Author Topic: Anyone have Adidas Leistung 16/2?  (Read 18767 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Anyone have Adidas Leistung 16/2?
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2018, 12:49:47 PM »
A lot of ppl actually prefer the 08 ironworks to the 08 adistars.

They are very narrow is my only complaint. I have very narrow feet so they work but I can't imagine the standard width working for most.

kcb5150

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2018, 02:10:13 PM »
They kinda stretch out if you have fat feet and want to suffer for awhile. The adipowers stretch out quite a bit as well from ppl I know who lived with them. The shoes you have are cavernous compared to the 3.1 powerlift entry level shoe. Nike went really narrow on romaleos 3. Those are dogs. Inov 8 is ok on width but the length runs like 1/2 size short.

kcb5150

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2018, 12:49:01 PM »
Bought a pair of the 16 rio ones everyine hates on because of the boa only, red color, and the stars of david. These actually fit a bit better than the 16 2 on me anyway. Size for size maybe these are a hint longer. Narrower mid foot than adipower, very slightly narrower heel, but there is more room in the front than adipower because there is more volume combined with material flex. The grip on the ground is outstanding. Flexibility isnexcellent as well. There is a grain to the heel lining where it feels smooth going in and rpugh pulling up which helps heel lock. I have no heel slip that others have mentioned. Given the 1" heel you still feel in this shoe vs on top of it. I don't feel the shoe torquing under heavy loads as I have experienced with more crossover based lifting shoes like inov8. Flexibility in the front is as good as adipower. Breathability is good for an oly shoe. Main criticism from me is I wish the heel transitioned more gradually vs the steep drop they engineered into it. These are really stable in the hole. These bend in a more natural spit than 16 2 as there is not a big boa system in the middle of the lace path. The boa doesn't loosen between sets as some have claimed. You set them, walk around and let your foot settle in and maybe crank one more time after the first working set and they pretty much stay tight. Very tight actually. I think these bombed in the market just on looks so if you can score a pair cheaply and are tall I would go for it. Very stable platform.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2018, 04:45:59 PM »
Bought a pair of the 16 rio ones everyine hates on because of the boa only, red color, and the stars of david. These actually fit a bit better than the 16 2 on me anyway. Size for size maybe these are a hint longer. Narrower mid foot than adipower, very slightly narrower heel, but there is more room in the front than adipower because there is more volume combined with material flex. The grip on the ground is outstanding. Flexibility isnexcellent as well. There is a grain to the heel lining where it feels smooth going in and rpugh pulling up which helps heel lock. I have no heel slip that others have mentioned. Given the 1" heel you still feel in this shoe vs on top of it. I don't feel the shoe torquing under heavy loads as I have experienced with more crossover based lifting shoes like inov8. Flexibility in the front is as good as adipower. Breathability is good for an oly shoe. Main criticism from me is I wish the heel transitioned more gradually vs the steep drop they engineered into it. These are really stable in the hole. These bend in a more natural spit than 16 2 as there is not a big boa system in the middle of the lace path. The boa doesn't loosen between sets as some have claimed. You set them, walk around and let your foot settle in and maybe crank one more time after the first working set and they pretty much stay tight. Very tight actually. I think these bombed in the market just on looks so if you can score a pair cheaply and are tall I would go for it. Very stable platform.

What country are you from and what weight class do you compete in? 

kcb5150

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2018, 06:06:33 PM »
Usa. I'm pushing 40 so I don't compete in anything. My roots are in ice hockey but I used the oly movements to make myself explosive and enhance my spatial awareness. I probably shouldn't be doing this style of lifting anymore given age but I find my body responds rapidly to it and my core stays strong. I just don't do daily programming. Maybe 2x a week. Sometimes 1x and I will do snatch grip dl another day as a defecit lift or fragments. Like today I wasn't feeling super in damp weather so I did squats and just some light squat jerks. A little bit of just focusing on 1st and 2nd pull on snatch. Luckily my gyms I belong to have locations with pretty nice platforms and bumper setups.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2018, 04:31:02 AM »
Usa. I'm pushing 40 so I don't compete in anything. My roots are in ice hockey but I used the oly movements to make myself explosive and enhance my spatial awareness. I probably shouldn't be doing this style of lifting anymore given age but I find my body responds rapidly to it and my core stays strong. I just don't do daily programming. Maybe 2x a week. Sometimes 1x and I will do snatch grip dl another day as a defecit lift or fragments. Like today I wasn't feeling super in damp weather so I did squats and just some light squat jerks. A little bit of just focusing on 1st and 2nd pull on snatch. Luckily my gyms I belong to have locations with pretty nice platforms and bumper setups.

What's lacking in so many that bodybuild are power movements. Power as in explosiveness is one of the most important athletic attributes. More important than strength even though they are related somewhat. I use to always do the power clean and jerk in my bodybuilding routines. On occasion I used the snatch too. I used the old fashion split snatch. I always found my sprinting speed and vertical leap improved with using the olympic lifts. I gave up the power clean and jerk when my shoulders went. Seemed the jerk would give my shoulder grief. A combo of bad form and damage over time led me to abandon the movement. I might work my self back into it using light weights.

Don't ever feel that 40 is old.  It is for an elite athlete trying to stay at the top but for the average gym rat you should be able to do 90% or more of what you could do in your youth reference cardio, strength and power. You will see the real decline around 55 years of age.

kcb5150

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2018, 03:26:31 AM »
I still have my resting hr between 54-58 which is good. I also feel these movements make your tendons and connective tissue strong in ways other movements don't. Also lie detectors for muscle imbalances/highlighting weak spots. You will either crumple or start helicoptering after you receive the weight if things are well out

kcb5150

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2021, 08:42:19 PM »
More shoe updates. With everything being shut down ppl were dumping things left and right on the net for sale and during that I picked up a nos pair of ironworks 2 (the silver and red 04 ones) for a song. Heel is wood jacketed by vulcanized rubber or urethane. Lower heel than I have used in years but I have always been hamstring dominant and had a good long rest so a lot of the old aches faded quite a bit during the downtime. I used to get inflammation behind the knees so I went to a higher heel years ago to go more quad but so far nothing bad. These hurt like hell at first, but they stretched and now they fit like a glove. Really feather light and electric response. I am kind of spooked about the glue holding the heel to the upper given elastic lifespan being a 16 year old adidas product but so far it has been ok. They're not as sensitive to balance point as the leistungs. Leistungs the weight either rockets up or it throws you forward or back. There's a general trashiness to the materials of these in some critical areas as well. Some of the laces thread through a plasticky nylon weave that was very poorly chosen. The liners kind of remind me of the stuff nike goes with but less robust, and that silver coating is so fragile it may as well be pencil lead. The tongue is also not tethered so it shifts. Bio mechanically though, it is a really nice shoe. I will see how long till it starts showing the strain. I think I would take these over the ironworks 3 if only because the arch shank is more solid.