Author Topic: Shelby Starnes: Super-Spammer. Denies Getbig...  (Read 17227 times)

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: Shelby Starnes: Super-Spammer. Denies Getbig...
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2009, 07:05:54 PM »
If Shelby had his own set specific Q & A it would be no big thing but he whores every board across the universe (except for Getbig   ::) ) and won't answer questions about gear. How fking lame? Why not? As if he's going to get into trouble....  

Did he get busted for dealing?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: Shelby Starnes: DNP. Denies Getbig...
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2009, 07:12:19 PM »
Nope, not a good idea.

Bullshit. Think about the thousands of Getbiggers who now use MPG caps after Jag Enterprises mentioned it once or twice here.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2009, 09:07:23 PM »
Did he get busted for dealing?

I have no idea if he did, but has there ever been a guru who wasn't a dealer?

I didn't think so.  :D

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2009, 09:12:37 PM »
I have no idea if he did, but has there ever been a guru who wasn't a dealer?

I didn't think so.  :D
You prep people so in essence a "guru" so..........  :D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2009, 09:25:10 PM »
You prep people so in essence a "guru" so..........  :D

LOL, nah I don't think so. :D I have only helped a few personal friends with keeping them on track during prep. Being a guru who pushes drugs on clients they don't know (or even selling period) must be the worst fucking job in the world. What a headache. :D

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2009, 09:35:25 PM »
LOL, nah I don't think so. :D I have only helped a few personal friends with keeping them on track during prep. Being a guru who pushes drugs on clients they don't know (or even selling period) must be the worst fucking job in the world. What a headache. :D
QFT!

I've done the same with V_B. I couldn't fathom guys like Shelby who try to make it their "career". I'd put a revolver in my mouth.

- Block!
?

Stavios

« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2009, 09:47:26 PM »
QFT!

I've done the same with V_B. I couldn't fathom guys like Shelby who try to make it their "career". I'd put a revolver in my mouth.

- Block!

Same here.

especially with women it must be hell on earth

heretostay13

• Getbig II
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2009, 10:40:39 PM »
Just throwing my two cents out here...

- As far as dodging questions go, I've seen Shelby be straightforward. I've asked him about using anabolics while on a carbohydrate rotation and he was straightforward about it. I've even asked about T3 and Clen and he's been straight about it too.

-I've seen the guy answer tons of questions left and right (on various message boards) so I can imagine he's bombarded with legitimate ones and attacks alike.

-Granted, the guy does answer a lot of basic questions (mainly), but he has a lot of PAYING clients for his advice. Doubt he's going to spill everything about every aspect he knows about dieting when he has clients who pay for the same advice (and don't go into the issue of why 'idiots would be paying for this info'...that's not the argument here)

- I doubt he's advocating drug use to his clients. If they're telling him they're drug free, why not tout it? There have been some other transformations he's shown that are pretty impressive, especially women, that I doubt had any drug use involved. It's really not an aspect he controls.

All in all I'd say  he gets a lot of shit thrown his way on other boards, and I'd say he has an idea of who's legit in their approach and who isn't. Yeah, I've noticed he dodges questions, etc. but a lot of times they're asked in such a poor fashion, or basically an attacking manner, that I'd also probably work around them too. I'm just giving points to think about. Personally, I've learned a lot from his posts on carb rotation. I feel that advice has paid off well in terms of my approach to my diet. Is it brand new advice? No, but he's went into enough detail that I've gotten a grasp of it and otherwise wouldn't have.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2009, 01:23:45 AM »
Hi Shelby!
BigNationRadio.com

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
Re: Shelby Starnes: DNP. Denies Getbig...
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2009, 02:29:50 AM »
whats he staring at on the ceiling?

at the shite hitting the fan...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2009, 02:48:25 AM »
Fellas you guys are forgetting a key man rule,  never trust a man with a woman's name, EVER. 

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2009, 07:34:54 AM »
Shelby's a good guy. 
I don't see the anger towards him.  He's about the least arrogant guy on earth.  He'll be the first to admit he was born with train hopping genetics (he actually did that for a year when he was young, so we have proof that his genetics are sound for that) and just enjoys trying to do better at bodybuilding. 

When I met Shelby, he was about 160 lbs and 20% bodyfat....with the same glasses.  He wanted to work with me to do a show and I wanted to turn him down.  He was persistent and asked to meet him in person. 
I finally agreed to meet him at the gym before a workout so I knew it would be short.  He told me that he would follow the diet "to a T," which is what EVERYONE says (even the people on this thread that have helped their friends know that "to a T" is typically code for "I hope WalMart rotisserie chicken counts for my chicken meals). 

Turns out, he did follow the diet to a T.  He was a great client, really seemed interested in learning about nutrition, and never complained about a thing (which never happens on first diet).
He ended up coming in at a bone-dry 155lbs for his show and took 2nd in the open. 

He asked me more questions about nutrition, so to shut him up I told him to buy some college textbooks on exercise physiology and nutrition....which he did....and which he read. 

So, believe me, Shelby didn't make any better of a first impression on me. 
But it turns out that he's really a great guy.  He realizes he doesn't have Phil Heath genetics, but he gets a kick out of trying to improve as a bber and doesn't make any claims that he's anything more than a former train hopping non-athlete who enjoys the process of bodybuilding.

I get the feeling that people have the idea that he's full of himself or something.
The guy is about as opposite of that as possible.  Seriously, his only lavish expense is his eyewear.

He works with all kinds of people.  He doesn't just take on bodybuilders that have already competed a dozen times.  He works with regular Joes, women, non-competitors, overweight people that want to get healthy, and gets them all in shape.  His clients email our admin account all the time to say how helpful he is, how personalize his advice is, how bad his glasses are, etc. 

Seriously, the guy has some funny stories about his youth.  Every time we meet up for dinner or something, once I get past his glasses, he has me laughing my ass off with some of his stories from when he was growing up.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2009, 07:44:09 AM »
Shelby's a good guy. 
I don't see the anger towards him.  He's about the least arrogant guy on earth.  He'll be the first to admit he was born with train hopping genetics (he actually did that for a year when he was young, so we have proof that his genetics are sound for that) and just enjoys trying to do better at bodybuilding. 

When I met Shelby, he was about 160 lbs and 20% bodyfat....with the same glasses.  He wanted to work with me to do a show and I wanted to turn him down.  He was persistent and asked to meet him in person. 
I finally agreed to meet him at the gym before a workout so I knew it would be short.  He told me that he would follow the diet "to a T," which is what EVERYONE says (even the people on this thread that have helped their friends know that "to a T" is typically code for "I hope WalMart rotisserie chicken counts for my chicken meals). 

Turns out, he did follow the diet to a T.  He was a great client, really seemed interested in learning about nutrition, and never complained about a thing (which never happens on first diet).
He ended up coming in at a bone-dry 155lbs for his show and took 2nd in the open. 

He asked me more questions about nutrition, so to shut him up I told him to buy some college textbooks on exercise physiology and nutrition....which he did....and which he read. 

But it turns out that he's really a great guy.  He realizes he doesn't have Phil Heath genetics, but he gets a kick out of trying to improve as a bber and doesn't make any claims that he's anything more than a former train hopping non-athlete who enjoys the process of bodybuilding.

I get the feeling that people have the idea that he's full of himself or something.
The guy is about as opposite of that as possible.  Seriously, his only lavish expense is his eyewear.

He works with all kinds of people.  He doesn't just take on bodybuilders that have already competed a dozen times.  He works with regular Joes, women, non-competitors, overweight people that want to get healthy, and gets them all in shape.  His clients email our admin account all the time to say how helpful he is, how personalize his advice is, how bad his glasses are, etc. 

Seriously, the guy has some funny stories about his youth.  Every time we meet up for dinner or something, once I get past his glasses, he has me laughing my ass off with some of his stories from when he was growing up.

Thanks for clearing things up.  Once again Blockhead has clearly made a complete ass of himself
A

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2009, 08:02:15 AM »

Thanks for clearing things up.  Once again Blockhead has clearly made a complete ass of himself

I'm not going to get into that.  If he had the chance to talk to Shelby, he'd see that he's getting the wrong impression about him.  It's not a big deal though, Shelby does post on a lot of boards.  That's good for his business though.  He doesn't spam the Troponin Nutrition name or post with the sole intent of getting people to link to our website, but he does promote the changes his clients make and makes sure to congratulate his clients when they do well in shows. 

If you post a ton, people are going to get annoyed from time to time. 
I don't think he posts pics of himself asking for nothing but "you look great bro!" responses.  I know he used to ask for real criticism on his own pics...maybe he doesn't do that anymore.  Most of the responses are just about his glasses anyway. lol

www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2009, 08:45:51 AM »

When I met Shelby, he was about 160 lbs and 20% bodyfat.... 

How did he manage this?

That's pretty impressive.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2009, 09:02:24 AM »

I'm not going to get into that.  If he had the chance to talk to Shelby, he'd see that he's getting the wrong impression about him.  It's not a big deal though, Shelby does post on a lot of boards.  That's good for his business though.  He doesn't spam the Troponin Nutrition name or post with the sole intent of getting people to link to our website, but he does promote the changes his clients make and makes sure to congratulate his clients when they do well in shows. 

If you post a ton, people are going to get annoyed from time to time. 
I don't think he posts pics of himself asking for nothing but "you look great bro!" responses.  I know he used to ask for real criticism on his own pics...maybe he doesn't do that anymore.  Most of the responses are just about his glasses anyway. lol

I understand however Blockhead has the bad habit of shooting people first and asking questions later and its unfair to trash someone who doesn't even post over here or ever actually having a conversation with him. 
A

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2009, 09:37:18 AM »
How did he manage this?

That's pretty impressive.

With a contest diet.  I think he may have been training as a powerlifter before the contest prep.  I really don't know his exact stats, I just used numbers that I thought would look impressive. 
He didn't look like a bodybuilder though, that's the main point.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

heretostay13

• Getbig II
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2009, 09:41:28 AM »
This was a post/question after Shelby took time to make a post over at rxmuscle.com to congratulate a light heavyweight just to give an idea of how people even approach him in terms of questions.

"hey shelby how much more kcal did you eat and did you up the dose on anabolic also??. love to here how you grow so much. and do you do a lot site inj??

thanks for the help"

Really??

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2009, 10:04:12 AM »
i totally think guys n girls who do this natural transformation and natural in general r total 100% bullshit for sure

but hey this is how people make money cause there r enough people with no common sense that cant see that this stuff is a joke..pretty much ALL SUPLEMENTS except for ionized whey protein and creatine .  do almost no good for u at all.  everytime a supp comes out like androstine and epidrine or ghb that actually works the government gets rid of..   if people look to good to be natural    THEY ARE NOT NATURAL.... any of us who have been around know this!!!  just my 5 cents!!!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2009, 10:33:09 AM »
Shelby's a good guy. 

you sound like the worst contest prep guru ever - he paid you money asks some questions and you tell him to go buy some books hahahahahahahahahahaha

no wonder you like him, anyone else would tell you to go fuck yourself.
175lbs by 31st July

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2009, 10:40:23 AM »
$

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2009, 10:54:22 AM »
you sound like the worst contest prep guru ever - he paid you money asks some questions and you tell him to go buy some books hahahahahahahahahahaha

no wonder you like him, anyone else would tell you to go fuck yourself.

This was after the diet, after 4 months of prep together when he wanted to learn more information for himself.  
He wanted to learn more about the actual physiological mechanisms of the body.  Whenever someone asks that, I give them some University textbooks that I think are good.  Most people don't want to take the time to actually learn how the body works, so it never goes past that point.  

Shelby took the time to learn, which is why I asked him to join Troponin Nutrition.  
He continued to take the time to learn, which is why he now co-owns Troponin Nutrition.

Also, I don't like to think of myself as a "contest prep guru."
I consider myself more of a father figure, only younger, better looking, and able to steal your girlfriend.  I guess "Idol" would be a better word.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2009, 11:40:13 AM »
This was after the diet, after 4 months of prep together when he wanted to learn more information for himself.  
He wanted to learn more about the actual physiological mechanisms of the body.  Whenever someone asks that, I give them some University textbooks that I think are good.  Most people don't want to take the time to actually learn how the body works, so it never goes past that point.  

Shelby took the time to learn, which is why I asked him to join Troponin Nutrition.  
He continued to take the time to learn, which is why he now co-owns Troponin Nutrition.

Also, I don't like to think of myself as a "contest prep guru."
I consider myself more of a father figure, only younger, better looking, and able to steal your girlfriend.  I guess "Idol" would be a better word.

hahaha maybe pop idol if you could sing, but i don't fancy your chances trying to steal my girlfriend with your butter face ;D
175lbs by 31st July

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2009, 11:47:57 AM »
Just one of the many inspiring transformations to be found on the Troponin Nutrition website
 8)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2009, 04:12:39 PM »
Justin,

ill explain this to u plain and simple.

No one likes spammers!!!!!!!! Therefore thats where the hate for shelby comes from.