Author Topic: Mayweather Hatton 24/7 Episode 2  (Read 1582 times)

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
Mayweather Hatton 24/7 Episode 2
« on: November 28, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »
http://iiytr.blogspot.com/

would like to see hatton win, think mayweather's gonna win on points
its comin today

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: Mayweather Hatton 24/7 Episode 2
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 05:38:54 PM »
There has been alot of rumors going around that Mayweather has some sort of injury, and in episode 2 they show him getting treatment on his hand and on his shoulder.  Hatton said he's not buying into it reguardless of whether it's true or not, he thinks it's just Mayweather's camp playing games.  He also said when he beats Maywether he expects him to use that as an excuse.  I think Gayweather puts on his running shoes again and runs around for 12 rounds and gets the decision, although I would love nothing more than to see Floyd get grinded down and put away.  Hatton is an ugly fight for anybody though, he can make anybody, even slick boxers, look bad, hopefully he can pick up where DLH left off.  Oscar had some success when he would cut Floyd off, jab him into the ropes and flurry, his only problem is he tapered off in the latter rounds.  If Hatton can use that gameplan and maintain that pressure for the whole fight, we might see an upset.
Predictions
 40/61

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 06:29:56 PM »
There has been alot of rumors going around that Mayweather has some sort of injury, and in episode 2 they show him getting treatment on his hand and on his shoulder.  Hatton said he's not buying into it reguardless of whether it's true or not, he thinks it's just Mayweather's camp playing games.  He also said when he beats Maywether he expects him to use that as an excuse.  I think Gayweather puts on his running shoes again and runs around for 12 rounds and gets the decision, although I would love nothing more than to see Floyd get grinded down and put away.  Hatton is an ugly fight for anybody though, he can make anybody, even slick boxers, look bad, hopefully he can pick up where DLH left off.  Oscar had some success when he would cut Floyd off, jab him into the ropes and flurry, his only problem is he tapered off in the latter rounds.  If Hatton can use that gameplan and maintain that pressure for the whole fight, we might see an upset.

I wouldn't put too much into that hand deal with floyd... he has had hand issues for the better part of his career. I like hatton after watching this series so far also. I like his "make-up". Kinda guy you hang out and have a beer with and talk smack..lol

I really didn't know much about his personality to be honest, just saw his matches.

I still see floyd putting in work on him. Hatton does have a style if he holds and clinches and bullies him around he could do some things but I can see him getting pts deducted along the way maybe and getting tagged on the outside afterwards.

floyd UD. 

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 11:13:39 AM »
Just watched this and they filmed in Rickys local which is the Lamb Inn in Gee cross which is also my local too - Lot of british lads are going over there I hope Vegas knows what its letting itself in for lol.

I hope its a great fight

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 01:16:17 PM »
it's too bad about floyd,all the talent in the world and it's a shame his dad or uncle could'nt teach him to handle his business with an ounce of class

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 01:42:18 PM »
it's too bad about floyd,all the talent in the world and it's a shame his dad or uncle could'nt teach him to handle his business with an ounce of class

i dont think his uncle or dad have an ounce of class so there was really no one to teach him.
its comin today

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 02:44:55 PM »
i dont think his uncle or dad have an ounce of class so there was really no one to teach him.

Lol, agreed.  Those guys were hoods, Floyd Sr. had his boxing career cut short because he got shot if i'm not mistaken.
Predictions
 40/61

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 09:14:59 PM »
I too would like Hatton to win but he wont.

I actually think Mayweather is going to stop Hatton if he turns it up.

Hatton is by no means a big puncher....he's a wear a guy down fighter/volume puncher. But he will find it very diffcult to penetrate the defense of Floyd. Also Hatton is VERY sloppy....he doesnt have the precise punching ala Cotto. But he does have a highworkrate so that can work to his advantage.

Anyhow, I see Hatton coming out strong and then fading. Hatton has been hurt by bodyshots before....I see Floyd working downstairs and then upstairs slowly round after round. If he hurts Hatton he can stop him....but Mayweather is a safety first fighter so we shall see.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 05:21:27 PM »
Oscar DLH has repotedly helped Hatton out and also gave him some pointers, he said Hatton is planning on applying what he called "smart pressure" on Mayweather.  Like I said before, Delahoya would have won that fight if he could have kept his pressure on and not faded in the latter rounds.  Hatton has decent cardio, the harder punches, and he is capable of finishing opponents in the 10th,11th, and 12th rounds.  Mayweather's power didn't move up with him to 147lbs, he will not KO Hatton.  I see Hatton trying to punch Mayweather into the ropes and doing his damage there.  In all reality, Mayweather will have his running shoes on like usual, boring decision is highly likely.
Predictions
 40/61

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 05:48:08 PM »
Oscar has always faded in fights....Mayweather was banking on that.

And if I remember correctly....Mayweather almost dropped Oscar in that fight. Mayweather was on the ropes and he caught Oscar with a right hand.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 07:35:54 PM »
Oscar has always faded in fights....Mayweather was banking on that.

And if I remember correctly....Mayweather almost dropped Oscar in that fight. Mayweather was on the ropes and he caught Oscar with a right hand.

I know Oscar has always faded in fights, but when has Hatton?  He's pretty well known for his nonstop slug and grab attack, and he can do it for twelve rounds.  "Chop Chop" Corley hit Mayweather with a right hook and stunned him bad and "almost" dropped him in his first fight at 140lbs.  I don't remember Floyd "almost" dropping DLH, what round did this happen? Was he actually stunned? or was he just caught off balance like Hopkins in his first fight with Taylor?
Predictions
 40/61

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 08:30:54 PM »
Yes Hatton does have a good gastank thats why this fight interest me somewhat.

Mayweather has a good gas tank as well.

Now regarding Corley buzzing Mayweather.....YES he did but Hatton is NOT a southpaw with a sneaky right hook like Corley. Corely had Cotto on queer street with that hook as well.

I cant remember what round, need to check the tape again....but I doubt I will because that fight was so boring. I dont know if Oscar was stunned or not but one thing for sure is that he felt it....he fell forward onto Floyd. Sometimes its not about having a big punch per se....sometimes the punch you dont see is the one that hurts the most.

Hopefully Hatton can make Floyd fight Saturday night and make him earn that $$$$$$.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 10:00:59 PM »

i agree. the whole family looks foolish on that show. i really hope mayweather gets beat
irongearco.com

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 08:51:36 AM »
I too would like Hatton to win but he wont.

I actually think Mayweather is going to stop Hatton if he turns it up.

Hatton is by no means a big puncher....he's a wear a guy down fighter/volume puncher. But he will find it very diffcult to penetrate the defense of Floyd. Also Hatton is VERY sloppy....he doesnt have the precise punching ala Cotto. But he does have a highworkrate so that can work to his advantage.

Anyhow, I see Hatton coming out strong and then fading. Hatton has been hurt by bodyshots before....I see Floyd working downstairs and then upstairs slowly round after round. If he hurts Hatton he can stop him....but Mayweather is a safety first fighter so we shall see.

Smart guy  ;)