Author Topic: only atheists are allowed to post in this thread.  (Read 106159 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: tbombz facebook post from today & free religious sermon by MOS!
« Reply #600 on: June 15, 2015, 02:16:19 PM »
I saw God, I heard God, I felt God.

Even more, I experienced God!

:)

Please describe His appearance.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #601 on: June 15, 2015, 02:20:20 PM »
I saw God, I heard God, I felt God.

Even more, I experienced God!

:)

And it felt SOOOOOO good!!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #602 on: June 15, 2015, 02:24:43 PM »
So the Universe needs a creator, but the creator doesn't because... why? Because your beliefs require it to be so?

The definition of God is "uncreated, eternal, Creator". If you do not understand why God does not need a creator, then you do not understand the definition of God.

Yes. Based on everything that we know, the speed of light is a fundamental property of the Universe and it is constant. If you have objective, observable evidence to the contrary, present them.

Here is what you are saying "because, in our limited, human, finite, fallible experience, we have only as of yet witnessed XYZ, then it is true to claim that XYZ is an eternal, universal, infinite, infallible constant.

but that's completely absurd.

Yes. Based on everything that we know, Hubble's law is correct and redshift (which represents recession speed) can be used to measure distances.

I do not care much for debates about science. they are rather fruitless. however,

http://creation.com/quasar-with-enormous-redshift-found-embedded-in-nearby-spiral-galaxy-with-far-lower-redshift

Are you suggesting relativistic effects are in play? Do you have any objective, observable evidence?

dude...  i posted a video on this subject.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #603 on: June 15, 2015, 02:27:39 PM »
Please describe His appearance.

It is outside of my ability to describe.

Sorry.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #604 on: June 15, 2015, 02:47:09 PM »
how is it possible, to not be able to describe something you have seen and felt?

x2. Such a load of shit.

He says he experienced and felt something, yet can't describe what it is. Oh brotha.

X

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #605 on: June 15, 2015, 02:52:10 PM »
x2. Such a load of shit.

He says he experienced and felt something, yet can't describe what it is. Oh brotha.

This pastor does a pretty good job answering that question  ;)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #606 on: June 15, 2015, 02:55:49 PM »
This pastor does a pretty good job answering that question  ;)

If there is such thing as an alien race, and they are reading this thread, the aliens will think MOS and Tbombz (more Tbombz) are a bunch of nuts lol.

Alien 1: "Maybe we should visit earth."
Alien 2: "I am rather curious about the human race."
Alien 3: "Did you see the religious thread on getbig?"
Alien 2: "No, why?
Alien 3: "Well, there are these two crazy religious people, MOS and Tbombz. Wow, they are really out there."
Alien 1: "I just read that thread. If everyone is crazy as those two, there is no point of visiting the humans."
X

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #607 on: June 15, 2015, 02:57:21 PM »

Sorry.

T, you had this experience it changed you.
I believe you felt something and are doing your best to describe it.

Fair or not most here will ridicule you regardless of how sincere you are.

My advice is to have fun on getbig and avoid serious debates, especially those of a personal nature.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #608 on: June 15, 2015, 03:00:52 PM »
If there is such thing as an alien race, and they are reading this thread, the aliens will think MOS and Tbombz (more Tbombz) are a bunch of nuts lol.

Alien 1: "Maybe we should visit earth."
Alien 2: "I am rather curious about the human race."
Alien 3: "Did you see the religious thread on getbig?"
Alien 2: "No, why?
Alien 3: "Well, there are these two crazy religious people, MOS and Tbombz. Wow, they are really out there."
Alien 1: "I just read that thread. If everyone is crazy as those two, there is no point of visiting the humans."

I tend to like a good joke and posted the farting pastor video and other goofy stuff.
BUT, I don't think it serves any sensible purpose to call someone of faith, crazy or stupid.

I enjoy the freedom to NOT belong to any religion.
BUT, I try to respect those that think differently as a condition of that freedom.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #609 on: June 15, 2015, 03:03:23 PM »
I tend to like a good joke and posted the farting pastor video and other goofy stuff.
BUT, I don't think it serves any sensible purpose to call someone of faith, crazy or stupid.

I enjoy the freedom to NOT belong to any religion.
BUT, I try to respect those that think differently as a condition of that freedom.

Why not? Religion is constantly making its way into classrooms, laws, policies, regulations, etc. It needs to be mocked and ridiculed. When they stop trying to imbue their religious doctrine in every facet of life, I will still ridiculing them. Plain and simple.
X

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #610 on: June 15, 2015, 03:12:49 PM »
Why not? Religion is constantly making its way into classrooms, laws, policies, regulations, etc. It needs to be mocked and ridiculed. When they stop trying to imbue their religious doctrine in every facet of life, I will still ridiculing them. Plain and simple.

Well said Sir!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #612 on: June 15, 2015, 03:35:27 PM »

Sorry.

Of course it is. Didn't see that coming at all.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #613 on: June 15, 2015, 03:40:32 PM »

Exactly.

I think everyone should be able to "worship", but keep that non-sense witchcraft bullshit out of my daily life.

Let people believe what they want.

Religion is the plague IMO.  Oh well, whatever makes people feel better about their terrible past life and future death.

8)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #614 on: June 15, 2015, 03:48:03 PM »
Exactly.

I think everyone should be able to "worship", but keep that non-sense witchcraft bullshit out of my daily life.

Religion is the plague IMO.  Oh well, whatever makes people feel better about their terrible past life and future death.

8)

I agree with you and don't want organized religion shoved down my throat either.
BUT...
Nobody will listen and receive,   if you constantly tell them their stupid and crazy.
How effective are the bible thumpers when they declare that all us heathens are going straight to hell  ;)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #615 on: June 15, 2015, 03:53:58 PM »
I agree with you and don't want organized religion shoved down my throat either.
BUT...
Nobody will listen and receive,   if you constantly tell them their stupid and crazy.
How effective are the bible thumpers when they declare that all us heathens are going straight to hell  ;)

Doesn't matter if they are effective or not. Fact of the matter is that there is a chance eventually they will be successful. They want to make America into a Theocracy.
X

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #616 on: June 15, 2015, 03:59:49 PM »
Doesn't matter if they are effective or not. Fact of the matter is that there is a chance eventually they will be successful. They want to make America into a Theocracy.

Yes and there is  a chance  these men will be considered the world's greatest athletes someday?
30 sec to 1:30 is a clear and obvious demonstration of the IFBB pros as great athletes. ;)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #617 on: June 15, 2015, 04:01:18 PM »
Yes and there is  a chance  these men will be considered the world's greatest athletes someday?
30 sec to 1:30 is a clear and obvious demonstration of the IFBB pros as great athletes. ;)

Its a chance Id rather not take, and until they keep their religion to themselves, they will continue to receive backlash from people.
X

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #618 on: June 15, 2015, 04:05:11 PM »
Exactly.

8)
60 Minutes' expose "Recruiting For ISIS"
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/recruiting-for-isis-60-minutes-2/

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #619 on: June 15, 2015, 04:37:03 PM »
The definition of God is "uncreated, eternal, Creator". If you do not understand why God does not need a creator, then you do not understand the definition of God.

So everything requires a creator except the creator who doesn't because... you define him thusly? You know there's a word for that kind of thing, right? The word is "BULLSHIT!"

Here is what you are saying "because, in our limited, human, finite, fallible experience, we have only as of yet witnessed XYZ, then it is true to claim that XYZ is an eternal, universal, infinite, infallible constant.

but that's completely absurd.

No, what I'm saying is that based on all the information available to us and our best understanding, the speed of light is a fixed, unchanging property of the Universe. I'm open to this knowledge and understanding being wrong - this is part of what being a scientist and, more generally, a rational person is all about.

I do not care much for debates about science. they are rather fruitless. however,

You may not care, but those of us who see the world around us and the Universe at large as something that operates based on natural rules instead of supernatural fiat do care.

http://creation.com/quasar-with-enormous-redshift-found-embedded-in-nearby-spiral-galaxy-with-far-lower-redshift

I need to read the referenced paper, since creation.org can't be trusted - they've misrepresented legitimate scientific research and discoveries in the past. But let's assume that indeed this quasar is close by and has a redshift that we cannot explain. So what? All that would show is that we have more to learn about the Universe. And what's the problem with that?

And lest you forget, you can't explain the redshift AT ALL. Your only answer - to this and any other question - is "GODDIDIT" and that isn't really an answer at all.

dude...  i posted a video on this subject.

I'm not interested in videos. If you want to discuss science, explain your position and, if necessary, provide links to reputable scientific publications containing further information. I am not going to waste time watching a video about relativistic effects by someone who, for all I know, didn't graduate from highschool.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #620 on: June 15, 2015, 05:12:56 PM »
What you are saying to me is this:

"I accept as truth only those things which tickle the fancy of my sinful heart"

If your god never disagrees with you, then you are only worshiping an idealized version of yourself.

no, that is what your hearing.

Human nature needs discipline but at our core we are without "sin"

I suppose you will never be at peace, on the one hand having raging homosexual feelings in your body and on the other wanting to be accepted in to Gods good graces.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #621 on: June 15, 2015, 05:31:12 PM »
no, that is what your hearing.

Human nature needs discipline but at our core we are without "sin"

I suppose you will never be at peace, on the one hand having raging homosexual feelings in your body and on the other wanting to be accepted in to Gods good graces.

Must be tough for tbombz, as he is most likely still attracted to men. How does he reconcile that with his belief in God? Must be tough for him.
X

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #622 on: June 15, 2015, 06:03:30 PM »
Must be tough for tbombz, as he is most likely still attracted to men. How does he reconcile that with his belief in God? Must be tough for him.

Don't you worry about tbombz... Jesus is inside him, waiting for that bunny suit he ordered to get delivered. :-X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #623 on: June 15, 2015, 11:27:12 PM »
I saw God, I heard God.

Any believers want to weigh in here?

Saints, popes, Kirk Cameron - they don't even have balls like this. But we're just gonna pretend this goofball isn't a liar or nutjob. And then will get defensive when non-Christians mock us.

How the fuck can you not call him out on this?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #624 on: June 16, 2015, 05:17:01 AM »
I too have found, felt, heard Jesus, and he is amazing.  My yard has never looked better.   :D