Author Topic: Drinking Raw Eggs in Shakes...Am i Nuts?  (Read 5277 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Re: Drinking Raw Eggs in Shakes...Am i Nuts?
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 08:14:12 PM »
why drink them raw?

What’s the difference between LIQUID and RAW egg whites?

The human body cannot completely and safely digest a raw egg white. So, if you like to do the "Rocky Routine" with a raw egg or raw egg white in your drink, you are wasting your time, not to mention the threat of Salmonella. Avidin, which is found in raw egg whites, blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency. You must cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its Amino acids. Unfortunately, cooking also starts to destory the protein.

Our 100% pure liquid egg whites from Egg Whites International are heat pasteurized and salmonella tested. The pasteurization process heats the egg white to 134 degrees for 3½ minutes. This heat kills the salmonella and neutralizes the Avidin to allow the egg whites to be digested safely by the human body. When you cook an egg white to the point of scrambled eggs, you are overcooking the protein and denaturing the true value of the protein. Therefore, 100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites are liquid but not raw, making them the purest form of protein In The Entire World! They will stay good in your refrigerator for 90 to 120 days and can be safely kept frozen indefinitely.

www.eggwhitesint.com

goodstuff.... ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 08:48:45 PM »
The best way to cook and egg so you get the most out of it nutritionally (according to Benny Pooda who did his college thesis or something on eggs) said poached and covered

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 03:26:29 AM »
I used to drink a dozen raw whole eggs every day.  Sometimes I would accidentally drop the shit-covered eggshells into the cup, but they were still good to drink haha.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 03:51:03 AM »
at what temperature is Avidan destroyed?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 03:52:59 AM »
at what temperature is Avidan destroyed?

I'd like to know.  Egg white poisoning is no bs.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 04:24:17 AM »
Liquid, pasteurized egg whites is the way to go instead of raw.  It's not so much the risk of getting sick, but there are scientific studies showing that protein absorption from cooked eggs (incl. pasteurized) is MUCH higher than from raw eggs.

Liquid egg whites KICK ASS in protein shakes btw.

:)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 05:15:21 AM »
Liquid, pasteurized egg whites is the way to go instead of raw.  It's not so much the risk of getting sick, but there are scientific studies showing that protein absorption from cooked eggs (incl. pasteurized) is MUCH higher than from raw eggs.

Liquid egg whites KICK ASS in protein shakes btw.

Agree.  I microwave mine before blending tho to ensure avidin denaturation.  It would be nice not to have to tho.

rk272727

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 07:24:12 AM »
not nuts - but yes stupid

but hey since your at it? Forget Aids, you cannot cure it but today you can comfortably life with it - so to hell with condoms go for it chief
is that what your aids infected mom told her client and then he got it twice aids and you wow have you ever figured out who it really was
b

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 07:46:23 AM »
Taste better mixed with vodka.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 08:50:29 AM »
I like my eggs hardboiled with a little mayo and pepper and between two slices of bread

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 08:54:09 AM »
i can only imagine how much gas i would get with drinking raw eggs. aside from the fact its disgusting.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 10:16:53 AM »
If your worried about getting salmonella just rinse off the egg shell before u crack in in xtremely hot water. Since salmonella is found on the shell of the egg, this will get rid of any chance of it, and ur safe to eat ur egg raw if u want to !! ;D

No need to make it that complicated. Just down a nice, tall glass of bleach after you eat the raw eggs and you are good to go.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2009, 06:32:24 PM »
I'd like to know.  Egg white poisoning is no bs.

lol you didnt see wut i did thar

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »
why drink them raw?

What’s the difference between LIQUID and RAW egg whites?

The human body cannot completely and safely digest a raw egg white. So, if you like to do the "Rocky Routine" with a raw egg or raw egg white in your drink, you are wasting your time, not to mention the threat of Salmonella. Avidin, which is found in raw egg whites, blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency. You must cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its Amino acids. Unfortunately, cooking also starts to destory the protein.

Our 100% pure liquid egg whites from Egg Whites International are heat pasteurized and salmonella tested. The pasteurization process heats the egg white to 134 degrees for 3½ minutes. This heat kills the salmonella and neutralizes the Avidin to allow the egg whites to be digested safely by the human body. When you cook an egg white to the point of scrambled eggs, you are overcooking the protein and denaturing the true value of the protein. Therefore, 100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites are liquid but not raw, making them the purest form of protein In The Entire World! They will stay good in your refrigerator for 90 to 120 days and can be safely kept frozen indefinitely.

www.eggwhitesint.com
omg bob just stop-these egg whites u keep promoting are horrible
w

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2009, 10:36:55 PM »
err....why take them raw? spend a little more time cooking them and your body will thank you for it

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2009, 11:12:11 PM »
Raw Milk is better then Pasteurized milk
Raw Eggs are better then pasteurized eggs

Heat kills nutrients good and bad

Nature intended for us to eat our food raw

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2009, 01:35:45 AM »
lol you didnt see wut i did thar

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

err....why take them raw? spend a little more time cooking them and your body will thank you for it

Even in the microwave, cooking them is a drag.  Scrubbing the pot, etc.  I'd love to feel confident about consuming them without the cooking.

If only someone could tell us the temperature at which avidin breaks down.  Someone who knows a lot about egg whites, or knows people who run some sort of egg white speciality company, because those are the people who would know.  If only someone would go ask them and then relay the information to us.  It would make that company look like a forthright, stand-up group with a helpful and interested representative.

Bob Bonham

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2009, 07:43:12 AM »
The yoak comes in the egg for a reason. with just whites you lose out on that. Try soft boiled 

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2009, 08:40:43 AM »
I've had 3 or 4 raw eggs for breakfast for over 10 years. NEVER had a problem, not even once :)