Author Topic: Training arms once or twice a week?  (Read 34795 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Training arms once or twice a week?
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2011, 11:07:18 PM »
^^^^ LOL ur shoulders/traps day must be super super short in comparison to the other days

arms do get hit quite a bit on other exercises so they should be treated gently but direct work is still beneficial

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2011, 08:26:10 PM »
The routine I do calls for training arms once a week on Mondays. Throughout the week when you train back and chest, you'll also be training your arms. On this routine, my arms grew a little over an inch in about six months. My arms are slow growers....I was ecstatic! Can't wait to get back too it next Monday after a little more than two months off.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2011, 07:36:21 AM »
I would say no more than twice a week.....you must keep in mind the bis get hit with back and tris get worked on chest day and delt day.

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2011, 04:02:10 PM »
I HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD THE WHOLE CHEST AND TRIS......OR EVEN SHOULDERS AND TRIS THING

WHY WOULD ANYONE TRAIN BIS AFTER BACK.....OR TRIS AFTER CHEST OR DELTS????

WHY NOT JUST WORK THE BIS AND TRIS TOGETHER.....YOUR TRIS HAVE TO BE FATIGUED LIKE CRAZY AFTER A CHEST OR SHOULDER SESSION......WHAT GIVES HERE????

UMM THIS WAY Y0U'RE W0RKING THE PUSH MUSCLES LESS 0FTEN LEAVING THEM M0RE TIME T0 REC0VER. IF Y0U D0 BACK AND TRIS, Y0U'RE W0RKING THE TRICEPS 3 TIMES A WEEK WITH CHEST AND SH0ULDERS 0N 0THER DAYS. THIS WAY BY D0ING PUSH T0GETHER Y0U W0RK THEM 0NCE 0R TWICE A WEEK LEAVING M0RE R00M F0R GR0WTH. EASIER 0N THE J0INTS. ALS0, Y0UR TRICEPS ARE W0RKING AT A MUCH HIGHER INTENSITY LEADING T0 M0RE GR0WTH AFTER CHEST AND DELTS AS 0PP0SED T0 W0RKING THEM BY THEMSELVES.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2011, 08:34:34 AM »

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD A GREAT BICEPS WORKOUT AFTER BLASTING YOUR BACK?

SAME GOES WITH TRIS AFTER CHEST.......QUIT WITH YOUR THEORIES ON RECOVERY.....THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL YOU CAN GET A SUFFICIENT TRICEPS WORKOUT AFTER CHEST OR SHOULDERS.

YOUR TRIS GET WORKED INDIRECTLY AND SO THEY ARE QUITE FATIGUED AT THE END OF A CHEST OR DELT SESSION.

MY .02

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2011, 08:57:02 PM »
I may be a sissy but I never manage to do cardio after weights.

Yes. You are a sissy! But then so am I most of the time. I hate cardio. I really have to psyche myself up for it. When I read somewhere that riding a stationary bike or climbing the stair stepper actually helps build leg muscle, I got more interested in cardio. I just can never seem to get over my skinny beginnings even though it has been decades since I was thin.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2011, 10:39:30 PM »
once a week, always together bis and tris. It will get you big arms.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2011, 11:04:38 PM »
once a week, always together bis and tris. It will get you big arms.

Good! Because that is what I am doing. It's the first muscle group of the week, so I am really fresh when I train them.

Now explain this, a week or so ago I measured my arms and they were slightly over 17". Last night I measured them again and they were only 16 3/4". How is that possible? I have not lost any weight. Still weigh 214 same as a week ago. WTF? I am pissed.

Note: I have really long arms. Yes, just like an ape. My sleeve length is between 35 and 36".  I am only 5'11" tall with relatively short legs....fucking genetics.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2011, 11:21:26 PM »
Good! Because that is what I am doing. It's the first muscle group of the week, so I am really fresh when I train them.

Now explain this, a week or so ago I measured my arms and they were slightly over 17". Last night I measured them again and they were only 16 3/4". How is that possible? I have not lost any weight. Still weigh 214 same as a week ago. WTF? I am pissed.

Note: I have really long arms. Yes, just like an ape. My sleeve length is between 35 and 36".  I am only 5'11" tall with relatively short legs....fucking genetics.
happens to me all the time, I think its normal to be flat on some days, while others fuller..

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2011, 06:41:36 AM »
Twice a week has given me my best results but right now I only have time for once a week.

...used to be-Mon-chest,bi's-Tue-back,tri's-Fri-arms

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2011, 02:18:42 AM »
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD A GREAT BICEPS WORKOUT AFTER BLASTING YOUR BACK?

SAME GOES WITH TRIS AFTER CHEST.......QUIT WITH YOUR THEORIES ON RECOVERY.....THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL YOU CAN GET A SUFFICIENT TRICEPS WORKOUT AFTER CHEST OR SHOULDERS.

YOUR TRIS GET WORKED INDIRECTLY AND SO THEY ARE QUITE FATIGUED AT THE END OF A CHEST OR DELT SESSION.

MY .02

N0PE. Y0UR B0DY ADAPTS.