Author Topic: Question for Chick???........  (Read 1446 times)

In it 2 win it

• Getbig II
Question for Chick???........
« on: September 13, 2006, 12:49:47 PM »
In this months issue of Muscular Development, Victor Martinez says he read in a business magazine, BODYBUILDING.COM  made 38 million dollars. He mentioned that he feels pro bodybuilders should be compensated for their contrabutions to the site. He claims he's yet to see any athlete receive a penny of that money. I just wanted to know what your feelings on this were and if its true or not. Personally I feel like he's being a cheap ass and needs to look at the situation from a different perspective. I have more BBing.com t-shirts and towels, etc... than I know what to so with. Every time I attend a show NPC for IFBB BBIng.com is always there giving things away at their booth. I feel BBing.com gives plenty back including the best website in the sport. Who else has free webcast, radio show, and tons of information?

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
Re: Question for Chick???........
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 01:21:37 PM »
i'm not chick but i'll throw my 2 cents in...I wonder if they have to contribute to the site? Or are they doing it on their own free will...I guess Victor could put a price tag on his writings and make it clear to anyone who owns a site that his insight cost money...Didn't Bob sign a deal with BB.com????I guess one could see why guys like Victor would be jealous of guys like Bob...

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 01:24:43 PM »
BB.com is giving these guys exposure....What they(the athletes)decide to do with that exposure I believe is on them--NO?

You state that Vince said an athlete doesn't recieve a dime from BB.com ....Well last time i checked, Bob is a World Champ and i believe makes some good coin from them...

In it 2 win it

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 02:36:09 PM »
I agree with Wombat. Victor is with MHP and i imagine that nobody sells more MHP products than bodybuilding.com. Victor is just complaining about how much money he makes. It gives him a bad/jealous image. If he was professional in the NFL or NBA he would have to do much more than a lousy interview. Those guys have to do all sorts of charity and guest appearances. Victor is an awesome pro and that really sucks to see that he thinks that way. Look at Lee, he comes on here and throws his two-cents in almost everyday, for free. Same with Chick, Milos, Mat and Shawn. There never bitching about getting paid. :'(

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 02:39:52 PM »
Victor is just mad cause people are no longer buying "memberships" to his gym......
HAHA, RON.....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 04:07:51 PM »
I'm not sure what Vic is saying here...

As a contracted athlete/ spokesman for BB.com I get compensated every month via my contract. I DIRECTLY represent BB.com, and no individual supp companies that we carry.

Is he indicating that Pro bbers should get a piece of the pie because we sell companies products that THEY'RE representing??

Hey, I'm all for that....just one thing...If thats the way were going to do it, then I suppose I should get a cut of the profits from every company that WE carry...after all...I'm helping to promote them as well, right?

I don't thin k Vic thought that one through....

BTW...BB.com is slated to make over 60M this year....the number he used was low. FYI

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 04:09:30 PM »
I'm not sure what Vic is saying here...

As a contracted athlete/ spokesman for BB.com I get compensated every month via my contract. I DIRECTLY represent BB.com, and no individual supp companies that we carry.

Is he indicating that Pro bbers should get a piece of the pie because we sell companies products that THEY'RE representing??

Hey, I'm all for that....just one thing...If thats the way were going to do it, then I suppose I should get a cut of the profits from every company that WE carry...after all...I'm helping to promote them as well, right?

I don't thin k Vic thought that one through....

BTW...BB.com is slated to make over 60M this year....the number he used was low. FYI

60M?? You gotta be kidding me bro so everybody is a millionarie who's sponsored by bb.com?   :o
#