Author Topic: Man-caused global warming: greatest scam in history  (Read 25566 times)

Erik C

• Getbig IV
Re: Man-caused global warming: greatest scam in history
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2016, 07:42:58 PM »
Well, you do know that back then, there were NO HOLES IN THE OZONE LAYER!!!

There were holes in the ozone layer back then. There are holes in the ozone layer at the polar regions every year. They are telling you about it today, yet it has always been true. During the polar winter season, it is dark and clouded over, as it gets no sunlight, and the ice and water doesn't reflect sunlight. In the polar summer season, the cloud cover is burnt off by the 24 hour sunlight, and in that 24 hour sunlight, or the Earth's albedo, the ice and water reflect the sunlight up, and the reflected sunlight heats the ozone layer, spreading out the ozone units, thereby thinning the ozone layer.

It happens every year that way, at both of Earth's poles. Now aren't you glad you asked that stupid question?

The Gov

• Getbig III
  • Syphilis infected LurkingForBoys the Loser in Life
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2016, 08:13:04 PM »
There were holes in the ozone layer back then. There are holes in the ozone layer at the polar regions every year. They are telling you about it today, yet it has always been true. During the polar winter season, it is dark and clouded over, as it gets no sunlight, and the ice and water doesn't reflect sunlight. In the polar summer season, the cloud cover is burnt off by the 24 hour sunlight, and in that 24 hour sunlight, or the Earth's albedo, the ice and water reflect the sunlight up, and the reflected sunlight heats the ozone layer, spreading out the ozone units, thereby thinning the ozone layer.

It happens every year that way, at both of Earth's poles. Now aren't you glad you asked that stupid question?

so you believe all the pollution has had zero effect on the climate?
c

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2016, 08:24:23 PM »
so you believe all the pollution has had zero effect on the climate?

CO2 isn't a pollutant, nor is it destroying Planet Earth. In fact trees are responding well to the slightly higher CO2, by growing faster and larger. We've been having record crops lately too. Plants "breathe" CO2.

Climate Change is a scam.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2016, 07:58:22 AM »
CO2 isn't a pollutant, nor is it destroying Planet Earth. In fact trees are responding well to the slightly higher CO2, by growing faster and larger. We've been having record crops lately too. Plants "breathe" CO2.

even if it's a scam, what's the big deal with wanting to have clean water and clean air?

markofan

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2016, 08:15:43 AM »
even if it's a scam, what's the big deal with wanting to have clean water and clean air?

Go and actually watch the 2 videos I posted.  You will understand that cheap electricity from fossil fuels provides the means to clean up the environment.  Cheap electricity from fossil fuels has done more to raise the standard of living and raise people out of poverty than any other thing in the history of the world. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2016, 08:22:05 AM »
Go and actually watch the 2 videos I posted.  You will understand that cheap electricity from fossil fuels provides the means to clean up the environment.  Cheap electricity from fossil fuels has done more to raise the standard of living and raise people out of poverty than any other thing in the history of the world. 

cheap doesn't mean good.  It's cheap and easy but with a price.  Not sure where you live but go spend a day in LA and you'll know what I mean.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2016, 08:37:05 AM »

Pollution is real, Climate Change is the Scam. There is a huge difference between air pollution from car exhaust in cities, and slightly rising CO2 levels causing melting glaciers, rising sea levels, and flooding all the coastal area of the world, inundating major cities. There is no evidence that the latter will happen at all. It's just wild speculation, as scare tactic for political leftists to use, to raise taxes, and demand ever more government.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2016, 09:22:08 AM »
Erik C, I could not agree more.  I don't think anyone is advocating on behalf of air pollution and destroying the planet.  The issues at hand are these...

A.  Are human beings and our use of fossil fuels causing the climate to change in a drastic and dangerous way?

B.  Will taxing and regulating the shit out of the United States solve this problem?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2016, 06:10:16 AM »
I stand corrected...it was 10 years 11 months ::)

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/andrewalker/2016/01/27/al-gore-end-of-the-world-n2110731

Watch out world, and we are sorry if you had not realised before reading this, the world is ending today. That’s because today is the day that climate change entrepreneur, and former US Vice President, Al Gore warned us would be the beginning of a global emergency.

Mr Gore told his supporters a decade ago that the world had until 27th January 2016 to end its addiction to fossil fuels or the it would come to an end. Gore did not specify what householders might expect to happen today, but he was clear that this would be the end.

The claim was part of the marketing campaign for his hit documentary “An Inconvenient Truth", which he maintains was not a cheap attempt to make money off the green frenzy. Although, by sheer coincidence, it did make him a pile of cash.

Shortly before the film’s release Gore warned today would see "a true planetary emergency." Once again, he offered few details of the problems you might face on your weekly visit to Walmart.

He went on to tell the press: "If you accept the truth of that, then nothing else really matters that much… We have to organize quickly to come up with a coherent and really strong response, and that's what I'm devoting myself to."

Townhall would always warn readers in advance of any impending emergency but on this occasion we feel confident you need not stock up on canned beans. Gore has been making the same claim every week for the past ten years… Which has led us to believe his grim predictions might well be unfounded.

We think you should have a drive in your SUV today to celebrate how great life in America really is. Then crack open a cold beer to offend the health lobby too!

Coach did you even read my reply on the basic proof.

C'mon, we have a near perfect linear regression line  fit between the variables of increased CO2 in the atmosphere and polar temperatures for the past century *120 years ( start of the industrial age ). In the previous 9990 years this  correlation was NON-existent.

Based on that data, do you still think it's no big deal or some crazy hoax?
The majority of replies to the objective proof I provided IGNORE analysis of the data.
I must conclude, they simply don't comprehend the implications or they refuse to debate on the merits of the data.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2016, 06:15:58 AM »

This is retarded, co2 is a greenhouse gas, we have other planets with super high co2 like venus which would melt your face. Record crops my ass, we have seen some of the biggest droughts in recorded history in the last decade.

Ever hear of the runaway greenhouse effect?

To believe you we have to ignore anyone who knows anything about the climate.

The Gov

• Getbig III
  • Syphilis infected LurkingForBoys the Loser in Life
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2016, 06:52:24 AM »
all I know is the world is on a direct path to destruction due to Man.
c

Simple Simon

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2016, 06:53:17 AM »
all I know is the world is on a direct path to destruction due to Man.

the world will be here long after mans gone...

markofan

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2016, 07:07:25 AM »
This is retarded, co2 is a greenhouse gas, we have other planets with super high co2 like venus which would melt your face. Record crops my ass, we have seen some of the biggest droughts in recorded history in the last decade.

Clearly Necrosis, you do not know anything truthful about climate change. 

Earth has become 14% greener over the last 30 years.

http://www.thegwpf.org/matt-ridley-global-warming-versus-global-greening/

Simple Simon

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2016, 07:12:01 AM »

no, is it something someone made up to scare people?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2016, 07:19:08 AM »
This always ends up in a quasi "collectivist" vs quasi "libertarian" shit fest.

markofan

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2016, 07:21:36 AM »

Necrosis, regarding droughts, again see

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2016, 07:25:45 AM »
I can't believe the retards of getbig.  You can google any fucking thing you want and find stats on it.  If you fucking beat this prick long enough, he'll tell you he started the goddamn Chicago fire, now that don't necessarily make it fucking so!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2016, 08:17:00 AM »
I can't believe the retards of getbig.  You can google any fucking thing you want and find stats on it.  If you fucking beat this prick long enough, he'll tell you he started the goddamn Chicago fire, now that don't necessarily make it fucking so!

It's getbig,some know better and are just trolling and some are retards living like Jason Genova.
Impossible to really know who' who?  ???

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2016, 08:18:43 AM »
Clearly Necrosis, you do not know anything truthful about climate change. 

Earth has become 14% greener over the last 30 years.

I have done this with you before, you use half baked bullshit to support your stance.

we are currently in the 6th mass extinction event on the planet, but it's a bit greener!!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2016, 09:14:06 AM »
As GET BIG forum grows larger, doomsday comes closer.

Correlation ? No doubt.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2016, 09:21:39 AM »

To believe you we have to ignore anyone who TELLS LIES about anything about the climate. FIXED!

Venus is hotter than Earth because it is closer to the Sun. It's not an example of a CO2 caused runaway greenhouse effect.

The Earth atmosphere's current CO2 level amounts to only 400 ppm, that's parts per million! A mere small fraction of a percent of the Earth's atmosphere. Not even close to a CO2 caused runaway greenhouse effect is possible in the foreseeable future.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2016, 10:04:26 AM »
Coach did you even read my reply on the basic proof.

C'mon, we have a near perfect linear regression line  fit between the variables of increased CO2 in the atmosphere and polar temperatures for the past century *120 years ( start of the industrial age ). In the previous 9990 years this  correlation was NON-existent.

Based on that data, do you still think it's no big deal or some crazy hoax?
The majority of replies to the objective proof I provided IGNORE analysis of the data.
I must conclude, they simply don't comprehend the implications or they refuse to debate on the merits of the data.

Yes, and did you read my articles about how NOAA and NASA were caught making up false data?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2016, 10:09:34 AM »
Yes, and did you read my articles about how NOAA and NASA were caught making up false data?

Not sure why anyone would read or listen to a thing you post or say.  You seriously are one of the biggest fucking retards I have ever come across in my life and I've come across a lot.  My IQ loses points every time I read a post of yours.  These days I just simply ignore threads started by you so my blood pressure doesn't rise from reading your fucking utter nonsense.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2016, 10:24:04 AM »
Venus is hotter than Earth because it is closer to the Sun. It's not an example of a CO2 caused runaway greenhouse effect.

The Earth atmosphere's current CO2 level amounts to only 400 ppm, that's parts per million! A mere small fraction of a percent of the Earth's atmosphere. Not even close to a CO2 caused runaway greenhouse effect is possible in the foreseeable future.

why is venus hotter than mercury? LMAO.

CO2 increases surface temps, our permafrost is melting releasing methane, this is the situation on Venus, we are not close to this but we causing rapid shifts on a geological time scale, hence the death of whole ecosystems.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2016, 10:43:09 AM »
why is venus hotter than mercury? LMAO.

CO2 increases surface temps, our permafrost is melting releasing methane, this is the situation on Venus, we are not close to this but we causing rapid shifts on a geological time scale, hence the death of whole ecosystems.

Venus is hotter than Mercury, because Mercury doesn't have an atmosphere to trap the Sun's heat.

The tiny amount of CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere isn't causing the surface temperature of the Earth to increase.

"causing rapid shifts on a geological time scale" Where? You keep ignoring the much hotter Medieval Warm Period, just a thousand years ago.