?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2011, 03:31:06 PM »
LMFAO @ the fact DEMOCRAT lawmakers had to stop Perry for forcing immunizations.

And he claims to be about personal freedoms?

From what I've read, I thought the Republicans controlled the House and Senate in Texas at the time of the repeal - but, I'm not sure.

McTones may be able to help us here.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2011, 03:43:05 PM »
Well, the repeal was introduced by a Republican.

"Roughly 60 state lawmakers called on Perry to rescind the order. He refused. Just six weeks after Perry put pen to paper, the Texas House rebuked him on March 14, 2007, passing HB 1098, overturning his executive order by a vote of 119-21. The Senate followed suit the following month by a vote of 30-1.

In response, the sponsor of HB 1098, Republican state Rep. Dennis Bonnen, blasted Perry for "using cancer victims as his backdrop for an issue that he has grossly misjudged.""

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/06/04/rick_perrys_gardasil_problem_110089-full.html

240, you wouldn't be following Guideline #1 along with Andre, would you?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2011, 03:48:11 PM »
I think you are being somewhat harsh on him but what you are saying here is essentially true..I might vote for him if he takes back what he said about Social Security being a ponzi scheme

You're going to vote for him in the primary or the general (if he makes it), or both? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2011, 03:50:30 PM »
Well, the repeal was introduced by a Republican.

"Roughly 60 state lawmakers called on Perry to rescind the order. He refused. Just six weeks after Perry put pen to paper, the Texas House rebuked him on March 14, 2007, passing HB 1098, overturning his executive order by a vote of 119-21. The Senate followed suit the following month by a vote of 30-1.

In response, the sponsor of HB 1098, Republican state Rep. Dennis Bonnen, blasted Perry for "using cancer victims as his backdrop for an issue that he has grossly misjudged.""

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/06/04/rick_perrys_gardasil_problem_110089-full.html

240, you wouldn't be following Guideline #1 along with Andre, would you?

lol.  As usual. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2011, 05:04:40 PM »

Oh please, save it retard.  I didn't bother responding with any substance because your dumb ass obviously doesn't even know or understand the issue.

Here's a good example.  You claim:

Yes, his Executive Order was overturned moron (HB 1098).  

Need Proof?  Here:  http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=14381

This is the fundamental problem with you.  You don't know the issue, you don't know the facts, you have no ability to apply or discern the surrounding issues, and you have no critical thinking skills.

"Claiming" you're going for your 2nd Masters degree doesn't make you smart, dipshit.

As we can see above, your stupidity shines all too brightly.

your insults not withstanding, I never claimed to be an expert on Texas politics.....if their legislature overturned it ,,,then good for them....I didn't know that....and I do thank you for pointing that out to me..........I think you were actually looking in the mirror when you made your critical thinking comment..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2011, 05:06:27 PM »
Shoe me proof that NO democrats voted against this bill, please.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2011, 05:32:09 PM »
your insults not withstanding, I never claimed to be an expert on Texas politics.....if their legislature overturned it ,,,then good for them....I didn't know that....and I do thank you for pointing that out to me..........I think you were actually looking in the mirror when you made your critical thinking comment..

I'm not an expert on Texas politics either tard.

But, I don't need to make shit up.

If you're going to argue the point, at least try and read up on it a little, and maybe...just maybe, THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE taking a side.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2011, 05:33:47 PM »
Shoe me proof that NO democrats voted against this bill, please.

Ah, Guideline #7 - way to try and save e-face.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2011, 05:38:58 PM »

Ah, Guideline #7 - way to try and save e-face.  ::)

LOL @ eface!!!

I'm wrong all the time about shit.  But if all the dems voted to keep it, and the repubs overturned perry, I will send $20 to the TX GOp right now and screenshot it :)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2011, 05:45:37 PM »
Yeah, I see.  We took this out of context:

Clearly you meant the minority of Democrats who joined with the Republicans had to stop Perry.

Yep, Guideline #7 in full swing tonight.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2011, 05:46:13 PM »
Yeah, I see.  We took this out of context:

Clearly you meant the minority of Democrats who joined with the Republicans had to stop Perry.

Yep, Guideline #7 in full swing tonight.

Does this guy ever tell the truth about anything? It seems like he's caught lying more often than he's not.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2011, 05:51:28 PM »
Does this guy ever tell the truth about anything? It seems like he's caught lying more often than he's not.

Yeah, between him and Andre, I'm thinking of jumping on the bandwagon myself.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2011, 05:53:22 PM »

Yeah, between him and Andre, I'm thinking of jumping on the bandwagon myself.

It's hilarious how applicable your list is to people like 180 and andre.  ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2011, 07:15:36 PM »

I'm not an expert on Texas politics either tard.

But, I don't need to make shit up.

If you're going to argue the point, at least try and read up on it a little, and maybe...just maybe, THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE taking a side.

my only mistake was that I didn't know that his order was overturned...and I thanked you for informing me of that...but I still am on Perry's side and thought he did the right thing..there was nothing to think about

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »
You're going to vote for him in the primary or the general (if he makes it), or both? 
General

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2011, 07:20:21 PM »
I still think that Perry, as a moderate republican can help bring his party back to the mainstream and even win the general against Obama..but he can't fake like he's a tea-partier..he can't run from his record...he's got to stand strong on his principle and not flip flop to please the tea party and hard-righters

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2011, 07:53:29 PM »

there was nothing to think about

Kind of a repetitive pattern with you, eh?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2011, 08:14:55 PM »
I still think that Perry, as a moderate republican can help bring his party back to the mainstream and even win the general against Obama..but he can't fake like he's a tea-partier..he can't run from his record...he's got to stand strong on his principle and not flip flop to please the tea party and hard-righters

Who is hard right? 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2011, 03:27:08 AM »
I have had some ambivalence toward Rick Perry ....I'm not too aware of his politics but have been slowly learning about the man.....I didn't like his characterization of Social Security as a "ponzi scheme"...I thought it was a stupid thing to say and was his way of scaring the electorate..but some other things came out during the debates that made me look at him in a more positive light

I like that fact that he does support financial aid for the students of illegal immigrants....these kids are here through no fault of their own and by giving them the ability to get an education he prevents more serious problems down the road

I also like that he gave an executive order making it mandatory to have girls innoculated against the HSV virus so that they would not later develop pussy cancer (sorry, don't know how else to put it)...anything that makes girls less vulnerable to this is a good thing since girls are going to have sex with multiple partners as they grow up

I really think Perry is a different kind of Republican...he actually has some humanity and doesn't just look at the bottom line (money)..both of the above were the right thing to do for the public and he had the guts to do it..makes me change some of the negativity I had toward him and it makes me consider voting for him if there is a total implosion by Obama

I thought Michele Bachmann was very insensitive about the above and tied to rip Perry a new asshole..but she was wrong and came off to me as uncaring..just as most Republicans do..Perry could conceivably get Democratic votes if he stays moderate and doesn't back down from the the more hard-line elements of his party

LOL @ Rick Perry as having some "humanity" because of the HPV and Children of illegal immigrants issues

Let's call it spade to spade, illegal immigrant labor is as close to slave labor as Big Money in America can get away with and the fact that their kids can eventually go to college on the United States dole is more incentive to come over here illegally and perform that 15 to 18 dollar an hour framing job for 8 or 9 dollars, sometimes less. By taking the stance Perry took at the Tea Party debate, it's BLATANTLY obvious that Perry encourages illegal immigration in this country. Crystal clear. So all you right wingers need to realize you ARE voting for a Pro Illegal immigrant candidate.

How about Perry with the Texas NAFTA Superhighway issue? A plan that will eventually have Mexican Drivers traveling not just a few miles over the border but ALL over the United States, taking even MORE jobs away from Americans. The Department of Transportation actually does a decent job of regulating trucking by implementing hours of service and standards for the equipment companies put on the highway. I've been on the border in Laredo and McAllen, I've SEEN how some of these Mexican truckers drive with no inhibitions or care or concern on the road; running red lights, never using signals, switching lanes without looking. Hell, take a trip across the bridge and see how difficult a standard 4 way stop is for these people in their cars, and you are supporting a guy who wants to bring these drivers to YOUR neighborhoods? Just remember it's NEVER US going into Mexico and driving on their streets, never US TAKING jobs away from China or US immigrating to Africa or the Middle East. It's always these other countries taking away our quality of life. Perry OBVIOUSLY supports this on all counts! Oh and just some food for thought, how exactly are we going to tell whether or not these Mexican Drivers have been driving for 30 hours straight BEFORE they cross into the US and drive 10 more, putting tax paying U.S. families at risk??

As far the HPV issue, do you REALLY think that was decision based on Humanity? LOL, how can you be that delusional? If you don't think he got some sort of major financial kick back from that deal then I got some ocean front property New Mexico to sell you. That was a money deal for Rick Perry through and through.

When I see Rick Perry on stage I don't see some person who cares about the United States people, I just see Corruption. Period.

You want to see the 1850's Slave Owner in modern form? Look no further than Rick Perry.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2011, 03:44:36 AM »
Maybe they know Obama will probably win, ,as the inccumbent, and are waiting 4 more years...

Which Republicans Aren't Running - But SHOULD be Running?

THe top 2 repubs right now are one RINO (Romneycare) and one former democrat (HPV, DREAM act, corruption, and worked to make Al Gore President).

The next tiers on the ladder are Bachmann (who is a weird compulsive liar), Ron Paul (who is too old), Newt (brilliant but an idiot on common sense), and a few others who aren't going to win the nomination.

Now, I'm no Palin fan, but she would be destroying this weak crop of candidates.  Jeb would be cruising right now.  Even a lean Christie would be the only consistent one in this group.  Or Paul Ryan.  Or Cantor.  

Why is it that there are only the 2nd-Tier candidates running?   Why isn't Hutchison, Rudy, or Huck running?  Is it that tough to beat an incumbent?  I think a Republican Debate with Paul Ryan, Jeb, Palin, Rudy, Huck, Christie, Kay Bailey Hutchison would be STELLAR - And I suspect we'll see most of them in 2016.  

Why not now?

Excellent point.

Kay Bailey Hutchison could DEFINITELY take it. Very bright, articulate and well spoken. Comes across as compassionate, no major flaws or morality issues.

Hutchison had troubles against Perry for the Governership but in a nationwide election she would absolutely DESTROY Obama with Women and White Males and would OWN the south, it wouldn't even be close.