Author Topic: Net Neutrality - Anyone disagree with this?  (Read 9957 times)

rachaelsnav

• Getbig II
Re: Net Neutrality - Anyone disagree with this?
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2014, 10:51:24 AM »
If we had a truly free markets net neutrality would be bad, because it would kill competition and innovation in people trying to provide a better product.  But since we have a government controlled infrastructural already net neutrality probably keeps things a little more free.  I am betting most of us have 1 maybe 2 choices for internet in our areas and close to zero competition because the government (local or federal) put barriers in the way of competition.  A free market without net neutrality would mean that while COX cable my limit my access to netflix and youtube and lower bandwidth.  Stan's internet service could show up and provide a service free of that and thus everyone would go with Stan's versus COX of course we do not have this today so it is a moot point but free markets always beat government controlled markets.

As for Dems or Republicans it doesn't really matter the freedom loving Democrats brought us the V Chip and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parents_Music_Resource_Center and have kept the Patriot act and increased NSA funding.  The Republicans started the Patriot act  and support the NSA neither is the friend of free people.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Net Neutrality - Anyone disagree with this?
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2014, 02:14:50 AM »
???

I have always said that a lot of liberals are morons on this issue.  I said there should not be anything political about it.  Facts are facts. 

I wasn't aware you had posted such criticism before. Certainly respect that, just missed the threads, I guess.