Author Topic: Covid 19 - Coronavirus - Two Words - "Mystery" and "Virus" from China  (Read 418918 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Two Words You Don't Want To Hear Together - "Mystery" and "Virus"
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2020, 12:29:38 AM »

Yes, the regular flu is deadly to those that are in risk groups. But we know what it is and the origin.

The real issue, which is still very cloudy is what the actual coronavirus mortality rate is in a healthy adult - as well as if the rumors of how much more transmissible this is compared to say SARS(8,098 cases with 774 deaths but it took 2 YEARS for that to happen). Remember they are saying a person can be up to two weeks without symptoms and still be a carrier.

China covers everything up and has done some very out of character things over this, which I do not think is insignificant. The economic impact of quarantine of millions is great and in a matter of days other issues like food available, etc will be coming up. It seems rather drastic in a country that quite honestly doesn't value human life over the State.

I mean, North Korea closed its border with China....they basically cancelled Chinese New Year...that's not normal. Disney closed their parks in Shanghai and Hong Kong....govts pulled expats etc from their embassies...does that sound like they are dealing the flu?

According to my sources mortality rate of all carriers is quite low. Kids especially show little symptoms. But among men aged 50-70 it’s around 3%. And higher if the person has underlying issues.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2020, 12:30:56 AM »
No issues of food availability. But yes issues around availability of medical supplies and resources.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2020, 12:54:53 AM »
HK will shortly stop all ferrys and trains from China entering HK. Trust me on this.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2020, 01:33:39 AM »
https://cryptopotato.com/the-coronavirus-hedge-bitcoin-and-gold-rising-together-as-chinese-lockdown-expands/

:D I called it.

If the chinks go down bitcoin will explode again as people will be trying to avoid stock crashes.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2020, 04:17:32 AM »

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2020, 06:13:14 AM »
The prediction is accurate in terms of trend. But as I have told you all already we are way way ahead of repeated infected. Hundreds of thousands are infected. Many will survive and not even appear as a statistic.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2020, 07:57:55 AM »
You know it was bound to happen, I suspect it will become a major talking point now -

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1222157562562383872 .

Also, this tweet gave me a chuckle -

https://twitter.com/UnknownEmz/status/1222177792340611073 .

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2020, 08:12:09 AM »
Not quite. And most of those deaths are from people over 65 years old with compromised immune system.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/1300-people-died-flu-year/story?id=67754182

So far, 8,200 people have died and 140,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC.

Not quite. You’re going by estimates. I’m going by real numbers from years past. By the way, the median age of the first dozen and a half people who died of coronavirus was 75 years old. Can you just believe other people’s information once in a while instead of trying to argue and be wrong?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2020, 10:43:57 AM »
You know it was bound to happen, I suspect it will become a major talking point now -

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1222157562562383872 .

FFS, now Coronavirus is Trumps fault.   ::)

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2020, 01:09:44 PM »
Which counties specifically will u go to?

Names of South East Asian capitol cities is confusing GIB & his 'people on the ground'  ::).

OBW,  countries NOT counties  ;)

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2020, 01:13:21 PM »
This new epidemic (Wiggs Ebola Wuhan mutation) is a virus (not a Bacteria).

Antibiotics do not help in killing this (or any other) virus. That is not to say though that antibiotics might not help prevent secondary bacterial infections that a victim might be prone to).

As others have said the main use is to prevent direct spit and saliva from going from a medical worker to a patient. They will provide no or very little assistance to airborn virus entering the lungs of someone who is wearing a mask. Regular hand washing and avoiding eye rubbing may help avoid catching.

Oh, GIB is WHO medico  ;D ;D ;D

Life style in his nursing home must be so booooorriiing !.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2020, 01:18:13 PM »
HK will shortly stop all ferrys and trains from China entering HK. Trust me on this.

Relax grandpa , yeah we "trust you" !.

OBW, every GetBigger have internet access + radio & TV  ;)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2020, 01:19:45 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2020/01/28/800442646/acclaimed-harvard-scientist-is-arrested-accused-of-lying-about-ties-to-china

I'm sure this is unrelated....a Harvard nano-chemist who worked USA gov contracts has been arrested for direct ties to and millions in payments from a Wuhan Tech University.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2020, 07:32:05 PM »
Epic, scientist at Peter Doherty Institute for Infection & Immunity (Melbourne) recreated Coronavirus after 7 days of work (ah, those white people) , discovery is shared internationally ............ :D

Chinese gotta be pissed  :P

Still no sight of GIB & his 'people on the ground' in Melbourne  !!!???.

(gib, Melbourne is in Australia  ;))

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2020, 09:17:23 PM »
Updates:

Japan, Germany confirm human-to-human transmission
US, UK warn citizens to avoid all non-essential travel to China(USA is considering total flight ban to/from China)
6,049 cases confirmed; 132 deaths
President Xi said China is taking the "devil virus" very seriously and will contain it
Governors and mayors across US bracing for viral outbreaks
Reports that China has refused US offer of assistance, and that Beijing is withholding data from CDC
Thailand reports 6 new cases, bringing total number to 14

"It's only 8:15 am in Beijing and health officials have already confirmed more than 840 new cases in Hubei Province.

That brings the toll to  6,049, including 263 cases deemed "severe." The death toll has climbed to 132, according to SCMP.

Those who have been closely comparing this outbreak with the 2003 SARS outbreak may notice that the coronavirus has achieved an important milestone. Barely a week into global response to the outbreak, the number of confirmed cases has already passed the number of SARS cases reported during the entire monthslong ordeal.

Sars infected 5,327 people in mainland China in nine months and killed 349 people, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO)."

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/china-curbs-travel-hong-kong-sends-6000-medics-hubei-death-toll-soars

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2020, 10:24:04 PM »

Actual:
Date
28/01/2020
Confirmed
Deaths

... still tracking ahead of the curve.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2020, 10:39:38 PM »
Epic, scientist at Peter Doherty Institute for Infection & Immunity (Melbourne) recreated Coronavirus after 7 days of work (ah, those white people) , discovery is shared internationally ............ :D

Chinese gotta be pissed  :P

Still no sight of GIB & his 'people on the ground' in Melbourne  !!!???.

(gib, Melbourne is in Australia  ;))

His people are operating out of Frankston, little chance of any virus penetrating that hole. 

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2020, 12:37:42 AM »
Q

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2020, 02:24:46 AM »
Updates:

Japan, Germany confirm human-to-human transmission
US, UK warn citizens to avoid all non-essential travel to China(USA is considering total flight ban to/from China)
6,049 cases confirmed; 132 deaths
President Xi said China is taking the "devil virus" very seriously and will contain it
Governors and mayors across US bracing for viral outbreaks
Reports that China has refused US offer of assistance, and that Beijing is withholding data from CDC
Thailand reports 6 new cases, bringing total number to 14

"It's only 8:15 am in Beijing and health officials have already confirmed more than 840 new cases in Hubei Province.

That brings the toll to  6,049, including 263 cases deemed "severe." The death toll has climbed to 132, according to SCMP.

Those who have been closely comparing this outbreak with the 2003 SARS outbreak may notice that the coronavirus has achieved an important milestone. Barely a week into global response to the outbreak, the number of confirmed cases has already passed the number of SARS cases reported during the entire monthslong ordeal.

Sars infected 5,327 people in mainland China in nine months and killed 349 people, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO)."

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/china-curbs-travel-hong-kong-sends-6000-medics-hubei-death-toll-soars

Thailand has 10s of thousands according to my people on the ground and sources.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2020, 04:17:11 AM »

You are FUCKING IDIOT !.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2020, 04:24:05 AM »
Well it's happening, just like in the movies Australia is relocating all infected with Coronavirus to Christmas Island in the
Indian ocean !. Christmas island is 3387 km/2105 m from Australia.

(still no sign of gib's 'people on the ground')

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2020, 04:29:23 AM »

Good plan, I am applying for the Club de Madrid membership (just to be save)  ;)

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2020, 06:30:49 AM »

::)

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2020, 01:12:02 PM »
::)

gib, have 'people on the ground' in 48 asian countries

W.H.O. must be jelous

;D

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2020, 02:13:05 PM »
Gib is classic getbig gold comedy.  He knows more than government agencies do and we should take his word over the CDC or the WHO.  A little critical thinking, just a little is all that's required here.  I still can't figure out if he is just a gimmick or really believes the obscure fringe websites that he's obviously getting his info from.