Author Topic: Rey Mysterio suspended  (Read 2787 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Rey Mysterio suspended
« on: August 27, 2009, 07:14:32 PM »
In accordance with WWE's Wellness Program, effective Wednesday, September 2, Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio) is suspended for 30 days for a violation of the company’s policy.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/869043

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Rey Mysterio suspended
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 08:18:51 AM »
haha i read this reply on another forum....

Just because he doesn't look like Batista means nothing. Misterio most likely has all fast twitch muscles

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »
In accordance with WWE's Wellness Program, effective Wednesday, September 2, Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio) is suspended for 30 days for a violation of the company’s policy.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/869043

Not surprised. Mysterio has never exactly led a clean life. His knees are shot to shit so he probably pops opiates like crazy. Not only that but he's definitely abused sterioids in spurts throughout his career.

Plus, I used to bump into him and Konnan at after hour clubs in Baltimore all the time rolling their faces off on X. This was back in their WCW days in the late 90's.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 01:55:54 PM »
It's more than likely gonna be something recreational, his physique hasn't screamed roids for quite some years now.  It's a shame though, because on TV he's one of the better role models for the younger fans.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 02:45:01 PM »

Credit: F4WOnline.com

In an interview with the newspaper Record in Mexico, Rey Mysterio talked about how he was suspended for a drug he was using for his knee and arm that he has a prescription for. Mysterio explained that between going on vacation, and then being sent to the United Kingdom by WWE to promote the Summerslam PPV, he wasn't notified about his test failure until Wednesday. At that point, Mysterio was told he had to provide the prescription record by Thursday and he claimed it wasn't enough time. After that, WWE announced that Mysterio was suspended

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 03:16:34 PM »

Credit: F4WOnline.com

In an interview with the newspaper Record in Mexico, Rey Mysterio talked about how he was suspended for a drug he was using for his knee and arm that he has a prescription for. Mysterio explained that between going on vacation, and then being sent to the United Kingdom by WWE to promote the Summerslam PPV, he wasn't notified about his test failure until Wednesday. At that point, Mysterio was told he had to provide the prescription record by Thursday and he claimed it wasn't enough time. After that, WWE announced that Mysterio was suspended

That sounds overly harsh for someone as valuable to them as Rey?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 04:51:54 AM »
More on Mysterio from PWI:

As announced yesterday on WWE.com, effective next Wednesday, Rey Mysterio has been suspended for 30 days for a violation of the company's drug testing policy. It seems likely he will work next Tuesday's SmackDown taping in Cleveland in order to drop the Intercontinental Championship before serving his suspension. Dolph Ziggler secured an Intercontinental Championship match at next month's WWE Breaking Point pay-per-view by defeating Mike Knox and Finlay in a No. 1 Contender's Match on last night's edition of WWE Superstars.

While this is Mysterio's violation of WWE's drug testing policy, this isn't the first time his name has been linked to substances of a questionable nature.

On March 19, 2007, the official website of Sports Illustrated posted an article in its continuing series investigating a steroid and HGH ring used by a number of professional athletes in several sports. The article mentioned several current and former WWE wrestlers — including Mysterio — as being tied to the ring. David Wilbirt, an Arizona doctor, allegedly issued prescriptions for the anabolic steroids nandrolone (also known as Deca-Durabolin) and stanozolol (also known as Winstrol) to Mysterio. Wilbirt had been investigated by the Drug Enforcement Agency from 2001 to 2005 for allegedly writing 3,879 prescriptions between November 2004 and April 2005, all for "patients" who had requested drugs over the Internet.

WWE later made a statement on the situation, mentioning that the allegations preceded the drug testing program the company launched in February 2006. Through WWE, Mysterio declined commenting on the allegations to Sports Illustrated.

Mysterio's name would once again be linked to a shady doctor later that year following the Chris Benoit double murder and suicide. On this occasion, his name was being linked to the federal investigation of Benoit's physician, Dr. Phil Astin III. He was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison for his conviction on illegally dispensing prescription drugs to 17 patients from 2002 until his arrest in 2007. One of the patients he was arrested for improperly dispensing medications to was "O.G.", which happens to be the initials of Mysterio's real name, Oscar Gutierrez. It was later confirmed by ABCNews.com that "O.G." was indeed WWE wrestler Rey Mysterio. In the indictment filed against Astin, it was disclosed that "O.G." had been prescribed 120 Percosets, 150 Lorcets and refills allowed for 450 more Lorcets on June 28, 2006. He received a similar level of medication a few weeks later on July 20, 2006. He was listed as having only made those two visits to Astin.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 08:00:42 AM »
More on Mysterio's suspension from PWI:

WWE officials are said to be very unhappy with Rey Mysterio over comments he made to a Mexican newspaper regarding his recent drug test failure where he said had a prescription for the drug he failed for but was suspended before he could give proof of his prescription.

A number of ideas are being discussed for Tuesday's SmackDown taping in Cleveland including Dolph Ziggler beating him for the Intercontinental title and Ziggler interfering and costing him the title against another wrestler. Although, WWE would have to explain why Ziggler didn't receive the title shot after winning a number one contender's match on last week's episode of Superstars if they go in the latter direction.

I said it in a previous thread and i'll say it again. Don't be surprised if this guy gets released. Injury prone and 2 suspensions thus far.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 08:19:04 AM »
More on Mysterio's suspension from PWI:

WWE officials are said to be very unhappy with Rey Mysterio over comments he made to a Mexican newspaper regarding his recent drug test failure where he said had a prescription for the drug he failed for but was suspended before he could give proof of his prescription.

A number of ideas are being discussed for Tuesday's SmackDown taping in Cleveland including Dolph Ziggler beating him for the Intercontinental title and Ziggler interfering and costing him the title against another wrestler. Although, WWE would have to explain why Ziggler didn't receive the title shot after winning a number one contender's match on last week's episode of Superstars if they go in the latter direction.

I said it in a previous thread and i'll say it again. Don't be surprised if this guy gets released. Injury prone and 2 suspensions thus far.

I can't see them releasing him, he's worth far too much to them.  His popularity and merchandise sales must be one of the highest in the company.  I could see him quitting though.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 10:22:29 AM »
I can't see them releasing him, he's worth far too much to them.  His popularity and merchandise sales must be one of the highest in the company.  I could see him quitting though.
Doesn't matter about his merchandise sales. That only Benefits Ray. AAA promotion in Mexico was offering him 1 million / yr to jump ship. He is pretty much worshipped in Mexico and would get tons of respect. Aside from being constantly hurt this is also his second policy violation and not at a good time since now WWE is PG. He will get cut and remember where you heard it, bro.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 10:35:52 AM »
I hope he leaves. Take that other midget, the leprechaun with him.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 11:40:04 AM »
lol....I too am getting sick of this Chavo vs Hornswoggle crap. Get the little shit outta there and lets see some real matches.
Don't worry, Mysterio will be done soon. I'm calling it.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 11:49:47 AM »
lol....I too am getting sick of this Chavo vs Hornswoggle crap. Get the little shit outta there and lets see some real matches.
Don't worry, Mysterio will be done soon. I'm calling it.
Im not really a Chavo fan, but its pitiful for him to be humilated by that thing every week. I never minded Mysterio until Eddie died and they used that to give Mysterio one of the worst title reigns ever.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 12:16:05 PM »
Im not really a Chavo fan, but its pitiful for him to be humilated by that thing every week. I never minded Mysterio until Eddie died and they used that to give Mysterio one of the worst title reigns ever.
I think they could get more out of chavo. He must have done something backstage to piss off management for them to give him these kinds of matches / vindicates where he not only looses but get humiliated.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 03:35:14 AM »
Doesn't matter about his merchandise sales. That only Benefits Ray. AAA promotion in Mexico was offering him 1 million / yr to jump ship. He is pretty much worshipped in Mexico and would get tons of respect. Aside from being constantly hurt this is also his second policy violation and not at a good time since now WWE is PG. He will get cut and remember where you heard it, bro.

Merchandise sales benefit the company more than Rey.  They'll take a higher percentage of the sales than he will.  The money being offered in Mexico is the reason he's more likely to leave of his own accord.  I still don't think they'll release him.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 03:36:30 AM »

That friggin little pygmy has been annoying the shit outta me for months now.  Chavo is one of the most underrated on the roster, and they should be doing something much better with him.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 07:13:29 AM »
Merchandise sales benefit the company more than Rey.  They'll take a higher percentage of the sales than he will.  The money being offered in Mexico is the reason he's more likely to leave of his own accord.  I still don't think they'll release him.
The WWE is a billion dollar industry. They sure don't need Mysterio or what little money he generates.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 04:29:04 AM »
Just a heads up....Ray Mysterio lost the title on last nights smackdown tapings to John Morrison in what the critics are calling a PPV type exciting match.