Author Topic: Putin orders tactical nuclear weapons drills  (Read 2621 times)

pamith

• Getbig V
Re: Putin orders tactical nuclear weapons drills
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2024, 12:47:40 AM »
Brutal if true

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2024, 01:01:57 AM »
Brutal if true
And you wouldn't recover.

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2024, 02:02:35 AM »
If we die, we die.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2024, 02:22:56 AM »
^^^ I wouldn't want to be the artillery man launching that. You would probably be taking in some serious radiation.
Yes each Gun Battery had to always have a trained team for the task, i got spammed for it twice.
we had a tool kit special for the fuzing & setting the Round, infact it was like a surgical operation as 1 guy was the "toolman" who passed the tools to me & another guy ..we were attaching the fuze & setting it.
The fuze was nothing like a normal fuze for say HE or smoke, illuminating rounds.
It also had numbers running top to bottom in a small window, not like a normal fuze.
after me & the other guy fuzed it & set it it was carried in a special cradle to a Gun which was then Layed & fired the round.
we were in full nuclear kit masked up Noddy suite on.
as far as i remember we had Trenches dug which we were to shelter in.. as much use as Tits on a fish ..fire it & die
being young men at the time i donīt think we really understood the consequences of our actions & the seriousness of it all.
We worked & trained with (if my memory is OK) with the US  15 USAFAD Sennelager. infact we stole their flag  :)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2024, 02:29:23 AM »
I should also point out we used a training round which was an exact replica of the real one. It also came packed in a special metal container which had a window that showed  if the round  was OK, we had a saying to remind us ,
"Blue is true...Pink stinks"  so if it showed the colour Blue it was OK.
I think it had something to do with humidity.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2024, 03:02:41 AM »
Whether you like it or not, Putin isn't known for fucking around or about. He is literally known in the diplomatic circles for being direct.

And yet, here we are, Gringos, trying to prove he is bluffing when he's literally done every single thing he said he was going to do.

Now we want to test his nuclear resolve.

This isn't stupid, it's suicidal.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2024, 07:55:33 AM »
15-18 kilotons. About the same as Hiroshima / Nagasaki. It can cause a tremendous amount of damage depending on where it is detonated.

Correction:

The 15-18KT yield was for the M65 Atomic Cannon. Looks like the M109 could theoretically have fired nuclear artillery with a yield of around 2KT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M65_atomic_cannon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_artillery

155mm W82 nuclear artillery shell, cancelled. Likely would have been delivered by M109 self-propelled, M114 towed howitzers and M198 towed howitzers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W82

The W82 (also known as the XM785 shell) was a low-yield tactical nuclear warhead developed by the United States and designed to be used in a 155 mm artillery shell. It was conceived as a more flexible replacement for the W48, the previous generation of 155 mm nuclear artillery shell. A previous attempt to replace the W48 with the W74 munition was canceled due to cost.

Originally envisioned as a dual-purpose weapon, with interchangeable components to allow the shell to function as either a standard fission explosive or an enhanced radiation device, the warhead was developed at Lawrence Livermore Laboratory[1] starting in 1977. The eventual prototype round had a yield of 2 kt (8.4 TJ) in a package 34 inches (860 mm) long and weighing 95 pounds (43 kg),[1] which included the rocket-assisted portion of the shell. The unit cost of the weapon was estimated at US$4 million.[2]: 93  Although enhanced radiation devices were considered more effective at blunting an invasion due to the high neutron flux they produce, the more complex design eventually led to the cancellation of the dual-purpose W82-0 program in 1982. Development of a standard weapon, the W82-1, was restarted in 1986. The program was finally cancelled in 1991 due to the end of the Cold War.

So 2 Kilotons of explosive power from 155mm artillery or a tank gun.

Which would be extremely powerful, considering Hiroshima and Nagasaki blasts were about 15 and 20 kilotons.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2024, 08:04:55 AM »

Which would be extremely powerful, considering Hiroshima and Nagasaki blasts were about 15 and 20 kilotons.
Itīs designed to hit a very specific area, remember itīs a tactical nuke.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2024, 08:10:41 AM »
All "Gunners" know this and rule the Battlefield. Indeed Napoleon said Guns are the power in the Field..Stalin something similar.
Proud to be an ex Gunner :)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2024, 08:18:04 AM »
excellent Drills from the Royal navy Gunners. "The Guns are your Colours"

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2024, 12:37:31 AM »
All "Gunners" know this and rule the Battlefield. Indeed Napoleon said Guns are the power in the Field..Stalin something similar.
Proud to be an ex Gunner :)
"He who has the big guns wins" isn't just a bodybuilding axiom.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2024, 01:34:20 AM »
"He who has the big guns wins" isn't just a bodybuilding axiom.
Yes & my Cannon is Big  ;D

Super Nattie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2024, 03:55:45 AM »
 :o

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2024, 02:05:39 PM »
:o

These two are confused about why the West is making all these mistakes and why Austin can't give a direct answer. Well, if the goal is depopulation then it all makes sense. But they fail to go there. Basically, the goyim dying on both sides in Ukraine are a plus for the Zionists. And if it escalates to WW3 more goyim can die. The instigators have their bunkers.

The entertainment industry sometimes drops hints. In Fallout they decided to use Nukes so they could justify their vault business and because they wanted to preemptively strike to direct and control a collapse. And for greedy reasons they wanted to shape society all over again in their vaults, and observe and experiment with different outcomes. One scenario a conspirator floated was stocking a vault with limited resources and placing too many people in it. That way it could satisfy his curiosity about human behavior in an entertaining manner.

In the real world, it could be that the globalist elite want to bring down the world's population in a controlled manner to around 500 million people. The upcoming AI and robotic innovations would also reduce the need for billions of people. Perhaps Russia and China are part of this agenda - Trump as well. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors. This could all be scripted.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2024, 03:11:58 PM »
This war would be over in 20 minutes with these guys….

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2024, 01:16:27 AM »
Those Slav Mongoloids are not capable of safely handling such technology.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2024, 01:20:38 AM »
Those Slav Mongoloids are not capable of safely handling such technology.
That won't stop them from trying. They may blow themselves up.

Goliathon

• Getbig III
  • Here comes the boom!!
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2024, 04:58:09 AM »
Whether you like it or not, Putin isn't known for fucking around or about. He is literally known in the diplomatic circles for being direct.

And yet, here we are, Gringos, trying to prove he is bluffing when he's literally done every single thing he said he was going to do.

Now we want to test his nuclear resolve.

This isn't stupid, it's suicidal.

Seriously people don't get what these kind of Russians are like. They bank on westerners being pussies.

Reality is we have no idea how many nukes the Russians have that actually work.

So it's it not a release the hounds type situation. Nuclear war will kill millions but it probably won't be planet killing types.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2024, 06:17:54 AM »
Seriously people don't get what these kind of Russians are like. They bank on westerners being pussies.

So it's it not a release the hounds type situation. Nuclear war will kill millions but it probably won't be planet killing types.
some truth in this but.. i think they have enough to cause serious problems for us in Europe, not for you Yankee boys in Ohio.
Putin is no fool , maybe heīs bluffing but remember heīs an old school KGB guy who served in the then, East Germany DDR.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2024, 06:22:39 AM »
I think the US Navy is the best in the world when we talk about stealth .. The UK has lost a lot of its capabilities that they had in the "cold war"
The US Navy Subs are the best in the world no doubt about it. Putin knows this & they can launch everywhere.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2024, 07:42:44 AM »

I believe the modern guided stuff has selectable yields down to a couple of hundred - but of course that's still awful when you recall that those old-school daisy-cutters were roughly equivalent to only(!) ~10 tons

So the idea of lobbing those massive old shell nukes purely ballistically like some great big fuck-off mortar is a bit scary - imagine the potential for "Oops!" moments!!!

T

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2024, 08:02:30 AM »
I believe the modern guided stuff has selectable yields down to a couple of hundred - but of course that's still awful when you recall that those old-school daisy-cutters were roughly equivalent to only(!) ~10 tons

So the idea of lobbing those massive old shell nukes purely ballistically like some great big fuck-off mortar is a bit scary - imagine the potential for "Oops!" moments!!!
I canīt speak for the Russian Artillery but itīs much more accurate now.
I mean our Forward OPīs did an 8 Grid Map reference which was at the time very accurate for HE Rounds.
Later the AGLS came in which they now use & Lays the Guns. Incedently we back in the day had to Lay the Gun using Directors, you had to know your drills. Check Bearing, recording drills, image lost..etc
The M109 i loved a great Gun which is still in use by the US Field Artillery

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2024, 08:08:48 AM »
I canīt speak for the Russian Artillery but itīs much more accurate now.
I mean our Forward OPīs did an 8 Grid Map reference which was at the time very accurate for HE Rounds.
Later the AGLS came in which they now use & Lays the Guns. Incedently we back in the day had to Lay the Gun using Directors, you had to know your drills. Check Bearing, recording drills, image lost..etc
The M109 i loved a great Gun which is still in use by the US Field Artillery

Oh I absolutely recognise the skills on our side - they could place the thing through a skylight!!  I was thinking more of the poor conscripted 'Soviets' being issued with a plumb line, a protractor and a wind sock  ;D ;D
T

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2024, 08:17:29 AM »
Oh I absolutely recognise the skills on our side - they could place the thing through a skylight!!  I was thinking more of the poor conscripted 'Soviets' being issued with a plumb line, a protractor and a wind sock  ;D ;D
Iīm just an old fart ranting .. but i loved the Gun. You see the the Canadians doing a "quick action" direct fire.
this could happen moving inbetween locations as a fire mission came down.
No aiming posts or derectors (which were optical sights). Prismatic compass. bearing & elevation.
whatever.. i loved the guns. :)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2024, 08:19:47 AM »

It would kill hundreds of millions within 72 minutes and up to 5 billion people within a year.

This is hard to watch but it explains what happens the second an enemy ICBM's exhaust is detected. And also concepts like "Launch on warning" and "Sole presidential authority".

These systems are built solely as deterrents they make no sense as weapons of war.