Author Topic: Dorian Pic from 92  (Read 29503 times)

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
Re: Dorian Pic from 92
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2006, 11:17:27 PM »
dorain is good but no ronnie......p.s. his gut is horrible

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2006, 12:32:14 AM »
you are underestimating the power of conditioning. And you are ignoring muscle refinement.

For example, comparing Ronnie's back in 1996 or 1997 to his back in 1998 or 1999 is laughable.

1997:

1998:

this is more than just conditioning. It is also added muscle. I don't believe that Ronnie was near his ideal bodyweight of 250 pounds in 1996/7. If I recall, he was more like 235-238.

Lets compare quads.

1996:

1999:

again, 1999 looks much, much better.

Ronnie made a big leap in 98/99.  it should be obvious by looking at the pics. In 1996/7 he was good, but, like Dorian did from 1992 to 1993, and Ronnie himself did from 2002 to 2003, he made HUGE improvements. Like night and day.

Nice try he was 235 -238 back in 97 , hell Flex was competing in the 235lb range and he is bigger than Flex in those pics , and those 99 Grand Prox pics compare well with the 96 NOC pics , I don't see a much imrpoved Ronnie in those pics , it looks like he is in about the same condition

And the back pics from 98 vs 97 if you mean Ron improved by having a bigger ass I agree with you  ;) and look at the 98 Coleman back pics compared to the one of Yates , he still doesn't have any edge on em , with the exception of biceps , Dorian's back is still thicker and his lowerback is shredded and Ron's isn't , Dorian has the edge in thickness & density , so you've gained NO ground in your argument , and it doesn't matter if everyone on this board agrees with you , you think an extra 10lbs and better condition would trun it in Ronnie favor , you need more than that !! and I don't mean a 2003 GH Gut either lol

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2006, 12:39:50 AM »
I hate that straight arm pose...I think it has to be one of the lamest poses they do.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2006, 04:43:27 AM »
ND, you are sad.  You are definitely in the minority of three people or so on this whole board who idolizes Yates above all else.  Dude looked good one time.  If Haney would have continued competing, Dorian would have one Sandow (1993).  After his arm tear, his body became a walking disaster.  Unfortunately, the judges gave the reigning champ the nod, but anyone with eyes could see he was way overrated.  Ronnie after 1998 crushed him.  You continue to drone on and on about Dorian's thickness and graininess.  Why is it if that were the case he brought that package to the Mr. Olympia in less than 30 percent of his victories.  Once again, dude went downhill fast. Yeah, he looks really bad here....LMAO.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2006, 07:35:51 AM »
ND, you are sad.  You are definitely in the minority of three people or so on this whole board who idolizes Yates above all else.  Dude looked good one time.  If Haney would have continued competing, Dorian would have one Sandow (1993).  After his arm tear, his body became a walking disaster.  Unfortunately, the judges gave the reigning champ the nod, but anyone with eyes could see he was way overrated.  Ronnie after 1998 crushed him.  You continue to drone on and on about Dorian's thickness and graininess.  Why is it if that were the case he brought that package to the Mr. Olympia in less than 30 percent of his victories.  Once again, dude went downhill fast. Yeah, he looks really bad here....LMAO.

This is a 'post tear' pic of Dorian at the 1995 Olympia and he crushed Flex, Levrone, Shawn, Nasser, Baker, Coleman, Francois, and Clairmont that day! He was NOT overated.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2006, 01:56:07 PM »

not overrated? here is a 6 time Mr. Olympia who has quads that are as smooth as a baby's bottom. Look at the pic! And you have ND going on about how great his legs are ::) Most national competitors have better quads (and arms), (and taper) and...

the guy was as overrated as one could possibly get.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2006, 01:57:06 PM »
dorian's overratedness only got worse AFTER his tear.
Flower Boy Ran Away

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2006, 02:10:28 PM »
dorian's overratedness only got worse AFTER his tear.

What happened to his quad detail in that pic? ???

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2006, 02:20:01 PM »
  What happened to his quad detail in that pic? ???

he never had any.

more ND propaganda.

ND is keeping the myth that dorian was amazing alive.

ronnie with his huge advantage in overall detail (arms, quads, delts, hams, hell, even triceps (ronnie's were at least striated) etc, would take dorian without too much trouble in my opinion.

People have tried to use the flawed argument that because Flex lost to dorian (while having more detail) ronnie would too.

but this is totally wrong because :

1. Ronnie had width on Yates' level.
2. Ronnie had mass on Yates' leve.

IN ADDITION to more detail.

Flex never had the mass or width to stand next to dorian and avoid being dwarfed.

Ronnie could easily. It would not be that close in my opinion for this reason.
Flower Boy Ran Away

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2006, 06:46:20 PM »
Monster bicep in that most muscular....don't arms count for a little nowadays.  ;D

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2006, 06:47:32 PM »
Monster bicep in that most muscular....don't arms count for a little nowadays.  ;D

Brutal gap between his biceps and forearm ;D

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #161 on: May 01, 2006, 07:01:59 PM »

colemans rear double biceps looks flat as a pancake. This picture reminds me of Nasser.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=68682.0;attach=76096

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2006, 07:06:10 PM »
Yates doesn't appear to have biceps in the rear double bi. :P

Here's some help in finding Ron's bis:

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2006, 07:23:32 PM »
colemans rear double biceps looks flat as a pancake. This picture reminds me of Nasser.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=68682.0;attach=76096

maybe you should try a pic where Ronnie is flexing.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »

if only dorian's waist were smaller

dorian showing off his fantastic calves and "thigh rods".
His legs looked great from the side, but lost all impressiveness when they were viewed in the normal head on position.
Flower Boy Ran Away

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2006, 08:50:04 PM »
Damn, Sonny Schmidt looked better from the front than Yates.  He has an awesome taper and incredible legs.  Haney just crushes Yates.  To this day, the best looking bodybuilder ever from the front and one of the best ever from back.  Awesome.  Look at that waist on a 250+ pound guy.  You will never see that type of physique again with today's GH guts.  Even Yates had a decent waist then, but you can tell his obliques which eventually got ridiculously large had the tendency to grow.  I was at that show from less than twenty rows away and it was Haney and everyone else.  It is laughable that Yates beat him in the muscularity round.

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2006, 11:56:22 PM »
What the entire contest... you'll see why he the muscularity round. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2006, 04:59:13 AM »
he never had any.

more ND propaganda.

ND is keeping the myth that dorian was amazing alive.

ronnie with his huge advantage in overall detail (arms, quads, delts, hams, hell, even triceps (ronnie's were at least striated) etc, would take dorian without too much trouble in my opinion.

People have tried to use the flawed argument that because Flex lost to dorian (while having more detail) ronnie would too.

but this is totally wrong because :

1. Ronnie had width on Yates' level.
2. Ronnie had mass on Yates' leve.

IN ADDITION to more detail.

Flex never had the mass or width to stand next to dorian and avoid being dwarfed.

Ronnie could easily. It would not be that close in my opinion for this reason.

I love how you go on about how easy Ronnie would beat Yates lol first of all he just varely beat a less than ideal Flex , by just 3 points !! if Flex was on for that show Ronnie would have been 2nd , so if he could just barely manage to beat a less than stella Flex your rational that he would easily beat a prime condition Yates is just plain retarded , if we were to entertain the possiblity that Ronnie could beat Yates it would one , be anything but easy , especially considering Dorian dominated a much sharper Flex in 93 and Ronnie won because Flex fucked-up , so your assesment of a Coleman-cakewalk is pure  fantasy

I love how you hop on Dorian's flaws or precieved flaws are cling to them for dear life , that they would some way vindicate Ronnie its laughable , for every flaw you can find ( or make-up ) on Yates I  can counter with Ronnie , so thats a moot point on both our parts , what matters is at thier best who would look best in the mandatory poses , and Yates would win most of them , well give Ronnie the front & rear biceps shows ( because I'm being kind ) and Yates would just destroy him every other shot , period . and for a Coleman fan to call Yates overrated is ironic because your hero has had more close calls , lost while a Mr Olympia , has progressively gotten worse with each outing , and has faced medicore competitors for most of  his career , hs the biggest gut of ANY of the 10 Mr Olympias by far !! so who is really overrated??
Anyway its all internet nonsense on both our parts and frankly most of the board is sick of it .

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2006, 05:01:13 AM »
Sandow city

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2006, 05:28:39 AM »
I love how you go on about how easy Ronnie would beat Yates lol first of all he just varely beat a less than ideal Flex , by just 3 points !! if Flex was on for that show Ronnie would have been 2nd , so if he could just barely manage to beat a less than stella Flex your rational that he would easily beat a prime condition Yates is just plain retarded , if we were to entertain the possiblity that Ronnie could beat Yates it would one , be anything but easy , especially considering Dorian dominated a much sharper Flex in 93 and Ronnie won because Flex fucked-up , so your assesment of a Coleman-cakewalk is pure  fantasy

I love how you hop on Dorian's flaws or precieved flaws are cling to them for dear life , that they would some way vindicate Ronnie its laughable , for every flaw you can find ( or make-up ) on Yates I  can counter with Ronnie , so thats a moot point on both our parts , what matters is at thier best who would look best in the mandatory poses , and Yates would win most of them , well give Ronnie the front & rear biceps shows ( because I'm being kind ) and Yates would just destroy him every other shot , period . and for a Coleman fan to call Yates overrated is ironic because your hero has had more close calls , lost while a Mr Olympia , has progressively gotten worse with each outing , and has faced medicore competitors for most of  his career , hs the biggest gut of ANY of the 10 Mr Olympias by far !! so who is really overrated??
Anyway its all internet nonsense on both our parts and frankly most of the board is sick of it .

If the board is so sick of it then why don't you shut the f**k up

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2006, 06:13:53 AM »

Ronnie>Dorian

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2006, 06:34:10 AM »

I think it's cool when people don't stop propagating their point of view when they know it's right. Why not? Whichever one of you guys stops being stubborn first will definitely have lost!

P.S. Yates beat Flex and Ray on size and conditioning, certainly not proportions. Ronnie has Yates on size and although he isn't quite carved out of granite like Yates his ass could grate a nutmeg and he has more veins and fullness than some kind of veiny house. I would personally say his shape is a million times better too. Ronnie's sheer size and shape and ass would beat Yates' flat but solid injury fest.

P.P.S. Those pre-contest b/w photos of Yates are seriously great shots and it is hard to find single shots of Ronnie which are as good, though they do exist, but on stage it's a different story.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2006, 02:28:20 PM »
well give Ronnie the front & rear biceps shows ( because I'm being kind )

no, its not because you are being kind. Its because if you were to say otherwise you would look like an idiot.

We have all shown you time after time that Yates rear double bi and front double bi are not as good as Ronnie's.

Rear lat spread, sure thats debatable.

But not the double bi shots . Just look at some of the pics on this thread.

Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2006, 02:31:48 PM »
Haney just crushes Yates.  To this day, the best looking bodybuilder ever from the front and one of the best ever from back.  Awesome.  Look at that waist on a 250+ pound guy.
In that case, these pics are very misleading-Haney showing once again glaring imbalance with the torso overpowering so-so arms & mediocre legs, & has an odd shape. Yates kills him on thighs & calves. Yates looks better, actually.

Haney isn't in the same sentence with the elite, from any angle-Ron, Sergio, Arnold. Excellent 2nd tier guy, right there with Yates..

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2006, 02:36:26 PM »
Dorian "no bis" Yates...